Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I support Palace, you absolutely dumb fucking piece of shit. They're literally my local club, for my sins.
    You support Liverpool, how come you dont know this?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Valkyrst;54032105]You seem to have a weirdly unhealthy obsession with Liverpool, even though they're not your team and neither is your team playing them AND they're shit. They're literally the least offensive 'big' club at the moment, since they're so blindingly awful currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Charge! Well once again thanks for rushing to the defence of poor old Liverpool Mr White Knight, Im not sure where you think my obsession with the pool manifests, have I even mentioned then more than 5 times in the 7 years of posting here? WTF are you talking about you absolute twat?!

Maybe more weirdly obsessional is that you would junp on my post without responding to the point to defend Liverpool when their not even your team, and neither is your team playing.... oh wait...
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2023-01-30 at 03:41 AM.

I support Palace, you absolutely dumb fucking piece of shit. They're literally my local club, for my sins.
    what ends u from bruv

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    You support Liverpool, how come you dont know this?
    - - - Updated - - -

You seem to have a weirdly unhealthy obsession with Liverpool, even though they're not your team and neither is your team playing them AND they're shit. They're literally the least offensive 'big' club at the moment, since they're so blindingly awful currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Charge! Well once again thanks for rushing to the defence of poor old Liverpool Mr White Knight, Im not sure where you think my obsession with the pool manifests, have I even mentioned then more than 5 times in the 7 years of posting here? WTF are you talking about you absolute twat?!

Maybe more weirdly obsessional is that you would junp on my post without responding to the point to defend Liverpool when their not even your team, and neither is your team playing.... oh wait...
    I’ve defended United too. I got accused of being a United fan by the Arsenal fan. Your point?

I’ll call out any stupidity. Not my fault you’re a regular offender.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2023-01-30 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    And without the money Chelsea would be in the Championship and Man City in League Two. I really don't understand your angle. Salty small club fan that can't stand the fact his closest club isn't even top 5 biggest in the city.
    Without the money, Blackburn wouldnt have won PL in the 90s. Without the money, MUFC wouldnt have paraded X amount of PL wins. Without the money, City wouldnt have won. Without the money, LFC wouldnt have won. Without the money, Arsenal wouldnt have won. Without the money, Chelsea wouldnt have won. Etc and so on. Leicester was a one off, but they spendt money too. Albeit less.

This is a moneygame. Especially in PL. Of course, you gotta have a great manager, staff and players - but you gotta spend money to win. Just how it is.

Look at Brighton. Churning out good players left and right. Selling for insane prices, can rack up ALOT of cash. Such a well run club in all departments. What happens? The big clubs buy the players and Brighton will never reach the top because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Without the money, Blackburn wouldnt have won PL in the 90s. Without the money, MUFC wouldnt have paraded X amount of PL wins. Without the money, City wouldnt have won. Without the money, LFC wouldnt have won. Without the money, Arsenal wouldnt have won. Without the money, Chelsea wouldnt have won. Etc and so on. Leicester was a one off, but they spendt money too. Albeit less.

This is a moneygame. Especially in PL. Of course, you gotta have a great manager, staff and players - but you gotta spend money to win. Just how it is.

Look at Brighton. Churning out good players left and right. Selling for insane prices, can rack up ALOT of cash. Such a well run club in all departments. What happens? The big clubs buy the players and Brighton will never reach the top because of it.
    not to mention the top clubs get the most money from sponsors/league position etc and it becomes vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what ends u from bruv
    Used to be Waddon ways. Near the tram station. But I’ve moved around since. Helps with the PTSD.

- - - Updated - - -

Bingo. This. And it’s weirder when fans of all these big clubs pretend like this isn’t the case.

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention the top clubs get the most money from sponsors/league position etc and it becomes vicious cycle.
    Yup. I’d rather see a stricter system where clubs are forced to be smarter like Brentford, Brighton, Dortmund of old. But money money money.

We will probably never see a team like Leicester win PL again. Its a cartel operation at this point and the only way to really get in on it, and be a viable candidate for PL+cl+cup wins, is if someone wealthy enough owns the club. AKA, questionable oil states.

Every english clubs can have this perfect, smooth and great run team. Scouts, sports directors, manager+++. Everything is in place. Working hard. The economy is healthy, while creating great players. They can do aaaaaaaaaalll this awesome work, only to see it vanish before theyre eyes every year. Yes, its been this way for a long time now - but its much worse now.

Look at Newcastle. Was a shite ran club, shite owner. But, they were in PL. They did okish. Now, Saudi owns them. They will never again see the bottom half of the table. Never again will the be in a relegation battle. Not until the Saudis see there aint value owning them. Might be the case one day. its like a safenet for them now. Relegation wont happen.

Brighton though? Working theyre asses off, creating a healthy & well run club. In a season or two, they might go down after the big clubs are done raiding them for players.

Used to be Waddon ways. Near the tram station. But I’ve moved around since. Helps with the PTSD.
    proper ends. I live near BRIT school will have to stab you if i see you, wrong postcode.

