Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda in a similar position, was bored 4 weeks in after release and stopped my sub. It's all personal preferences and experience so it is what it is. My issue simply is that outside of M+ / raiding i didn't find any motivation or meaningful carrot on a stick to chase.

I couldn't find a guild with whom i could raid or m+ due to personal work schedule (as i come home from work around midnight) and Pugging overall has been a very awful and negative experience so my wow routine would be along the lines of Logging in, doing WQ if they are available, Farm black dragon rep, fly around and gather a few herbs, post them on AH log out. I'm one of the few players who liked AP grinds because in such downtimes when i could not play with other people i could grind power and that would satisfy my desire for power gains even if it was little.

The zones are beautiful, dragon riding is very fun and interractive but story and dracthyr/evoker is something that didn't resonate with me, while miles better than Shadowlands it feels very "disney +" in terms of writing and dialogue. Around the start of the 4th week i started farming old raids for transmog and i decided to stop all together because that's a thing i usually do at the end of an expansion during the content drought. I'll maybe check out wow again but that will be after a major patch or even maybe end of the expansion when there's more content, things are more polished and aspects like catch up & profession talent resets are in.

Dragonflight is a fun and straight forward experience for the people who can play with others, if you're a solo player or a casual like myself i wouldn't really recommend it but that's all my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Maybe you're burned out. I don't see anything in your post to make it clear that something is specifically marring your enjoyment. But tbh I also felt like not leveling alts. Only now I'm starting to slightly feel like it, not sure why.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean "RPG", because "MMORPG" is majorly defined by grp content. I mean what genre would you associate with grp content if not MMORPG?

That being said, the actual RPG part was always weak. There are good RPGs there, single player ones, that are way way better. An MMO will always focus on what a single player cannot do, that is why the parts that other games can do are wraker.

Tbh I think most ppl miss having daily tasks. They'd rather have 10 quests every day that give 10 rep than 7 quests every week that give 100 rep each. I prefer it the current way, because it no longer feels like a hard deadline - "do now or miss forever". I think this is healthier.
    It`s a common misconception..MM does not means you have to cooperate with others, it means you and others existing in the same world. What kind of interaction you start with them is up to you (or supposed to be)

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    It`s a common misconception..MM does not means you have to cooperate with others, it means you and others existing in the same world. What kind of interaction you start with them is up to you (or supposed to be)
    This.
    My primary interaction is killing them and getting killed return.

Which is fun most of the time, better than trying to get twenty odd people to perfectly execute some arbitrary digital dance moves.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I've ran dozens of pug dungeon runs, and why is everybody so quiet in those? I'll always type hello to start, I rarely got a reply.

And then I'll type a message or something about the next boss or stuff like that. And still maybe one person might reply. Typically no one replies the entire dungeon run.

What's up with that? Comes off very rude and cold as if I'm not even playing with real people but bots.

I'm in a great guild but they're more of a Raiding guild. They do M+ dungeon runs but it's infrequent and not always at the same time when I'm on so I have to resort to PUG's. And it's kind of a turn off. It's not even fun. Feels more like a chore.

3+ Year Old Account
    I only play M+ and raiding, anything else. I am not interested in renown grind, primalists, DF lore, world quests, professions, etc AT ALL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I think too many players want wow to force them to play. Add something that forces them to stay logged in and grind.
    Uh no thanks. Hard pass on that one.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    @crusadernero dude you are very wrong: nobody ask for free loot, solo players want ULTRA HARD solo content like Mage Tower, Horrific Visions or Brawlers Guild.

Solo play thats reward not only cosmetics but 420+ items, for hard effort and preparation, learning, etc.
    Just remember though, the activities that reward high level gear require a lot of prep, a lot of GEAR, and a lot of farming. So you can have your "ultra hard" (lol) solo content, but you'll be farming other content for hours a day to get your ilvl high enough to be competitive in this solo venture.

So while a mythic raider might be doing a few hours of high lvl m+ each day, farming resources for a couple of hours, and maxing out all player power avenues, the solo player will obviously be doing the same.

I love the idea of expanding on the mage tower, but that was scaled, at least to some extent, this solo venture would not be, or it just drops cosmetics. So yeah, drop 420 items, totally cool - just be aware it should and would require the same time and effort as getting 420s from group content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    I don't see why it's a big deal for open-world content to allow good gearing.
    A few reasons come to mind:

First, it adds another "thing" that min/max players would add to their plate of things they must do. Easiest example was the DF "Super Rares" that could reward higher than normal ilv drops if you farmed them at the end of the week.

