Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    You like the term gaslighting it seems, you probably use it a lot to justify people arguing with you as you come across like someone who likes to argue.
    You need to look up the definition, I am not distorting any reality, I am stating facts. Now just because you don't like what is being said doesnt make it untrue.
    None of my posts are on the offensive, if you find them attacking then that further explains your obsession with people gaslighting you.
    Stated nothing but your own delusion of deduction and claimed it as facts. You've proved nothing at all and still to this time you can't provide any iota of evidence nor proof of Preach getting paid to do this. Only thing you've managed to do is be an embarrassment and proved to me that when challenged on your assumption you have nothing. Show me facts that you've boldly stated, the one thing I've asked for but you refuse... more like can't.

Again one piece of proof. A picture, statement, ANYTHING. If not, this is done and getting tiresome of someone who can't backup the claim of preach getting paid to do this interview by blizzard. And likely not to get any proof as shown by previous statements of asking for some this has been quite the boring farcical.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2023-01-18 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i literally changed it multiple times on fly while lvling and with gear and at max and even tried different ones for fun
    that alone is enough, older one had none of that, and the so-called pandaland+ style of talent 'free' was still pure shit as for example priest mid-tier had only 1 valuable talent for 4 exps in row
    I still think wrath talent is superior, but this one is 100% better than mid-talent system
    I’m not claiming the old one was good, because it’s not. But the new one are not good either, i just said it’s not meaningful. If you change it all day long, then it maybe doesn’t really matter? Only this is my problem with the new one, the illusion of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loreth88 View Post
    I’m not claiming the old one was good, because it’s not. But the new one are not good either, i just said it’s not meaningful. If you change it all day long, then it maybe doesn’t really matter? Only this is my problem with the new one, the illusion of choice.
    Obviously can't speak for every spec but there are several builds I play for warlock and ele shaman that are very close to each other/have their niches in raid (on a per boss basis sometimes) and M+ depending on the affixes too.

You old, bald and delusional boomers want to tell me that this is worse than wotlk talents where talents are baked in concrete for months now with max. one offspec for ulduar cleave bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Obviously can't speak for every spec but there are several builds I play for warlock and ele shaman that are very close to each other/have their niches in raid (on a per boss basis sometimes) and M+ depending on the affixes too.

You old, bald and delusional boomers want to tell me that this is worse than wotlk talents where talents are baked in concrete for months now with max. one offspec for ulduar cleave bosses?
    If u cannot read, then close your eyes and go to sleep, where i write about anything of wotlk talents? Hmm? So mind your tongue, if I not speak with you this tone then you shouldn’t doing it either.

i dont see any revolutionary design changes other than removing features people liked, titan forging/ artifacts etc. ppl soon enough remember the days of the raid log expacs such as warlords and we will hopefully get back the much hated systems that reward you for playing the game instead of afking in the capital city .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I wonder how much time it took you to find something to nitpick. "I'm angry because someone doesn't always agree with my favorite online person!" It wasn't even the criticism part of my comment.
    Anyway, I hired a private investigator... to check his character's armory. Lol.
    If you'd notice in my comments, I'm trying to be level headed and being fair. I didn't go to personal insults, I didn't go hyperbolic. I even said we need people like him (or what he was, once upon a time). How about to take it as it is?
    Haha what? I don't even like Preach and I barely follow his videos tbh. But I am talking about being realistic seriously he is just a human just like all of us he can plays what the hell game he wants off stream. It doesn't have to be in stream online to prove something to you or anyone else really.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Stated nothing but your own delusion of deduction and claimed it as facts. You've proved nothing at all and still to this time you can't provide any iota of evidence nor proof of Preach getting paid to do this. Only thing you've managed to do is be an embarrassment and proved to me that when challenged on your assumption you have nothing. Show me facts that you've boldly stated, the one thing I've asked for but you refuse... more like can't.

Again one piece of proof. A picture, statement, ANYTHING. If not, this is done and getting tiresome of someone who can't backup the claim of preach getting paid to do this interview by blizzard. And likely not to get any proof as shown by previous statements of asking for some this has been quite the boring farcical.
    Fine, here is your proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Haha what? I don't even like Preach and I barely follow his videos tbh. But I am talking about being realistic seriously he is just a human just like all of us he can plays what the hell game he wants off stream. It doesn't have to be in stream online to prove something to you or anyone else really.
    This is his job, supposedly.
    If someone supposedly invested 40-50k into a tour to blizz HQ to make an exclusive Blizz HQ video series without getting any payment from blizz, then you would think that at least he would play the game to support his point in his own videos! In social media the content creator is the product too! That's why you call them influencers! How influencing is to see this video series about a changing dev team/game and an amazing dragonflight that is for EVERYONE, yet he doesn't play it in front of his audience?

