Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOEnjoyer View Post
    The issue is that I'm not always using my own key.
    Inspect your party members before you enter dungeon and start the run?

Common red flags:

• Low item level
    • Low M+ score
    • Decent gear but no enchants
    • Offspec Trinkets (i.e. Tanking trinket for DPS, Intellect trinket for Tank)

Also communicate as soon as you see a red flag. Ask (politely) what's going on with X red flag. If no answer or answer doesn't satisfy you, then leave prior to run starting.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Is it me or is there way too many people who join mythic + hoping to get carried.

I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?

-If I play with my druid they die before my healing overtime tick enough time.

-If I play holy priest then I got like 1-2 sec of time to power word: life them then it's the same story every 5 sec. If there's dispel to do then it's too late.

-Last week they would pull way to much and bursting+grievious fucked us.

-This week they wait like 3 sec in the blood pool before moving the mobs.

If you call them out they start cussing at you. If you leave without a word they start cussing at you. If you wipe they start cussing at you. If they miss a kick they start cussing at you.
    I remember doing a 17 on my Holy Priest during BfA, I'd literally have a macro that said "Please be mindful of Bursting, don't get overzealous". If I had my CDs up we'd be fine with like 9 stacks but still.

People are dumb :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I remember doing a 17 on my Holy Priest during BfA, I'd literally have a macro that said "Please be mindful of Bursting, don't get overzealous". If I had my CDs up we'd be fine with like 9 stacks but still.

People are dumb :/
    I think I recall a weak aura that some healers used to basically /yell whenever stacks got up past 5 on bursting. Alternatively just heal yourself and the tank. If DPS dies maybe they will learn. If DPS complains, I point to how many stacks they are at and also mention that mass dispel would have been used unless it's on cooldown.

Also good is the weak aura that tells the party when the healer is near OOM (and at OOM). Sometimes tanks just need a gentle yet firm shove that the healer isn't ready yet for the next pack.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I think I recall a weak aura that some healers used to basically /yell whenever stacks got up past 5 on bursting. Alternatively just heal yourself and the tank. If DPS dies maybe they will learn. If DPS complains, I point to how many stacks they are at and also mention that mass dispel would have been used unless it's on cooldown.

Also good is the weak aura that tells the party when the healer is near OOM (and at OOM). Sometimes tanks just need a gentle yet firm shove that the healer isn't ready yet for the next pack.
    It was so infuriating when a tank would mass pull and like 2 DPS would die right off the bat and I'd see a "wtf heals..." and I'm like "What do you mean "wtf heals" It's BURSTING, SLOW DOWN AND RELAX"

Just mental I swear.

Bursting literally led me to no longer pug M+, I mean that's not totally true - I still pug M+ but very rarely, It's guildies and Discord all the way. Runs go SUPER smooth, we have fun and It's a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    The social contract should at least reduce occurences of genuine harrassment (that is in part what it was designed for) - because if people are getting penalised for whispering people abuse, they're less likely to do it going forward. If the OP is suggests that reporting doesn't appear to achieve anything (and we don't get to see whether any action is taken by our reports so none of us really know), then the OP might also be led to believe there's no point reporting people.
    That is not what it was designed for. IT was designed so that players have more power to report people for that behavior and those doing it to get punished for it.

People violating it doesn't make it a joke. It can't stop the behavior. But it can empower others to report it which will stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    It's funny to me that this is the general response.

There is a 26 page that's been going on in the Raids & Dungeons board, where posters are arguing for punishments for those that dare think about leaving a group.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-you-DESERTER

The OP says it best:
    There's also multi page threads that argued why covenants were amazing

It's a forum
    Like 90% of the ideas are retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Don’t get raider.io - its a spyware.
    [citation needed]

Is it me or is there way too many people who join mythic + hoping to get carried.

I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?

-If I play with my druid they die before my healing overtime tick enough time.

-If I play holy priest then I got like 1-2 sec of time to power word: life them then it's the same story every 5 sec. If there's dispel to do then it's too late.

-Last week they would pull way to much and bursting+grievious fucked us.

-This week they wait like 3 sec in the blood pool before moving the mobs.

If you call them out they start cussing at you. If you leave without a word they start cussing at you. If you wipe they start cussing at you. If they miss a kick they start cussing at you.
    Oohh crap a i am mad its unfair post, from a new poster. most of the time means nothing good but lets read.

