Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People care about graphics? Friendly reminder that Minecraft, Roblox etc exists.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    True, most WoW is quite outdated, however it's strong points are not graphics, leveling or story experience. It's the endgame that no other MMO comes even close it.
    I suppose thats true if you dont play any other MMO. Just another one of the many "MMO fans" who only play WoW or never give other MMO a chance.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    People care about graphics? Friendly reminder that Minecraft, Roblox etc exists.
    Hey I probably could of worded it better but I'm not trying to complain about WoW's graphics. I was saying that: WoW plays like a single player game, and compared to other single player games WoW looks really bad. No one is playing Minecraft and Roblox for the single player.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    snip
    Personal attacks are never okay. and they should do it to you.

But they can call you out on your lies.
    Because some of the things you say do not work in WoW. Like not getting the level cap right, thinking Battle for azoroth content is current. And in other forum post you have posted on this forum ( people have linked it) you claim different things.

And while i liked part of your post ( did not agree with some of it). I do think your post was in bad faith. Getting to much facts wrong, contradicting yourself with previous post on this site. And have a couple of paragraphs where you pretty much are trying to convince us or yourself to quit WoW.
    If you quit, you quit.

So people can call you out on that. And so far you have not answered people's question about your contradicting stuff. Or why you think BFA content is current content, or that the level cap is 70 etc etc.
    Or like i did, call you out on comparing games to each other that can not be compared. Thats like comparing real Japanse sushi vs supermarket EU sushi....

for instance: the games does not say go to BFA in the trail. It lets you chose where you want to level. So again a lie. you can choose your expansion. Hell. to be even more correct. if the game really would do that. It would sent you to Shadowlands. Because thats 50 to 60 content.
    So either you logged into the most broken version of illegal version of the game or something is really wrong.

I'm confused because you say the graphics are both amazing and shit. But the gameplay is outdated and the graphics and engine are outdated. But that's not what I wanted to reply about. WOW has NEVER been a game about levelling up. The game has always started at the level cap. That was true in vanilla, TBC, WOTLK and all the way up to Dragonflight. Maybe besides Vanilla, people never stopped to admire and play the levelling zones as they were designed to when they were first relevant. People always zoomed past every levelling zone to get to the level cap and play the current stuff. Complaining this isn't an mmo anymore without even getting to the content is a good indication that indeed this game isn't for you anymore because what you want to do is not what the game ever offered.

Hey I probably could of worded it better but I'm not trying to complain about WoW's graphics. I was saying that: WoW plays like a single player game, and compared to other single player games WoW looks really bad. No one is playing Minecraft and Roblox for the single player.
    you can not compare it to other single player games. Because this game is build on a 20 year old engine. A engine you can not easy replace. ( they did update it a lot).

games of the era it should be compared to graphic wise. Because since then the tech has changed. SSD's, GPU's with RT and gb of ram, screen resolutions etc etc all have gotten better or added. Hell a pc back then with a terabyte of HD was a lot. now our tablets have that. A game instal of 20gb or more was insane. Last 2 CoD's are around the 70 to 100gb mark....

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Personal attacks are never okay. and they should do it to you.

But they can call you out on your lies.
    Because some of the things you say do not work in WoW. Like not getting the level cap right, thinking Battle for azoroth content is current. And in other forum post you have posted on this forum ( people have linked it) you claim different things.

And while i liked part of your post ( did not agree with some of it). I do think your post was in bad faith. Getting to much facts wrong, contradicting yourself with previous post on this site. And have a couple of paragraphs where you pretty much are trying to convince us or yourself to quit WoW.
    If you quit, you quit.

So people can call you out on that. And so far you have not answered people's question about your contradicting stuff. Or why you think BFA content is current content, or that the level cap is 70 etc etc.
    Or like i did, call you out on comparing games to each other that can not be compared. Thats like comparing real Japanse sushi vs supermarket EU sushi....

for instance: the games does not say go to BFA in the trail. It lets you chose where you want to level. So again a lie. you can choose your expansion. Hell. to be even more correct. if the game really would do that. It would sent you to Shadowlands. Because thats 50 to 60 content.
    So either you logged into the most broken version of illegal version of the game or something is really wrong.
    Hey thanks for the well thought response. I'm gonna reply cause I completely disagree with you.

