Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OP is a brain damaged troll that cant read "100% more rep" as an account wide perks.

I really wish they'd just make all rep rewards work like the cosmetic ones.

(Where you can buy them from the vendor on any character if you've got the rep on one character)

Let me buy the Cobalt Assembly ring on all my characters - not just the one that did it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I mean, I agree but not for the same reason as you. I think it's the least "alt friendly" expansion in a long time, because I have no reason to level another character. Unlike Legion there aren't class campaigns, unlike BFA there isn't a different story depending on your faction and unlike SL there aren't different covenant campaigns. So yeah...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Alt friendlyness to me is when my different classes/Characters can do different things when leveling up and at max level

Legion with its Class Halls gave purpose to having an alt. Leveling each Artifact Weapons gave different specs a fresh way of progressing every time you made a new one, even a new spec. It was an extansion of the old talent tree. I had 16 max level characters in Legion. Never had that many before nor after.

Leveling up and do the exact same thing as in doing instanced content is not really alt friendly to me. Staying in Valdrakken after doing the exact same storyline isn't engaging.

I get it, for many is alt-friendlyness when you can ding 70 and just spam whatever instanced content they like, its great for those. But for those who doesn't do much of that, DF isn't really alt-friendly. You ding 70 and do what? Same WQs just hitting obliterate instead of Rampage?

In Legion specs felt different too, not gameplay as in different(as that is different as basic) but each had a theme they built further upon. A new weapon, 12 new places to do a different quest line. A mage tower with several different boss-fights. 12 different end-quest for each mount(not the Broken Chore weekly quest, man that was lackluster). Balance of Power quest giving different new cool transmogs for your weapon for each class and spec. Suramar. Make a bunch of gold.

An Identity. That is what Legion gave each of my characters. You don't get more engaging alt-adventure than that.

Even Shadowlands with its minimal effort borrowed power is a more alt-friendly way to do it. Different Covenant gave an incentive to make an alt to maybe experience new location, a new theme, new transmogs, theme based mounts, new abilities.

Again, content that meant something different to each alt. Thats Alt-friendlyness to me. Content that encourage you to make another character, a new class. Alt-friendly.
    To be fair, Legion is completely unique in that regard. But what you describe is not alts. It's more like multiple mains.

I think you read the rep increase wrong. You can get up to 3 times rep increase, depending on where you're at on your main. That being said, why do you need the rep, what content do you want to do that is limited by it?

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    I really wish they'd just make all rep rewards work like the cosmetic ones.

(Where you can buy them from the vendor on any character if you've got the rep on one character)

Let me buy the Cobalt Assembly ring on all my characters - not just the one that did it.
    But are those few items (it's what, 1-2 items per faction?) really that big of a problem for the alts? I have a main and an alt and I don't think that together on both chars bought more than 2 items from all factions in total. I was actually surprised how much stuff is shared between chars. When I made my alt I could immediatelly jump to world quests, had a dragon and all the dragon points unlocked. Dragonscale expedition upgrades unlocked. Valdrakken quest lines unlocked regardless of rep level.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I mean, I agree but not for the same reason as you. I think it's the least "alt friendly" expansion in a long time, because I have no reason to level another character. Unlike Legion there aren't class campaigns, unlike BFA there isn't a different story depending on your faction and unlike SL there aren't different covenant campaigns. So yeah...
    That's actually a very good point ^^
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The lack of mission table and daily emissary also means there is no need for alts to make gold.

This is the first expansion I don't care about alts. Playing with my main has been a positive experience for once, and there is always something to do in-game, unlike the torture Shadowlands was.

I leveled two alts anyways, but abandoned them after reaching ilevel 380.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am pretty indecisive and have switched mains 3 times already. This expansion is WAY WORSE in terms of switching main than any other expansion I can remember.

Every time:
    Dragonscale Expedition: Level 1
    Maruuk Centaur: Level 1
    Iskaara Tuskarr: Level 1
    Valdrakken Accord: Level 1
    Wrathion/Sabellian: Nothing
    Honor: 0
    Conquest: 0

You get 10% faster rep from level 1-10. That's it.

My experience is I have to do ALL quests again, just for reputation. Same quests for the 4th time I guess... Even after that, I am extremely far behind.

