Page 56 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Stop being such a miserable cunt. Jesus Christ. No obligation to watch any of it.
    This made me lol, because it's true. I'm excited about the lineup, more so because I trust James Gunn to deliver good content.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Let's see... the 39835th Superman project... The 30598308th Batman project... expected so far.

Green Lantern... the superhero flop that has become so legendarily bad it's been parodied and derided in other superhero movies. Cool, cool.

Wonder Woman PREQUEL series? About what, just an island full of women training all day? Wasn't their whole shtick that they never went anywhere until WW left?

Swamp Thing? You mean that character they made a series for that was basically canceled BEFORE IT CAME OUT?

Booster Gold? A character they tried introducing in an existing series, which was then immediately canceled.

Yeah, okay, I guess. I'm sure they'll "try their best".
    You could have said every single thing that you have said now in 201X when "Guardians of the Galaxy" was announced: "Who the fuck decided this? Why them?"....and here we are , with the same guy moving the threads (Gunn) and one of the best movies of the whole MCU.

I just say...give it a chance. I was exceptical to the bone about "Peacemaker"....and here we are....again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can’t say any of the movies really excite me but I did like Gunns SS and peace maker so Mabye he can pull the same thing off with these.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Personally, I think I'm ok with Lanterns at least starting off as a series, but then maybe squeeze in a movie somewhere, too. I do appreciate that we get both Hal Jordan and John Stewart, though. Bring back Ryan Reynolds for the laugh, I say!
    Give me Phil LaMarr as John Stewart.

The Authority: Excited. Also concerned. It could be great...but it's also really easy to fuck it up.

The Brave and the Bold: Well, they gottta get their big money maker out there. With the talk of the Bat Family it sounds like they're skipping all the origin and early years stuff and jumping into a fully established Batman. Main focus first up seems to be Damian...but we might see Nightwing, Batgirl/Oracle, Black Bat, Red Robin, etc.

Swamp Thing: Bringing some horror elements into the DCCU. It could setup a Live-action Justice League Dark.

Lanterns: I think a series is a great way to go here. They can put the main focus on Hal and John...but there are so many other Lanterns that can get some build up.

Superman: Well, let's just hope they get the character right this time.

Supergirl: Sounds like they're going for an angrier Supergirl... Red Lantern Power Ring in her future perhaps?

Creature Commandos: If they go with the WW2 setup...could be cool. If not, I dunno.

Waller: Well, it may not be Season 2 of Peacemaker...but sounds like we'll be seeing all of the gang anyway.

Paradise Lost: Could be cool. Can't really judge by the little revealed.

Booster Gold: DC, Stop trying to make Booster Gold Happen. It's not going to Happen.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Let's see... the 39835th Superman project... The 30598308th Batman project... expected so far.

Green Lantern... the superhero flop that has become so legendarily bad it's been parodied and derided in other superhero movies. Cool, cool.

Wonder Woman PREQUEL series? About what, just an island full of women training all day? Wasn't their whole shtick that they never went anywhere until WW left?

Swamp Thing? You mean that character they made a series for that was basically canceled BEFORE IT CAME OUT?

Booster Gold? A character they tried introducing in an existing series, which was then immediately canceled.

Yeah, okay, I guess. I'm sure they'll "try their best".
    Agreed. The Slate doesn't scream excitement so far. It could turn out to be fine but given the info, I'm skeptical.

If anything about superheroes on film is going to interest me, it'll be coming from DC, so here's hoping these products are enjoyable. I've got a bit of excitement about them, but again, it's superheroes, which I'm mostly "meh" on any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Supergirl: Sounds like they're going for an angrier Supergirl... Red Lantern Power Ring in her future perhaps?
    Sounds like they’re adapting the “woman of tomorrow” storyline. Not so much angry but it’s a great view of her character and an enjoyable spectacle of a ride. However it should be a miniseries, I doubt a film could do it justice.

I hope they avoid the red lantern supergirl stuff. I’ve personally never been fond of it.

Forgot to link this earlier.
    Why is this announcement not Live from the DC Fandome? Jason Gunn is here to shake up the DC power hierarchy.

Or am I confusing him with the Rock again.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why is this announcement not Live from the DC Fandome? Jason Gunn is here to shake up the DC power hierarchy.

Or am I confusing him with the Rock again.
    I think you're confusing him with James Gunn...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I think you're confusing him with James Gunn...
    Didnt get he cancelled for pedo jokes. I guess hes on that Bryan Singer level money though.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Didnt get he cancelled for pedo jokes. I guess hes on that Bryan Singer level money though.

If by cancelled you mean "Fired by Disney, almost immediately hired by WB, investigated, cleared, re-hired by Disney, and is now basically DC's equivalent of Kevin Feige"

Then yes, he was cancelled.

Bryan Singer though... no... he doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2023-02-02 at 05:22 AM.

Oof. Disney running The Little Mermaid trailer counter to The Flash trailer. As I said some time ago; big yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They want to drop the Flash trailer during the Superbowl. Yikes.

Universal is releasing early to get out of the Disney onslaught.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    wiping the slate clean and starting over is the only proper way to revitalise the DCU. Gunn knows that and so that's what they're doing.

When are we suppose to have the next trailer drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    When are we suppose to have the next trailer drop?
    Superbowl.

It's funny in a way because my expectations are very low for the future of DC cinema but at the same time I know that I will watch most of the movie trailers they will release. I'm in a place where my curiosity is very strong but my disappointment on the Gunn reboot is way too high for me to actually get too invested in the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It's funny in a way because my expectations are very low for the future of DC cinema but at the same time I know that I will watch most of the movie trailers they will release. I'm in a place where my curiosity is very strong but my disappointment on the Gunn reboot is way too high for me to actually get too invested in the franchise
    i only like a small handful of dc characters, i think the only dc movie im "invested" in is the booster gold movie tbh.

love me some booster gold
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Looks better than i expected