Once again, for the 100th time, nothing is in bad faith here. My previous posts have nothing to do with this one. Here is my counter points:

Once I logged in, my character was in Legion Druid class hall. A big popup appeared on my screen. It said something along the lines of "Prince Anduin needs your help over in SW". It was a quest. I accepted it. I knew this was probably going to take me to BfA which I never played. I asked in /2 trade chat what people thought I should do as a returning player. People said overwhelmingly that BfA was the best place to level.

My second point: This is the game. You're saying it isn't current, but by definition (current: belonging to the present time; happening or being used or done now.) Battle for Azeroth is current content. Once I logged into the game, the game, THE DEVELOPERS, told me to go to Battle for Azeroth and level to lvl 60. That's all that happened. I didn't choose to have a bad time. I downloaded the game and did the trial because A) it's free and B) to have fun.

I wrote about the good things that happened. And I wrote about the bad things. The largest shock for me coming back to the game was how story-focused and single player it felt. Since I want to play a MMORPG I think logging into a game and playing alone for 10 hours in a bad thing. I didn't lie about anything.

Here is a proof that I live in JP. My wife's phone auto-translates to JP. I bought some good 焼肉. See the date. I don't know why people think i'm lying. What do I have to gain by lying about living somewhere? It makes no f***king sense since I have absolutely nothing to gain by doing that except hate from a bunch of nerds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    I'm confused because you say the graphics are both amazing and shit. But the gameplay is outdated and the graphics and engine are outdated. But that's not what I wanted to reply about. WOW has NEVER been a game about levelling up. The game has always started at the level cap. That was true in vanilla, TBC, WOTLK and all the way up to Dragonflight. Maybe besides Vanilla, people never stopped to admire and play the levelling zones as they were designed to when they were first relevant. People always zoomed past every levelling zone to get to the level cap and play the current stuff. Complaining this isn't an mmo anymore without even getting to the content is a good indication that indeed this game isn't for you anymore because what you want to do is not what the game ever offered.
    I played vanilla WoW every day an I never got to lvl 60. I think the game was a little bit about leveling. Might of been just me though.

Moreover, I met and played with thousands of people over those couple of years. I had the best adventures I ever had playing video games. And I spent endless hours killing horde in the open world. That's what I want to do when I play a MMORPG. I didn't know all those things were removed from WoW until I played the 3 day trial. I used to take at least a week or two to get to max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    you can not compare it to other single player games. Because this game is build on a 20 year old engine. A engine you can not easy replace. ( they did update it a lot).
    Why can't I compare it? It feels just like playing Assassins Creed or something. It has almost the exact same structure. Quest, quest, quest. Turn in. Story cinematic. Walk to next zone. Get 3 quests. Repeat.

I never PVPed or interacted with another player, just like I never do in Assassins Creed. Why is this game an MMO? Honest question.

you even recognize that leveling is just a stepping stone to the actual game in your opening post, but then the entire rest of it is complaining about how said stepping stone isn't amazing quality or highly populated.

since you seem to have played the game the latest in legion, why did you expect the leveling to be different from how it was at that time? it's kinda always been like that when leveling in non-the-current-xpac, few players, even fewer first timers and not the best balance or anything.

i can get on board with removing leveling or blizz being more generous with free boosts, but cmon don't tell me you didn't know what you were signing up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    might be too late - check your launcher, top right should be a gift. click it and you get a full 3 day sub. Use it for classic if you want.....If you play DF, iirc its locked to the new race and class. You can play your other toons, but cant access any DF content with them.
    Aight, if that's the case I wont bother. Thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you even recognize that leveling is just a stepping stone to the actual game in your opening post, but then the entire rest of it is complaining about how said stepping stone isn't amazing quality or highly populated.

since you seem to have played the game the latest in legion, why did you expect the leveling to be different from how it was at that time? it's kinda always been like that when leveling in non-the-current-xpac, few players, even fewer first timers and not the best balance or anything.

