Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Well it's certainly quid pro quo. Preach makes a ton of money because it's a controversial event and both sides are clearly aware of that. He talked shit, made a big production about not playing (at least, conveyed this idea to MANY people who only know his content in passing while also drawing in his own fanbase), and then returns which signals some sort of change in either side of the argument. That draws views.

People should compare the views of his Blizz HQ vids to his vids since announcing he wasn't going to raid or stream or whatever nUaNcEd claim he made. I would be surprised if his viewership did not go up for these videos. I think it's clear that he's making bank especially given there are installments.
    People do make claims and they do go back on them. Take people who quit wow for example. Some will fully commit and some will return. Same with his claim he is not going to stream again which from the video he is streaming again. Correct hes making bank but I would say its from Youtube and advertisers. Blizzard I don't think so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    People do make claims and they do go back on them. Take people who quit wow for example. Some will fully commit and some will return. Same with his claim he is not going to stream again which from the video he is streaming again. Correct hes making bank but I would say its from Youtube and advertisers. Blizzard I don't think so.
    Oh, direct payment from Blizz? I doubt it. They don't need to do all that.

Treat him well while he's there and take care of him to ensure he gives what they would consider to be a fair assessment? Absolutely. That can involve a lot of things that aren't just some payment.

Oh, direct payment from Blizz? I doubt it. They don't need to do all that.
    That was the whole problem with the previous person I was debating with and assumed he got paid by blizzard to do the interview. But some other forms of compensation is a lot more reasonable then a monetary gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    At this point it would be easier for me to communicate with a naked mole rat even tho they are deaf and blind and everything.
    This is a waste of time.
    You just don't get it do you? players like you got too attached to and too involved in stuff like streaming and gaming job streaming contents creation to the point you forget that video games to begin with are for entertainments. That is the god damn true purpose of video games. If Preach is not playing WoW as much as he claims to be? so what? why are you so salty about it? why not just live your god damn life and move on? let the guy play what the hell he wants he shouldnt answer to you. Judgemental people like you are the reason why I am sick of online gaming community so entitled..you judged the guy based on online data bullshit and forgot the fact that someone can play video games offline or offstream.

All I asked was one bit of proof of your claim Preach was getting some sort of income for doing this from Blizzard. You failed multiple times to do that. I already I stated I am no fan of Preach but sometimes he does make some valid points. You failed next time do better when making absurd claims. We're done here.
    Yet you are still defending him, you're not a fan but then say he makes valid points.
    You are confused I'm afraid.
    You think a YouTube getting paid for publicity is an absurd claim, that indicates your lack of understanding on the topic.
    You blindly defend without fully understanding the what you are defending.
    Unless of course that's why you are here, then it all makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    You just don't get it do you? players like you got too attached to and too involved in stuff like streaming and gaming job streaming contents creation to the point you forget that video games to begin with are for entertainments. That is the god damn true purpose of video games. If Preach is not playing WoW as much as he claims to be? so what? why are you so salty about it? why not just live your god damn life and move on? let the guy play what the hell he wants he shouldnt answer to you. Judgemental people like you are the reason why I am sick of online gaming community so entitled..you judged the guy based on online data bullshit and forgot the fact that someone can play video games offline or offstream.
    You have very serious issues with reading comprehension, and you grasp into hyperboles all the time. You're trying to give words into my mouth I never said, and get angry about it, whilst ignoring stuff I did say, running in circles like a dog that's chasing his own tail. Good job.
    This is all on you. If you have problems start with yourself and the inability to understand other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You have very serious issues with reading comprehension, and you grasp into hyperboles all the time. You're trying to give words into my mouth I never said, and get angry about it, whilst ignoring stuff I did say, running in circles like a dog that's chasing his own tail. Good job.
    This is all on you. If you have problems start with yourself and the inability to understand other people.
    I do understand your point very well from the first comment. Again people CAN play video games offstream offscreen. It doesnt have to be online and full time job streaming for you to be acceptable you know?

