Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Savage beating leading to death is a hell of a step up, huh.
    According to some...he got what he deserved.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Street Racing isnt going to be stopped by cops going HAM. Provide mroe legal avenues for racing, heavy fines, more obstcles that will cause a speeding car to get damaged but is fine for regular drivers and towing their expensive cars will tho. Even just reposessing the cars using civil forfeture, since street racers value their cars more than life.

Also, again, did you miss what I and Unified said about reckless mostly being a ticket thing? aka no excuse for cops going HULK SMASH.
    The point that you and they missed is that reckless driving kills people, and depending on where you live it's a more serious problem than others. The bottom line is cops aren't obligated to priorities the safety of anyone according to your own commonly known and understood thread.

I don't agree with all of that or unlimited immunity, or cops discharging fire arms thus putting the public at risk for minor infractions.

That said, I DO want cops to protect and serve, I do want them to priorities the needs and safety of the communities they serve OVER any individuals wants or whims.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The point that you and they missed is that reckless driving kills people, and depending on where you live it's a more serious problem than others. The bottom line is cops aren't obligated to priorities the safety of anyone according to your own commonly known and understood thread.

I don't agree with all of that or unlimited immunity, or cops discharging fire arms thus putting the public at risk for minor infractions.

That said, I DO want cops to protect and serve, I do want them to priorities the needs and safety of the communities they serve OVER any individuals wants or whims.
    The point YOU are missing is that reckless driving is a broad category that doesnt necessarily mean its reckless enough to kill people. Like you seem to have a fundamental inability to understand broad concepts vs "it says this, so it must mean only this".

You also seemed to have flat out ignored that the SC ruled the police dont need to protect the community, only enforce laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Put the strawman down. Literally no person has said "don't punish reckless drivers". We've just said "don't murder them"

This whole "Blame the Victim" tract you're on here is really disgusting.
    Yes this is about police brutality, not just the current events, You also don't get to pick and choose what arguments people are going to have to fit your narrative. I never said the person in recent events deserved to be beaten and "Murdered", and considering other factors and waiting for ALL the evidence doesn't change that.

NOR does it make me a bootlicker, profacist, or any of the rest of that bullshit.

Just as me being Anti Back the Blue, or Thin Blu Line or those idiotic Punisher decals makes me a Cop Hater.

He also seems to think reckless driving only encompasses the worst of driving, rtaher than simple things that are often subjective. Like crossing lines without signaling, crossing double yellow lines when passing, going 15 over, etc.
    Well, you can't blame him. He got caught in a traffic jam that was caused because the police didn't do their duty and summarily execute a "reckless driver".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't blame him. He got caught in a traffic jam that was caused because the police didn't do their duty and summarily execute a "reckless driver".
    funny thing is by trying to "execute" the reckless driver, they are also more likely to execute an innocent civilian. Its whyspeed chases are regarded as escalating force and most departments only use them if the suspect is a danger, such as is a mass murder suspect. SO...that argument is a bunch of bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    The point YOU are missing is that reckless driving is a broad category that doesnt necessarily mean its reckless enough to kill people. Like you seem to have a fundamental inability to understand broad concepts vs "it says this, so it must mean only this".

You also seemed to have flat out ignored that the SC ruled the police dont need to protect the community, only enforce laws.
    Reckless driving could mean a lot of things, hell some communities have entire tasks force just for things like such as street racing. So no and I didn't miss your nugget of really old information about police not being obligated to save your life.

That doesn't mean I agree one way or another, or where I do agree in any event that it's for whatever the hell you would or wouldn't justify.

Speaking in general police are here to protect and serve whether they are Obligated due to or be criminally prosecuted.

Yes this is about police brutality, not just the current events, You also don't get to pick and choose what arguments people are going to have to fit your narrative.
    We actually do get to have the discussion on the "recent events". That's why the "recent events" get posted...so we can have disccussions about them.

I never said the person in recent events deserved to be beaten and "Murdered", and considering other factors and waiting for ALL the evidence doesn't change that.
    Everything you have posted has said that you believe victim deserved what he got. Just by putting murdered in quotation marks you are saying you don't believe what happened was actually murder.

NOR does it make me a bootlicker, profacist, or any of the rest of that bullshit.
    It actually does.

Just as me being Anti Back the Blue, or Thin Blu Line or those idiotic Punisher decals makes me a Cop Hater.
    Well, I would never accuse you of being a Cop Hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring that you put the blatant outcome of the man being savagely beaten for no real reason in quotes, as though it didn't happen, the evidence is literally in the videos you claim to have watched...
    I put it in quotes to make it clear that IT IS MURDER. I am acknowledging that

10+ Year Old Account
    Reckless driving could mean a lot of things, hell some communities have entire tasks force just for things like such as street racing. So no and I didn't miss your nugget of really old information about police not being obligated to save your life.

That doesn't mean I agree one way or another, or where I do agree in any event that it's for whatever the hell you would or wouldn't justify.

