Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    If WQs scale with Ilvl why am I seeing WQs with gear 50 Ilvl lower. I dont expect 390s, what would be a nice incentive is just not blue quality items. I want to do WQs and be able to d'e the gear for crystals. But its at that point where I look and say nope, gotta go farm daily rares instead. Would just love to see WQs be somewhat relevant after you have hit renown cap. I know its just a damn rant, but hate that WQs cant stay relevant.

And yes, I do the ones that give gold because they take 1 min to complete normally.

rant complete
    The WQs reward is fitting for what they want you to do. I believe it caps at 382 item level rewards by chance, from there, you gotta put more effort into it, or save the pieces for the catalyst?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    The WQs reward is fitting for what they want you to do. I believe it caps at 382 item level rewards by chance, from there, you gotta put more effort into it, or save the pieces for the catalyst?
    I think the question is more in that the wq gear has a weirdly large ilvl variance, not a demand for it to drop higher gear. I'd expect it to have a range of 10-20 ilvl. And I get the complaint because resonance crystals remains very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Turns out Blizzard would prefer its players to actually engage with group content in their video game whose central focus is the social interaction it strongly encourages. Who knew.
    lets quickly print out what you declare „group content“ (lol, just lol) in regards to the OP post, by listing the relevant alternatives in the „WQ bracket“ here:

- Elementals
    - Rares
    - LFR
    - LFG Normal Dungeons
    - LFG Heroic Dungeons
    - Professions
    - M0 in PUG via Tool
    - M0 in Guild

Besides the last point (and i am sure this is veeeery social and much talking and coordinating is needed for M0, lol) nothing of this is in the slightest a social aspect. your argument is the most dumb, tbh, i heard in years. imagine a PUG grp doing a rare and go like „ok guys, how we will doing it?“. lol. heck, the most ppl don’t even join a pug and just hit the rare too, when it shows up on map.

it strongly encourages

muhahahahahahaha. lol good laugh

sorry, but never heard such a stupid statement, tbh.

Yep, you're right. How silly of me to assume the developers of a MMO would want players to interact with one another to achieve their goals.
    I can imagine one fault with your logic. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO he is not. Rewards based on difficulty. Not based whether it is group or single player. The fact that they have all kinds of different content for single and group play shows Blizzard has no preference.
    it’s really funny to see what some ppls consider group content. REALLY funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, you're right. How silly of me to assume the developers of a MMO would want players to interact with one another to achieve their goals.
    it seems i missed all that great interaction in doing Elementals, killing Rares, doing Hunt, LFR or LFG.

a few days ago at least 1 of 10 guys said „hi“ at the start of dungeon and „bb“ at the end. i was excited for days because it was soooo interactive. it felt great!

- - - Updated - - -

lol, you guys are that stupid or strange with your laughable „group content“ definition thing, i twice checked i am not in the classic forum and we talk about premade stuff or something.

please, for the love of god, consider drinking a nice cup of reality. please.

Imagine how much better the system would be if the ilvl rewards from WQ for all your alts scaled with your main. So you make an alt and can do WQ to get decent starter gear instead of getting super geared and then having a bunch of vendor gear (unless lucky/unlucky with one bad piece you're able to replace)

For some reason I don't get butthurt over the idea of people getting gear easier than me, dunno what's wrong with me. But that aside, I do think it's dumb they only scale to trash ilvl, making WQs only really matter for the first week, and then resigned to the purgatory of rep farming.

I think it would of been better if they kept scaling higher, maybe in to normal/heroic raid levels. Hell, even mythic, why not? It would either take an exorbitant amount of time to get there with just WQs, or you would have to raise your average ilvl somewhere else. And all that gear is gonna be useless next patch anyway, why get hung up of it was obtained "justly" or if it's "deserved"? Jealousy and pettiness is not a good look.

And how do you know what Blizzard prefers it's players to do? How do you know what the game central focus is? YOu are not Lbizzaqrd so you cannot dictate that.
    Really? What could it focus on? The single player part that other single player games do? Or the group part that single player games don't do?
    No, you are right, it's a complete mistery, only they would know and they keep it a secret. And why are the best rewards in group content? No clue, only Blizz knows.

I think what the the poster is actually wanting but doesn't know it is not higher ilvl gear, they want a progression system for single play but just don't know anything other than "gear" cause its the only thing in the game that seems to show to a player progression.

No solo content in the game requires high raid or group content ivl, all its going to let you do is stomp trivial content into the ground faster than any fun you could have derived from it beforehand. The progression system for single player content just shouldn't be gear, it should be its own "thing". What that "thing" is, I'm not a game dev its for them to sniff the pulse of that community and figure out something.

