Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    How much of this is because of Dragonflight specifically, and how much of it is simply that your no longer on the WoW train to the same extend you were?

You say the last expansion you really enjoyed was Legion, but that was also the last expansion you played long hours and raided.
    I think those two facts are more related then you might be willing to accept.

You enjoyed WoW while you were raiding, now that your no longer raiding (which can be for a wide variety of understandable reasons) you will no longer enjoy WoW to the same exist. And no expansion is going to change that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    That's where I have been for a long time. I love WoW and I love the feeling of a large persistent world that never really ends. However, I get to a point where i level up a toon, get a decent amount of gear outside of mythic+ and raiding and I kind of see the finish line and I either roll another toon or stop playing. I have like 8 max level toons now and I am sitting here feeling like I am wasting my time. I really do miss the times when i had a ton of friends to play with but everyone moved on. I could try and make new friends but I am not really that social and most of the people I run into in game, I don't really want to socialize with anyways. So unfortunately the time of MMO's and WoW specifically might be coming to an end for me. But hey it is what it is.
    I got problem that in game mates went back to play ulduar so dont have anyone to run m+ with that i know. Evebn worse with my health siotuation i cant do almost anything besides playing wow and cause of that dont have anyone to spend time outside of wow. So far i pumped 26 days played in dragonflight and kinda run out off stuff i want to do alone damn.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.
    This is the exact reason, the world is populated Wednesday and saturday, when the WQs reset, and void of people, the remaining 5 days; DF have a massive shortage of content.

We had bi-weekly resets in ShaLa too, but not until last patch so you could always find content in previous patches, but in the first patch? That leaves a huge gap.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sounds like you, and a few other people here, have grown out of the game but can't quite see that.
    Indeed was case with me i was free of wow was out rubnning and trainiong daily raves at weekends car shows car racing. Then my health got fucked in lockdown cant do anything i used to enjoy doing my whole life. Image going back to play wow as its last thing you can kinda do even tho not as good as i used to cause got sitting problems(laying down even worse)

I know i grown out of wow and as sad as it is its last thing i can kinda enjoy or try to to have fuunw doing.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Maybe its just not for you anymore and you should consider moving on?

Scary to think, it's been almost 20 years of playing WoW, and it's my fav PC game of all time. I love some expansions, hate others, but overall have enjoyed World of Warcraft a lot.

Shadowlands and WoD being the two expansions that actually had me unsub early and quit the game for 6 to 12 months. But Dragonflight was a breath of fresh air and so beautifully designed, the zones look so cool on an OLED monitor. But now two months in, it feels a bit shallow, like others have said if you don't Raid or M+, there really isn't a whole heck of a lot to do otherwise. Where in Legion, you could skip those two big attractions and still have stuff to do.

And here's another weird observation of mine, I still don't feel connected to the Dragon Isles yet if that makes sense? Usually in a new expansion it's so new, and unfamiliar at first, it takes time for the new continent and new zones and new major city to sink it to your head and get comfortable and used to it all. Typically for me that just took a few weeks and I knew it like the back of my hand. But for some reason with DF it still feels so new, and I'm still haven't memorized the new zones or even all the names for everything yet, and even the new city I don't know my way around it 100% perfectly, like I would say Dalaran.

For now I'm happy though being a casual player, just do World Bosses, and some WQs, maybe some LFR, and for sure some low key M+ and that'll be about it.

I think the reality of the situation is that a lot of people are just outgrowing WoW or WoW outgrowing (changing) them.

That and people not knowing exactly what it is they want to do or why they want to do it.

Figure out what you enjoy in-game, figure out why you enjoy it, see if anything checks those boxes.

Off the top of my head:
    Dragonflight| Raids (4 difficulties), Dungeons (4 difficulties, mythic+), WQ, Dragonracing, collecting transmogs/dragon customization, completing all the quests (some quests are once per week per part of chain), RBGs, Solo Shuffle, Arenas, unrated PvP content, Join the SecretFinding Discord and help solve mysteries, throw yourself into the profession system, level alts (game's never been more alt friendly) and you can even explore/level in a different expansion perhaps working to unlock the rest of the allied races (if you haven't already), farm gold, etc. RP/Socialize in appropriate channels and/or servers. Farm reputation, Take your decently geared self and queue normal/heroic dungeons and help other players. Farm the different rings for otter mounts (farm Otto), (again) explore content looking for secrets XD
    Beyond that| Running old raids/dungeons for transmog/mounts and to complete sets (you can even LFR queue for old raids). Farm Island Expeditions (can solo queue mythic now), Complete loremaster/questing achievements, explore the world (secretfinding discord again lol), collect pets and/or pet battle, go fk around with archeology, work on legion class hall stuff, go back and do Garrison or BFA mission tables, max out Shadowlands content, etc.

