Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I've ran dozens of pug dungeon runs, and why is everybody so quiet in those? I'll always type hello to start, I rarely got a reply.

And then I'll type a message or something about the next boss or stuff like that. And still maybe one person might reply. Typically no one replies the entire dungeon run.

What's up with that? Comes off very rude and cold as if I'm not even playing with real people but bots.

I'm in a great guild but they're more of a Raiding guild. They do M+ dungeon runs but it's infrequent and not always at the same time when I'm on so I have to resort to PUG's. And it's kind of a turn off. It's not even fun. Feels more like a chore.
    People don't want to socialize with strangers, it's not 2008 anymore
    if i encounter people like you in pugs i usually try to kick them/not give them loot because it's 2023 there is no place for social retards

- - - Updated - - -

I think would be an interesting experiment if Blizz tried a no gear drops in Raids and Dungeons.

And there'd be a whole other way of gearing up.

Then the question would be, to people like to actually run Mythic difficulty Raids just for the complexity of it, and challenge? Or do they tough it out and hate it, but only do it for the gear?

Because who cares if you i420 geared? Just wait till the next patch when i420 will drop everywhere.

Is it the e-penis thing, for bragging rights to be highest geared? Who cares.

Also I laugh at people who get butthurt if you could gear up to i400+ just with World Quests LOL. Like why care how others got geared up? It should only matter what you want and do in the game, not what others do and get.

Unfortunately WoW has always been elitist attitude for a lot of players, and has become World-of-carrot-on-a-stick-Craft. Always need the new shiny piece of upgrades.

Is a MMORPG supposed to be about your gear? Thought it was about the journey not the destination. The story. The friendships. Exploring the open world's. Not just about being addicted to some meaningless number on your sword in a video game.
    looks like you hate anyone who raids mythic or something, why can't you just let people enjoy their mythic raiding xD
    you like the game for journey and friendships, others like it for the challenge in raiding
    those 2 can co-exist and it's fine.

you said it only matter what you want and do in the game and not others then you go ahead bashing mythic raiders xd ?? are you alright

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    People don't want to socialize with strangers, it's not 2008 anymore
    if i encounter people like you in pugs i usually try to kick them/not give them loot because it's 2023 there is no place for social retards

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that's a piss poor attitude to have. People that won't socialize are the freaks and weirdos.

How hard is it for people to reply back with a hello as well? Most do though. And I'm not trying to have a long conversation or anything, just be curious and not a douche.

I laugh at people that are i420 geared from Mythic raiding, don't think it's cool or an achievement, but shows people like to waste time whacking away at silly video game monsters on a 20 year old Disney inspired video game. Get a life, no one cares.

I think I'm done with this game, especially with people like you who still play it, which it never used to be like this.

So if you go to like the YMCA for a pickup game of basketball with strangers, and they "Hello" or "Hey sup?" You'll just ignore them and not even say a quick hi ? Ugh society is doomed with people like that.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-01-27 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Maybe not you, but alot of players probably were hooked on the neverending AP grind in previous xpacs. One thing it does it captures you into this neverending loop of grind->reward all the time. "Log in today or else you will miss out! Log in today or else you will fall behind!". It makes it so players have to log in, not really wanting to.
    I don't fully disagree, but there's a problem when the content on offered isn't very fun. So if it's not particularly engaging *and* there's no extrinsic reward it feels quite dull.

(Incidentally I never bothered with the infinite grind, my fault activity was log in, do the emmisary quests, log out. I've never been one to grind AP infinitely.)

Sometimes I get bored playing a game so I take a break and do something else. Life is like that.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Blademaster
    1+ Year Old Account
    So if you go to like the YMCA for a pickup game of basketball with strangers, and they "Hello" or "Hey sup?" You'll just ignore them and not even say a quick hi ? Ugh society is doomed with people like that.
    Try having 5 mans hc's as mid & end game an whole xpac, do 25 dungeons a day, you're fucking "hello" with the attitude "you must reply" is annoying above all else, take you're green gear & the blue/epic you ninjaed down with you to hell.
    Last edited by lieutvurt; 2023-01-28 at 02:08 PM.

I don't pug anything, but I would not want to play with somebody who gets upset because somebody else says hello.

Been playing WoW since launch all these years, and it's a fav game of mine obviously. But I've had my off times and addicted times to the game, but all these years I typically still play nightly if just for 30 to 45 minutes.

Use to Raid and play [H]ardcore from MoP through Legion, playing hours a night, but those times are gone.