Speaking in general police are here to protect and serve whether they are Obligated due to or be criminally prosecuted.
    Police were originally made top protect and serve business interests, aka the Pinkertons and breaking up union protests. the community aspect is relatively new and is often just bullshit spouted by idealistic people that have no connections to the problems cops can cause. Are the necessary? yes but this idealistic speak is doing more harm than good because it means cops rarely get held accountable.

No, you missed it because you keep citing random extreme bullshit as justification to pulling over and beating the guy since he was "reckless driving".

Its also not old when its still relevenmt. See: uvalde. But then again, I actually pay attention.

The point that you and they missed is that reckless driving kills people
    Reminder: Five murderer's are the only source for the reckless driving claim.

Five murderers that then went on to lie about their murder.

Yet here you still are. Licking the boot and completely unable to accept you're wrong, take an L, and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually do get to have the discussion on the "recent events". That's why the "recent events" get posted...so we can have disccussions about them.
    So that doesn't mean you get to take arguments out of context to brow beat and preach to people whatever you think about the law and how you think the world should work daily.

Everything you have posted has said that you believe victim deserved what he got. Just by putting murdered in quotation marks you are saying you don't believe what happened was actually murder.
    I quoted it because that is what I believe, the man in recent events was MURDERED

It actually does.
    No it doesn't

Well, I would never accuse you of being a Cop Hater.

Not until it fits another narrative you are trying to preach about.

funny thing is by trying to "execute" the reckless driver, they are also more likely to execute an innocent civilian. Its whyspeed chases are regarded as escalating force and most departments only use them if the suspect is a danger, such as is a mass murder suspect. SO...that argument is a bunch of bullshit
    Bunch of Bullshit is the stock and trade of the honourable Officer of Retail Complex Security, PHD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yet here you still are. Licking the boot and completely unable to accept you're wrong, take an L, and move on.
    He may have gone 15 over! Or crossed a line illegally! The horror! Clearly that means pulling him out of the car vilontly was justified instead of, you know, a ticket like most normal cops.

The point that you and they missed is that reckless driving kills people
    The point you are missing is that murder kills people. In fact, in 100% of all murder cases...a murder was involved. Depending on where you live, it's a more seriouis problem than others.

The bottom line is cops are obligated to not murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Police were originally made top protect and serve business interests, aka the Pinkertons and breaking up union protests. the community aspect is relatively new and is often just bullshit spouted by idealistic people that have no connections to the problems cops can cause. Are the necessary? yes but this idealistic speak is doing more harm than good because it means cops rarely get held accountable.

No, you missed it because you keep citing random extreme bullshit as justification to pulling over and beating the guy since he was "reckless driving".

Its also not old when its still relevenmt. See: uvalde. But then again, I actually pay attention.
    No none of that is true.

When the west was being settled some territories didn't even have police or sheriffs the consequences being similar to what we have now, courts of public opinion and consensus not the law or facts.

It's also in addition to MOBS full out gangs ran towns. However as the U.S expanded into the west part of membership into the union for investment and development cleaning that sort of thing up became paramount.

Police in General have ALWAYS existed in some form or another since the first Human Civilization.

However the POLICE as WE know them in the U.S were developed as a way to keep the peach, to enforce law and order. Simple as that

When communities feel crime runs rampant, nobody is held accountable that is when communities begin to take justice into their own hands. Which is why today we do it more civil. Vote, and elect and campaign for changes and laws we like to see.

But just as sure as that COPS are there to make sure those laws are kept.

Bottom line that is why we have police, and personally along with a lot of other people, I do NOT want police or cops to abuse their charge, however we also don't want police ineffective to do their jobs.

It is NOT always perfect, but not being perfect, doesn't always mean corrupt, or wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

One issue doesn't have to do with another, this is a recent event, not every event. And Reckless driving is still pretty serious. regardless to what these 5 said.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point you are missing is that murder kills people. In fact, in 100% of all murder cases...a murder was involved. Depending on where you live, it's a more seriouis problem than others.

The bottom line is cops are obligated to not murder.

Yet the thread is about police reform. Events surrounding that are important too.

One issue doesn't have to do with another, this is a recent event, not every event. And Reckless driving is still pretty serious. regardless to what these 5 said.
    Then make a thread about how bad reckless driving is in GenOT, because it's irrelevant in the discussion of five police officers murdering Tyre Nichols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. I'd recommend making it bold, or putting it in italics in future. Quotations makes it seem like you don't believe it.
    I wasn't aware that was the official rules, since I have fucking from my very first post since this incident have clearly stated as much. Yes they are murderers, nothing I said is going to change that fact.

But the WHY that happened is a important detail in terms of motives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then make a thread about how bad reckless driving is in GenOT, because it's irrelevant in the discussion of five police officers murdering Tyre Nichols.
    Instead of in a thread about police reforms. How about you start one about how you hate cops and the recent 5 Cops that murdered a motorist.

Or OR how about you fucking not making everything about what you want it to be about and take people at their word when they say something, even if you disagree.