Was not this expansion supposed to be "alt friendly"?

Not my experience...

Having account wide Dragonriding glyphs and transmog unlocks is not "alt friendly".

In Shadowlands you had a covenant to level up if you switched main, but the catch up system boosted you along real quick.
    In BfA the same, catch up system for Azerite Power made you be like 1-2 weeks behind normal players if you switched main.

Honestly Dragonflight is the worst expansion to switch mains I can remember. The current catch up system fumbles and falls flat on it's face.

Or is "leveling fast in Cobalt Assembly" what being alt friendly means to you?
    Just for the off-chance this is not prime bait.

Why do you compare different things? You compare Rep of DF with power systems from older expacs.
    When you'd actually compare power systems you'd, find that DF has none and you are free to gear your char with endgame systems however you like, without any systems needing catchup.
    When you'd compare reps, you'd find DF is also more alt-friendly due to the Rep boosts your main applies to your alts after acquiring 10 and 20 renonwn respectively.

i like the way it is now:
    if you don't want to play an alt, not much is lost (aside from having more than 2 professions, which has been the case since classic).
    no mission tables, or other "do on 10 chars every day for money" grinds.

back to playing alts simply because you want to play another class other than your main from time to time.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... What does that reputation give you exactly?

Bullshit thread is bullshit.

For me it's alt unfriendly, because once you ding 70 there's fuck all worth doing outside of instanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    if you collect maxed out reps and/or what is locked up behind
    them (toys/gear/recipes/mog stuff/etc.) this expac is incredibly more time consuming to
    get what you need than most of those which preceded it.
    I must politely disagree. Having collected absolutely everything last expansion and done even the most obscure of achis for the 4 covenants, this is way way less time consuming. I'm one of those ppl who got Veilstrider achi without even knowing of its existance. The fact that we started without the ability to change covenants made alt play independent and even after the change, you had to go back and forth to switch. I camped for months for some specific things to pop.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-01-23 at 02:03 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    For me it's alt unfriendly, because once you ding 70 there's fuck all worth doing outside of instanced content.
    Someone explain what poet had in mind here, cause it makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am pretty indecisive and have switched mains 3 times already. This expansion is WAY WORSE in terms of switching main than any other expansion I can remember.

Every time:
    Dragonscale Expedition: Level 1
    Maruuk Centaur: Level 1
    Iskaara Tuskarr: Level 1
    Valdrakken Accord: Level 1
    Wrathion/Sabellian: Nothing
    Honor: 0
    Conquest: 0

You get 10% faster rep from level 1-10. That's it.

My experience is I have to do ALL quests again, just for reputation. Same quests for the 4th time I guess... Even after that, I am extremely far behind.

Was not this expansion supposed to be "alt friendly"?

Not my experience...

Having account wide Dragonriding glyphs and transmog unlocks is not "alt friendly".

In Shadowlands you had a covenant to level up if you switched main, but the catch up system boosted you along real quick.
    In BfA the same, catch up system for Azerite Power made you be like 1-2 weeks behind normal players if you switched main.

Honestly Dragonflight is the worst expansion to switch mains I can remember. The current catch up system fumbles and falls flat on it's face.

Or is "leveling fast in Cobalt Assembly" what being alt friendly means to you?
    The question is: why do you care about those reps? Everything there is useless at this point except for cosmetic purposes and for that maybe focus on one character to collect them?

>Having account wide Dragonriding glyphs and transmog unlocks is not "alt friendly"

lol
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Someone explain what poet had in mind here, cause it makes 0 sense.
    It's quite clear what I wrote. The only reason someone would say it makes 0 sense is because they disagree and feel the urge to be a dick about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the most alt friendly expansion since.. Ever. What??
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    It's quite clear what I wrote. The only reason someone would say it makes 0 sense is because they disagree and feel the urge to be a dick about it.
    Sigh, so I will have to live with mystery why removing mandatory grinds for character power makes this expansion alt unfriendly.

It really us. Leveling profession, getting the currency to craft the gear, the gear aquisition rates with group loot and the fact that m+ scales higher, makes alts a nightmare.
    Also, ofc what OP said about reps. It's a huge grind.