Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What feature would you like to see return in DF from old expacs?

It'd be cool if at some point, we got a legendary, and to make it more powerful we need to get aspect power.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked scenarios. I get that they were pretty much baked into the game as a storytelling device for more in depth quests, but I liked how they first came.

I also liked warfronts, or at least the concept. Sucked we only got two in bfa. Anything that gave the old WC2 rts feel is nice (I'd really like whoever did the SC2 remaster to do the WC2 battle chest as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I liked the proto-player housing we had with the Halfhill farm and Garrisons, wish that they were further iterated upon. The WoW game engine is capable of allowing players to place chairs and furniture, no idea why Blizzard doesn't just go all the way and give us actual bonafide player housing.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I liked the proto-player housing we had with the Halfhill farm and Garrisons, wish that they were further iterated upon. The WoW game engine is capable of allowing players to place chairs and furniture, no idea why Blizzard doesn't just go all the way and give us actual bonafide player housing.
    crap can I change my answer to this? +1 this over what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Archaelogy. It's ridiculous that they revamped professions and we have several Archaeology quest lines, yet they didn't touch that profession at all. It's just dumb.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Archaelogy. It's ridiculous that they revamped professions and we have several Archaeology quest lines, yet they didn't touch that profession at all. It's just dumb.
    Supposedly they're saving an archaeology rework for a later Dragonflight patch.

Though I agree it would've made sense to have it take a more front center stage in an expansion where you literally arrive on the island alongside an archeological expedition.

It would've also fit quite well into Shadowlands, especially Korthia and Zereth Mortis. They really should've reworked archaeology ages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I would love reforging, even if it was only for tertiary stats.
    I want soloable old raids and dungeons in Torghast.
    Update the rewards and scale it to your current level, allowing you to
    chase cosmetics and level up.

Island Expeditions but for archeology purposes could be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Visions, a nice challenge for people not wanting organised gameplay, could just log in do them at any time and not worry about finding a group/ scheduling it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Supposedly they're saving an archaeology rework for a later Dragonflight patch.

Though I agree it would've made sense to have it take a more front center stage in an expansion where you literally arrive on the island alongside an archeological expedition.

It would've also fit quite well into Shadowlands, especially Korthia and Zereth Mortis. They really should've reworked archaeology ages ago.
    I really think they should turn it into a minigame/puzzle collection you can call up whenever you are sitting around waiting for other players to arrive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I liked scenarios. I get that they were pretty much baked into the game as a storytelling device for more in depth quests, but I liked how they first came.

I also liked warfronts, or at least the concept. Sucked we only got two in bfa. Anything that gave the old WC2 rts feel is nice (I'd really like whoever did the SC2 remaster to do the WC2 battle chest as well)
    I'd like scenarios to return but kind of combine them with world quests... if that makes sense. so to be more specific I'd like them to expand on the questline where we went back in time or to alternate universes (Murlocs) - do that, but make them like scenarios and have world quests in there

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Visions, a nice challenge for people not wanting organised gameplay, could just log in do them at any time and not worry about finding a group/ scheduling it in.
    yep, to this day i think visions are underrated

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly like to see reforging come back. Especially now that hit and expertise aren't a thing to have to balance around. It lessens the disappointment from getting a "sub-par" item, and allows you to try and optimize your character in your own way.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I would honestly like to see reforging come back. Especially now that hit and expertise aren't a thing to have to balance around. It lessens the disappointment from getting a "sub-par" item, and allows you to try and optimize your character in your own way.
    But those two were the entire reason it existed to begin with. So now there's no point to having it. It literally only existed you don't have dead stats on your gear.

It's not like it was terribly interesting, either. Few people enjoy solving optimisation problems.

Put PvP in Warfronts! Make them new Epic Battlegrounds essentially.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Class wise: Soulburn:Soulswap for affliction warlocks. No cd, 2 shard costs, like in mop. Instantly applies all main dots in return for a lot of soulshards for cases where you open a fight or cant cast much.

More generally: More elite catchup zones. Not named rares that always get zerged but plenty of elites you can solo or group. DF actually does pretty well overall in this department, i just want more of it in future patches so i'll have excuse to do it on many alts.

Also better seasonal affixes for m+, BFA and Shadowlands did real well, Thundering is a bit meh in DF.

Flying .

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But those two were the entire reason it existed to begin with. So now there's no point to having it. It literally only existed you don't have dead stats on your gear.

It's not like it was terribly interesting, either. Few people enjoy solving optimisation problems.
    I'd say that especially for the first couple of tiers, reforging was great at getting you much closer to the stat sweet spot for your spec. Being able to squeeze 2-3% more haste or crit our of your gear when you are very dependent on it for smooth gameplay made reforging rewarding

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Yeah but hit and expertise were making reforging unfun and made you need to "solve optimisation problems". Without them, you just make useless gear a little more useful and there would be nothing complicated to solve. Get a crit item in the vault that's the equivalent of -15 ilvls compared to pieces without? Change some of that crit to haste and be less bitter about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    this one, I liked archaeology

Quote Originally Posted by LuxTheGamer View Post
    It'd be cool if at some point, we got a legendary, and to make it more powerful we need to get aspect power.
    In DF specifically? Solo stuff.
    Torghast was poorly implemented on several levels, but the concept isn't bad per se.

I think i spied something about stuff like that earlier though, with some island expedition (i should clarify: by reusing their AI-player-ish tech) thrown into the mix; initially the idea was to have vaults/hoards or whatever based on the different flights, but i think they later on realised that just time allows for pretty much everything.

So i think we're gonna get some sort of "time islands" where we have to face our evil alternate versions in infinite breaches or someshit.

Most entertaining suggestion that reached my ear was that during your various attempts you get to customise your character a bit through symmetrical choices, leading to your infinite counterpart developing in the opposite way.

Like he picks the opposite (local) talents you do, saves the princess if you don't, kicks the dog if you pet it, etc.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-01-21 at 07:02 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.