Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    So uhm, why was it on PTR then? Why not release it straight away and fix it in the coming 8 weeks
    Because the PTR isn't live and no matter how close the two builds are there are always going to be differences in which something that could be bug free in a PTR could cause all kinds of unknown bugs in live.

This isn't a wow thing, this is all online software thing where there's a test area and a live area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I wonder how many people crying about wanting compensation for it not being up today is the same people that were crying about it being added to the game in the first place.
    I mean why not..? Isn't it salt in the wound to not only have a feature you dont want but then have it brick the game for at least a day?

I normally am pretty chill but df is really testing that with the amount of maintenance and unstable servers disbanding groups as instance servers crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    mcdonalds isn't obligated to give you your extra napkins when you ask for it, but it's a smart business decision to do it anyway.
    Yeah, the old Blizz used to compensate players for issues with their games without asking or hassle. Considering how their image is right now, prorating everyone a day of playtime wouldn't impact their bottom line at all while doing wonders for their image. They wouldn't even have to be genuine and just do it to look good. I've had questions about how their PR team is operated because Blizz seems to avoid easy wins like the plague while doubling down on things that make them look terrible.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Read ToS lol, they owe u nothing, u don't even own the account u play, in fact they can take it anytime they want without reason. rofl, love people who are ignorant to the Terms they sign blindly. Look at what happened in China.
    Says the most ignorant sounding comment here. What does ownership of account have to do with the game time you purchase every month allowing you access to game. If the game was down for an entire month and no compensation was given, blizzard would be riddled with lawsuits left and right. Stop trolling you clown.

Speaking as someone with lots of experience in the industry, yeah you definitely don't catch everything moving from environments. Often environments are specced differently, possibly different auth/permissions etc. That said I don't see those being the issues with the trading post, I feel like whatever they ran into could have been found in test. This downtime was primarily if not completely for this one thing, which somehow was not thoroughly tested.

A 6 hour maintenance that accomplishes basically nothing after a 6 hour maintenance yesterday is pretty amateur. They rushed DF, they've said as much, it's having cascading effects it feels like. My guess is they've also downsized engineering or let a lot of knowledge walk away. I'm not a hardcore player but I'm usually subbed for the first few months of an expansion, and this one is definitely just more messy.

We'll live, but all of the "blabla just unsub they don't owe you anything" posts are about as smarmy as the over the top complaints. DF feels like a make or break expansion for WoW, and whether people admit or realize it, things like bugs and repeated downtimes do have an impact on average user retention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    What a joke, all of these downtimes.
    It's funny, because it's true.

Regardless of what @TigerOfPTS and @Aekero said about nobody being perfect, I would still find it alarming if something as major as "it doesn't work at all" got through testing. So I suspect it was something smaller that was causing enough issues for enough people to warrant cutting it off before it got worse.

Hopefully, that also means it's a relatively simple fix and we will, in fact, see it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    Speaking as someone with lots of experience in the industry, yeah you definitely don't catch everything moving from environments. Often environments are specced differently, possibly different auth/permissions etc. That said I don't see those being the issues with the trading post, I feel like whatever they ran into could have been found in test. This downtime was primarily if not completely for this one thing, which somehow was not thoroughly tested.

A 6 hour maintenance that accomplishes basically nothing after a 6 hour maintenance yesterday is pretty amateur. They rushed DF, they've said as much, it's having cascading effects it feels like. My guess is they've also downsized engineering or let a lot of knowledge walk away. I'm not a hardcore player but I'm usually subbed for the first few months of an expansion, and this one is definitely just more messy.

We'll live, but all of the "blabla just unsub they don't owe you anything" posts are about as smarmy as the over the top complaints. DF feels like a make or break expansion for WoW, and whether people admit or realize it, things like bugs and repeated downtimes do have an impact on average user retention.
    If I had to guess... the get double pvp mounts with a second account bug will be fixed after this maintenance. I have a hunch it is being carried over and is delaying the trading post.