Second, pacing. Because open-world content can be done at any time and likely more repeatable than other sources, the sensible disadvantage is that the increases will be slower.

Third, what is the necessity of "good gearing" for players who aren't doing challenging content? Why does a player who doesn't engage in Mythic Raiding for M+ 20 keystones want/need ilv 410+ gearing at this point of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    You can get the 2nd best gear in the game in FF14 via tomes by doing virtually anything (and there's not a huge gap between savage and tome). In Gw2, you can get the best gear from open world content as well. There needs to be more to a mmo than raiding/arena/mplus.
    So then let's use FF14 since you raised it: Why even bother having savage vs tome gear then? Why doesnt FF14 give out savage gear from "virtually anything".

Also it seems that for WoW, their core focus for end-game is raiding, arenas and M+. If you don't find that enjoyable, there are other MMOs that cater to other aspects. I'd rather have WoW do a better job on their core focus areas than try to be mediocre at everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently casual players who do solo and open world content hit invisible wall and stop progress. 395 ilvl is pathetic, we need solo challenges like Horrific Visions and 420+ gear.
    I thinking about unsubing because current game state is very boring and almost same like always; do raid or M+ or unsub : zero respect for casuals.
    Also when I see catalyst is like 1 pcs per week its like Blizzard spiting in face. casuals are left FAR behind and not respected AT ALL.
    Horrific Visions didn't show up in BFA until 8.3 (one of the last content patches for BFA). Maybe DF would be better suited to you once we get to Patch 10.3 instead?

As for zero respect for casuals, are you kidding? There's never been less grind a casual would need/want to do. There are ZERO borrowed power systems to grind for. The cost is if you want gear then go do content (of which there are many) to get gear. Community Feast, Grand Hunt, Siege of Dragonsbane, Elemental Invasions, and Storm's Fury provide very accessible way to get gear. Yes the progress is slower and will take more time than the alternatives but that's an acceptable trade off.

And lastly, what exactly do you NEED 420+ gear for? Especially as a casual who doesn't raid, doesn't PvP, doesn't do M+?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I've ran dozens of pug dungeon runs, and why is everybody so quiet in those? I'll always type hello to start, I rarely got a reply.

And then I'll type a message or something about the next boss or stuff like that. And still maybe one person might reply. Typically no one replies the entire dungeon run.

What's up with that? Comes off very rude and cold as if I'm not even playing with real people but bots.

I'm in a great guild but they're more of a Raiding guild. They do M+ dungeon runs but it's infrequent and not always at the same time when I'm on so I have to resort to PUG's. And it's kind of a turn off. It's not even fun. Feels more like a chore.
    I highly recommend you find one of the many M+ communities that are out there. And the more of them you join, the higher likelihood that you'll continue to find players who are online at the same time you are.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I think would be an interesting experiment if Blizz tried a no gear drops in Raids and Dungeons.

And there'd be a whole other way of gearing up.

Then the question would be, to people like to actually run Mythic difficulty Raids just for the complexity of it, and challenge? Or do they tough it out and hate it, but only do it for the gear?

Because who cares if you i420 geared? Just wait till the next patch when i420 will drop everywhere.

Is it the e-penis thing, for bragging rights to be highest geared? Who cares.

Also I laugh at people who get butthurt if you could gear up to i400+ just with World Quests LOL. Like why care how others got geared up? It should only matter what you want and do in the game, not what others do and get.

Unfortunately WoW has always been elitist attitude for a lot of players, and has become World-of-carrot-on-a-stick-Craft. Always need the new shiny piece of upgrades.

Is a MMORPG supposed to be about your gear? Thought it was about the journey not the destination. The story. The friendships. Exploring the open world's. Not just about being addicted to some meaningless number on your sword in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Just take a break It is normal to happen. I took a 7-8 months break in 2022. It is a healthy habit

How often did you get a response in a pick up CoD game? LoL game outside of champ select? Or any online game for that matter? I barely talked to those of whom i pugged my way to KSM with because why? what does it serve? People might want some grand chat program with graphics but i want a game with perhaps a chat box if that makes sense.

