Thread: Nether Drake

7+ Year Old Account

Question Nether Drake

if sabellian failed to control the Black Dragon flight, can he join by leading the netherwing dragonflight ?
    Last edited by steelballfc; 2023-01-23 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    if sabellian failed to control the Black Dragon flight, can join by leading the netherwing dragonflight ?
    The Netherwings already have leaders, namely Neltharaku and Karynaku. As Sabellian isn't a nether dragon, and the Netherwing have no real love for their sire who essentially abandoned them, it would be difficult if not impossible for Sabellian to ingratiate himself to them in order to take control of the flight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What Aucald said indeed.

While there is speculation that another flight or two might join the 'council' of dragonflights in Valdrakken, the Netherwing would at best be tolerating the Blacks.

However, I'd say there is room to explore (in flashbacks or other media) the time after the events of The Burning Crusade, showing Sabellian et al. helping the Netherwing and rebuilding trust.

Either way, I am very much looking forward to seeing the Netherwing again, both from a story perspective and just to see what they look like in modern graphics.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I just don't trust Sabellian... it seems a little convienent that he alone has a cure for the Old God's influence... seems far more likely he is just their puppet waiting for the right moment to strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    I just don't trust Sabellian... it seems a little convienent that he alone has a cure for the Old God's influence... seems far more likely he is just their puppet waiting for the right moment to strike.
    That sentence describes Wrathion better than Sabellian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    What Aucald said indeed.

While there is speculation that another flight or two might join the 'council' of dragonflights in Valdrakken, the Netherwing would at best be tolerating the Blacks.

However, I'd say there is room to explore (in flashbacks or other media) the time after the events of The Burning Crusade, showing Sabellian et al. helping the Netherwing and rebuilding trust.

Either way, I am very much looking forward to seeing the Netherwing again, both from a story perspective and just to see what they look like in modern graphics.
    This.
    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    That sentence describes Wrathion better than Sabellian.
    [...]
    they could both be puppets already and we are only given the illusion of choice to make it easier for the puppetmaster
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    That sentence describes Wrathion better than Sabellian...
    Guess I prefer the Devil I know. I'm not saying Wrathion is a beckon of righteousness... but he does make the hard calls... right or wrong he has the will to fight. So far we only have Sabellion's word that he's cleansed his flight in Outlands... I need proof. Telling us how he did it would go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    they could both be puppets already and we are only given the illusion of choice to make it easier for the puppetmaster
    Very real possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I really hope we do learn more about Sabellian and how he allegedly cleansed himself and the Outland Black Dragons, the fact that nobody has asked him that extremely relevant question is a rather glaring omission

as for the Nether Drakes, would be great to see them again but they probably don't feel much allegiance to Azeroth or need to leave Outland