Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BurntToast View Post
    No. World Quests only being twice a week allows me to actually play my alts and such or not feel weird taking a day off (like this is some sort of job or something) from my main. World Quests upping their rewards to match and only being twice a week has been a GREAT THING.
    same, but it seems like they need to rebalance or increase world quest with Tuskarr Rep, only got 3 overall this week.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Given the frankly baffling shortage of WQs in this expansion, and the removal of Emissaries (-why?), I'd like to see the Mission Table returning as a way of generating renown/rep/gold/stuff, and even better, a way of queueing up things in your lunch hour or on the bus. And no, it wouldn't be compulsory content, so calm down World Firsters.
    I fucking love the fact that WQs last half a week and respawn at those intervals (exception being PvP WQs) because you don't have to log in every day for them. Same for emissaries - WQs should be rewarding on their own, and not need an emissary quest.

Fuck the mission table regardless though. I hope they never bring it back.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    rofl

World of Clickcraft was always a mistake. Why would you want it back? It provides almost no real content. It is literally the free handouts that the vast majority of players have been complaining about for over a decade now...

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I disagree. It was fine the way it was, but Blizzard once again caved to the complainers who lack all self control.Pretty said that Blizzard continues to cave to the vocal minority.
    "Fuck Blizzard for caving to [group of people of indeterminate size], they should cater to ME instead."

I personally hated how WQs were handled before DF, this change is exactly what I wanted. It's not about self control, it's about being able to feel done, which is a good feeling.

I understand it being a bit annoying for those who want to live in the game and always have something to do though. I guess alts is what you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how is not having it better?
    for people who want it it should be in game, just not any real rewards behind it, gold and mats only, maybe some very low gear
    Gold and mats were the real rewards.

Just because some people want something it does not mean that the game should have it, or that the game would not be worse because of it.

Besides the devs are moving to evergreen content and horizontal progress. The amount of time (and cost) to develop a mission table is better used somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    rofl

World of Clickcraft was always a mistake. Why would you want it back? It provides almost no real content. It is literally the free handouts that the vast majority of players have been complaining about for over a decade now...
    "Free handouts" haven't really been a commonplace complaint since what, Wrath? TBC? The problem with the mission table is that it's entirely unengaging content that just encourages you to log in, and not because it's fun.

OP is a blaspheming heretic.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll meet ya halfway and say blizz should put all the weekly and bi-weeky quests on a table for you to pick up and handin at valdrakken.

Being trained on using the table for so long, I miss it too, but only that feeling of being rewarded by interacting with it. Coupling that with actually playing the game and the RPG element of it would be an improvement I think. Autopickup/handin of the quests by merely being in the area to complete them is neat but a bit too smooth for my tastes.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2023-01-23 at 03:25 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the frankly baffling shortage of WQs in this expansion, and the removal of Emissaries (-why?), I'd like to see the Mission Table returning as a way of generating renown/rep/gold/stuff, and even better, a way of queueing up things in your lunch hour or on the bus.
    How about, no?

Renown is already easy.

That mission table ain't missed, at all.

And no, it wouldn't be compulsory content, so calm down World Firsters.
    If only that would work but it won't, because you would add renown, and this instantly, people would expect it to be so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the gold was nice but it also caused rampant inflation in WoD/Legion.

Personally I just can't believe so many people still do WQ lol. There's no need to do any of it and it's great

WoD/Legion/BFA style mission tables <3
    Legion/BFA style World Quests <3

Shadowlands Mission table and WQ = shit
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Tough crowd, but I stand firm. I enjoyed Mission Tables even if you lot turn your nose up at them. Queue them up before you leave the house in the morning, check on progress over lunch, what's not to like?
    What's not to like? Actually playing a fun game that I'm paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Personally I just can't believe so many people still do WQ lol. There's no need to do any of it and it's great
    Different people enjoy different things. I don't know why people play those shitty fucking steam games like Ark and Sons of the Forest and Raft etc.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    No. There's no point to it. Mission tables do not respect the players time.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'll meet ya halfway and say blizz should put all the weekly and bi-weeky quests on a table for you to pick up and handin at valdrakken.

Being trained on using the table for so long, I miss it too, but only that feeling of being rewarded by interacting with it. Coupling that with actually playing the game and the RPG element of it would be an improvement I think. Autopickup/handin of the quests by merely being in the area to complete them is neat but a bit too smooth for my tastes.
    This idea isn't half bad and could easily be expanded with another idea someone else posted.

Mission Table where there are 10 or so quests per zone, you can choose a maximum of 5 to complete per zone. The rewards are listed at the table, and upon completion you can choose to get the reward(gear/toy/whatever) for gold/bonus rep/random crafting materials. This allows you to make a choice based on your state of progression what reward fits best. These quests continue to have the double weekly reset time.

War mode quests are on their own table, similar setup as above, but it's 10 quests available across all the zones and a selectable limit of 5. With this, they also reset on the same double weekly reset. Overall you lose 2 completable pvp quests per week, but in return you get the reward choice as well as the choice of which pvp quest to complete. For example, I despise the Wild Arcana quest because lately players have been farming buffs to the point where they hit for 1 million plus, this is a quest I would choose not to do.

Based on what I'm seeing in this thread it seems like no one has a problem with Mission table or WQ only the need to "HAVE TO" do it.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Based on what I'm seeing in this thread it seems like no one has a problem with Mission table or WQ only the need to "HAVE TO" do it.
    You might need to check in with your optometrist of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Gold and mats were the real rewards.
    by real rewards i obviously mean nothing power-oriented or unique for the table...

Just because some people want something it does not mean that the game should have it, or that the game would not be worse because of it.
    agreed, but in this case? if you didnt want to engage with in SL you didnt have to, so for people who dont want it it makes no difference, and for people who want it it makes it worse for NOT having it...

The amount of time (and cost) to develop a mission table is
    ... negligible
    literaly take the system from SL and change some names, numbers and rewards and done...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2023-01-23 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    the gold was nice but it also caused rampant inflation in WoD/Legion.

There's no need, but a lot of people (like myself) are primarily collectors and want to get, well, everything. You need max renown for that.

Re inflation, SL tables were also highly inflationary, although nowhere near as bad as Legion. Only BFA tables didn't reward substantial raw gold.