Its already starting to feel like a chore to log in...

Is a MMORPG supposed to be about your gear? Thought it was about the journey not the destination. The story. The friendships. Exploring the open world's. Not just about being addicted to some meaningless number on your sword in a video game.
    WoW was always low on the stack as as social MMO, quite low. Personally I've never played for any of that, even in vanilla. I played because I liked raiding (now m+) and PvP and the gameplay loop associated with them. Good challenge ARPG gameplay with friends, improvement and micro goals, etc.

My advice: If you can't find a reason you want to play, the worst thing you can do is sit around waiting for it to be added. That's one of the things that makes people hate WoW so much at times.

I'm very fine with shared space Diablo being the new flavor, I just want more and more of the loot and system drag to erode away, I always wind up quitting because I want to play 2-3 characters and can barely maintain one to my tastes.

I'm also kinda realistic that if my ideal sandbox MMO came out; like a full revival of OG Ultima Online: it'd be socially engineered into a unplayable disaster on launch day.
    Last edited by Merin; 2023-01-27 at 02:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @crusadernero dude you are very wrong: nobody ask for free loot, solo players want ULTRA HARD solo content like Mage Tower, Horrific Visions or Brawlers Guild.

Solo play thats reward not only cosmetics but 420+ items, for hard effort and preparation, learning, etc.
    1- mage tower was .2 and horrific visions .3, rarely do those things come in at launch.
    2- brawlers guild will come back, it is still technically there, just no new content in awhile.
    also most solo players do not want ultra hard content.
    also no matter how hard something is if it drops mythic raid level and can be done solo you have just killed raiding, pvp, and M+ cause those systems are obscenely easy to break when it comes to solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Honestly, even if WoW never again added the content I enjoy I'd probably still play if anyone in any of my guilds had ever just chatted over the last few years. And not about M+ or a raid, but just about life and things. Friendly banter.

The lack of any social activity is what kills WoW for me more than anything. All anyone left playing cares about is M+ and raids.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    I mean yeah, there's not much PVE content to do in the game when you actively refuse to raiding and M+.

It would probably take me 8 hours to reach 391 ILVL upon dinging on an alt, so I can see why you feel stuck in a rut after 2 months.
    Maybe the game just isn't for you anymore bro
    I don't know that it would take me 8 hours, but it didn't take me long to get an alt to 390. Plus OP said he can do +10s, and lets be honest if you can do 10s you can go higher. If you're refusing to do the end game stuff then yeah there's not much to do. That's going to be the same in any MMO though tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

If bored, stop playing. Why I haven’t even started DF

Yeah, I quickly had enough of it as well. I don't enjoy m+ this time around and I don't really click with the setting. It's not bad, just not what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Uh no thanks. Hard pass on that one.
    Maybe not you, but alot of players probably were hooked on the neverending AP grind in previous xpacs. One thing it does it captures you into this neverending loop of grind->reward all the time. "Log in today or else you will miss out! Log in today or else you will fall behind!". It makes it so players have to log in, not really wanting to.

I think alot of people experience DF as being "at a loss". They dont know what to do, cause they have the freedom to do what they want. No longer does the game scream out "Do these quests for Artifact power and become powerful". Now its more "hey heres a new world. Go out and have fun at your own choosing."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Its already starting to feel like a chore to log in...
    How is it a chore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    How often did you get a response in a pick up CoD game? LoL game outside of champ select? Or any online game for that matter? I barely talked to those of whom i pugged my way to KSM with because why? what does it serve? People might want some grand chat program with graphics but i want a game with perhaps a chat box if that makes sense.
    I think its because wow still is a MMORPG(yes it is) and way back when it launched, the social aspect was a big thing. Back in 2004 it was a huge deal that you could log into a game and with such ease talk(write) to so many others at once. Its not anymore, there are other avenues for that now.

I think in general its also other expectations for mmorpgs than Cod or LoL.

But, after doing alot of m+ since DF launched, I generally tend to agree with you. The chatter dont really matter. People have theyre chat content other places(discord++), not ingame. Thats why you can join a big guild and the chat is dead 95% of the time. People write/talk in discord instead.

When doing m+, the most important part for any player is that the group can clear it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Imo its just ur imagination and nostalgia working here :P You just tired/bored of playin WoW. Thats normal after years.