Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Hair colors with a bit of dye would be nice, but the fact that they're uniformly dyed just makes them look really awkward and clashes with the aesthetic.
    Other races have partially dyed hairstyles, but only certain hairstyles. I could see more hairstyles getting added in later builds that utilize this.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What people here are ignoring for some reason (and this truly puzzles me, why people here are ignoring this) is that Xal'atath willingly chose to possess the body of a High elf, which then become a Void elf. Clearly this Old God was interested in having an elven form.
    Because that's the body of a high elf and that's it. Biologically your void elves are half-elven/half-ethereal mutants. Xal'atath has nothing to do with ethereals, and her model is just a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Interesting... is the fifth Xal'athat or someone else?

Very interesting too is the part where it says that the Titans created one continent, to which the side note says: ''Were they truly ignorant of what lies beyond the waves?''. This could be taken as another continent or continents.
    Chances are very high its Xal'atath, but she could also be a part of Y'shaarj or something else entirely. I personally think its her just from the way she acts and talks about the other old gods.

The first thing i though of as "beyond the waves" was avaloren. I think its unlikely the titans just let some primordial part of azeroth untouched and hoped no one will find it, but it would make the most sense for now.

Interesting... is the fifth Xal'athat or someone else?

Very interesting too is the part where it says that the Titans created one continent, to which the side note says: ''Were they truly ignorant of what lies beyond the waves?''. This could be taken as another continent or continents.
    I think Avaloren being an entire continent on the other side of the planet and the site of the next expac is just increasingly likely (and thus, no revamp yet again).

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Scarlets would be perfect for a classic+ expac because you can actually bring back the living version of Sally Whitemane. Bringing them back in retail would be a waste. On the other hand, Whitemane's specialty was resurrection, so if the writers revived her, then it might work.
    She is already back. She is one of the four horsemen of the Ebon Blade.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post

Interesting fact: now that Monk is available to all races, you could argue all the remaining "unlockables" have various forms of lore issues associated with them.

Warlock - troublesome for Draenei, Highmountain, Night Elves, Mag'har, etc.

Druid - difficult to explain for most races unless they do a Death Knight 2.0-like spin on it. "Hey the Emerald Dream was saved and the tree grew up, here's a new generation of 'Dreamers'".

Paladin - pretty easy for most races because of the precedent where Blood Elves were able to bend the Light to their will using a Naaru. But might be a bit tricky for races like Void Elves or Undead due to their nature.

Shaman - this one should be pretty easy as well; most current Shaman races have their own little spin on it anyway.

DH and Evoker - obvious lore niches since they were created at a specific point in time (and obviously Dragon biology). But hey, I guess anything can be explained with quests.
    Will Zandalari finally get Warlocks?
    Also, I think the reason why new classes for Dracthyr hasn't be showcased yet is because they still have to rig the models with the animations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Because that's the body of a high elf and that's it. Biologically your void elves are half-elven/half-ethereal mutants. Xal'atath has nothing to do with ethereals, and her model is just a placeholder.
    She's an elf because she's inhabiting the corpse of one. That's it.
    I think it would've been cooler if she turned into a troll instead. Trolls are the oldest race on Azeroth right?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Trolls are the oldest race on Azeroth right?
    They are the oldest race to have created an empire. We don't really know if they predate e.g. Tauren or many other races like Pandaren, Jinyu, Tuskar etc. They are older than the titanforged races and ofc older than elves.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Alleria isn't a half-elf/half-ethereal mutant, she's a Void elf nonetheless.

What is a fact is that an Old God wanted the body of a high elf and she is now going around with a Void elf model.

No other race in the entire verse has been worthy of so much attention from an Old God than High/Void elves.

Will Zandalari finally get Warlocks?
    Also, I think the reason why new classes for Dracthyr hasn't be showcased yet is because they still have to rig the models with the animations.
    Like every other player race, Dracthyr already has all animations for all classes.

She's an elf because she's inhabiting the corpse of one. That's it.
    I think it would've been cooler if she turned into a troll instead. Trolls are the oldest race on Azeroth right?
    She could have inhabited *any* body and instead she chose the body of an elf.

There is no evidence that trolls are the oldest race on Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They are the oldest race to have created an empire. We don't really know if they predate e.g. Tauren or many other races like Pandaren, Jinyu, Tuskar etc. They are older than the titanforged races and ofc older than elves.
    Old Gods are a much older race than trolls and they created the first empire ever recorded in Azeroth history. Nothing about what trolls did is really special or praiseworthy. They are neither the oldest race nor the first empire to have inhabited Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Chances are very high its Xal'atath, but she could also be a part of Y'shaarj or something else entirely. I personally think its her just from the way she acts and talks about the other old gods.

The first thing i though of as "beyond the waves" was avaloren. I think its unlikely the titans just let some primordial part of azeroth untouched and hoped no one will find it, but it would make the most sense for now.
    Yes, I am inclined to believe that Xal'athat is not the fifth. If she were the fifth, she would be still imprisoned like the rest of the Old Gods were. But who knows, we are entering new territory here.

