Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Slippery slope is a fallacy for a reason. Rep is not something you should have to do more than once. Gearing via dungeons, raids, pvp, WQ, etc. is.
    which is why you get 3x rep on alts if you have already done it, and you dont even NEED TO DO REPS as most of the stuff is account bound.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The primal chaos and primal thingy farm is by far the worst thing for alts. I've done over a dozen 16+ keys on my 370 alt and i still dont have enough chaos to actually make the 418 lol
    Last edited by Ashana Darkmoon; 2023-01-30 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    which is why you get 3x rep on alts if you have already done it, and you dont even NEED TO DO REPS as most of the stuff is account bound.
    The cosmetic stuff is account bound - the gear is not. And for people like me that don't like organized group content (M+, Rated PvP, Raiding) that gear is important. There's no reason we can't just have it unlocked on all chars like the rest. Reps are not content you should have to repeat.

And yes, repeating them at +200% speed is still repeating them. You know what that means? It means doing it on 3 alts is the equivalent of doing it again on my main. No thank you.

Actually, my preferred final solution is just for all soulbound gear to be BoA - but Mythic raiders would whine that they now feel compelled to grind gear on alts to funnel it to their main.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    The primal chaos and primal thingy farm is by far the worst thing for alts. I've done over a dozen 16+ keys on my 370 alt and i still dont have enough chaos to actually make the 418 lol
    Primal chaos is really bad for twinks. I got the five sparks catchup on a new twink. But after doing every activity available including every boss in lfr(except raszageth) i was barely able to craft a ring with 30.
    Its great i don't have to waste time getting them, but it doesn't really benefit me when i have to do m+ or raids anyway to craft items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Alts just seems like such a 90's type of thing.

At this point, just let mains learn every class, every trade and let the player decide what to play and we can do away with all these clunky rep workarounds.
    No thanks. It might work with FFXIV but in WoW, naw, I'm good.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So this is your first expansion then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Man this is a pretty old thread and I am surprised so many people are so mad at this.
    People tend to react negatively if you spread misinformation. Hell, I wish more people in the world would think as critically about wild claims as this one and react accordingly.

The fact is: I have switched mains maybe 4 times and I still have not seen the Ysera storyline.

I play the game quite a lot. I think that is a problem. Controversial I know.
    The expansion is what 4 month old now? If you could not stick to one character for more then a month then of course you will miss out on the endgame story. It was the same in Legion. Suramar took several month to go through, not just because of rep, but because the story unlocked only 1 chapter per week. In DF at least you can farm the rep and get to the chapter at your own pace.

I think your "problem" is that you think that the game owes you everything it has just for logging in and that is not how it works in an MMO and hell, not even in a single-player game.
    Since there is no player power in the renown track they chose to put some of the story quests there. Not to punish people, but as a reward for those dedicating themselves to gathering renown.
    It even makes sense on a ingame-level. Your renown is your status with the faction. If they have a critical problem they will call in someone they know to be reliable and trustworthy.
    Even the bonus rep is explained ingame: Your main is recommending your alt to the faction and thus makes that faction more open to dealing with your alt.

All of this is basically saying: Suck it up, fill the renown bars once and then you can ignore them on your other characters. It really isn't a big deal, pick your favourite character, buy contracts for the factions and farm WQs.

Maybe you only care about ilvl. I don't think ilvl is a good mesurement for how alt friendly an expansion is.
    No. Ilvl was not ever the issue. The issue were the mandatory farms you needed to do to have a character be able to raid/m+.

In Legion it was Artifact Power (and that system was horrible at the start, limited to ONE SPEC on ONE CHAR), in BFA it was Azerite (and the terrible Azerite armor system) and in SLs you had to farm Torghast for Legendaries.

Not to mention that SLs Covenant stories were locked behind Renown just as much as it is in DF. Worse, you could only unlock one after the other in week long grinds until very late in the expansion and there was no rep bonus, the catch up came much later.

There is simply no way you played through any of these expansions and consider DF the "least alt-friendly one". You either only played the last few month on any of these expansions when all the catchup was unlocked or you are straight up lying to create drama. This is beyond being an argument, because it is provably false.