i can get on board with removing leveling or blizz being more generous with free boosts, but cmon don't tell me you didn't know what you were signing up for.
    Thing is, in MoP, WoD, and Legion, the only thing I liked in the game was leveling. I haven't been a HC raider since Wrath. So, yes I love leveling in WoW. The hook of getting your character to max level always gets me every expansion. Except now. Level 15 hunters are 3 shooting the same mobs that take me a minute+ each in LEGENDARIES. I leveled so fast (like 1 level per hour) that is doesn't even feel good anymore. It's just a slog. And ultimately, the worse thing is that you never talk to or play with another human during this whole experience. Even in Legion people with pathfinder would fly down and 2 shot me. Even that doesn't happen anymore.

Thing is, in MoP, WoD, and Legion, the only thing I liked in the game was leveling. I haven't been a HC raider since Wrath. So, yes I love leveling in WoW. The hook of getting your character to max level always gets me every expansion. Except now. Level 15 hunters are 3 shooting the same mobs that take me a minute+ each in LEGENDARIES. I leveled so fast (like 1 level per hour) that is doesn't even feel good anymore. It's just a slog. And ultimately, the worse thing is that you never talk to or play with another human during this whole experience. Even in Legion people with pathfinder would fly down and 2 shot me. Even that doesn't happen anymore.
    yeah that's been (more of) a thing since they made all the old zones auto-scaling from 10-50/60 (which was in legion, lvl 51 chars were mega OP then too, but lvl 1-20s have always been very OP you just never played with them). throw in a couple level and stat squishes and chances are your legendries are simply way underleveled for what you are doing, heirlooms are often better, and also compare it the ilvl quest rewards give.

if you want to properly experience the zone, turn of xp.
    if you want to talk to people, level in dungeons and stick with the group once you find talkative people.
    if you want to be ganked, make sure you have warmode on, but yeah it'll probably only happen to you in the current-xpac leveling.

but yeah it is just a slog, which is exactly why there aren't a lot of people doing it.

yeah that's been (more of) a thing since they made all the old zones auto-scaling from 10-50/60 (which was in legion, lvl 51 chars were mega OP then too, but lvl 1-20s have always been very OP you just never played with them). throw in a couple level and stat squishes and chances are your legendries are simply way underleveled for what you are doing, heirlooms are often better, and also compare it the ilvl quest rewards give.

if you want to properly experience the zone, turn of xp.
    if you want to talk to people, level in dungeons and stick with the group once you find talkative people.
    if you want to be ganked, make sure you have warmode on, but yeah it'll probably only happen to you in the current-xpac leveling.

but yeah it is just a slog, which is exactly why there aren't a lot of people doing it.
    Alright those are all really good points. Thank you

Alright those are all really good points. Thank you
    also keep in mind that buying a boost makes a lot of sense to a lot of people. it's a quite big timesaver.

Jeah sadly it is this way. I also have given up on recruiting people to play WoW again. I tried to get back a good friend to play DF with me, but sadly he didn't bother. It is pretty hard to get people into the game with the current new player experience.

Blizz has to do something about the new player experience or otherwise WoW will always be the same veterans playing the game.
    I personally wouldn't wanna start WoW as a new player right now.

I hope that Blizz will improve the new player experience and maybe also make the story more consistent from level 1-70, because right now new players don't even know why they are doing what they are doing.

also keep in mind that buying a boost makes a lot of sense to a lot of people. it's a quite big timesaver.
    Not to disagree with you. You're right. I just wish games weren't designed that way. Why do I need to pay more money to get to the good stuff? If the 3 day trial was good, I would of resubbed and be playing right now.

Not to disagree with you. You're right. I just wish games weren't designed that way. Why do I need to pay more money to get to the good stuff? If the 3 day trial was good, I would of resubbed and be playing right now.
    sounds like you would have had a much better time if you made a new character tbh.

also not sure what your buggy stuff was about, sure you didn't have some 6 year old addons accidentally still there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenChieftain View Post
    Jeah sadly it is this way. I also have given up on recruiting people to play WoW again. I tried to get back a good friend to play DF with me, but sadly he didn't bother. It is pretty hard to get people into the game with the current new player experience.

