Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean dragon riding is something that is easily transferrable to new (and old) expansions, other things aren't

- - - Updated - - -

why do you think that they should become allied races specifically, instead of normal races?
    Blizzard hasn't done specific races for factions since Cataclysm. Pandaren, Dracthyr and Demon Hunters were made avaiable for both sides since their introduction. Doubt Blizzard will put the effort and resources in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    So what is it? There are still many races who could be a great addition to the factions. Like Ogres, Ankoans/Jinyu, Saberon, Earthen, Furbolgs, Sethrak and so on. Has Blizzard given up on adding those races as a concept or will we see more of it now that a new core race(Dracthyr) was implemented? Discuss!
    Are you surprised that an expansion feature isn't touched anymore after the expansion is over? The Heart of Azeroth is over, Artifact Weapons are over, Garrisons are over, and so Allied Races, as a BfA feature, is not going to be touched anymore.

Besides, allied races are just lazy, in my opinion. No starting zone experiences, often recolors of existing races... nah. Just keep giving us regular races, please.

I don't believe they have. I think it was a very popular feature, a way to diversify customization, culture, themes within each race (or even totally new ones like vulpera). That isn't typically as resource intensive as a totally new race with a new set of animations, starting zones, every piece of gear adjusted to them.

So I think it'll eventually come back. Possibly this expansion, considering we've already heard of earthen that look like dwarves foreshadowed in the uldaman books.
    It's a fantastic way to incorporate more playable cultures previously unavailable for players, like forest trolls, taunka, and things like that. Maybe in the future those could be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I don't believe they have. I think it was a very popular feature, a way to diversify customization, culture, themes within each race (or even totally new ones like vulpera). That isn't typically as resource intensive as a totally new race with a new set of animations, starting zones, every piece of gear adjusted to them.

So I think it'll eventually come back. Possibly this expansion, considering we've already heard of earthen that look like dwarves foreshadowed in the uldaman books.
    It's a fantastic way to incorporate more playable cultures previously unavailable for players, like forest trolls, taunka, and things like that. Maybe in the future those could be made available.
    I sure hope so. Allied races were fairly popular. It is an easy way to introduce new races without the need of designing new starting zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think we already have more than enough races. I'd like to see a bit more of depth for each one of them instead. For example, what has happened to the Ghostlands, now that the Scourge is done and (some) void elves were banished there. Or what's going on in Westfall, where the Defias had eventually managed to overthrow the local government during Cata. Or Northrend, where the undead should REALLY been running amok now that there's no LK anymore. Oh well...

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is it? There are still many races who could be a great addition to the factions. Like Ogres, Ankoans/Jinyu, Saberon, Earthen, Furbolgs, Sethrak and so on. Has Blizzard given up on adding those races as a concept or will we see more of it now that a new core race(Dracthyr) was implemented? Discuss!
    Eh, still plenty of time, I wouldn't really say abandoned just because other things happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Eh, still plenty of time, I wouldn't really say abandoned just because other things happen.
    Shadowlands had neither a new race nor a nw class so alot of time passed inbetween until Dragonflight.

They really need to introduce Drakonid as an Allied Race

People were disappointed from day one with how slim and thin Dracyhyr are, and the options they came up with still don't cut it. We meet so many memorable and cool Darkonid's in Dragonlands, they could be more classes than just Evoker, and everyone would be happy.

If they don't add Drakonid as an Allied Race before the next expansion Blizzard will truly show they don't give a fuck about what players want.

Also personally, I'd love a Titanforged race like Koronos and the other Watchers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    The last batch of folks who might have been allied races were all dead people
    being dead has not stopped OP in the past https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...better-leaders

I might actually try Dragonflight if ogre was playable

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Ogres, Furbolgs and Sethrak don't really fit into the whole allied race thing, as they're reskins for the most part.

I also don't think Blizzard wants to add many more, probably because they weren't very popular and having too many races will be confusing for players, especially new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I might actually try Dragonflight if ogre was playable
    Too bad that's about as far removed from Dragonflight as it can get. Could an ogre even fly the dragons we get?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean.. I still want Vrykul out of all races.

Now that they are pushing walrus people.. it became clear for me in df that they are lame af. They seem the most likely at this point, which sucks

I'd rather they flesh out what we already have, add customisations (like the night elf eyes) etc. The occasional allied race would be nice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ogres, Furbolgs and Sethrak don't really fit into the whole allied race thing, as they're reskins for the most part.

I also don't think Blizzard wants to add many more, probably because they weren't very popular and having too many races will be confusing for players, especially new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad that's about as far removed from Dragonflight as it can get. Could an ogre even fly the dragons we get?
    Well just take a look at Vulpera. They are unique too. Technically Sethrak use the Draenei model.

Amani Trolls, Sethrak, Ogres and such would be actual races not just a recolor. That is what I am hoping for.
    Vulpera are not a recolor, they still were added as an allied race. The difference is really not the model; it is having a starting zone experience. They could definitely add the Revantusk, Ogres and Sethrak without giving them a starting zone; the recruitment scenario will explain the circumstances and they'll either get a spot in the faction capital and/or a portal to a location in game.If lucky, Sethrak might get a unique instance of the Temple of Sethraliss or a small part of it like the Mechagnomes got. It won't be as satisfying as doing it right but we'll still get them as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Vulpera are not a recolor, they still were added as an allied race. The difference is really not the model; it is having a starting zone experience. They could definitely add the Revantusk, Ogres and Sethrak without giving them a starting zone; the recruitment scenario will explain the circumstances and they'll either get a spot in the faction capital and/or a portal to a location in game.If lucky, Sethrak might get a unique instance of the Temple of Sethraliss or a small part of it like the Mechagnomes got. It won't be as satisfying as doing it right but we'll still get them as an option.
    Sethrak would obviously own Vol'dun. Their capital would be the temple of Sethraliss.

Well just take a look at Vulpera. They are unique too. Technically Sethrak use the Draenei model.
    They are not, they are goblins.

Sethrak would obviously own Vol'dun. Their capital would be the temple of Sethraliss.
    The thing is, they wouldn't bother to remove the Faithless. So they'd probably just get an instanced version of a part of the Temple, probably the last two areas so they can actually get Sethraliss herself; they'd then get the massive area with the two eyes leading to her. Decent enough for them to RP there.

- - - Updated - - -

They use the goblin skeleton. They are not goblins. The model over the skeleton is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, they wouldn't bother to remove the Faithless. So they'd probably just get an instanced version of a part of the Temple, probably the last two areas so they can actually get Sethraliss herself; they'd then get the massive area with the two eyes leading to her. Decent enough for them to RP there.
    The Horde player resurrected Sethraliss. And Mechagon is instanced so mecha gnomes can enter it unbothered. It just depends on Blizzard's willingness to spend resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Vulpera use the Goblin model. But the skeleton used for the Sethrak was the female Draenei model. They even have their own heart of Azeroth animation.

Adding new races when many existing ones still lack so much customization and have bugs/clipping issues is so dumb.

They don't need to add new races all the time and if they didn't add Sethrak by now, they never will.