I clearly have been playing the game wrong because I did not play 1 character and maxed out all the reputations then started a new alt.
    Not directly. You can of course play the game how you want, but then you are responsible for the consequences of that playstyle. If you choose to play a mage but you only want to use autoattacks, then you can do that, but it will not give you great results. Or for a single-player game, say Witcher, you CAN kill magical beasts with your normal sword, but you will not like it very much.
    Following that up with creating a thread in a corresponding forum with "Mage is doing no damage!" or "Monsters in Wild Hunt are unkillable!!!" would be as nonsensical as this thread is.

You can rotate mains every week if you like, but you will loose out on some stuff (like gear, M+ score, Raid advancement, deeper skill in playing a class and Rep). The problem here is that you blame the game for your chosen playing habit and create a false statement on that basis. That is what most people take issue with.

Why was this thread made? DF not alt friendly?

1. Level to 70.
    2. Get some OK gear from dungeons, proffs, WQs.
    3. Start doing m0
    4. Do LFR & higher diff raids.
    5. Success.

The renown system in DF is great. You aint forced to do it, but get rewarded if you do. The big thing is that the reward aint player power.

So you can literally dont give two flying shits about renown and still compete in every other aspect of the game. In previous xpacs you would farm renown/Ap until your eyes bleed and then some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    This is another alt-ehhhh thing in df indeed.
    They could've gone for them being account-bound since they're not really tied to skill anyway.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    This expansion is extremely alt-friendly. I had one - maybe two - max level characters in Shadowlands. I just couldn't bring myself to do the content at all after the first or second time. This time, I'm working on my fifth or sixth character, and I'm not bored yet. And that's with getting them from 50 to 70, because that's where they're all stuck.
    The exact opposite for me. In Shadowlands I was motivated to see the different Covenants (although I disliked how much was locked behind in). In Dragonflight, it's pure boredom on my alts.

This expansion is really not alt-friendly at all. The removal of borrowed power (which was just replaced by renown grinds) doesn't make an expansion alt-friendly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The exact opposite for me. In Shadowlands I was motivated to see the different Covenants (although I disliked how much was locked behind in). In Dragonflight, it's pure boredom on my alts.

This expansion is really not alt-friendly at all. The removal of borrowed power (which was just replaced by renown grinds) doesn't make an expansion alt-friendly.
    You will just going to endlessly bullshit about this "horrible" rep grind, ignoring every time the rep multiplier on alts and the fact that you don't need to grind it in the first place, won't you? You will present Renown gains as some mandatory stuff you totally need on every alt? This will be your shtick this entire expansion, right? And now you even compare this rep to actually mandatory power gains from leveling Renown in SL. Are you like, pretending to be this obtuse or you just decided from the start that you don't like DF? Because we also remember how you tried to find some ridiculous stuff on Dragonriding as well.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-01-30 at 09:46 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

You can see all the factions and questlines by leveling up renown. As in SL. You can, also, just outright ignore it 100% and dont bother with it. Removing borrowed power grinds from the game makes a xpac MUCH better. Imagine on your third alt you gotta farm some borrowed power shite for X amount of hours. Something you had done on two chars already.

I have barely made an effort in leveling renown yet cause its not that big of a deal for me. I'll cap it during the xpacs duration. But, If I wanted to, I could have grinded it out. Its my choice. As its yours.

It literally makes the life of alt players much much easier. One less bullshit barrier to enter the content you wanna do - be it pvp, m+ or raids.

Or maybe you just enjoy grinding a useless borrowed power on alts for.. Some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I find it the most friendly alt expac ever. I have all the renown capped on my main and my alts are all 10+ by the time they're 70 and get the easy 376 gear. Then I can just jump into M0 or low M+ to start gearing my alt without having to worry about AP, legendaries, Torghast etc.
    We are talking about normal persons with life besides wow. If you already have renown capped then it is clear you are a grinder and ofc you find this xpac alt friendly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You will just going to endlessly bullshit about this "horrible" rep grind, ignoring every time the rep multiplier on alts and the fact that you don't need to grind it in the first place, won't you? You will present Renown gains as some mandatory stuff you totally need on every alt? This will be your shtick this entire expansion, right? And now you even compare this rep to actually mandatory power gains from leveling Renown in SL. Are you like, pretending to be this obtuse or you just decided from the start that you don't like DF? Because we also remember how you tried to find some ridiculous stuff on Dragonriding as well.
    Most funny thing that his other argument why DF is shit is that we don't have progress system beside gear. I get people that like to grind or hate it. But make up your mind.