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    Yet you are still defending him, you're not a fan but then say he makes valid points.
    You think a YouTube getting paid for publicity is an absurd claim, that indicates your lack of understanding on the topic.
    Oh youre still here? Thought you embarassed yourself enough already. Don't have to be a fan of someone but can agree with some points he makes. Common knowledge. Go read the previous guy I was quoting. At least he was a lot more understanding and that he might very gotten compensation in something for doing this. All you do is just blatantly infere he was getting paid by blizzard for doing this interview. Overall I'm tired of you. Can't provide any facts or anything at most. Rickroll thing.... didn't realize it was 2010. Just stop dude you lost this.

Oh youre still here? Thought you embarassed yourself enough already. Don't have to be a fan of someone but can agree with some points he makes. Common knowledge. Go read the previous guy I was quoting. At least he was a lot more understanding and that he might very gotten compensation in something for doing this. All you do is just blatantly infere he was getting paid by blizzard for doing this interview. Overall I'm tired of you. Can't provide any facts or anything at most. Rickroll thing.... didn't realize it was 2010. Just stop dude you lost this.
    How could I lose, theres nothing to lose.
    Fact is youtubers get paid for promoting in their videos, whether it's cash or a car or a hand job or a hooker it's still being paid.
    Im right, you're wrong, that's all there is to it.

How could I lose, theres nothing to lose.
    Fact is youtubers get paid for promoting in their videos, whether it's cash or a car or a hand job or a hooker it's still being paid.
    Im right, you're wrong, that's all there is to it.
    Provide proof of your claim or get out of notifications like I've said before multiple times

Provide proof of your claim or get out of notifications like I've said before multiple times
    I don't have to provide anything, your approval doesn't dictate the facts or the truth.

I don't have to provide anything, your approval doesn't dictate the facts or the truth.
    And your delusions don't dictate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Except he quit because of the lawsuit. Some fake ass virtue signaling if ever there were such an example.
    Maybe you should get your facts straight. It was not the reason, it was a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    And your delusions don't dictate reality.
    But is not ones own version of reality that really matters in the end?

I mean, it's his job to talk shit about the game. He makes tons of money from it. Even this redemption era is making him tons of money. Even if the insipid sycophant weirdos never defended him to the hilt (which is just weird parasocial relationship shit) he would STILL make buckets of money from wow.

And people have every right to take a deuce on him in the comments because part of his shtick is being a know it all stick in the mud self positioned elite.
    Your argument has one flaw. Why would he quit during SL, when his job is to talk shit about the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Saying something is a fact and then using "very likely" means its not actually a fact
    Uhhh, no?

A correlation can be a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Seconded. I hate that the algorithm seems to actively promote that sort of thing.
    You do realize, that the algorithm does not check if there is a stupid face in the thumbnail.

One thing it checks is the click-through rate, which is the % of people who click on the video after having it presented to them.

So the algorithm, promotes things people like to start watching. Insane, right?

- - - Updated - - -

To yourself, but not to others.

Only if you can keep your mouth shut. Which seems impossible for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Your argument has one flaw. Why would he quit during SL, when his job is to talk shit about the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh, no?

A correlation can be a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize, that the algorithm does not check if there is a stupid face in the thumbnail.

One thing it checks is the click-through rate, which is the % of people who click on the video after having it presented to them.

So the algorithm, promotes things people like to start watching. Insane, right?

- - - Updated - - -

To yourself, but not to others.
    Why would anyone care what others think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Only if you can keep your mouth shut. Which seems impossible for you.
    You must like what I say if you keep replying to me, you obviously want this to go on

Why would anyone care what others think?
    And why would anyone care what your headcanon is?

Defending individuals against wild unfounded accusations is actually just basic human decency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Defending individuals against wild unfounded accusations is actually just basic human decency.
    Nah it's people defending their own interests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    And why would anyone care what your headcanon is?
    And why would I care what you care