Blizz has to do something about the new player experience or otherwise WoW will always be the same veterans playing the game.
    I personally wouldn't wanna start WoW as a new player right now.

I hope that Blizz will improve the new player experience and maybe also make the story more consistent from level 1-70, because right now new players don't even know why they are doing what they are doing.
    if you recruit people you gotto actually play with them, else yeah it's not gonna be fun for them.

i bet the returning vs new player balance for wow is like 90/10 too, so between that and including a boost in the xpac i kinda get why they aren't a priority for blizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    ESO has ok graphics, but the animations are still hot garbage, imo. The difference between FF14 and WoW is mostly in art direction / style, but im pretty damn sure FF has a higher overall graphical quality than wow - more demanding and more advanced. Doesnt mean BETTER, because if you prefer the cartoony style of wow, its always gonna come out on top.
    People always conflate style with graphics and vice versa.

In my personal opinion as an artist I feel style always trumps graphic fidelity aka "realism", simply because style ages so much better than an attempt at realism.

Personally I prefer WoW's art style over FF14's, but that is mostly due to the subdued rather weird rendering of colours and shadows that FF14 has. Also I don't feel FF14's art direction is consistent. Some parts are overly detailed (like ground textures and foliage) while others lack almost any texture beyond flat colour(characters, objects and clothing). It's bizarre. WoW on the other hand has been rather consistent and you rarely see flat colour textures on anything, going for a more textured or painterly feel.

So I often gravitate towards games with a distinct style; Blade and Soul, Wildstar, Okami, Journey, Kingdom Hearts 1, The Pathless, single player Final Fantasy 1-13, etc to name a few.

Hey thanks for the well thought response. I'm gonna reply cause I completely disagree with you.

Once again, for the 100th time, nothing is in bad faith here. My previous posts have nothing to do with this one. Here is my counter points:

Once I logged in, my character was in Legion Druid class hall. A big popup appeared on my screen. It said something along the lines of "Prince Anduin needs your help over in SW". It was a quest. I accepted it. I knew this was probably going to take me to BfA which I never played. I asked in /2 trade chat what people thought I should do as a returning player. People said overwhelmingly that BfA was the best place to level.

My second point: This is the game. You're saying it isn't current, but by definition (current: belonging to the present time; happening or being used or done now.) Battle for Azeroth is current content. Once I logged into the game, the game, THE DEVELOPERS, told me to go to Battle for Azeroth and level to lvl 60. That's all that happened. I didn't choose to have a bad time. I downloaded the game and did the trial because A) it's free and B) to have fun.

I wrote about the good things that happened. And I wrote about the bad things. The largest shock for me coming back to the game was how story-focused and single player it felt. Since I want to play a MMORPG I think logging into a game and playing alone for 10 hours in a bad thing. I didn't lie about anything.

Why can't I compare it? It feels just like playing Assassins Creed or something. It has almost the exact same structure. Quest, quest, quest. Turn in. Story cinematic. Walk to next zone. Get 3 quests. Repeat.

I never PVPed or interacted with another player, just like I never do in Assassins Creed. Why is this game an MMO? Honest question.
    Hey,

Facts are facts.

Let me start with 1 thing first. I do belief or do not belief that you live in Japan ( or not). I do not care about it. And think its no reason to attack you. And i am not saying you lie about that. I think it has nothing to do with this thread.

And i say it is in bad faith. Because you get facts wrong, and people have caught you in lies. Like 1 user here posted that you did play wow last year. If that is so. You would know BFA is not end game content. And you would not have a level 45 hero.

Yes, that quest happens. But its not what you said before. And when you come to stormwind. Seeing you are level 50. you will get to chose your content. And it will clearly show that SL is the newest. And you say here:
    BfA which I never played
    . While in your first thread starter you type:
    My goal was to take my lvl 45 Legion
    And you said:
    In the city Boralus, there were barely 2 or 3 people.
    So it clearly makes you sound that everyone should be there.

You also based your enjoyement of the content on a old expansion: ( look at what you wrote in your conclusion).
    How can you conclude this current expansion and all its pro's and cons in old content. That is like comparing the first CoD, vs the newest.