Anyways, Dragonflight, was so excited to get a new expansion after Shadowlands, which I found depressing and lame, and so far DF is an upgrade and feels fun and looks great. But...2 months later after Dragonflights release, I'm getting bored already. My main is iLvl 391, and I have another at i360+, and several alts in the level 60+ level range. But right now, I just feel stuck in a rut in the game, not interested in getting my main any higher gear at this point, I'm happy enough doing M+10, but not higher, and I stopped Raiding long ago.

My alts, I was progressing getting most of them to level 65 or so, but now it feels like a grind to push them to all to 70.

I know there's the patch today, which will help give something new to do, which is great for WoW, they need mini patches like this often. Because without today's patch I prob would unsub for a bit.

I would say the last expansion I was truly addicted to and LOVED was Legion, that one had so much to do outside of just Raids, the Class Halls, the artifact weapon appearances, the Class mounts, I felt like I always had something to do in Legion.

Thing is, I do like Dragonflight, it's beautiful to look at, and I am enjoying it, but I feel like I hit a wall of boredom quicker than usual in a new expansion.
    Hi, I didn't ask. If you can't muster the grind to 70 (which is literally "just do timewalking for 3 hours, dungeons for 4 hours, or quest for 5 hours") that's on you, you may wanna get diagnosed for depression.

If you are bored, may I suggest not spending your valuable money and time on it. There are plenty of others things to do in this world, and if they aren't for you, then there are plenty of other worlds you can use your PC to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

I think alot of people experience DF as being "at a loss". They dont know what to do, cause they have the freedom to do what they want. No longer does the game scream out "Do these quests for Artifact power and become powerful". Now its more "hey heres a new world. Go out and have fun at your own choosing."
    Yeah, there is a world without meaning. Sure, there is no blatant skinner box manipulation but there is just boring world. For me at least. But thats because i dont give a fuck if those dragon isles would sink next day. I dont. I dont care about any character in there. If they live or die. This is just really, really stupid. Why i would be offended by a earth puppy dragon where there is literall chunky earth lady boss who is our friend? Its like fighting Nozdormu when we have Aman'Thul on our side. Snap the fingers dude and lets go eat, its puberty and drama.

Quote Originally Posted by inferis-culex View Post
    Try having 5 mans hc's as mid & end game an whole xpac, do 25 dungeons a day, you're fucking "hello" with the attitude "you must reply" is annoying above all else, take you're green gear & the blue/epic you ninjaed down with you to hell.
    Wow, who pissed in your cheerios? Your one angry dude over a silly video game forum comment. LOL pathetic. And nobody runs 25 dungeons in a day, if they do, they need serious help.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-01-28 at 03:02 PM.

Wow that's a piss poor attitude to have. People that won't socialize are the freaks and weirdos.

How hard is it for people to reply back with a hello as well? Most do though. And I'm not trying to have a long conversation or anything, just be curious and not a douche.

I laugh at people that are i420 geared from Mythic raiding, don't think it's cool or an achievement, but shows people like to waste time whacking away at silly video game monsters on a 20 year old Disney inspired video game. Get a life, no one cares.

I think I'm done with this game, especially with people like you who still play it, which it never used to be like this.

My friend, you're on a gaming website, in a WoW subforum, trying to insult people who enjoy playing it. Please try to find your crusade somewhere else, it's more time wasting than ppl playing a silly video game, as you put it. It's not constructive, just extremely sad you feel the need to do such an awkward out of the way thing to make yourself feel like you're better than others.

How it goes a lot with the xpacs. I need some art.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Honestly, even if WoW never again added the content I enjoy I'd probably still play if anyone in any of my guilds had ever just chatted over the last few years. And not about M+ or a raid, but just about life and things. Friendly banter.

The lack of any social activity is what kills WoW for me more than anything. All anyone left playing cares about is M+ and raids.
    Try playing on an rp realm you get the best of both worlds there socials and the rest

I think it's great not being a hamster stuck in a wheel farming AP every day anymore.

I think would be an interesting experiment if Blizz tried a no gear drops in Raids and Dungeons.

And there'd be a whole other way of gearing up.

Then the question would be, to people like to actually run Mythic difficulty Raids just for the complexity of it, and challenge? Or do they tough it out and hate it, but only do it for the gear?

Because who cares if you i420 geared? Just wait till the next patch when i420 will drop everywhere.

Is it the e-penis thing, for bragging rights to be highest geared? Who cares.

Also I laugh at people who get butthurt if you could gear up to i400+ just with World Quests LOL. Like why care how others got geared up? It should only matter what you want and do in the game, not what others do and get.