- not let them die and leave and report them for GP sabotage.
    - yes, welcome to druid healing.
    - dispel and its to late? i know it can tick hard. but dispel is very fast.
    - again report him/her
    - you do know there is a meme about standing in the fire right?

- just leave without a word, the cuss at you? then....report. You do know we all had to agree to be nice to play the game. screencap the moment. And report them.

And this is "normal" and happens a lot. Its sadly part of the game. Did Lfr this week. and people where failing at the most simpel mechanics. ( not stacking the boss near altars, not killing the spider add).

getting mad about it helps no one. Just leave, block and report them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verissaugh View Post
    Yea, I just wish they worded it alot better. I understand that "ability" with everything else make sense to be "disability" but, I just wish they added "dis" so people can stop having this misunderstanding.
    The reason they don't is because some people are very sensitive about being called "disabled", I would imagine. It is unfortunate that it isn't more clear, but given that it's describing things that people can't change about themselves, it's supposed to be picked up from context. Your 'ability as a player' is definitely something that can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    [citation needed]

Yeah feel free to use random spyware but then don’t run to Blizzard forums crying how someone stole your account. “I’m sure I didn’t enter my passwords anywhere, I’m innocent” lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Originally Posted by Social Contract
    -Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability

-Harassment, threats, or abusive/derogatory language and behaviors
    Bolded the relevant bits.
    yes you did, though maybe use whole context, instead of cherry picking... "negative comments that target another player's" are not prohibited, negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability" are, and "ability" its in no way related to skill at game, its about being disabled...

I honestly never saw people swearing at me as a healer if we wipe. So I tend to endure to the end of the dungeon no matter what even when some of the group is undergeared and we won’t time the dungeon. Just don’t be toxic and keep playing. Don’t leave unless the party itself disbands.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t get raider.io - its a spyware.
    Spyware? Spying on me while im watching series and play WoW, hope they enjoy it tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Inspect your party members before you enter dungeon and start the run?

Common red flags:

• Low item level
    • Low M+ score
    • Decent gear but no enchants
    • Offspec Trinkets (i.e. Tanking trinket for DPS, Intellect trinket for Tank)

Also communicate as soon as you see a red flag. Ask (politely) what's going on with X red flag. If no answer or answer doesn't satisfy you, then leave prior to run starting.
    The score is tricky tho, ive seen people who started "late" having 1800 rio score playing way way better than the 2400-2600. You never know who got boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    /facepalm That's not what ABILITY means. It's talking about disabilities, genius.
    Two points here: One, you trying to draw a line where there isn't. Two, if you want to argue the definition of a word, then at least admit the social contract is far too ambiguous. That's the problem with the social contract to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Two points here: One, you trying to draw a line where there isn't. Two, if you want to argue the definition of a word, then at least admit the social contract is far too ambiguous. That's the problem with the social contract to begin with.
    I'm not drawing a line, I'm reading the context clues. It is strictly talking about inherent traits to a person. Things that you can't change, like your skin color, or your ability (or lack thereof) to walk. I am not arguing the definition of the word, I'm detecting the definition from the very obvious context preceding it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm not drawing a line, I'm reading the context clues. It is strictly talking about inherent traits to a person. Things that you can't change, like your skin color, or your ability (or lack thereof) to walk. I am not arguing the definition of the word, I'm detecting the definition from the very obvious context preceding it.
    So, skill is not an inherent trait?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So, skill is not an inherent trait?
    No, because you can gain skill, you can lose skill. Are you trolling me right now...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoura View Post
    The score is tricky tho, ive seen people who started "late" having 1800 rio score playing way way better than the 2400-2600. You never know who got boosted.
    Well then you start to look at more detailed stats - How many dungeons completed in time for X bracket. R.io addon shows this which helps provide some context to the score.

If high score but low number of dungeons completed for that bracket range then it's another potential red flag.
    ---

Yeah feel free to use random spyware but then don’t run to Blizzard forums crying how someone stole your account. “I’m sure I didn’t enter my passwords anywhere, I’m innocent” lol.
    "dude trust me it's spyware"

Okay boomer.

Wait. This dude unironically thinks Raider.io is spyware? Holy fuck lmfao

What exactly do you think is spyware? You don't need their desktop app at all if you don't trust it. Ingame addons are not sending any data to anyone.