Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Crafting orders public

Did they just lowered the cap of public orders without any note ? Now i have 4 available on my JC and 1 on my Inscription >< Last night both were on 20.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Did they just lowered the cap of public orders without any note ? Now i have 4 available on my JC and 1 on my Inscription >< Last night both were on 20.
    Lowered? yes
    Without notice? No. they mentioned it was coming weeks ago.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually havent seen this in p note prob missed smth. Anyway thats a bit not good idea tbh.

Actually havent seen this in p note. Anyway thats a bit not good idea tbh.
    You refusing to pay attention has no bearing on anything.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You refusing to pay attention has no bearing on anything.
    tnx for advice lol i just noticed i missed smth...

Actually havent seen this in p note prob missed smth. Anyway thats a bit not good idea tbh.
    There were never any public crafting orders because they get sniped to fast. This change is to allow more people to have a chance at seeing them. The same amount of orders now take 5x as many people to fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm depends on profession tbh. In JC yes. In insription actually orderds are stackin crazy numbers.

Umm depends on profession tbh. In JC yes. In insription actually orderds are stackin crazy numbers.
    Just checked leatherworking on Draenor EU (so one of the larger EU servers) and there is a grand total of 1 public crafting order. Since launch I've made maybe 4 public crafting orders because they are so uncommon they get instantly sniped. At launch the only public crafting orders were for shit no one had the recipes for yet.

Now allow recrafting on public orders and allow for a min of +3 ilvl increase if nothing else is getting changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    Just checked leatherworking on Draenor EU (so one of the larger EU servers) and there is a grand total of 1 public crafting order. Since launch I've made maybe 4 public crafting orders because they are so uncommon they get instantly sniped. At launch the only public crafting orders were for shit no one had the recipes for yet.
    On JC still no public orders around available to just pick up >< But on Inscription still stackin up as hell. I know the idea but this need some change. Maybe on recipes with lower skill req highest order cap or none?

I've managed to do a total of 3 public orders on my tailor. I don't really even bother any more and just fulfill the quests with personal orders.

It's a good change, now people who don't sit 24/7 at their profession table have a chance at completing orders.

Also commissions are going up too as a result of this change. It's a very good change.

Since public orders for most professions are very limited, the intent seems to be to place a low limit so more people have a chance at them.

I do agree it is problematic for Inscription; treatises have a very steady demand on public orders since they don't have ranks and my scribe would often knock out dozens of those a day. It's possible some orders will struggle being filled or at least will be filled much slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Since public orders for most professions are very limited, the intent seems to be to place a low limit so more people have a chance at them.

I do agree it is problematic for Inscription; treatises have a very steady demand on public orders since they don't have ranks and my scribe would often knock out dozens of those a day. It's possible some orders will struggle being filled or at least will be filled much slower.
    Orders not being filled leads to higher commissions being offered so your does get picked, which leads to more interest in being able to take the offers which leads to more supply.

Seems like a more or less self correcting problem. Especially since treatise have a very low skill ceiling due to having no rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It's a good change, now people who don't sit 24/7 at their profession table have a chance at completing orders.

Also commissions are going up too as a result of this change. It's a very good change.
    i don't have the elemental lariat recipe yet, but people putting 100g for something that rare is just bad.

in general, crafting orders are.. kinda addicting IF you get a hold of one. my main is JC/engineering and boy, engineering doesn't even have a steady flow for profession equipment. it's fun when you are finally able to fulfill an order and make it good! other than that.. maybe crossrealm could help it?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Both of my characters (LW and ench/tailor) still haven't done their introductory work orders quest, because there are simply no work orders for those professions. And I can't see why would anyone bother making those orders ^^

Even before the launch I couldn't see how this feature would be usable. Guess I was right
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The change from 20 to 4 was in the patchnotes.

But it's buggy as hell. Yesterday it showed on my leathercrafter that I had 3 remaining, I fullfilled exactly one, and it went to zero. On my blacksmith it went from 3 to 1 after fullfilling one.

I also don't see a change in commission rates. Even with the change you have to sit 10 minutes and more and hope that someone puts a single public work order in - so the supply is still vastly outnumbering the demand. Considering that I (and I assume most) just do it for the skill ups and not for the gold they still get instantly fullfilled. Some people are putting a commission of 10k, other of 10 silver. But that has ben the case since the start.
    That might change with people getting max skill, but on the other hand at that point people are having less demand for new gear (practically for alts only) while also alts are leveling their professions - so it might just stay like it is.

The only profession where commissions clearly went up are the inscription for the treatises, since they don't guarantee skill ups and they are in more demand than supply, so scribes can choose not to do the cheap orders. I expect them to rise even more over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wasn't aware something like treatises exists, I have just looked it up now. So I guess the only difference between it, and other consumables, is that it's BoP, so it cannot be traded via AH, but only through the work orders? And the reason for that is probably mettle, which should be provided by the user, not the crafter? A simple change, to consume mettle on use would make it AH-tradeable and probably kill the work order market
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Both of my characters (LW and ench/tailor) still haven't done their introductory work orders quest, because there are simply no work orders for those professions. And I can't see why would anyone bother making those orders ^^

Even before the launch I couldn't see how this feature would be usable. Guess I was right
    you can put personal 1st char via 2nd char for this quest as well :P or guildes/friend for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    i don't have the elemental lariat recipe yet, but people putting 100g for something that rare is just bad.

in general, crafting orders are.. kinda addicting IF you get a hold of one. my main is JC/engineering and boy, engineering doesn't even have a steady flow for profession equipment. it's fun when you are finally able to fulfill an order and make it good! other than that.. maybe crossrealm could help it?
    Oh yes. Thats the huge problem. Some ppl payin shitloads of money for personal crafts. In same time you can just put public for silly amount of gold. OK i know public doesnt have quality but if you want to make item with infiusion you just cant recive low quality item. Example here. I putted lariat on public for 1k with infiusion. I recived 402 ilvl (cap 405). Same order on personal on my server cost is 15k with no guarantee to cap 405ilvl on 1st craft...

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    maybe crossrealm could help it?
    Why would it? More crafts and more crafters. Same result except the good crafts get sniped even faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Example here. I putted lariat on public for 1k with infiusion. I recived 402 ilvl (cap 405). Same order on personal on my server cost is 15k with no guarantee to cap 405ilvl on 1st craft...
    The Lariat is kind of safe bet though, nobody who isn't tryharding JC hardcore is going to have that craft.