2nd: lol BFA is not current. Maybe its getting lost in translation. year old content is not current. And the devs do not tell you. They tell you , you can level there if you CHOSE to . And you just said people said go to bfa...so what is it? the devs or people. you are contradicting yourself here. BFA content happend btw years ago. So it can never be current. because story wise the moments have already happend. In your logic. When you look at a photo in a photo book and you see a photo of your great, great grandparents. Its a current photo...because you see it now.

3th: the single player aspect. Again, if you do not play CURRENT wow content. AKA the newest content you can not judge. because it is not the newest. Back then doing things as a team was fun and could be done easy.

4th: Eating soup or eating a mars bar is not the same. They are both food. But it ends there. You can not compare because of the following things:
    - different genre: 1 is single player ( something you dislike in wow, but like in AC), vs mmo
    - different gameplay: AC is more killing, sneaky solo stuff.
    - world size: per AC it differs.
    - game engine: also differs per AC game. they can get a new one, with new tech. WoW is still using a 20 year old engine. You could say: yes remake the engine. But that would mean that they need to redo that to keep to wishes of people like you. So that would mean a single wow expansion perf 5 to 10 years.
    - a wow expansion is faster then most open world games in release date. Because they do not have to start from scratch. Most of these open world games take years to build.
    again, if you compare it. Compare it to star trek online, star wars the old republic, FF14, ESO etc. Same type of game.

5ht: you say:
    I never PVPed or interacted with another player, just like I never do in Assassins Creed.
    but in your first post you say:
    I want to fight the horde. During my day of playing, not a single open world PvP event. I only saw 1 horde player the entire day. What is the point of this game again?
    and never interact with other players you also said:
    I got 1 lvl 15 hunter to make a group with me
    and that you asked people's help.

And agian, if the complaint here is: i do not see people...you are not playing current/newest content.
    Thats like going to a concert after its done and complaining the band is not there and no other people.

So again. I agree with some parts. But you contradict yourself a LOT. ( even posted qoute's from you).
    And again, if you want to judge current wow content. You need to play CURRENT wow content. Old content is not current. Yes they made it work with the current system. But it does not mean its current. Because then they need to redo every piece of content and every expansion every new expansion.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    People always conflate style with graphics and vice versa.

In my personal opinion as an artist I feel style always trumps graphic fidelity aka "realism", simply because style ages so much better than an attempt at realism.

Personally I prefer WoW's art style over FF14's, but that is mostly due to the subdued rather weird rendering of colours and shadows that FF14 has. Also I don't feel FF14's art direction is consistent. Some parts are overly detailed (like ground textures and foliage) while others lack almost any texture beyond flat colour(characters, objects and clothing). It's bizarre. WoW on the other hand has been rather consistent and you rarely see flat colour textures on anything, going for a more textured or painterly feel.

So I often gravitate towards games with a distinct style; Blade and Soul, Wildstar, Okami, Journey, Kingdom Hearts 1, The Pathless, single player Final Fantasy 1-13, etc to name a few.
    yeah, nicely put. Looking pretty vs style. WoW might not be the prettiest. But everything feels in the same world.
    A lot of other Mmo's. It feels very disconnected. Like your High ress hero crashed into a first gen 3d game.

Open world questing isn't designed for multiple players otherwise all quests would be group quests. If you wanted to level in a group to get a feel for the mmo experience why didn't you just do dungeons? Just because the game has some single player elements to it doesn't make it a single player game. You're doing old content, what did you expect?
    We're 2 months into a brand new expansion so most people are either level 70 and doing end game content, or levelling from 60-70 to get to that content, how many people do you think are questing in BFA?
    You still need to have some single player aspects to the game, not everything needs to be done in group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine dislike dragonflight lol, i totally take 0 opinions serious of someone who played the game 3 days and didn't see the actual endgame content which is WoW main gameplay.

Dragonflight might be the best WoW has ever had since release. If you dislike this, your just done with WoW. dont bring ur issues to others.

WoW hasn't been this active since a long time, it's insane how popular it is. So your opinion seems to be the minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?