I hate the “meta” Vezax strat

I probably just don’t understand it, but how is having so many people clumped up on the sides of a puddle good for DPS?

Mark of the Faceless heals for 100,000 a tick (on 10 man) and

You’re constantly moving out of shadow crash because the whole fin raid is clumped up.

I mean if you’re gonna spend half the time not DPSing, might as well spread out and avoid Mark.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I dunno, I did a 10-man pug where everyone just spread out and used their own shadow crash only and the boss didn't heal at all and we one shot it.

See a lot of people wiping trying to brute force it like that when they don't have the gear or capable players for it.

Definitely a boss that actually got harder from 2009 to 2023 because everyone in 2023 has to be in the shadow crash at all times, especially if they have mark of the faceless, to get their warcraftlogs number.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2023-02-03 at 10:27 AM.

So more range can dps per shadow crash. The healing from mark isn't that bad if people move out fast and you use a healing debuff on the boss.

your group sucks. get good.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I probably just don’t understand it, but how is having so many people clumped up on the sides of a puddle good for DPS?

You’re constantly moving out of shadow crash because the whole fin raid is clumped up.

I mean if you’re gonna spend half the time not DPSing, might as well spread out and avoid Mark.
    Practice for Hardmode - you're not going to be dpsing outside of shadow crash at all - especially when animus hits.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Yes it requires a bit more micromanagement from the ranged dps, and whilst it certainly isn't necessary to kill the boss even on I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning 25, it speeds the fight up significantly and makes the animus phase a lot shorter and thus easier to manage. It's an optimal strategy, so why not use it?

It's not that bad.... Dodge shadow crash, spends mana resources while in black pools. Oh yeah, watch your threats. This is how i greeded for raw damage little too much HEy it's fun!

Having one camp on 25man is bad, split them up.

In 10man, it's whatever, altough splitting yourself up within the camp also minimizes movement, you don't need to move (as much) if someone on the far right gets hit if you stand on the far left.

10+ Year Old Account
    you cant dps without the puddle lmfao, youll oom in 3 seconds, no to mention the wild haste buff it gives

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    you cant dps without the puddle lmfao, youll oom in 3 seconds, no to mention the wild haste buff it gives
    I don't think anyone is saying to dps outside the puddle. They're just saying if you stack the whole raid up and don't have a mortal strike on 10-man every mark will be healing the boss for 500,000-1 million and it's not worth it some dps will just have to wand waiting for a puddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying to dps outside the puddle. They're just saying if you stack the whole raid up and don't have a mortal strike on 10-man every mark will be healing the boss for 500,000-1 million and it's not worth it some dps will just have to wand waiting for a puddle.
    we have the whole raid using the same puddle on 25m with no problem

That's a pretty different situation than a bad 10-man pug where you just want the boss to die and don't have a mortal strike debuff.

But don't the ranged just constantly have to move out of every shadow crash?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    That's a pretty different situation than a bad 10-man pug where you just want the boss to die and don't have a mortal strike debuff.
    well its HM, you dont get a kill from a rando pug where u "just want the boss to die". and my point was 25m theres more targets to leech from and more healing per tick.

But don't the ranged just constantly have to move out of every shadow crash?
    yes, welcome to vezax lol

well its HM, you dont get a kill from a rando pug where u "just want the boss to die". and my point was 25m theres more targets to leech from and more healing per tick.

yes, welcome to vezax lol
    The healing per tick is the same on 10 and 25. Also the thread didn't specify hard mode or not.

But yeah of course on 25's in a guild group two groups is the way to go.

I dunno about one group, fastest kill on logs is two: https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/rep...53&view=replay
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2023-02-10 at 12:33 PM.

1 or 2 groups of ranged is the most optimized strat.
    How would you succeed otherwise?
    Do you want have range dps spread around and loose DPS as only a few of them would get shadowcrash pool?

So many people have so much trouble with thiss boss and i fucking don't understand that.
    This is probably one of the easiest HMs imho.

Last night on 25m HM I had ~80% uptime on standing puddle as Demo Lock. We split ranged into 2 groups on 10m as well, the goal for every ranged should be to have 60% or more uptime of puddle debuff and doing damage while inside of it. Even with the constant moving, which if done correctly only 1 side really needs to move and not everyone, you can still stand in it a lot.

Druids and Priests are the only ranged that have to worry about being super quick about getting out with the Mark debuff. Warlock can portal to gateway, Mage can Blink, Hunter can Disengage, etc,. or if you get unlucky and get it before the above CDs are available again there's still rocket boots from Engineering. A few ticks of healing is easily outweighed by again having the 60% or higher uptime of your ranged DPS.

This will be needed for HM, so it's good practice to do it on Normal unless you have no plans to ever do HM. In which case, just spread out in groups of 1-2 to help overlap pools a tiny bit, but keep Mark healing to the absolute minimum.