We will probably never see a team like Leicester win PL again. Its a cartel operation at this point and the only way to really get in on it, and be a viable candidate for PL+cl+cup wins, is if someone wealthy enough owns the club. AKA, questionable oil states.

Every english clubs can have this perfect, smooth and great run team. Scouts, sports directors, manager+++. Everything is in place. Working hard. The economy is healthy, while creating great players. They can do aaaaaaaaaalll this awesome work, only to see it vanish before theyre eyes every year. Yes, its been this way for a long time now - but its much worse now.

Look at Newcastle. Was a shite ran club, shite owner. But, they were in PL. They did okish. Now, Saudi owns them. They will never again see the bottom half of the table. Never again will the be in a relegation battle. Not until the Saudis see there aint value owning them. Might be the case one day. its like a safenet for them now. Relegation wont happen.

Brighton though? Working theyre asses off, creating a healthy & well run club. In a season or two, they might go down after the big clubs are done raiding them for players.
    Pretty much. A friend of mine who supports Arsenal was actually trying to convince me that 'no one expected Arsenal to do so well, we've come out of nowhere with a youth team to rival Fergie's lot'. And it's like...what delusions does one suffer from to even assume that something like this is true?

proper ends. I live near BRIT school will have to stab you if i see you, wrong postcode.
    I'm not 15. Be really odd if someone my age got involved in a postcode fight.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve defended United too. I got accused of being a United fan by the Arsenal fan. Your point?

I’ll call out any stupidity. Not my fault you’re a regular offender.

Dude! Until about 2 years ago you claimed not to have a team at all, though that didn't stop you telling people how they should think or what they should do. You rather condescendingly told all of us that you were above all this tribalism and that you should be taken seriously because of you objective views.

After being called out for your Liverpool bias (coupled with bashing Man Utd and their posters) You rather gingerly stepped out of the closet with the words "I suppose if I did "support" someone it would be Crystal Palace". Later emphasizing your support with the "I went to a game" moment.

You then proceeded to add "Im a Palace fan" to the next 20 posts you made even if it wasn't relevant and just another "Im right , You're wrong" essay.

Apart from constantly leaping to the defence of Liverpool or using Liverpool to bash other teams Check your post history it is full of:
    Liverpool post match analyses
    Liverpool injury worries and excuses
    Liverpool tacticals
    Liverpool transfer needs
    Liverpool positional needs
    Liverpool budget
    Liverpool managers coaching
    Liverpool board
    Liverpool players almost every one of them named.
    Liverpool vague statistics
    Liverpool respect

The only Palace player I remember you talking is Eze as I again relive the uncomfortable thought of you in your Eze T-Shirt

You did actually mention Eze again at least two more times though when you said he would be a good fit in another midfield. which team was it now....oh that's right, Liverpool

And then in a weird projection your accuse me of being obsessed with Liverpool because I dared to think they got the advantage of dodgy VAR calls for the second cup tie in a row. I dont think that is all you're projecting tbh. I mean you had a huge problem with my post yet you had to call me stupid rather tell me why it was such a big deal to you. The invitation remains to do that though or maybe you can go with "your just too dumb to understand" and make it easy on yourself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Sean Dyche is back! If nothing else Evertons press conferences should be more entertaining now.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2023-01-30 at 03:45 PM.

Dude! Until about 2 years ago you claimed not to have a team at all, though that didn't stop you telling people how they should think or what they should do. You rather condescendingly told all of us that you were above all this tribalism and that you should be taken seriously because of you objective views.

After being called out for your Liverpool bias (coupled with bashing Man Utd and their posters) You rather gingerly stepped out of the closet with the words "I suppose if I did "support" someone it would be Crystal Palace". Later emphasizing your support with the "I went to a game" moment.

You then proceeded to add "Im a Palace fan" to the next 20 posts you made even if it wasn't relevant and just another "Im right , You're wrong" essay.

Apart from constantly leaping to the defence of Liverpool or using Liverpool to bash other teams Check your post history it is full of:
    Liverpool tacticals
    Liverpool transfer needs
    Liverpool budget
    Liverpool board
    Liverpool respect

The only Palace player I remember you talking is Eze as I again relive the uncomfortable thought of you in your Eze T-Shirt

You did actually mention Eze again at least two more times though when you said he would be a good fit in another midfield. which team was it now....oh that's right, Liverpool

And then in a weird projection your accuse me of being obsessed with Liverpool because I dared to think they got the advantage of dodgy VAR calls for the second cup tie in a row. I dont think that is all you're projecting tbh. I mean you had a huge problem with my post yet you had to call me stupid rather tell me why it was such a big deal to you. The invitation remains to do that though or maybe you can go with "your just too dumb to understand" and make it easy on yourself.

edit: Sean Dyche is back! If nothing else Evertons press conferences should be more entertaining now.
    Palace are my local club, but I’m not a hardcore fanatic about it. In as much as I don’t get overly upset if they do badly, neither do I get ecstatic if they succeed.