Yes, I know he had the flood, yes I know he decided to go and do the race to world first, yes I know he decided to do "mmo january" where he plays every mmo (except the one he advertises ).
    This seems like awful awful business decisions in the row. He seemingly overcommitted himself.
    Noone has EVER had this privilege what he had, and it feels like an absolute waste.
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-01-18 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    This is the problem. They used to design this game according to a specific vision and for a specific audience. The larger the game grew and the more other groups of people hopped on board, the more they decided to cater to the lowest denominator.
    Vanilla wow was specifically designed to appeal to a broad audience of people that thought existing mmos like Everquest were too time-consuming/hardcore and it worked! WoW through WOTLK was the most broadest appeal mmo for its time ever--and it wasn't hardcore at all. Your entire narrative is just not historically accurate.

I can't understand what is to like about the soup event for example, from a gameplay perspective. It's well liked I'm sure, because it's zero effort for an easy reward.
    People like it because it's fun to participate in an event with a bunch of people. The tasks are cheesy but in a fun way and the yes chef thing is kind of fun. A lot of people in MMOs like social events and gameplay doesn't really matter as much to them. Other MMOs--like FF14 or GW2--do this better but it's a good feature to have in WoW and I hope they do more of them. It's the same reason I loved the secret mounts like hivemind or when someone discovered that northrend murloc under the water--large parts of the community comes together and just does something fun.

And I doubt they still skim the forums for good feedback like they used to. What even is there to gain? How do you decide what is good feedback? Ion himself admitted that people want impossible amounts of different and sometimes opposing things.
    Devolore said they do hire people to do this and distill the feedback back to the devs. If you doubt that, take it up with them. Blizzard does they best they can to balance the interests of the majority of people because players in wow are diverse and want different things. All of this is covered in the preach interviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard can just disregard the feedback.
    Sometimes this is the right choice. Sometimes it is not. Not every system is universally hated for example--I loved legion legendries and whatever problems they had were mostly at the high end. Based on the first video, the main problem was not so much they were disregarding feedback but that their dev cycle was several years out so by the time Legion players started to mostly dislike artifact power they had already designed azerite and could not reverse ship.

But we used to have preach for example who voiced the concerns about the azerite armors, about torghast. If you were "just a player" who didn't read the beta forums all day, or played the beta yourself and actually cared to test it and voice an opinion about it, then you were in the dark.
    He has his opinion. I never personally agreed with him about much of it because I don't raid mythic and, while I understand many of their concerns from their position, stuff like covenant swaping never affected me (I played a night fae ret paladin throughout all of Shadowlands and enjoyed RPing it). Lots of people love dragon ridding for example--I found traditional flying more fun. It's blizzard's job to figure out what the best solution is to differing feedback.

Fine, here is your proof.
    And I am right you have nothing and are just an embarrassment. Next time do better and have some facts to backup your claim...fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is his job, supposedly.
    If someone supposedly invested 40-50k into a tour to blizz HQ to make an exclusive Blizz HQ video series without getting any payment from blizz, then you would think that at least he would play the game to support his point in his own videos! In social media the content creator is the product too! That's why you call them influencers! How influencing is to see this video series about a changing dev team/game and an amazing dragonflight that is for EVERYONE, yet he doesn't play it in front of his audience?

Yes, I know he had the flood, yes I know he decided to go and do the race to world first, yes I know he decided to do "mmo january" where he plays every mmo (except the one he advertises ).
    This seems like awful awful business decisions in the row. He seemingly overcommitted himself.
    Noone has EVER had this privilege what he had, and it feels like an absolute waste.
    Just because it is his job he is not forced to comply to your requests by playing a lot of WoW he can play a lot of other games offline as well. Yes it is his job but he is human before being in his job humanity comes first or are you one of those guys who is just work work work more important than life?

Also I don't let anyone in this life influence me when it comes to doing my hobbies or the things I love because in the end I play for myself and no one else and I have been playing video games since the 80s and have more experience than most tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    You can't really design a game for millions of people and cater to exactly one person. We all have our likes and dislikes. Nothing wrong with disliking things (I do too), but as long as the likes in wow outweigh the dislikes for me I'll keep playing it.

You're reading too much into this. It's blizzard's job to design a game that has content for their diverse player base. It's not realistic to expect any one content creator to care about something they are not that interested in. But we know--from the prior video with devolore--that Blizzard has community managers that gather feedback from a variety of sources and distills it back to the devs.