That being said...in a system where all content is currently sharing the same progression system (gear) and the other option I suggest above doesn't exist yet, saying why can't I have the highest point of that system solo than someone having to participate and co-ordinate with 5-30 other brains in a room, is kinda obvious, they shouldn't. If the day comes where each world quest takes 40mins to 3 hours of concentrated, alert and co-ordinated play to complete, sure give them all of it. From a fun and design perspective though, easier to just take my earlier suggestion and come up with a system only for them, so the two worlds of solo and group just don't collide with one another.

The problem here is that once you outgear the WQs they are (obviously) much less rewarding and there's no strong incentive to do them, which renders that content obsolete a month into the expansion.

If WQ itemlvls scaled up further to raid gear and beyond, that would just make it take a little bit longer. Instead of rewards stopping at 363 or whatever then they stop at 389, and oh yeah now WQs and normal raids are obsolete.

IMO the solution is that once a character is past the hard itemlvl cap, you reward currency that can be spent on higher itemlvl rewards, like the DF elemental invasions. That way there's still a reason to do those WQs but you won't get every piece of gear and cap out in a week.

Unlike invasions WQs can't be grinded, which is a distinct positive because incentivizing grinding is crappy game design and DF is full of that stuff, the entire casual progression path (ie, invasions) are nothing other than extensive grinding. And they're the lowest-quality content, where you're in a raid of dozens of people frantically trying to get your tag in before mobs die. DF may be lauded as the casual-friendly expansion, but that gameplay sucks rocks.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-01-22 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The problem here is that once you outgear the WQs they are (obviously) much less rewarding and there's no strong incentive to do them, which renders that content obsolete a month into the expansion.

If WQ itemlvls scaled up further to raid gear and beyond, that would just make it take a little bit longer. Instead of rewards stopping at 363 or whatever then they stop at 389, and oh yeah now WQs and normal raids are obsolete.

IMO the solution is that once a character is past the hard itemlvl cap, you reward currency that can be spent on higher itemlvl rewards, like the DF elemental invasions. That way there's still a reason to do those WQs but you won't get every piece of gear and cap out in a week.

Unlike invasions WQs can't be grinded, which is a distinct positive because incentivizing grinding is crappy game design and DF is full of that stuff, the entire casual progression path (ie, invasions) are nothing other than extensive grinding. And they're the lowest-quality content, where you're in a raid of dozens of people frantically trying to get your tag in before mobs die. DF may be lauded as the casual-friendly expansion, but that gameplay sucks rocks.
    So... a currency that slowly and gradually improves the power of your artefacts?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I see you have been gone since that system was introduced

It's always been capped

Turns out Blizzard would prefer its players to actually engage with group content in their video game whose central focus is the social interaction it strongly encourages. Who knew.
    Cash shops that helps you progress without the aid of other players is the best thing that has ever happent to the MMO genre.

Blizzard has just missed this.. they really should make a better blizz store.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Really? What could it focus on? The single player part that other single player games do? Or the group part that single player games don't do?
    No, you are right, it's a complete mistery, only they would know and they keep it a secret. And why are the best rewards in group content? No clue, only Blizz knows.
    EVERYTHING. YOu focus on all different kinds of content to attract all kinds of different players. There is no focus on one type of content.

I am a bit dense at times, but is my take away from your comment that doing wq's in group content improves the ilvl of rewards? otherwise maybe i didnt explain my post very well. I try to make enchants for guild and for profit. In order to do that I need crystals so I have to farm for purples at the chance at getting a crystal. I understand that you are saying do group content, aka go farm mythic 0s and de those for crystals or something similar. Any other group content lowers the ability to get crystals as its rng through raid and mythic plus tends to have low drops and ppl need gear still. so wqs is another good option that should be out there. If this was already said, i apologize as im just reading from top down and replying atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have never done the elemental furies where you can get 385 gear with open world currency?
    Why would I bother?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I am at 378 on my main and I don't mind that WQ gear caps. I do the gold and rep quests instead.
    Last edited by Baine; 2023-01-22 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Cash shops that helps you progress without the aid of other players is the best thing that has ever happent to the MMO genre.

You forget the sarcasm tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

So just to be clear, in case im not understanding you correctly - you want to make wow FULL P2W? Full on powerful gear for sale for real money in the shop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it’s really funny to see what some ppls consider group content. REALLY funny.

- - - Updated - - -

it seems i missed all that great interaction in doing Elementals, killing Rares, doing Hunt, LFR or LFG.

a few days ago at least 1 of 10 guys said „hi“ at the start of dungeon and „bb“ at the end. i was excited for days because it was soooo interactive. it felt great!

- - - Updated - - -

lol, you guys are that stupid or strange with your laughable „group content“ definition thing, i twice checked i am not in the classic forum and we talk about premade stuff or something.

please, for the love of god, consider drinking a nice cup of reality. please.
    Buddy, your inability to comprehend Blizzard doing something for any reason that isn't "because fuck you" isn't a fault with my logic.