Turns out Frank was the problem all along.

dyche gonna get a big plate of gravel and worms if he holds on here

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Wheres frank, chelsea are fucking pondwater.

Do they actually need to come top 4 to stop them falling foul of FFP?
    Maybe they do, I think it works that if they give these huge contracts (8 years) a player that cost 80 million actually costs them 10 million a year under FFP but if they sell a player for 40 million they get that immediately, so although they bought a player for 80 million and sold one for 40 they have a positive 30 million under FFP (thanks Talksport). Works ok in the early days but if you buy 5 players for that money you suddenly have minus 50 million a season on the books before you even start to trade players. Its a high risk strategy if they don't have champs league football to offset those losses.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2023-02-04 at 02:12 PM.

Chelsea are already applying to try get out of FFP, saying that the reason theyre breaking the rules is that they couldnt get any income during the 3 months Abramovich was selling.

hope the chelsea dock rats sink

no zaha ut oh spagettio

hope the chelsea dock rats sink

no zaha ut oh spagettio
    They got absolutely bent over by Benfica for Enzo, the most expensive player to play in the Prem, cost them 10 million played less than 20 time scored 1 goal, sold for over 100m. And! they still dont have a decent striker

The deal for Enzo makes no sense to me at all. How on earth do you look at a player that got bought for 7mil, played for 6 months and then decide its worth paying the £110mil buy out? There has to be better options for cheaper, you cannot tell me they honestly believe this lad is gaurenteed to be one of the best players in the world. Its like that time Spurs bought Sissoko after the WC and everyone laughed at us for paying £30mil or whatever it was, except Chelsea spent 4 times more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The deal for Enzo makes no sense to me at all. How on earth do you look at a player that got bought for 7mil, played for 6 months and then decide its worth paying the £110mil buy out? There has to be better options for cheaper, you cannot tell me they honestly believe this lad is gaurenteed to be one of the best players in the world. Its like that time Spurs bought Sissoko after the WC and everyone laughed at us for paying £30mil or whatever it was, except Chelsea spent 4 times more.
    It's a thing sometimes with rich people where half the point of buying something is to buy something expensive as a flex that you can afford something that others can't. That plus desperation and a bit of insanity.

Not sure about that red card, it's not like his thumbs were on his windpipe or he was rag dolling him around, it was similar to other players having their arms around others pushing them away but with less force?? Even the player didn't complain. I am biased though but if that was violent then I've lived in a tarantino movie.

I was a bit worried about how long he left Fred on his own in midfield, Fred. Ten minutes or something? I called the sub he made as soon as he was sent off. I've seen him loathe to subs before, perhaps the only thing I worry about him

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Kind of meaningless stat but fun nonetheless; Chelsea spent more than every team in LaLiga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A, combined. At least they got to hold Fulham to a goalless draw at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    Not sure about that red card, it's not like his thumbs were on his windpipe or he was rag dolling him around, it was similar to other players having their arms around others pushing them away but with less force?? Even the player didn't complain. I am biased though but if that was violent then I've lived in a tarantino movie.

I was a bit worried about how long he left Fred on his own in midfield, Fred. Ten minutes or something? I called the sub he made as soon as he was sent off. I've seen him loathe to subs before, perhaps the only thing I worry about him
    Soft red but they just wont let you put hands on another player like that, maybe they should use a term other than violent conduct.

rashford shoulda seen red for all the diving, RIP my fantasy team, fucking casimerio being a mope

im sure the enzo transfer has some sort of dodgyness from Mendes in it
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2023-02-04 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Kind of meaningless stat but fun nonetheless; Chelsea spent more than every team in LaLiga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Serie A, combined. At least they got to hold Fulham to a goalless draw at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Soft red but they just wont let you put hands on another player like that, maybe they should use a term other than violent conduct.
    I can see that but if it's not violent then why send off.

It would be sent off for 'pointless rule'

I'm fuming haha

Just watching utd stand and he's said you wouldn't get thrown out of a pub for that and carol didn't get booked for ending Erikson's season

- - - Updated - - -

rashford shoulda seen red for all the diving, RIP my fantasy team, fucking casimerio being a mope

im sure the enzo transfer has some sort of dodgyness from Mendes in it
    To be fair, there were a couple of times rashford got up and made sure the ref didn't give anything

I can see that but if it's not violent then why send off.

It would be sent off for 'pointless rule'

I'm fuming haha

Just watching utd stand and he's said you wouldn't get thrown out of a pub for that and carol didn't get booked for ending Erikson's season

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, there were a couple of times rashford got up and made sure the ref didn't give anything
    True it was hardly a life threatening assault, the trouble is if you dont have zero tolerance policy to that then you're judging stuff by degrees and that's where consistency goes out the window. Carol should have had a red but I'd offer that its a different situation, there can be no doubt about intent with Casimeros like there could with Carol.

Switched over to the England rugby so didnt hear if much was said by the pundits about it
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2023-02-04 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet Ayew smashed his hand in Fred's face in the same incident and they didn't even highlight that on VAR. Far more blatant than Casemiro, when the other angle showed his hands were grabbing at the neck of his shirt, not his actual throat.

That among multiple reasons were why Marriner had a really shit game.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

A little behind but am watching motd now.

I know he has a temper but I can honestly say if Ian Wright is on my side outside of the incident I know I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    And yet Ayew smashed his hand in Fred's face in the same incident and they didn't even highlight that on VAR. Far more blatant than Casemiro, when the other angle showed his hands were grabbing at the neck of his shirt, not his actual throat.

Ive seen a still picture of hands on collar but that was after thumbs on windpipe from what I can tell. I guess if there's some footage of that, tit will clear him on appeal, the whataboutery not so much. Mariner has more bad games than average games, but like I say create a blurry line for judging these thigs and the real trouble will begin

- - - Updated - - -

Two minute standing ovation for Kanes 267th, what a man!
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2023-02-05 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Referee wearing a sky blue shirt I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Referee wearing a sky blue shirt I see.
    Thought that was my bias noticing that

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres frank, chelsea are fucking pondwater.

Do they actually need to come top 4 to stop them falling foul of FFP?
    yes, without the revenue from CL qualification, their 'revenue cap' will fall meaning that their giga spend this season will bring them well over the cap for FFP rules (especially next season when that cap is being made lower), which means not only would they face a points deduction in the league but could be fined MASSIVLEY alongside that, it could also go as far as having a transfer embargo placed on the club for multiple seasons (like they had in recent past) and will be stuck with the same players they have now.

even with the fudging of numbers with the whole 8 year long contracts thing, they are still massively 'overspent' when it comes to revenue cap which is why they are on the UEFA shitlist with 18 other teams in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

andre marriner is just a shit referee in general though, he's one of many that have been ridiculed for years for just how poor he is but doesn't take the hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen a still picture of hands on collar but that was after thumbs on windpipe from what I can tell. I guess if there's some footage of that, tit will clear him on appeal, the whataboutery not so much. Mariner has more bad games than average games, but like I say create a blurry line for judging these thigs and the real trouble will begin
    He always had hands on shirt, if he wasn't wearing gloves it'd be more obvious. Multiple angles have come out since showing he doesn't actually touch the throat.

VAR only choosing to show one angle in slow motion when they had other angles for context is ridiculous.

The whataboutery won't clear him, but if his stands they need to retroactively punish Ayew for the same reason, his was worse.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.