Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dracthyr should have been created by Nozdormu instead of Neltharion.

Thematically: The dracthyr would be created specifically to prevent threats to the timelines in dire need. He could have told no one and erased his own memory of them so that they could eventually be used against Murozond, because he knows the only way to defeat him is with something he doesn't already know about.

Customizationally: They'd have a reason to have all races as visage forms. They're sleeper agents.

Timewalking Campaigns: They'd be the ultimate canon retcon. Murozond succeeds in a significant step towards shattering the timeline, and then the Dracthyr awaken. Across all of history. So they were always there. Questgivers in older expansions are exposed as Dracthyr, but in such a way that it's as if they always were. Dracthyr get their own subfaction within the Alliance and Horde that have been established since the First War, there were Dracthyr that died on Teldrassil and in the fall of Silvermoon. Dracthyr Death Knights.

Just thoughts.

I don't understand why they'd need to pull a new race out of thin air when the Drakonids the fans wanted were right there ready and waiting. They could be from any Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand why they'd need to pull a new race out of thin air when the Drakonids the fans wanted were right there ready and waiting. They could be from any Dragonflight.

Becuase they are only from one dragonflight and cannot fly. the whole point of the dracthyr is they have powers from ALL the flights, and CAN FLY.

DF makes it really obvious how awful new drakgeckos look like compared to 2-legged drakonid.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Becuase they are only from one dragonflight
    Chromatic Drakonids exist.
    Worst case blizzard could retcon/add new lore to Drakonids so they can use more magic easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m still hoping to get these guys as an allied race in DF. Coulda sworn I remember Blizzard hinting about ARs in DF somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Because Drakonid look like absolute shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I’m still hoping to get these guys as an allied race in DF. Coulda sworn I remember Blizzard hinting about ARs in DF somewhere.
    I wouldn't mind drakonid as an AR. thematically makes more sense than as a main race anyhow.

I don't get why Wrathion didn't create them, experimenting with shit certainly runs in that family.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't get why Wrathion didn't create them, experimenting with shit certainly runs in that family.
    might be because Blizzard considers Wrathion as too pure to create scalies or something. Either way, I enjoy drak'thyr, just wish they had more classes and race options. Also kinda wish we had naga, man'ari, and felblood elves tho, tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    might be because Blizzard considers Wrathion as too pure to create scalies or something. Either way, I enjoy drak'thyr, just wish they had more classes and race options. Also kinda wish we had naga, man'ari, and felblood elves tho, tbh
    I'd love to have playable Naga. Suffice to say they still have to get over the technical "muh saddle" issue. They already got over the armor issue, which is just not needing armor, so I have a feeling Naga will just have their own unique mounts and not be able to ride or have to ride side saddle on everything. Just a matter of time when they want to commit to working around these small issues to give something the player base has only asked for nearly 20 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have playable Naga. Suffice to say they still have to get over the technical "muh saddle" issue. They already got over the armor issue, which is just not needing armor,
    the centaur in DF appear visually to have two sets of leggings, but according to the files, it's the same pair. So armor has a couple different angles to work at naga from, too. Also the saddle issue? We already have a solution blizzard implemented for the chauffered motorcycle thingy.

the centaur in DF appear visually to have two sets of leggings, but according to the files, it's the same pair. So armor has a couple different angles to work at naga from, too. Also the saddle issue? We already have a solution blizzard implemented for the chauffered motorcycle thingy.
    True, so they'll just have to design a cooler mount that ferries them around. Some kind of maritime chariot of sorts would be cool.

Soiboy devs and twatter activist trans crew wanted to live out their dream, hence shitty Dracthyr. Literally no other reason. Try to look for it, but it'll only be an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Thematically: The dracthyr would be created specifically to prevent threats to the timelines in dire need. He could have told no one and erased his own memory of them so that they could eventually be used against Murozond, because he knows the only way to defeat him is with something he doesn't already know about.

Customizationally: They'd have a reason to have all races as visage forms. They're sleeper agents.

Timewalking Campaigns: They'd be the ultimate canon retcon. Murozond succeeds in a significant step towards shattering the timeline, and then the Dracthyr awaken. Across all of history. So they were always there. Questgivers in older expansions are exposed as Dracthyr, but in such a way that it's as if they always were. Dracthyr get their own subfaction within the Alliance and Horde that have been established since the First War, there were Dracthyr that died on Teldrassil and in the fall of Silvermoon. Dracthyr Death Knights.

Just thoughts.
    Why Nozdormu? He's never really tampered with life like Nelth have?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Becuase they are only from one dragonflight and cannot fly. the whole point of the dracthyr is they have powers from ALL the flights, and CAN FLY.
    Chromatic dtakonids have existed though.
    And colorwise it's not much of an issue, as our free choice of color does not affect our powers as drac'thyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thoughts.
    I like the idea, bur let's see what they do with the story as is regarding drac'thyr.
    The design is pretty shitty, but they're not principially flawed.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    True, so they'll just have to design a cooler mount that ferries them around. Some kind of maritime chariot of sorts would be cool.
    Just have the actual mounts summon a chariot that they pull when the naga wants a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Why Nozdormu? He's never really tampered with life like Nelth have?
    The ultimate canon retcon. Nozdormu only "never tampered with life like that" because he deleted the memory of it from our timeline to keep them hidden from Murozond. Could also be used to explain why the dragons lost knowledge of where the Isles were. They could literally explain all plot inconsistencies in the game at once, confirming that some Infinite plots did succeed in altering our timeline, and that Nozdormu had that power the entire time. The Eredar really did corrupt Sargeras, but Murozond already swapped that part out because it didn't fit in his vision.

- - - Updated - - -

Just have the actual mounts summon a chariot that they pull when the naga wants a mount.
    Literally just make them ride side-saddle.

Centaur don't need normal mounts, give them a Running Wild styled flying mount where they either run on air or transform like druids. And turn the mount-attached vendors into Toys.

Could also be used to explain why the dragons lost knowledge of where the Isles were.
    I never took from the story that the dragons lost knowledge of the whereabouts of the Isle. It appeared to be like Pandaria being hidden. Considering it's riddled with Titan facilities I thought we were to assume it was something like Brigadoon partially out of phase with the rest of Azeroth until the cinematic about the beacon.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2023-02-05 at 10:06 PM.

Could also be used to explain why the dragons lost knowledge of where the Isles were.
    They didn't. They couldn't reach it, they knew where it was. Alexstrasza is literally right above Tyr's beacon to grab the Watcher after he opens access to the isles.

Which you would know if you had simply watched the expansion cinematic.

You sure those "inconsistencies" aren't just you not actually knowing the lore?

I feel like one of the problems they sought to solve when they created Dracthyr was the knowledge that, if they gave Evoker to the existing races, it'd be most popular among elves, which after demon hunter are already between 40%-50% of all Horde characters and 20%-30% of all Alliance characters.

This creates a problem to the game's imagery, especially in places like AV or LFR, when 20 of the 40 characters are blood elves when the lore is telling you it's mostly orcs and a few ragtag near-extinct races banding together alongside them.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2023-02-06 at 11:19 AM.