Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Dressing like a women and drag queen are diff???o_0

Like drag has a rich lgbt history as a sexual performance. Sexual transgression is the point of drag queen stuff. Its cool history and important to liberationist movements in the 70s and 80s but its not children appropiate.

Not sure why so many ppl are comfy or ok with exposing children to basically a strip show
    Just constant misinformation and hate from you.

10+ Year Old Account

Like drag has a rich lgbt history as a sexual performance. Sexual transgression is the point of drag queen stuff.
    You have literally no clue what you're talking about. Just straight-up phobic bullshit.

Conservatives: Exposing children to sexuality is wrong!

Also conservatives:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Not sure why so many ppl are comfy or ok with exposing children to basically a strip show
    Meanwhile, back in fucking reality:

Much strip, so tease.

That's the shit the fucking garbage you're carrying water for are fearmongering over. Piss off, slime.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2023-02-06 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Much strip, so tease.

That's the shit the fucking garbage you're carrying water for are fearmongering over. Piss off, slime.
    I think they're more offended that one human is teaching other humans. They really don't like that.

10+ Year Old Account

Like drag has a rich lgbt history as a sexual performance. Sexual transgression is the point of drag queen stuff. Its cool history and important to liberationist movements in the 70s and 80s but its not children appropiate.

A strip show where they don’t take their clothes off or do anything provocative?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While not my thing and have no desire to go personally, there is nothing wrong with it. This is beyond stupid.

They have no problem with taking their kids to hooters which is far more sexual and have no problem letting them watch and play games/movies with actual sex along with murder and other violence and all of which could be considered far more inappropriate if you want to judge based on that.

This reminds me of all of them talking about how video games made you violent or, even better, how the game Diablo was turning children into devil worshipers.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drag shows are very sexual
    I doubt you've ever actually been to any sort of drag performance. Please don't comment on things about which you are ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Drag shows are very sexual so it should be restricted like other adult stuff tbh

You wouldnt take your kid to a strips club, drag isnt so diff
    Mrs Doubtfire is a "Drag show", I saw it when I was 9. Not all drag is inherently sexual. The right wants you to think it is. Sometimes cross dressing is just a dude in a dress, and the GQP need to get over that.

Today's "anti-woke" right wing has gone too far, and previously neutral instances of cross dressing are now being screeched about. Perhaps the GQP should acquiesce to the left's demands, else they find themselves in a civil war? /channels Kokolums
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Not according to literally every single one of the bills being introduced, all of which define "drag" as some variation of "a performance while wearing clothing of the opposite gender."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not according to literally every single one of the bills being introduced, all of which define "drag" as some variation of "a performance while wearing clothing of the opposite gender."
    Are they going to define what is male and female clothing as well? I'd like to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are they going to define what is male and female clothing as well? I'd like to see that.
    Imagine the hilarity when the police rock up to a figure skating competition to arrest all the women who don't wear a suitably lacy skirt as part of their cotume.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Per Wikipedia: A drag show is a form of entertainment performed by drag artists impersonating men or women. Typically, a drag show involves performers singing or lip-synching to songs while performing a pre-planned pantomime or dancing. There might also be some comedy, skits, and audience interaction

While you could argue you are technically correct here, it isn't what you think the difference is. While someone dressing a woman isn't necessarily a drag queen, this bill does not makes a difference on that. Also, the difference has nothing to do with sex.

You know what also has a "rich history as a sexual performance." Music concerts. And I am not just talking about sexual songs, but even modern pop have been performed with sexual appeal. Is anyone currently passing a bill to ban children from going to music concerts?

Because Drag Shows are no more "basically a strip show" than going to Hooters.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-02-06 at 11:23 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Because that is not what it is!

Drag shows are very sexual so it should be restricted like other adult stuff tbh

You wouldnt take your kid to a strips club, drag isnt so diff
    No, ADULT Drag Shows can be very sexual (or they can be horror or just plain disgusting if that's what the artist is aiming for). But e.g. Nina West produces stuff for fuckin Disney and they are not sexual at all. There are myriads of drag queens that will just read stories in Disney cosplay and nothing is sexualized about them.

There is nothing wrong with you not knowing about this but now you do. You can look at the kind of queens who choose to do story hours and the type of drag they present to kids and they very much make a point not to make it sexual.

That said, there are some parents who bring their kids to after hour drag shows that are very much intended for adults and no one wants them there, least of all the drag queens.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-02-06 at 02:17 PM.

You're so ignorant on this it's almost painful.

Drag doesn't implicitly require sexual content. Are there drag shows with sexual content? Yes. That doesn't mean they all contain sexual content, even that most do. There is a strong tradition of family friendly pantomime shows in the UK, for example, where drag is a huge part of the production and there is no nudity whatsoever.

Your stance is equivalent to saying "50 Shades of Grey had sexual content in it, 50 Shades of Grey is a movie, therefore all movies are sexual and abusive towards children" followed by you then trying to ban The Lion King. An utter nonsense.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2023-02-06 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Times have changed. Not all drag is sexual.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could post this in a bunch of different threads...and I might.

But the topic(s) of these threads are systematic evidence of what the Republican Party, and the Party of Trump, are left to work with, when the country is actually going okay.

Weather ballons.
    Drag shows.
    Hunter Biden's laptop shit that one's dead
    Critical race strawmen.
    Fictitious claims about the FBI ordering Twitter what to do.

The big issues? Inflation is going down. Unemployment at a record low. Ukraine is still winning and we haven't sent a single US soldier. COVID is actually more or less under control, we have vaccines and boosters and no spike in autism or whatever the fuck lies were spread about that. Hell, arrests at the border are up.

Everything left is either hypocrisy because the GOP did it worse (creating the issue that led to inflation, lost documents) non-issues, or fictional.

The Party of Trump and its...yeah I think I can say this...trolls who come here to defend it are announcing, on a daily basis, that they have nothing. They've entered the "Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor" stage of inventing a problem out of thin air, then asking why nothing was done about it.

So by all means, keep posting "the FBI tried to shut down Twitter" keep posting "the weather balloon could have been armed" keep posting "I just want to learn history without being reminded African Americans have been shit on for centuries". All you're doing is admitting that you've lost and you know it.

Jailing is a step too far but...why would we want children at drag shows?

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Jailing is a step too far but...why would we want children at drag shows?
    Why do we want children at any entertainment performance?