Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    How does getting more coins through payment ruin any thing for people who you just want to stay in the F2P path?

If i want to get 2000-3000 per month and others choose to stay at the 1000 per month then how does that ruin the system?
    Uh huh, and you don't suppose they will start making things cost more coins simply because they figured out having people give them money for the coins is a really profitable business decision?

Nice addition. Sucks they rotate whats in the store though. Since we are limited on how much of these coins we can obtain each month, I would prefer if it didnt rotate. I guess its the FOMO bit they are playing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    When will they add the currency to the blizz store?

Currently don’t play retail, But would be nice to be able to buy FOMO cosmetics any way.
    most likely instantly - probably as option to paid battlebass bypassing the monthly currency limit or something .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Uh huh, and you don't suppose they will start making things cost more coins simply because they figured out having people give them money for the coins is a really profitable business decision?
    thats the neat part - they dont have to - because you will have like 20 options per month to choose from and only 1k currency limit in base free option

want that mount ? well you cannot buy 19 other items from there then .

want all 20 ? well you gotta pay out $$$ for battlepass premium options.

just like all battlepasses operate

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Sorry but I'd rather flick through 12-20 pages of vendor items than this ridiculous rotation FOMO.

We already saw how ridiculous this was with the Corruptions vendor in BfA.
    Cool, corruptions gave power. Show me where these items give power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Okay sometimes you guys cross the line from reasonable optimist to delusional. The reason for the rotation is that they want people to have a reason to check up on the game every month. They want you to see something cool that you missed out on and check every month to see if it's back. They want people that were sitting on months of unspent tender to check back and see if there's anything cool to finally spend it on. They want people that are taking breaks from the game to have a reason to keep it in the back of their head.

There's obviously a lot of business-level thought behind this, but that's not a bad thing. Just because they're doing something that is good for them doesn't undue the fact that it is also good for players.
    You know you don't need to log in to check it? You don't even need to be subscribed to buy stuff.
    Your argument falls apart there.
    Websites will have lists of "what is available" at the first day of every month.
    And if you log in on your account with no sub if you have the tender from previous month's you can buy what you want, or freeze what you want, or just check to see what's up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most likely instantly - probably as option to paid battlebass bypassing the monthly currency limit or something .

- - - Updated - - -

thats the neat part - they dont have to - because you will have like 20 options per month to choose from and only 1k currency limit in base free option

1- ok so show us where the payment option is.
    2- it's not a battle pass.
    3- that isn't even how all battle passes operate, Diablo 3 has had a "battle pass" for 10 years now and still to this day you can't pay for it. Hell the new pokemon game has a "battle pass" also can't pay for the pass "premium"

It's a shame they already confirmed that the coins will carry over so you can rack them up to buy tons of things at the same time, which makes your point null.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Cool, corruptions gave power. Show me where these items give power.

- - - Updated - - -

You know you don't need to log in to check it? You don't even need to be subscribed to buy stuff.
    Websites will have lists of "what is available" at the first day of every month.
    And if you log in on your account with no sub if you have the tender from previous month's you can buy what you want, or freeze what you want, or just check to see what's up.

- - - Updated - - -

1- ok so show us where the payment option is.
    2- it's not a battle pass.
    3- that isn't even how all battle passes operate, Diablo 3 has had a "battle pass" for 10 years now and still to this day you can't pay for it. Hell the new pokemon game has a "battle pass" also can't pay for the pass "premium"
    4 more days till "i told you so" moment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's a shame they already confirmed that the coins will carry over so you can rack them up to buy tons of things at the same time, which makes your point null.
    you can carry over coins yes - but next month you will have completly new 20 options.

so in theory around 12x20 items and 12k points to spend in base free version

Would be kinda cool if there was some brand new stuff but seems they just put up old stuff already in the store or items that used to be in game.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2023-01-27 at 01:39 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

4 more days till "i told you so" moment
    Alright, see you in 4 days when there is NOT a "pay to skip" option.
    see you then, can't wait to laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Would be kinda cool if there was some brand new stuff but seems they just put up old stuff already in the store or items that used to be in game.
    ??? Where did you get this idea?
    Nothing in there "used to be in the game"
    And there is only a couple things from the store.
    most of the stuff is new stuff.

First off is it a battlepass? Yes it is and anyone saying different is factually wrong. It is literally the exact same system all other games with a battlepass use expect that its in a MMO and you can walk up to it.

With that said.....

I think its a amazing edition to WoW and provides people with both things to do and rewards that isn't centered around doing Raids/Mythic+. It is optional content and if you don't want to do it then don't do it. The bitching and moaning about it is so dumb. If they charge $ for it later then complain but until then ether enjoy it or don't. I legit can't wait to do it and it will give me more reasons to play WoW.

FFS some of you need to go outside and breath some fresh air and touch grass. Getting this angry over some pixels is dumb.

(Also even if they did charge $ for it, Its optional content and you can still do it without spending anything more than the sub).