One of the continents or the only continent that the document is referring to is clearly Avaloren. But it is my understanding that it is (or was) inhabited by Titan beings. So what happened there? Maybe the fifth Old God is there and changed the Titan Keepers of Avaloren. We might have an entire continent dedicated to an Old God Empire alive and well. But there may be others continents, maybe one with creatures so powerful and dangerous that not even the Titans dare to visit. Maybe a sixth Old God fell there and their inhabitants destroyed it so easily that the rest of the Old Gods would not dare to mention it.

In any case, it seems that Blizzard will be focusing more in Azeroth on the future, developing the Cosmic theme in our planet, while visiting Cosmic places in patches.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Yes, I am inclined to believe that Xal'athat is not the fifth. If she were the fifth, she would be still imprisoned like the rest of the Old Gods were. But who knows, we are entering new territory here.
    My understanding of Xal'atath's tale is that she was sacrificed by her kin during the height of the Black Empire and put into the dagger. Which would of been before the other Old Gods were imprisoned.

I think she's the most likely candidate to be the 5th Old God, but she could also be something different. Either way, I think its very plausible she will pop up at some point and serve as a bridge into 11.0

New interview in Wowhead from Hiru to Steve Danuser. I have to say that I see a more solid Danuser in this interview, although he really did not have complicated questions to answer. Danuser points to way more stuff coming in DF for the Infinite Dragonflight, and cool Ethereal stuff on the future, but not really anything new that we did not know before. He also said that he wrote the new N'zoth lines in DF, and that N'zoth wanted us as allies in BfA, as he shares the same concern that the Jailer had about this new threat that a cosmos divided cannot survive.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

The Danuser interview reminded me of Andre the mystery red dragon, and after looking him up I was surprised to see he even talks in Exploring Kalimdor. So I guess he isn't cursed or asleep.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/And...sz#cite_note-1

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Also killing a C'thraxx and killing a Pit Lord isn't too much of a rush and that Gorehowl being used to chop down tons of demons elevates it, it's iconic across mediums.
    For what it's worth, it also killed Cenarius. And I guess, Cairne.

@Super Dickmann

I did some digging on the Baine quest, it looks like they are bringing back the Tauren who works with Rexxar to save him back in WC3. If the Nokhud kill him then that would explain why he's raging at some otherwise unrelated centaur.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bovan_Windtotem

Also the totem is 100% a 2hander weapon (it has a handle built into it) so I assume it's like the Belf quest where it's a 'racial weapon' quest they are adding for fun. They must have seen how much people love those types of quests.

New interview in Wowhead from Hiru to Steve Danuser. I have to say that I see a more solid Danuser in this interview, although he really did not have complicated questions to answer. Danuser points to way more stuff coming in DF for the Infinite Dragonflight, and cool Ethereal stuff on the future, but not really anything new that we did not know before. He also said that he wrote the new N'zoth lines in DF, and that N'zoth wanted us as allies in BfA, as he shares the same concern that the Jailer had about this new threat that a cosmos divided cannot survive.
    This new revelation is interesting, as it means that N'Zoth was not referring to the Janitor when he said "Only I can save Azeroth from what is to come"; he was, in fact, referring to the same Cosmic threat that the Janitor was fearful of.

I think this is an interesting development. The Old Gods remain crackling, maniacal, hysterical eldritch horrors, nevertheless this is an interesting development. They want to remain in power and take control of Azeroth, and this also means that they were willing to work with mortals against the greater threat. A threat that endangered their hold over the World-Soul. And indeed N'Zoth was trying to indoctrinate the player character several times throughout BfA.

Anyway, the return of N'Zoth is all but confirmed. Just as I predicted last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This new revelation is interesting, as it means that N'Zoth was not referring to the Janitor when he said "Only I can save Azeroth from what is to come"; he was, in fact, referring to the same Cosmic threat that the Janitor was fearful of.

I think this is an interesting development. The Old Gods remain crackling, maniacal, hysterical eldritch horrors, nevertheless this is an interesting development. They want to remain in power and take control of Azeroth, and this also means that they were willing to work with mortals against the greater threat. A threat that endangered their hold over the World-Soul. And indeed N'Zoth was trying to indoctrinate the player character several times throughout BfA.

Anyway, the return of N'Zoth is all but confirmed. Just as I predicted last year.
    Also makes the rage about the Jailer's death scene kind of funny when it wasn't actually just a vague tease, but a follow-up to what N'zoth was saying. But because BFA was so crap people didn't connect N'zoth's warning to Zovaal's.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot more depth to this game than people want to give credit for and unfortunately Steve tries to discredit that depth repeatedly by making people who give a serious fuck about this lore a free clown makeup routine and a strait jacket.

I honestly don't see how he can satisfactorily end the plot threads either way. But, it is entertaining so its' whatever. At least, he trying to keep dragging the community into believing the N'zoth 5000D plan is still real for now.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also makes the rage about the Jailer's death scene kind of funny when it wasn't actually just a vague tease, but a follow-up to what N'zoth was saying. But because BFA was so crap people didn't connect N'zoth's warning to Zovaal's.
    I thought it was fairly obvious they were alluding to the same thing by 9.2. But speaking in cryptic riddles is sort of the Old Gods thing. They already seeded the entire expansion that things aren't what they seem and N'zoth knew some great mystery that the PC didn't.

I suppose a little of that existed with Zovaal as well but his motivation were so not existent that it just felt like he did a total 180 in character by trying to say he was attempting to save the universe from whatever vague threat is out there.