Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo IV - Official Release Date Trailer Breakdown, WoWMadeEasy Discord Community

Diablo IV - Official Release Date Trailer Breakdown
    Learn more about the villainous characters of Diablo IV as the developers discuss the launch date trailer.

Community Spotlight - WoWMadeEasy Discord Community
    Reddit user Lost_Log4035 has created a successful Discord Community for players who find themselves nervous to try group content to play together without the anxiety of group finder. They also have a website and five in-game communities.

• NA Discord Community
    • EU Discord Community "No Pressure" is being set up separately as well, but no active Discord link yet.

Last edited by Stoy; 2023-01-26 at 10:36 PM.

Anxiety of group finder?
    For real?!

God how much I miss good old days when we made Chuck Norris jokes in /2 . No one was scared of anyone.

This is why DF (questing) feels like youre questing in Disney park.

Great idea. There's been a constant thread of complaints, particularly since M+ released, that getting groups is too hard because you're 'forced' to play meta specs, have 10x the required IO score, be massively overgeared, whatever - time for those people to put their money where their mouth is and join communities like this to prove that it's other people holding them back. I might even take a tank into these groups and try to explain routes etc to people.

It's heartwarming to see people take the initiative of forming communities of like-minded players to just chill, and have a good time, without the worry of a try hard no-lifer ruining the experience.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Anxiety of group finder?
    For real?!

God how much I miss good old days when we made Chuck Norris jokes in /2 . No one was scared of anyone.

Ah how rose tinted your glasses must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Anxiety of group finder?
    For real?!

Just because you have no idea what it's like for people who have anxiety doesn't mean that no one should try to make the game more accessible to all.

This is a good thing, and it's obviously not aimed at you so just move on, it doesn't affect you.

Reddit user Lost_Log4035 has created a successful Discord Community for players who find themselves nervous to try group content to play together without the anxiety of group finder. They also have a website and five in-game communities.
    Good for them. All too often the spotlight is on the GoGoGo EsPoRtS crowd, it's easy to forget that there is a large amount of more casual players in this game who are facing some entry barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Good for them. All too often the spotlight is on the GoGoGo EsPoRtS crowd, it's easy to forget that there is a large amount of more casual players in this game who are facing some entry barriers.
    why wouldnt the spotlight be on high level play? do you think people would watch awc or the m+ version of that if it was just your average joe doing it?

Imagine having anxiety on the internet, what a snowflake world we live in.

Regardless, now that MMoC and it's OH SO friendly community has made this discord public. I give it one month until it's packed full of elitist morons who turn it into a mirrored image of group finder.

So 1% of players are gatekeeping 99%? Every 20 dungeons formed there would be only 1%'er in it. How can they gatekeep all of them? OR is it that "casual players" are actually gatekeeping their own?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody has link for EU?

I understand people who have anxiety, I slowly learnt my way to 15+ keys but every time I went without common routes people left. Wrong turn right? Leave. Wrong turn left. Leave. Kinda understandable but it destroys any wish to try higher keys.
    So I just sit on 10-14 keys where people rarely leave. but leave sometimes anyway.

This is amazing and something I've been considering on doing (on a smaller and server-only scale though) myself due to anxiety.
    I've been playing since release. Up until mid to late Cataclysm I raided hardcore. I was extremely confident in my skills and knew the ins and outs of my Main class, a druid. Managed to get to rank 13 in Vanilla WoW (before I stopped PVPing and the rank slowly fell off) alongside a good friend of mine, Able, a Rogue and one of the best PVPers in the server at the time. But life got in the way, I took a break. An MMO never stops and constantly changes. So did Druids over time. And due to a certain health condition getting worse I feel like my memory, focus, response times and reflexes aren't as good.

These days every time I come back to the game. While I play really well, there's a weird anxiety that constantly hovers because I know I'm not as good as I used to be and have been in groups where I got kicked out in the past for very small mistakes, or for failing a certain boss mechanic one single time.

But I still very much play the game how I used to. Patiently, like to do dungeons at a good pace (neither rushing nor too slow) and be understanding of others if they are still learning the ropes and want to take it slow, avoid instantly insulting others for messing something up (which can lead to people becoming agitated, groups disbanding, people becoming more hostile, etc) and others.
    I understand games can change and evolve so do their communities. But the way things work these days it feels very unforgiving, which doesn't really help anyone's anxiety.

On top of that, due to my schedule there are days when I can play a LOT, or I'll randomly have to take a break from the game without knowing for how long. So it's very hard to commit to static Mythic/Raid groups or a guild. So I just play alone. I do most of the content alone. When I am able to do any Raid Finder raids I'm a bit proud of myself for having no Mythic experience, far from the top ilvl but still consistently landing on top 5 of higher at the end of raids. But I still very much miss higher end content. The thrills and rewards from it and some of the camaraderie that enjoys and plays the game in a similar way.

All of this to say that maybe that type of Discord is exactly what I needed this whole time. So I really can't wait. Just have to see when they open it for all the EU peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    So 1% of players are gatekeeping 99%? Every 20 dungeons formed there would be only 1%'er in it. How can they gatekeep all of them? OR is it that "casual players" are actually gatekeeping their own?
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm poking fun at e-sports culture, and pointing out that anxiety (or fear of failure) is a very real entry barrier.

Does not even matter if you make mistakes in wow dungeons and they get mad you will never see those people again. So to those people who are nervous i say just spam dungeons until you learn them and dont even think of the people you end up with it's very rare people even say hi these days.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2023-01-27 at 08:51 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Imagine having anxiety on the internet, what a snowflake world we live in.

Regardless, now that MMoC and it's OH SO friendly community has made this discord public. I give it one month until it's packed full of elitist morons who turn it into a mirrored image of group finder.
    Yeah I'm sure life was so much better when we just shoved any mental problems into a locker, or ignored them and pretended they didn't exist. Why don't we just go back to lobbing chunks of people's brains off instead?

And large discord servers tend to have moderators to handle that kind of issue.

Good initiative i guess... but also will never understand how can you get anxiety to talk/play with other people in MMo game.
    Thats the whole point... to have interactions with others.
    Sadly there will be also alot of trolls joining these discords now.

I'd love to see Blizzard gather a couple teams of 40-year-old dads-of-three to compete against each other in dungeons. I'm sure it'll be great content to see them fail the first pull of a Ruby Life Pools 11 six times in a row because Dad #4 doesn't have interrupt on his bar while Dad #5 (the healer) is AFK because his fucking kid spilled juice all over the floor for the third time that day.

JK, if it was actually these players we'd just see them getting out their credit cards and buying boosts from the MDI players. : ^ )

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    JK, if it was actually these players we'd just see them getting out their credit cards and buying boosts from the MDI players. : ^ )
    Maybe we SHOULD see that on stream during a promoted Blizz event.

Wouldn't that be something.

Would have to short sodium futures, too. Salt'd go THROUGH THE ROOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I'd love to see Blizzard gather a couple teams of 40-year-old dads-of-three to compete against each other in dungeons. I'm sure it'll be great content to see them fail the first pull of a Ruby Life Pools 11 six times in a row because Dad #4 doesn't have interrupt on his bar while Dad #5 (the healer) is AFK because his fucking kid spilled juice all over the floor for the third time that day.
    You severely underestimate 40-year-old dads-of-three(tm).

Nah, I doubt they care. They're either playing Classic or are perfectly content with running Ruby Life Pools 5.

Imagine having "anxiety" but playing an MMORPG.

Fucking dumb.