Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    seems like you are in a wrong guild then if they dont take you in .
    Well - there are no others, I've looked and found none - so I stay because I still get scraps.

should have changed that guild long ago .
    Being in a guild where I get scraps is better than being in no guild at all.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I like pugging, cant hear the nagging. Like I do on discord with my premade group

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    But only the few are complaining about it, relative to the number of people playing. I won't blame the game or the community.
    I don't know if the person complaining (the OP) has any disabilities, they just wanted to vent I suppose.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustykeyboard View Post
    I like pugging, cant hear the nagging. Like I do on discord with my premade group
    True. If I do some shit in a guild group, I'm pretty stressed out. If I do some shit in a pug...fuck 'em, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You sound like those billionaires that think that all 100% of the population can be in the top 1%.

In our guild, around 5 of the 40 or so regular players are lucky enough to get regular M+ runs.
    As for raiding, apart from a few runs in an alt run - I'm not allowed to raid due to my disability.

There is around 1 healer for every 5-7 dps - that means that just by the maths, half the dps won't be getting regular runs (1 healer for 3 runs).

So - just because you are lucky doesn't mean everyone is - that's the whole definition of lucky.
    Comparing becoming a billionaire to making friends is completely asinine and I think you know that, often when you need to go to such extreme examples to defend your point of view it means your point of view is flawed.

I don't doubt there are many people who struggle to find groups to play with, but I truely believe this is because there are many people unwilling to put the effort into finding groups. They would rather put in no effort then complain about it. Yes your right your guild will likely not have enough healers to support the amount of DPS but as I have said there are many avenues outside of your guild to search for players.

Now, if you have a mental disability and that is why you struggle that's a completely different conversation one of which I can't give any input on. If your saying I am lucky because I am not disabled, I suppose that is true. I'm also lucky to be born in a first world country etc. But that isn't the debate we was having and to bring that up mid-way through a conversation would be like having a conversation on someones ability to run, them trying to say "you just need to get started, try jogging first" only to reveal later you don't actually have legs.

I'm sorry for your situation, but the debate was about peoples ability to find groups and it isn't luck that lead me to find people to play with. It's effort and humility. The fact I haven't got other barries such as mental disability is a completely different subject.

I'm not a "top 1%" infact it's the opposite. If I were part of the 1% it would be much harder to find people because there's so few people in the same boat as me. I am part of the 99%, which makes it so easy to find other people to play with.

To put it plainly, I am not lucky. Your unlucky.
    Last edited by Fitsu; 2023-02-08 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What kind of guild are you wanting to join that raids 5 days a week??? Even cutting edge guilds don't do that. My guild raids 1 single night a week, and we clear heroic in 1.5 hours rotating in alts every week so we still get gear. If you can't make time for a 1 or 2 night a week guild then I'd suggest quitting gaming entirely because you clearly don't have the time management skills necessary to enjoy yourself.
    What a rookie numbers, my guild raid one hour each year and we clear every single game in that time frame, maybe work on your time managment because you need to pump those numbers up.

Being in a guild where I get scraps is better than being in no guild at all.

i know that some people look for spot in m+ premade groups on other media - like facebook - maybe try to join some warcraft group there and find likeminded people there ?

i mean i assume you are a grown up - do we honestly have to teach you how to look for people with similiar goals online ?

Made it to 2k rating in m+ with 99% of the runs being pugging. Just me, doing my key or getting invited to grps I sign up for. Have there been assholes? Yes. Have there been quitters mid run? Yes. Have there been people in higher keys that do SHITE dmg? Yes. Have there been people who are toxic and intentionally ruin runs? Yes.

But, i've still made it to 2k on my own and thanks to the players that I had successfull runs with. Most runs are actually just fine. My approach has been:

1. Come prepeared. Everything that makes your character stronger, make sure its done(flasks, enchant, food+++).
    2. Push your own key and try joining other grps.
    3. Go in with a open mind and not get meltdown everytime a run fails. When it happens, it is what it is. Nothing to be done about it except move on.
    4. Be friendly towards ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Comparing becoming a billionaire to making friends is completely asinine
    I'm sorry you missed the point, however I was in fact making the point that pretending all 100% of any group can all be in the top x% is itself asinine.