Company's like to make money more news at 11.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Nice addition. Sucks they rotate whats in the store though. Since we are limited on how much of these coins we can obtain each month, I would prefer if it didnt rotate. I guess its the FOMO bit they are playing on.
    You can put one item on hold to keep it in the post until you obtain it, so that mitigates the FOMO at least a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

There are several new cosmetics in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First off is it a battlepass? Yes it is and anyone saying different is factually wrong. It is literally the exact same system all other games with a battlepass use expect that its in a MMO and you can walk up to it.

With that said.....

I think its a amazing edition to WoW and provides people with both things to do and rewards that isn't centered around doing Raids/Mythic+. It is optional content and if you don't want to do it then don't do it. The bitching and moaning about it is so dumb. If they charge $ for it later then complain but until then ether enjoy it or don't. I legit can't wait to do it and it will give me more reasons to play WoW.

FFS some of you need to go outside and breath some fresh air and touch grass. Getting this angry over some pixels is dumb.

(Also even if they did charge $ for it, Its optional content and you can still do it without spending anything more than the sub).

Company's like to make money more news at 11.
    Yeah like, its a way to get transmog and mounts in-game without spending money (beyond the subscription which if you're counting that for this, then you might as well count it for everything else). This is pretty much what people have been clamoring for when complaining about the store.

And yeah I'll grant the rotation is a bit annoying but, shocker, a game with a subscription wants to try and keep people subbed.

There's been a few models shown that, to my knowledge at least, have not been available before. Mounts too. Plenty of recolors as well but so what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Star View Post
    What I don't get is why the need for the "FOMO" aspect for lack of a better term.
    It's ultimately an engagement tool. By rotating items they ensure an abundance of new rewards every month and that will encourage collectors to stay subscribed and playing. And when an item you wanted but missed out on rotates back in, even more reason to dive back in.

If they're just permanently accessible, the whole system becomes something people can put off and do later, which defeats the purpose. The point is to keep players interested during periods that otherwise might not have new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think strings and shop assets would have been datamined for that if it was part of the system?

The whole point of the system is to incentivize maintaining an active subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Don't you think strings and shop assets would have been datamined for that if it was part of the system?

i think that if i would be blizz i would do anything humanly possible to not let people know about it till launch . because the outrage then will be covered by whales spamming forums with "lol why you poor cant you afford those X $ for all that nice transmog ? " :0

4 more days

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    They've been very transparent about it so far, I don't see them pulling something like that now (at least not so soon, maybe some point in the future).

Certainly a valid concern, but let's hold on to our outrage until there's a reason for it, yeah?
    the only way i see them monetizing this is maybe the trading post items going up on the shop post trading post availability.

it already has shop items on it why not reverse?
    i could see next month or something a blue post thats like "you can wait for the baby ogre pet to come back to the trading post one day OR you can get him now and buy him for real money!"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's ultimately an engagement tool. By rotating items they ensure an abundance of new rewards every month and that will encourage collectors to stay subscribed and playing. And when an item you wanted but missed out on rotates back in, even more reason to dive back in.

If they're just permanently accessible, the whole system becomes something people can put off and do later, which defeats the purpose. The point is to keep players interested during periods that otherwise might not have new content.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point of the system is to incentivize maintaining an active subscription.
    Rotation or not you can ALWAYS put it off and do it later, having it rotate changes nothing, cause either way if you put it off or always do it the rewards will always be there.

- - - Updated - - -

i think that if i would be blizz i would do anything humanly possible to not let people know about it till launch . because the outrage then will be covered by whales spamming forums with "lol why you poor cant you afford those X $ for all that nice transmog ? " :0

4 more days
    What are you betting on it?
    How about if it does not have monetization at launch you delete your mmochamp account?
    I will delete my own if it does if you take the bet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

And if you log in on your account with no sub if you have the tender from previous month's you can buy what you want, or freeze what you want, or just check to see what's up .
    No man, my argument doesn't fall apart at all, you're just misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not talking about having to subscribe to check the trade post. I'm talking about giving people a reason to think about the game and stay mentally engaged with it in some form even when they aren't subscribed because that makes the chances of them subscribing more likely. It's like the incredibly basic mobile game tactic of having pop-ups that remind you you have currency to spend or that you haven't played in a while, the point isn't that they outright tell you to spend money. The point is that they want you to engage with the game and be reminded the game exists, which heightens the chances you will return, which then means there is a chance you will spend money. The difference here is that the end goal is they want you to think about subscribing rather than outright buying microtransactions.

If all you do is go to WoWhead to check what's new on the trade post then maybe you will see something else that's been added to the game. Maybe you will remember the last time you visited the site in the middle of raiding with friends and want to experience those feelings again.

This is all really fundamental business/sale psychology that lots of games are utilizing.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2023-01-28 at 06:02 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

4 more days
    So here we are, it is out, there is no way to purchase traders tender, there is no fast pass, there is no nothing.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Look at those comments on the video. How the hell are people this happy with dragonshite? I'm genuinely baffled how this expansion is meeting people's expectations. What the fuck happened to the wow playerbase?
    The player base is tired of grindy systems like those in BfA or SL... this expansion has been a breath of fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.