Unfortunately WoW has always been elitist attitude for a lot of players, and has become World-of-carrot-on-a-stick-Craft. Always need the new shiny piece of upgrades.

Is a MMORPG supposed to be about your gear? Thought it was about the journey not the destination. The story. The friendships. Exploring the open world's. Not just about being addicted to some meaningless number on your sword in a video game.
    The thing is people like you have zero clue about game design and it shows.
    The fact that you break it down to just 2 possibilities (like the difficulty, so they need no reward VS hate it and just do it for rewards) is simplifying immensily. I could go into game theory for hours about it, but the short summary is: You can not seperate content and reward and rate them independently from another. They belong together and form a connected experience. Doing hard content and getting appropriately rewarded for it, is a very rewarding experience for many players (personally I would say "almost all", but ofc I can not proof that). Doing hard content and getting no (or pointless) rewards feels bad. A fitting reward can lift the whole experience to be very positive, a missing one sour and otherwise great experience.
    Stop seperating the two, it's not possible.

I made it a month, after 1900 mplus score, I am M'ed out lol. Its the cycle of wow, blow through the content and be sad when done, just uninstall for 3 months and do the same lol

Honestly this is the first time since Legion i've stayed subbed two consecutive months.
    I'm not forced to do any content, i can just toy around with professions, pvp at my leisure, do m+ when i feel like it, lots of world pvp.
    Occasionally i'll dip my nose into a raid, but honestly that shit just sucks so bad 90% of the time.

And then battlegrounds, i'd love for them to have an actual role in the game but premade rated bgs are just such a monstrosity.

I can't for the life of me understand why they would waste so much content just because they can't control it; just split it up into different spec leaderboards if that shit is so important to you!?
    It already collects an insane amount of stats about a game too so if just win or loss doesn't cut it for determining rating, then use that shit to create a personal (private) score that determines bg rating changes.

And seriously, even hearthstone can do it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Sounds like you, and a few other people here, have grown out of the game but can't quite see that.
    You know I kind of felt like this once myself. Then I changed how I view WoW nowadays. For me it's just something to kill time and enjoy for a little fantasy. I make my own adventures to be honest. Like I recently made a new Dwarf Hunter with a whole little storyline in mind for him. He is a hunter not only of prey but of discovery. He takes the paths less traveled, I don't worry about how fast I can get him THROUGH a zone or even up in levels. I even go as far as turning off his personal XP so I can finish an area before I level up too quickly. Searching all the nooks and crannies. However that's not to say I don't leave SOME meat on the bone for other character ideas I might have in the future.

If you just look at WoW or ANY game one way. To progress as efficiently as possible to end game and gear up and overcome that expansions toughest relevant challenges, then you will get burned out much faster. The way I play now there really is an endless supply of adventures that only really depend on my own imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    I made it a month, after 1900 mplus score, I am M'ed out lol. Its the cycle of wow, blow through the content and be sad when done, just uninstall for 3 months and do the same lol
    Which is why if you read my post above that I don't play that way anymore. It just becomes a vicious cycle of binge and purge.

I think I should unsub now, because i have completely nothing to do in game in terms of personal gear progress. I don't do M+ or Raid so other content stops at 395. This is very important to me, transmog, mounts and pets are just not worth sub cost IMO. I never understand argument "Horrific Visions" are end of expansion activity? WHY? Do you think Blizzard want sub profits only at end of expansion, and now i should unsub and wait for next big patch?

My best, most fun memory was doing Horrific Visions and getting Mythic lvl gear, also loved Withered Army Training, Mage Tower and Brawlers guild.
    This kind of solo WoW content I want NOW.

So you got two months of fun out of a game where you don’t want to play the endgame. That’s seems well worth it to me? What’s the problem exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I think I should unsub now, because i have completely nothing to do in game in terms of personal gear progress. I don't do M+ or Raid so other content stops at 395. This is very important to me, transmog, mounts and pets are just not worth sub cost IMO. I never understand argument "Horrific Visions" are end of expansion activity? WHY? Do you think Blizzard want sub profits only at end of expansion, and now i should unsub and wait for next big patch?

My best, most fun memory was doing Horrific Visions and getting Mythic lvl gear, also loved Withered Army Training, Mage Tower and Brawlers guild.
    This kind of solo WoW content I want NOW.
    You can literally go do all those things right now
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Yea, at a certain point it will end up just being do your weekly stuff and PvP or push keys and raid -- or all of them

Then 10.1 will eventually come out and repeat the whole cycle :P

Maybe Trading Post will be a good incentive? Not sure if you're all about cosmetics or not.