Page 1 of 47
... LastLast

Bored after 2 months of DF

Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Might just need another break. I've also played since vanilla and I mainly ignored WoD and Shadowlands. That said, I've absolutely loved Dragonflight and want to play it more and more everyday. I've gotten only 6 level 70s all PVP gear and also with PvE gear. This is also without doing any serious M+ or even raiding much which I'd like to do.

I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.

It would probably take me 8 hours to reach 391 ILVL upon dinging on an alt, so I can see why you feel stuck in a rut after 2 months.
    Maybe the game just isn't for you anymore bro

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.

It would probably take me 8 hours to reach 391 ILVL upon dinging on an alt, so I can see why you feel stuck in a rut after 2 months.
    Maybe the game just isn't for you anymore bro
    That's where I have been for a long time. I love WoW and I love the feeling of a large persistent world that never really ends. However, I get to a point where i level up a toon, get a decent amount of gear outside of mythic+ and raiding and I kind of see the finish line and I either roll another toon or stop playing. I have like 8 max level toons now and I am sitting here feeling like I am wasting my time. I really do miss the times when i had a ton of friends to play with but everyone moved on. I could try and make new friends but I am not really that social and most of the people I run into in game, I don't really want to socialize with anyways. So unfortunately the time of MMO's and WoW specifically might be coming to an end for me. But hey it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>
    On the flip side, no borrowed power systems.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Me:

Step 1) Spam Random Battlegrounds ad nauseam
    Step 2) Get bored of my class
    Step 3) Level up new class
    Step 4) Repeat

World of Warcraft never gets boring to me

2-3 months is usually the time when you run out of obvious things to do in a wow patch. it's nothing new. cut down your hours or take a break till 10.1.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    That's where I have been for a long time. I love WoW and I love the feeling of a large persistent world that never really ends. However, I get to a point where i level up a toon, get a decent amount of gear outside of mythic+ and raiding and I kind of see the finish line and I either roll another toon or stop playing. I have like 8 max level toons now and I am sitting here feeling like I am wasting my time. I really do miss the times when i had a ton of friends to play with but everyone moved on. I could try and make new friends but I am not really that social and most of the people I run into in game, I don't really want to socialize with anyways. So unfortunately the time of MMO's and WoW specifically might be coming to an end for me. But hey it is what it is.
    This is how I feel right now as well.

You get to a certain ilvl pvp/pve what ever.. and it feels like you are just done. Exactly as you said you just see this finnish line. There is no interest to reach a certain top.. or complete silly achivement no one cares about or to feel complete.. its at that moment you will level an alt, just to not feel bored. I got 3, 70s now.. but stopping there.

New features could spark the interesst again, but honestly I feel I am hitting a wall here as well. Just bored for some reason..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-01-24 at 04:27 PM.

I said it, the posts will come at 2 months instead of 5 months this time, go figure, hit the nail on the head!

Honestly I've been with this game since 05' and the only way I stayed on board was to take frequent breaks. Even in Legion. Matter of fact since TBC I would play for about 6 months maybe less.. to see an expansions new features and toy around.

Then I would stop playing and go play a different game. Come back again in a few months after the expansion gets it's head out of it's rear end offers catchup systems to circumvent the previous content that was use to tide players over. Then I just breeze through to the end leg of the expansion and I never feel those pains that everyone else has issues with. Even WoD was great to me because I never let it get BAD to me. people complain because they hit a wall and run out of things to do and begin to resent the game.

I never let it get this far because I just go play something else. If I don't have any other single player game to mess with then I can always fall back on GW2 for a few months. There is enough content that I haven't played in that game to keep me entertained for a few hours a night here and there to last me years if I wanted.

Sounds like you, and a few other people here, have grown out of the game but can't quite see that.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

You have been playing for a long time, it honestly sounds like you are aging out of the game or your life experiences are impacting the way you feel about it. I've also been playing since Vanilla and am finding this to be one of my favorite and most engaging expansions, I am in a good place mentally outside of the game as well which I believe impacts the way I feel about it. I can tell you that in the past, when my house was out of order or there were other things bothering me in life, the game seemed a lot less fun and downright depressing. Just my two cents, hopefully you find joy in your wow adventures again.

10+ Year Old Account
    In one breath you say you are content with no actively participating deeper in content, and in that same breath you create a thread saying you are now bored this early into the expansion.

I mean, I get it. Don't force yourself to do content you don't enjoy. But I don't understand the "I have nothing to do, I'm bored" excuse when you already acknowledge you are refusing to engage in other content. That means you are not enjoying the game as it currently is.

Move on already.