TBH DF is probably my least favorite expansion so far but that isn't a youtubers' fault.

I find soup fun at least.

Please don't insult flat earthers who are generally nice, well rounded people with just a silly belief. Or maybe it's Jaina's fault for the ice wall.

I mean I keep playing it because at this point after 18 years, it's is what it is. I still enjoy the nostalgia and play at my own pace to the beat of my own drum. That said, yes companies today want to cater to everyone because it's good business. Years ago roleplaying video games which MMORPG's are supposed to be a progression of, were largely played by dorky kinda people who enjoyed sword and sorcery, and fantasy fiction. Nowadays every game tries to cater to everyone by ticking off as many boxes as possible. Alienating some of the original playerbase who made the genre what it is today.

Just because it is his job he is not forced to comply to your requests by playing a lot of WoW he can play a lot of other games offline as well. Yes it is his job but he is human before being in his job humanity comes first or are you one of those guys who is just work work work more important than life?

Also I don't let anyone in this life influence me when it comes to doing my hobbies or the things I love because in the end I play for myself and no one else and I have been playing video games since the 80s and have more experience than most tbh.
    Sentences are not next to each other because they look pretty together. He made a video about how this is the new era for wow, how things have changed (for the better), he made a huge deal about it, and then he doesn't play it, which would be his job. See, these go together in one thought. Jesus christ.

Everyone is influenced by stuff, wether you aknowledge it or not. If you have been around since the 80s, you must be 40+, so you should well know this. This doesn't mean anyone should run after influencers with wet panties. I've been playing since the 80s as well myself. Good ol' commodore 64 and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sentences are not next to each other because they look pretty together. He made a video about how this is the new era for wow, how things have changed (for the better), he made a huge deal about it, and then he doesn't play it, which would be his job. See, these go together in one thought. Jesus christ.

Everyone is influenced by stuff, wether you aknowledge it or not. If you have been around since the 80s, you must be 40+, so you should well know this. This doesn't mean anyone should run after influencers with wet panties. I've been playing since the 80s as well myself. Good ol' commodore 64 and everything.
    Are you some kind of demi god that you see through someone life even when they are not streaming? my issue with you is HOW THE FUCK YOU KNOW he doesnt play the game in real life just because he doesnt stream it? are you for real? are you guys living in just digital life that if anything not stream = not relevant what the hell wrong with you people?

Are you some kind of demi god that you see through someone life even when they are not streaming? my issue with you is HOW THE FUCK YOU KNOW he doesnt play the game in real life just because he doesnt stream it? are you for real? are you guys living in just digital life that if anything not stream = not relevant what the hell wrong with you people?
    At this point it would be easier for me to communicate with a naked mole rat even tho they are deaf and blind and everything.
    This is a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Preach must be paying some of the commenters in this thread too.
    I just witnessed 18 comments with negative feedback about this interview get cherry-picked/removed on wowhead all at once, so there is definitely something fishy going on.

For everyone? So what about the people that like the core of the franchise, namely killing the other faction?

And I am right you have nothing and are just an embarrassment. Next time do better and have some facts to backup your claim...fool.
    OK undercover Preach fan.
    If you aren't getting a cut for being so actively defensive then I feel bad for you, that you would invest so much time in promoting his authenticity.

OK undercover Preach fan.
    If you aren't getting a cut for being so actively defensive then I feel bad for you, that you would invest so much time in promoting his authenticity.
    All I asked was one bit of proof of your claim Preach was getting some sort of income for doing this from Blizzard. You failed multiple times to do that. I already I stated I am no fan of Preach but sometimes he does make some valid points. You failed next time do better when making absurd claims. We're done here.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I asked was one bit of proof of your claim Preach was getting some sort of income for doing this from Blizzard. You failed multiple times to do that. I already I stated I am no fan of Preach but sometimes he does make some valid points. You failed next time do better when making absurd claims. We're done here.
    Well it's certainly quid pro quo. Preach makes a ton of money because it's a controversial event and both sides are clearly aware of that. He talked shit, made a big production about not playing (at least, conveyed this idea to MANY people who only know his content in passing while also drawing in his own fanbase), and then returns which signals some sort of change in either side of the argument. That draws views.

People should compare the views of his Blizz HQ vids to his vids since announcing he wasn't going to raid or stream or whatever nUaNcEd claim he made. I would be surprised if his viewership did not go up for these videos. I think it's clear that he's making bank especially given there are installments.