As far as talking about only Liverpool is concerned, I’ve pretty much engaged objectively with everyone about their relevant clubs - good and bad. Liverpool and United are the most interesting case studies for me as an outsider to the clubs, because they both have horrendous owners that shit the bed regularly.

Ironically, if you notice I’m fully in support of both clubs getting better owners. Not financially doping types, but better ones. They owe it to their respective fan bases. My comment re Eze if you go back and look, is how their midfield is so shite that Eze would be an upgrade. Which is still true. Their best player is currently an 18 year old who turned up 3 weeks ago?.

All this said, I find your obsession with Liverpool and my posting patterns, quite hilarious. I get that Spurs are a mess of a club. But that’s really not my fault and it isn’t Daniel Levy’s either. It’s the unrealistic expectations of a fan base that has zero history of actual success. It’s the proverbial, stay in your lane. Not a top side, a Europa League side. That’s okay.

Btw, the Arsenal fan thought I supported United because I defended them. I’m sure I’ll be defending Graham Potter at some point, so I can’t wait to be called a Chelsea fan at that point.

Yup. I’d rather see a stricter system where clubs are forced to be smarter like Brentford, Brighton, Dortmund of old. But money money money.
    Literally laughed out loud at this. Brighton are turning down 75m for a player they paid 5m for and has made just 26 PL appearances. Dortmund are going to take someone to the absolute cleaners for Bellingham, just like they did with Barcelona over Dembele. Let's not pretend these are small clubs with peasant owners that aren't involved in the money game.

- - - Updated - - -

Liverpool tacticals
    Liverpool transfer needs
    Liverpool budget
    Liverpool board
    Liverpool respect

Fuck me. I'd call an ambulance but I'm pretty sure you've already killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Literally laughed out loud at this. Brighton are turning down 75m for a player they paid 5m for and has made just 26 PL appearances. Dortmund are going to take someone to the absolute cleaners for Bellingham, just like they did with Barcelona over Dembele. Let's not pretend these are small clubs with peasant owners that aren't involved in the money game.
    They're using a system that's not dedicated to 'let's splash the cash on the top rated players' out there.

They actually develop players, which you claim Arsenal have a monopoly over.

Money isn't the factor in Dortmund's or Brighton's progress. Smart business and player development is.

Arsenal wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the table if it wasn't for the money.

Fuck me. I'd call an ambulance but I'm pretty sure you've already killed him.
    Funny considering I'm still standing and he's nowhere in sight.

Not my fault that you guys have thin skin, and can't take criticism of the way your clubs are run or the way you behave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Surely Conte is done at Spurs? Feels like a similar path to Mourinho. Some of these great managers just turn into grumpy old dudes who can only complain and shout.
    Mourihno was so funny and charismatic until he went to Real. When he returned, he was a sour, miserable person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Mourihno was so funny and charismatic until he went to Real. When he returned, he was a sour, miserable person.
    You're not wrong about that. He did get really weird after his stint in Madrid, but I think it was a combination of ego and ingrained toxicity.

I was watching this interesting video by Rabona TV on the 'Conte Lifecycle'.

There's parallels between both Conte and Mourinho, but ones with other top managers too. They tend to exhaust their players into burn out, and sometimes do the same to themselves. Constant levels of adrenaline leading to a crash. Conte and Mourinho seem to be doing this to themselves more than players nowadays. They just burn out so fast or just quit/get sacked when red flags appear. Can't blame Conte though.

Who'd want to manage at Spurs? High expectation fanbase. Low ceiling. Cult of personality around Harry Kane.

I haven't followed Mourinho much in Italy, but there seems to be less soundbites and drama? Hard to tell. Maybe he's taken the job knowing it's a potential last chance saloon, combined with Roma being this weird sleeping giant of a club waiting to wake up.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2023-01-30 at 06:35 PM.

Arsenal wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the table if it wasn't for the money.

Reminds me of that Jimmy Carr joke from years back. "People come up to me in the street, and they look at me, then at my girlfriend, and say 'she's only with you because you're rich and famous'. And I say, 'But I am rich and famous. What's your point?"
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Reminds me of that Jimmy Carr joke from years back. "People come up to me in the street, and they look at me, then at my girlfriend, and say 'she's only with you because you're rich and famous'. And I say, 'But I am rich and famous. What's your point?"
    That joke would be apt if you weren't trying to pretend like the spending Arsenal have done isn't THE factor in them being top.

That joke would be apt if you weren't trying to pretend like the spending Arsenal have done isn't THE factor in them being top.
    Why are Chelsea 10th? Edit:
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2023-01-30 at 07:24 PM.

Why are Chelsea 10th? Edit:
    Because they're in the middle of a rebuild that's left little time for players to settle. Next.

Doesn't take a genius to realise they'll slowly take shape and start to click.

Because they're in the middle of a rebuild that's left little time for players to settle. Next.

Doesn't take a genius to realise they'll slowly take shape and start to click.
    But I don't understand.

You don't need to build, just spend.

Spending is the only factor.

Chelsea have spent, why are they 10th?