10+ Year Old Account
    that Twitter post from the Classic dude that got fired saying ABK rushed DF is starting to sound more and more believable

https://twitter.com/BrianBirming/sta...367488512?s=20

"Both Expansions" meaning Dragonflight and WOTLK Classic
    Last edited by SinR; 2023-02-01 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Compensation??
    You must be new here.

I mean all the vets are gone, we can't be surprised they're back to 2005 in terms of efficiency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneywon View Post
    Says the most ignorant sounding comment here. What does ownership of account have to do with the game time you purchase every month allowing you access to game. If the game was down for an entire month and no compensation was given, blizzard would be riddled with lawsuits left and right. Stop trolling you clown.
    Its not trolling you ignorant swine, read the damn contract you signed when playing the damn game, its legally binding you tool.... the point being you dont own the account, and blizz doesn't owe you a damn thing. again look at china, do u think players got refunded dragonflight? gametime? etc? no they flat out shutdown and deleted millions of accounts. sounds like you need to educate yourself.

hurr durr lawsuits, you can sue anyone for anything doesn't mean you're right.... stay in school kids

They should stop creating new content so we never get downtime for maintenance. I expect perfection.

Its not trolling you ignorant swine, read the damn contract you signed when playing the damn game, its legally binding you tool.... the point being you dont own the account, and blizz doesn't owe you a damn thing. again look at china, do u think players got refunded dragonflight? gametime? etc? no they flat out shutdown and deleted millions of accounts. sounds like you need to educate yourself.

hurr durr lawsuits, you can sue anyone for anything doesn't mean you're right.... stay in school kids
    The tos is not legally binding in any shape or form, its laughed at in real court.
    They can write murder is allowed and contract it, doesn't make it legally binding. None of that shit is.
    Why? Because you cant contract out of law.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Yeah, the old Blizz used to compensate players for issues with their games without asking or hassle. Considering how their image is right now, prorating everyone a day of playtime wouldn't impact their bottom line at all while doing wonders for their image. They wouldn't even have to be genuine and just do it to look good. I've had questions about how their PR team is operated because Blizz seems to avoid easy wins like the plague while doubling down on things that make them look terrible.
    Old Blizzard also dealt with much more downtime, including during prime hours.

If you think the downtime around this patch equates in any way to the downtime suffered back in the days of Vanilla then you either were not there or your memory is faulty.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    The tos is not legally binding in any shape or form, its laughed at in real court.
    They can write murder is allowed and contract it, doesn't make it legally binding. None of that shit is.
    Why? Because you cant contract out of law.
    Sue blizzard, and win, then come back to this.

Sue blizzard, and win, then come back to this.
    Why are you trying to move the goalpost?
    You called people "ignorant swine", saying "to read the damn legally binding contract you tool".
    You're the only ignorant one here, who doesn't know how the law works.

lotta crying, just be patient man, bliz went through a lot

How many coins can you get per month? Some total me this month we get 1500 totalt cuz, Achievement, loot chest and filling the bar. But some in my guild told me he had over 2.4k coins this morning before they shut it off on EU server. How is that possible? Sure have over 2k coins cant be intended?

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    How many coins can you get per month? Some total me this month we get 1500 totalt cuz, Achievement, loot chest and filling the bar. But some in my guild told me he had over 2.4k coins this morning before they shut it off on EU server. How is that possible? Sure have over 2k coins cant be intended?
    Probably exactly why they shut it down. Somehow people were getting too many coins.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    that Twitter post from the Classic dude that got fired saying ABK rushed DF is starting to sound more and more believable

https://twitter.com/BrianBirming/sta...367488512?s=20

"Both Expansions" meaning Dragonflight and WOTLK Classic

I literally do not understand how people justified DF's release date as not being rushed.

From the moment they announced the date they were dropping, it sent red flags to me that this was being rushed. Dunno bout Wrath Classic specifically, but I definitely expected DF to launch March/April at the earliest.