If you're goal was to attract posters who feel the same way, that's all you'll do. But all of you will never actually do anything about it.

This is what the vocal portion of the playerbase wanted, nothing to do outside of just raids/M+ so that they could just raid/M+. They're not interested in a game beyond that and everything between them and raiding/keyrunning is just an annoyance. Apparently, these are the people that align most closely with what the WoW devs want to do so that's the path WoW has taken.

If you enjoy raids/M+ and hate everything else, then I'm sure DF is a fantastic expansion. If you like some MMORPG in your MMORPG, then WoW is not a very good game for you.

Atm, I'm just intending to check, if I can collect lfr grade tier set mogs on my alt in sufficiently 'not tedious' manner. I did that at end of SL in zereth mortis and got all of the tier set mogs.

But I don't really see myself playing for much longer. There is nothing I can do in DF anymore or more like, if someone wants to nitpick, stuff I care to do. I can't do professions since its pointless effort. Blizz already destroyed my old reason to stay subbed long term back in BFA, I think.

Simply put there is nothing for me to do. I'll probably come back in DF last patch or something once I do quit. Or perhaps I will come back once patches come since I don't know what I would do as far as gaming goes, if not wow. Grinded most of my options to death during SL.

I've found the entire trick to playing MMOs isn't to ever have a constant sub to just one. I have a whole bunch on rotation and just swap between them when one gets old, and play through all the new stuff in the next. Never-ending cycle of new content. Subbed to WoW for 2 months with the launch, got my KSM achievement, now I'm out for a different game. Expecting a single group of developers to keep you constantly entertained isn't going to be a winning battle.

Maybe you're burned out. I don't see anything in your post to make it clear that something is specifically marring your enjoyment. But tbh I also felt like not leveling alts. Only now I'm starting to slightly feel like it, not sure why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    If you enjoy raids/M+ and hate everything else, then I'm sure DF is a fantastic expansion. If you like some MMORPG in your MMORPG, then WoW is not a very good game for you.
    You mean "RPG", because "MMORPG" is majorly defined by grp content. I mean what genre would you associate with grp content if not MMORPG?

That being said, the actual RPG part was always weak. There are good RPGs there, single player ones, that are way way better. An MMO will always focus on what a single player cannot do, that is why the parts that other games can do are wraker.

Tbh I think most ppl miss having daily tasks. They'd rather have 10 quests every day that give 10 rep than 7 quests every week that give 100 rep each. I prefer it the current way, because it no longer feels like a hard deadline - "do now or miss forever". I think this is healthier.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2023-01-24 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah it got boring super quick for me. Still two months is well worth the expansion price. Just piss off till you get some new content in 10.1 if it looks worth your time. That is how i play wow. The launch is always great fun and then pop in when you get some new content. I am only logging in twice a week to do WQ's for renown and doing my weekly crafting quests. Few hours a week is plenty for me. Think i have 17 days left till i tap out.

You didn't specify what you play(ed), but if i was you (and i certainly been in your position) try a completely different role and class than what you're used to playing.

MOST people play DPS and strictly DPS and that's all they will ever play. Dip your foot into tanking. Try healing. Do it on a class you spent little time with (for me this is druid).

Become a World PvP ganker. Farm transmogs. Farm mounts. Farm Elemental storms. Take a new class back to legion and unlock all the artifact transmogs.

Start completely over, new server, new faction.

Get your significant other/kids to play - teaching them can be very fun and bring that sense of "adventure" back to WoW (Don't rush them to max level, play it like you would have 18 years ago, take them to dead mines and wailing caverns. Wipe to dumb stuff and laugh.)

Make a twink.

Make a exploration video - even if just for yourself. Just exploring cool places in WoW like Deepholm.

Join a social guild and make new friends - for me just start talking in chat about your interests, "Anyone ride Harleys?" "Everyone else hate the cowboys?"

This really sounds like a "you" problem. The game is massive, it's one of, if not THE biggest game ever created - over 100gigs.

No one can cure WoW laziness but you. If you don't want to pvp, raid or do M+ and refuse to do anything else, well that's really on you.

As others already said, it may just be time for a break or just completely part ways with the game.

Take a break, I have played since Vanilla, and have taken several breaks. I have not raided this expansion, but have the first tier of every expansion before this, I am just sick of the boss fights taking 3-4 mins longer than needed to kill them. I am currently raiding in WOTLK Classic and loving it, I lasted 2 weeks in Dragonflight and saw how M+ loot works and after killing 12 bosses and seeing 3 total pieces of loot for 5 people I decided that was in deed not for me so I have not touched it since.