My point therefore is that assuming everyone is as fortunate with friends as the person who is most lucky is in fact a stupid assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

i know that some people look for spot in m+ premade groups on other media - like facebook - maybe try to join some warcraft group there and find likeminded people there ?
    Looked on the blizz forums, discord servers, facebook etc - not a single bite - lots of views, but no-one is interested.

This is the life I have - I make the most of it, but trying to alter other person's attitudes towards mental illness is a lost cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Made it to 2k rating in m+ with 99% of the runs being pugging.
    Well - lucky you, I guess you are a tank or healer ? DPS pugging M+ is like finding TP at the start of covid

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What a rookie numbers, my guild raid one hour each year and we clear every single game in that time frame, maybe work on your time managment because you need to pump those numbers up.
    That would be a funny comeback if what I said wasn't reasonable and true. Don't overextend or you wont enjoy what you are doing, it's literally that simple.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

ITT: people with social aversion syndromes complain about social games

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    ITT: people with social aversion syndromes complain about social games
    How do you know the OP has any social aversions ? Just curious ?

I'm sorry you missed the point, however I was in fact making the point that pretending all 100% of any group can all be in the top x% is itself asinine.

My point therefore is that assuming everyone is as fortunate with friends as the person who is most lucky is in fact a stupid assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked on the blizz forums, discord servers, facebook etc - not a single bite - lots of views, but no-one is interested.

This is the life I have - I make the most of it, but trying to alter other person's attitudes towards mental illness is a lost cause.
    But by calling me the "1%", the billionaire your implying I am the odd one out when infact I am the 99%. From what I can see, you seem to have shifted your point from "it's hard to maintain social groups" to "it's hard to maintain social groups if you have a mental disability", which is a completely different point that nobody is arguing against.

So I guess we are in agreement? Mental disability makes maintaining social interactions harder but if you do not have a mental disability then it isn't luck that will help you build social groups but effort and humility.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    when infact I am the 99%.
    You are in fact - NOT.

I imagine within your closed group of people that are lucky enough to get frequent groups that you feel that way.

I'm sure that 99% of people at a millionaire's club are millionaires too.

Until you have experienced the other side - you have literally no idea what is going on there.

PS: I stop reading your comment after the first objectively incorrect statement, because I assume that your argument is coherent and thus depends on prior statements to achieve a position, thus, if your first statement is wrong - the rest will not hold water.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2023-02-08 at 02:37 PM.

How do you know the OP has any social aversions ? Just curious ?
    I'm not referring to the OP

I'm not referring to the OP
    To whom are you referring?

I love pugging. I have no desire to commit to any set raid schedule or set group. It gives me the flexibility to hop in and hop out of raids at my own convenience, and even find groups to kill any specific raid boss at any time on my own schedule.

The price of this convenience is:

1. people will come and go at any time without explanation.
    2. you can be kicked at any time without explanation.
    3. groups may fail miserably.
    4. groups can fall apart at any time.
    5. you can be declined invites for any reason.

sounds fine by me.

To whom are you referring?
    figure it out yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I love pugging. I have no desire to commit to any set raid schedule or set group. It gives me the flexibility to hop in and hop out of raids at my own convenience, and even find groups to kill any specific raid boss at any time on my own schedule.

The price of this convenience is:

1. people will come and go at any time without explanation.
    2. you can be kicked at any time without explanation.
    3. groups may fail miserably.
    4. groups can fall apart at any time.
    5. you can be declined invites for any reason.

sounds fine by me.
    exactly this.
    choosing to opt out is also a fine choice.

figure it out yourself
    Well - the OP is the only one I've seen complaining, so that's the only candidate at this point.

Thanks for clarifying that it is the OP you are referring to.

Well - the OP is the only one I've seen complaining, so that's the only candidate at this point.

Thanks for clarifying that it is the OP you are referring to.
    You're wrong but I'm not going to correct you; people with reading comprehension will understand my point.