Additionally, a lot of content/activities change dramatically with or without friends/guildies/family or even with the number of people with you.

Right now it mostly just sounds like you miss the borrowed power systems/grinds, that feeling of HAVING to do something as opposed to wanting to do it. For example you mentioned artifact appearances, Legion had no weapons outside of those so in a way you have more options for farming weapon appearances, have you already collected all of them?

Think that covers a lot of it but truthfully what you can do is pretty limitless. Again, figure out what you enjoy and why. Find what fits or find something different to do, realize that it's okay to grow beyond a video game.

Yeah they really haven't been able to hit that Legion sweet spot for casuals. Being able to get a top end ilevel legendary from ANY activity, filling out an artifact tree, class-specific halls and quests that made each alt have a little bit of a different experience. Idk, last 3 expansions have been a miss for me too.

I feel people tend to forget they're playing an MMORPG, to get the *most* out of World of Warcraft you HAVE to participate in M+ and Raiding.

At the same time, however, I feel, in this day and age, WoW has got to have some kind of grindable system at max level. As it stands right now, in Dragonflight, you've got M+, raiding and PvP. Solo content is going to be your World Quests and professions. Again, in *this day and age* there's just not enough or a lot to do. DF is almost identical to Wrath, Wrath had heroic dungeons, raiding and pvp. Professions and questing/leveling alts was your solo content.

I feel like WoW has run It's course, what used to be able to hold people so easily now no longer can. In WoW's defense however, classes and how they play/leveling design all attribute to whether or not people stay and play - It was worlds better in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    This is what the vocal portion of the playerbase wanted, nothing to do outside of just raids/M+ so that they could just raid/M+. They're not interested in a game beyond that and everything between them and raiding/keyrunning is just an annoyance. Apparently, these are the people that align most closely with what the WoW devs want to do so that's the path WoW has taken.

If you enjoy raids/M+ and hate everything else, then I'm sure DF is a fantastic expansion. If you like some MMORPG in your MMORPG, then WoW is not a very good game for you.
    yea im not a fan of pigeon holing people into particular forms of content. they literally have almost 20 years of content and instead of doing something with it they just keep removing stuff

i got bored of DF after 1 month. all the open world stuff was cool at launch but just became irrelevant when the season started. i'll prob play again if they add something new to do besides m+/pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even get a full month in. Game lacks end game content (its cheap) and is too fucking busy (too many fucking buttons and mechanics). They really bent to all the complaints from the hardcore crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah they really haven't been able to hit that Legion sweet spot for casuals. Being able to get a top end ilevel legendary from ANY activity, filling out an artifact tree, class-specific halls and quests that made each alt have a little bit of a different experience. Idk, last 3 expansions have been a miss for me too.
    Legion was the last expansion that felt actually full and not the product of budget cuts.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I've run into the same problem that Wrath had: you get the gear and then there's nothing to do beyond doing it again. There's no character power progression beyond farming the same dungeon over and over in m+ for that 1-2% chance to get the item you need that will be 3 ilvls higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Didn't even get a full month in. Game lacks end game content (its cheap) and is too fucking busy (too many fucking buttons and mechanics). They really bent to all the complaints from the hardcore crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was the last expansion that felt actually full and not the product of budget cuts.
    they blew their load with legion, its been downhill since

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Just curious, what spec did you play? Every spec is 4-7 buttons with a bunch of utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Just curious, what spec did you play? Every spec is 4-7 buttons with a bunch of utility.
    What should have been the easiest spec arms warrior is now just bloated with shit and shit that changes depending on whether you want to be aoe king or single target king. Don't take my word for it

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-bloat/1496329
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-bloat/1492374

Not to mention the mobs constantly throwing shit at you. Its not fun.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2023-01-24 at 11:02 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I don't know man, maybe you just do this every expansion around this point and forget or something

Dragonflight is absolutely better than Shittylands. Fact.

Glad they ditched the borrowed systems like Azerite gear and Renown gear and Essence bull crap, etc...

And no Mission Table useless garbage, thank the maker.

And they sort of stepped back from the insane amount of multiple currencies which we're getting out of hand. But it seems slowly creeping back in again starting with 10.5.

And like I said, I think DF is beautiful and the art team did a great job. The blue skies and green prairies look amazing.

Just wish Blizzard would finally add something to end game beyond Raid or die, or M+. Another way to upgrade your character and gear besides Mythic plus dungeons and Raid runs.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-01-25 at 01:14 AM.

The sad fact is that modern WoW without some sort of borrowed power is just boring.

Yeah, I stopped playing after the first 2 weeks, the WQ just isn't appealing. Now I'm just waiting for Hogwart's Legacy to come out so I can play it.