None of the things you listed matter and are all completely optional.

You're also talking about switching mains, not playing alts.

0/10 troll post.

It's also a 100% buff, and 200% buff at lvl 20. This doesn't matter though as the rewards are crap and it's 100% optional.

This is probably the most alt friendly expansion because it's never been faster to get to max level and then get semi decent gear fast (storms and crafted gear) and jump into m+.
    Last edited by Tekko; 2023-01-30 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    We are talking about normal persons with life besides wow. If you already have renown capped then it is clear you are a grinder and ofc you find this xpac alt friendly.
    Most people that play since launch are at the cap by now. Even if they are only playing in the evenings. Personally I am not, because I switched back to my Priest after playing Evoker for 2 month first. If I had started on the Priest I would be capped too and that is with a fulltime job and everything.

Mainly what I don't understand is how people complain that the removal of the endless grind hinders them playing alts. That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Alts just seems like such a 90's type of thing.

At this point, just let mains learn every class, every trade and let the player decide what to play and we can do away with all these clunky rep workarounds.
    I am fully on board with this, tie Classes to weapons or something like that. It would be great to just have 1 character and be able to swap to whatever class I want on a whim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    "The expansion is what 4 month now"
    No we are 2 months in, only 1 and a half when they made the post. So they were switching mains every week basically.

I am pretty indecisive and have switched mains 3 times already. This expansion is WAY WORSE in terms of switching main than any other expansion I can remember.

Every time:
    Dragonscale Expedition: Level 1
    Maruuk Centaur: Level 1
    Iskaara Tuskarr: Level 1
    Valdrakken Accord: Level 1
    Wrathion/Sabellian: Nothing
    Honor: 0
    Conquest: 0

You get 10% faster rep from level 1-10. That's it.

My experience is I have to do ALL quests again, just for reputation. Same quests for the 4th time I guess... Even after that, I am extremely far behind.

Was not this expansion supposed to be "alt friendly"?

Not my experience...

Having account wide Dragonriding glyphs and transmog unlocks is not "alt friendly".

In Shadowlands you had a covenant to level up if you switched main, but the catch up system boosted you along real quick.
    In BfA the same, catch up system for Azerite Power made you be like 1-2 weeks behind normal players if you switched main.

Honestly Dragonflight is the worst expansion to switch mains I can remember. The current catch up system fumbles and falls flat on it's face.

Or is "leveling fast in Cobalt Assembly" what being alt friendly means to you?
    I got all class expect 3 to level 70(the other 3 are all 66). It terms of leveling up to max level is pretty easy. I could care less about rep since I don't do profession(is such a dumb system I am not spending any time on it). I am sure with 10.1, 10.2 till end of expansion they will have quick and easy rep catch up for people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    The cosmetic stuff is account bound - the gear is not. And for people like me that don't like organized group content (M+, Rated PvP, Raiding) that gear is important. There's no reason we can't just have it unlocked on all chars like the rest. Reps are not content you should have to repeat.

And yes, repeating them at +200% speed is still repeating them. You know what that means? It means doing it on 3 alts is the equivalent of doing it again on my main. No thank you.

Actually, my preferred final solution is just for all soulbound gear to be BoA - but Mythic raiders would whine that they now feel compelled to grind gear on alts to funnel it to their main.
    Bro are you really doing renown on your alts to get them gear and that's it...
    Dude do the storms fury event, get gear that outclassed the rep stuff in no time. Not my fault your doing literally the worst way to get gear possible.
    Also if you arnt doing any endgame content, why the fuck do you need endgame gear on all these alts?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2023-01-31 at 06:50 PM.