15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion777 View Post
    Never say never, but I just have a gut feeling he will retire for good this time. He's 45, and he's not willing to stay in the pocket to make throws when he knows he is going to get lit up. I don't blame him, though. Hell of a career, and most of his records will go untouched.
    Yea, as much as I despise him he was one helluva QB. I honestly think it would be amusing for the 49rs to make him an offer. That would close out the story of him being a Niner's fan growing up, and then the rumors he wanted to go there after his time in NE was up. As a bonus that would give Lance/Purdy a chance to gain experience from a QB who's been playing in the NFL for as long as they are old.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Also, with all the coaching news is Bieniemy going to snubbed again for a head coaching position? He's been with the Chief's organization since 2013, and OC since 2018. Hell, now they're even talking about him just moving to another team to be an OC? WTF is going on? Is he just that horrid of an interview?
    Everyone knows Andy Reid runs the offense, and Bieniemy doesn't exactly have the best history other places. Plus, he has had off the field problems in the past. Even if he is just an average interviewee, there are enough reasons to not hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion777 View Post
    Never say never, but I just have a gut feeling he will retire for good this time. He's 45, and he's not willing to stay in the pocket to make throws when he knows he is going to get lit up. I don't blame him, though. Hell of a career, and most of his records will go untouched.
    If Mahomes stays healthy he might break a lot of Brady's records with a significantly shorter career just based on how much easier the game is for pass happy offenses in this current era. I don't think anyone else will get to 7 Super Bowl wins though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    If Mahomes stays healthy he might break a lot of Brady's records with a significantly shorter career just based on how much easier the game is for pass happy offenses in this current era. I don't think anyone else will get to 7 Super Bowl wins though.
    Obviously it depends on them staying healthy, but I think we are in an era of quarterbacks that will chase if not go beyond Brady's records(excluding the 7 rings). Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Herbert all show great promise having great careers ahead of them.

And as a Chiefs faithful, I look forward to seeing how Mahomes keeps developing and maybe nabs KC 8 rings total. The only caveat to that is that maybe someone will ship Jackson off to Antarctica to never be heard from again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brady's records for winning, especially in the playoffs, will stand a long, long time. His records for total yardage and TDs and so on? those are definitely going to get broken by the Mahomes/Burrow generation.

Brady's numbers in that regard are pedestrian for the first 6 years he started. It wasn't till the 2007 superteam that his offensive numbers started to explode. Crazy to believe now, but back before the 2007 season and even when he got hurt the year after, there was serious discourse that Brady just wasn't that good, and that 2007 was a fluke and that he was mostly a product of the system he was in. Good but not great. A system QB.

And yeah, people got over that belief eventually but for a QB like Mahomes who's basically been on an offenssive juggernaut since he started in year 2, he could put Brady's numbers for yards and TDs to shame if he plays a decently long career.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Brady retires "for good"? We'll see...which team wants to shove a bunch of money in his face for a 1-2 year half-assed run at a Superbowl.

Also, with all the coaching news is Bieniemy going to snubbed again for a head coaching position? He's been with the Chief's organization since 2013, and OC since 2018. Hell, now they're even talking about him just moving to another team to be an OC? WTF is going on? Is he just that horrid of an interview?
    A) I give him until Free Agency starts. Then Vegas will offer him 40 million or something.

B) Probably at this point. It's a crowded field with only 5 openings anyway. The Panthers and Colts, for better and worse respectively, seemed like they knew who they wanted from the jump. Denver was looking for an established name it seems like, maybe had Payton rebuffed them they'd kick the tires on Bienemy. Texans, who knows if he would have wanted them, it's a bad franchise. And that leaves the Cardinals who seem like they want a defensive guy in there, and that's probably Flores if the reports they were down to Quinn and Flores are true.

I don't remember where but I did see that if he gets passed over again, Bienemy might be looking to jump ship from KC and go somewhere where he calls plays. Apparently Washington.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A) I give him until Free Agency starts. Then Vegas will offer him 40 million or something.

B) Probably at this point. It's a crowded field with only 5 openings anyway. The Panthers and Colts, for better and worse respectively, seemed like they knew who they wanted from the jump. Denver was looking for an established name it seems like, maybe had Payton rebuffed them they'd kick the tires on Bienemy. Texans, who knows if he would have wanted them, it's a bad franchise. And that leaves the Cardinals who seem like they want a defensive guy in there, and that's probably Flores if the reports they were down to Quinn and Flores are true.

I don't remember where but I did see that if he gets passed over again, Bienemy might be looking to jump ship from KC and go somewhere where he calls plays. Apparently Washington.

In between Super Bowl week... with not Brady in the game. He has to do something to put him in the spot light. So look he's "retiring". We all know he is trying to catch George Blanda being the oldest NFL player at 48. We also know he is chasing 50. That's in his mind set.

15+ Year Old Account
    I looked around for the pro bowl only to learn it was on Thursday. Whoops.

also it’s apparently Saturday not Sunday so it wouldn’t have been on anyway.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2023-02-04 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey at least we have the Senior Bowl for 30 fanbases to be interested in instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, the Broncos finally let Evero out of his contract. I'm amazed they tried to hold onto him this long.

Huh, the Broncos finally let Evero out of his contract. I'm amazed they tried to hold onto him this long.
    Payton didn't sign his contract until yesterday. Makes sense to not release anyone they could potentially keep until he talks to them.

I didn't want him back, his super conservative defense the end of the 1st half every game and when the offense actually scored that gave up the lead right back sucked. If other teams offenses didn't do the bare minimum every game to outscore a team that could barely put up points the defense would have been much worse statistically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw one highlight of the new Pro Bowl and hate it already. Are they playing on a half field?

I saw one highlight of the new Pro Bowl and hate it already. Are they playing on a half field?
    Should be like 70 yds. long. Flag football is fine and makes sense. More of a receivers/QB and LB/DB game honestly.
    Not sure I care about what NFL player can drive a golf ball the furthest. The lightning round was meh...probably to get the linemen to do something since they will only use one per flag football game.

Dodgeball? umm.. IDK.

Interesting but doubt I'll watch it every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there's three of these flag games today? I don't know why they think we'd watch three of them if people already didn't watch one actual tackling pro bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only event I like is the precision passing one, hitting the targets. But it just doesn't last long enough, the youtube video is only like 9 minutes. The best catch thing was cool before, but then they went stupid with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kick Tac Toe would have been more fun if the AFC didn't have a pretty elite level kicksquad.

Looking forward to the Derek Carr is looking for a new home flag game coming up in a minute.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myles Garrett dislocated a toe in these flag football games, which is a more serious injury than we saw in previous versions of the Probowl. Ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cardinals are apparently down to 3 finalists. Flores, still, Kafka, and Anarumo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Myles Garrett dislocated a toe in these flag football games, which is a more serious injury than we saw in previous versions of the Probowl. Ironic.
    Probably because they’re actually putting effort into something
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots have signed Adrian Klemm as their O-line coach. Former Oregon coach. Former Steelers coach. Former Patriots draft pick. Interviewed for the OC job too, when O'Brien got it. Still get him to coach O-line, which is a desparate need. Bye Matt Patricia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Brady saying he'll take an off year before going to work at Fox.

Hearing that I refuse to call him retired until he signs the one day contract with the Pats.

Also AJ Green retiring.