Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Love is in the Air world event is right around the corner, and we’re sharing the love this holiday season.

We’ve heard your feedback on the frustrations with X-45 Heartbreaker’s low drop rate and feeling the pressure of having to farm the mount by cycling through as many alts as possible every day. From now on, the first Heart-Shaped Box you receive each day across your Battle.net account will have a greatly increased chance to contain the X-45 Heartbreaker mount.

Any subsequent Heart-Shaped Boxes you earn on your characters after the first each day will drop the mount at the previous, original rate.

Love is in the Air begins on February 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST in all regions. So spritz on your favorite perfume and head to the Shadowfang Keep event dungeon to defeat Apothecary Hummel for your chance at the fantastic flying fuschia fuselage you’ve fancied far too fervently for what seems like forever.

Good luck adventurers!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard with amazing timing as always.

But quips about other news aside, was there really that big of a push to do this now of all times? And are they going to do this to other holiday mounts as well? What about raid mounts?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

But quips about other news aside, was there really that big of a push to do this now of all times? And are they going to do this to other holiday mounts as well? What about raid mounts?
    IIRC the droprate of the Big Love Rocket was something that Blizz stated they planned to address months ago. Given how much lower the drop rate was for this mount compared to the other holiday mounts, I'd wager the change, at least for now, will only be applicable to this one.

EDIT: The post below me is probably the actual correct answer.
    Last edited by Chilela; 2023-02-03 at 07:47 PM.

1+ Year Old Account

During Loveisintheair2022 Blizz stated that the drop chance of the rocket is horrible and, in fact, sucks. And that they want to fix it, but won't be able to do it for 2022's event. Soooo... here's 2023's event. And they buffed the chance. They told about it a year ago. And i'd say they will also buff Horseman's drop chance as well. They did so with world bosses, so anything is on the table now.

So I guess alts dont help...Just kill once.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this year will be the end of my suffering ?

Great cahnge, like the Sha of anger mount drop. Sure it diminish a bit the pleasure of droping it, but after soooooo many years of farming I rather have it stop.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Maybe because it is returning in few days? Jesus, some of you..

And btw, they are doing fixing let's call it "pathological" drop rates since start of DF (Pandaria/Draenor world bosses). No, it's not about 1% raid mounts (Headless Horseman is also 1% or 0.5% if I remember correctly). Big Love Rocket had extremely small drop rate, estimated around 1 in 3333.

Personally I think correct drop is 1/100 for raid mounts and 1/500 for stuff easily accessible in open world (of course not to often, something like world boss). Currently I think only timewalking mounts has some extremely low drop rated, although it's farmable and return every ~3 weeks. Still I think it should get something like rocket too (increased drop from first final boss of dungeons in day on this account).

I imagine the first drop chance of the day will likely be around 1% and any kills beyond that at the usual 1/3333 chance.

Think I may skip my alts going forward, even if this means I'll only get 14/15 chances at the mount per year.

Doing this on nearly 50 characters daily, especially now that I've consolidated them all onto a single server, is extremely draining, so I'm very happy with this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I imagine the first drop chance of the day will likely be around 1% and any kills beyond that at the usual 1/3333 chance.

Think I may skip my alts going forward, even if this means I'll only get 14/15 chances at the mount per year.

Doing this on nearly 50 characters daily, especially now that I've consolidated them all onto a single server, is extremely draining, so I'm very happy with this change.
    Yeah, it's not like everyone and their mother will get it. Even 14/15 tries for 1% chance isn't a lot.

Man they're trying so hard to even get the collectors back now lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Man they're trying so hard to even get the collectors back now lmfao
    Making changes that will bring people back LMFAO imagine devs making a good change that will bring in players or help retention. LMFAO so cringe. Please dont be a monkey

After all these years ! i might have a chance on it !! (the only event mount i miss )

Hooray for a 100% increase! From 0.01% to 0.02%! Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Making changes that will bring people back LMFAO imagine devs making a good change that will bring in players or help retention. LMFAO so cringe. Please dont be a monkey
    lol people will try to be negative about literally anything

So what does "greatly increased chance" means ?
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to understand what the problem is with keeping super rare drops rare? Is it just blizz catering to people's endless entitlement these days? Is there something I'm missing? It all just seems like entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    If there was a criticism to be had, it'd be why the change was made. Obviously they mentioned in a blue post a year ago that they'd be changing this (which is why it's happening now), but was the motivation purely that the drop rate was terrible? I don't think so, because the drop rate's always been terrible and has been a constant complaint for years upon years. The more likely answer is that this was an 'easy win' for Blizz that they could've had long ago, but this was more of a panic move to slow the hemorrhaging of subs. Such a change wasn't in isolation either, as many other small 'easy wins' that should've been addressed years ago were made. Came off like there was a known list of things players wanted but were almost like they were held hostage in case things got really bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that these changes were made. However, motivation is everything when it comes to whether you can expect changes/fixes to be held hostage for <insert whatever reason>, addressed in a timely manner, or even avoided with proper testing and adherence to feedback. What should not be forgotten is that a lot of the issues that have driven people from the game only seem to be a surprise to Blizz (or they gaslight the players about said issues), not the players themselves.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

yea bs. they greated increased those mount in MoP. I was farming the Galleon only for a month after their greatly increased patch and it still hasnt drop for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read the blue post repeatedly, and yet it doesn't feel as though anything's changed. Guess I'll still be farming for the Big Love Rocket as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I fail to understand what the problem is with keeping super rare drops rare? Is it just blizz catering to people's endless entitlement these days? Is there something I'm missing? It all just seems like entitlement.
    This change is to reduce the need to alt-hop in order to feel like you're doing the mount farming correctly. With this change, needing tons of alts will still give you a better chance of getting the mount, but it's frontloaded onto your first character. It's actually more in line with how rewards and progress are done in other aspects of the game, where you have a large chunk of reward but have the option of going the extra mile at less efficiency but greater progress.

The real question is how much of a change this will be. Since they don't list specific drop rates, this could all just be theoretically a net increase droprate where realistically it won't change nor deter alt-hopping as the most efficient method. Furthermore, it's pretty much impossible to let Blizz know something's wrong with the drop rate change if it's still insanely low. Realistically, I don't think this change is going to alter behavior as much as Blizz would think unless it's drastically noticeable.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2023-02-03 at 08:59 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville