Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Unpopular Opinions you have on things?

What are some unpopular opinions you have on some things that have happened recently or in the past 5 years. [No politics].

Here are some of mine,

Velma the Show is not that bad as people make it out to be. It's a mediocre show just as much as other new shows. While there are obvious changes that clearly upset fans the show itself outweighs the bad.

World of Warcraft changed the standard for gaming as much as Super Mario and Pac-Man did. From its immersive open world questing since vanilla to exploring a large and diverse world to its detailed cinematics this has spawned several children and grandchildren. If Everquest crawled then WoW walked to open the doors so other games like FF14, SWTOR, GW2, and even out of genre games like Fortnite, could run. Yes, Fortnite.

HipHop/Rap Music is on its way to becoming the most popular genre in the world if it already isn't. It's also the most influential music genre of our time. So much has birthed from HipHop: Trap, Kpop, Emo Rap, Bounce, Drill, Club, Latin Rap, Lofi, Hick-Hop(Country Rap), Boom Bap, and many many more. Many pop artists are already switching over and experimenting.

There's nothing wrong with being lazy in today's society when it's being made to simplify things for you in almost everything from smart devices to robots to AI. If you aren't taking advantage of this and are being fooled by feeling bad for not doing things harder then you're doing things wrong. Things are becoming easy, minimal, and dedicated to ease your quality of life. So yes, buy that air-fryer. Buy the car that can drive on pilot and watch TV as you drive. Buy the robot vacuums. Buy the mirror that tells you the news when you brush your teeth in front of it. Buy that couch that warms up your butt and massages your back while wirelessly charging your phone instead of taking ten steps to plug into the wall socket.

Funerals are a waste of time and cause just as emotional damage as hearing the news of someone passing. Most people burst into tears seeing their deceased loved one in a casket. They are used to manipulate people's emotions into stealing their insurance money. You don't need a funeral either to bury your loved one.

What are some of your unpopular opinions?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Wearing socks with sandals is highly practical. My soles sweat, making the sandals slippery; socks soak it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldi brand pizza rolls taste better then Totino's and other "name brands"
    Star Wars and Star Trek both suck.
    Suicide IS the answer if you feel it is right for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

you don't have to use fresh garlic or herbs in cooking. garlic powder and dried herbs work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    you don't have to use fresh garlic or herbs in cooking. garlic powder and dried herbs work just fine.
    They do. One simply has to adjust the quantity and understand it is a different flavor profile among dried and fresh aromatics.

There is a lot of BS and dogma around cooking that I don't agree with at all. A lot of myths as well. Many of which were repeated by my peers. Chefs don't often know why something works, they just do it because of scale or habit.

Telling a home cook how to make risotto or lasagne as a restaurant would is nonsense.

My unpopular opinion: kids shouldn't be taken everywhere. I'm a mom and I just shake my head at why other parents brought their children along when neither the kids nor parents are having a good time. Stay home or go somewhere else together. Taking your kids to the nail salon or to see a 3-hour movie for adults is stupid.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-02-08 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Funerals are a waste of time and cause just as emotional damage as hearing the news of someone passing. Most people burst into tears seeing their deceased loved one in a casket. They are used to manipulate people's emotions into stealing their insurance money. You don't need a funeral either to bury your loved one.
    That's a cultural thing. I don't remember where but elsewhere they make a happy party out of it with mindset send the relative off with a bang. I think was somewhere in africa.

here's mine:
    Dead internet theory will likely become fully implemented in future. Its the logical next step after shadowbanning. I'm looking forward to discovering what the counter reaction will be.

7+ Year Old Account
    I continue to think that The Lord of the Rings movies sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dub is better than sub.
    I'm for the death penalty in the case of murder in the first degree and can be proven with irrefutable evidence.
    Women aren't hard to understand. Honestly humans in general aren't hard to understand.
    Being a Democrat.(I live in Georgia so it's very unpopular.)
    Cable T.V. is dead. Stop trying to keep it alive.
    News should be boring, not entertaining. Same goes for Science.

I never liked nor loved the country I was born in and live in. Its people are too rude, too direct, too loud for me.. also boring ''nature'' and the lack of said nature. The only saving grace is: it has old buildings, and a few other pointers. If I could have immigrated I would have done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratatouille, the Pixar film, is just okay.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Velma isnt bad its boring which is worse imo xd

I genuinely dislike the narcisism in rap and hip hop. Yeah yeah we get you have a lot of money and women. You dont nees to make the 12th album abt it

Edit: Forgot to add. Separsting the art from the artist is kinda lame. You can have diff takes on a piece and stil acknowledge their creator
    Last edited by NED funded; 2023-02-09 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    So true, I'm not a big fan of garlic powder. During Christmas I made garlic butter, but instead of using fresh/raw garlic I made garlic confit and used that instead. My entire family really loved it. and while it was nice it reminded me of the thing I don't like about garlic powder, so next time I'm using fresh garlic again. In dishes that require cooking that's a completely different story. esp. if you're not a really good/experienced cook.

If your dish requires you too chop up onions and garlic and fry it a little at the start before adding other ingredients (like with a lot of fresh curries) and you let it sit for just a little too long you'll lose most of the flavors you're after and just end up with fried garlic fritters (which would be perfect for an aglio e olio but would be completely wasted in a curry). In that case it would serve you much better to use the garlic powder at the end to finish up the seasoning of the dish.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2023-02-09 at 04:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pineapple on Pizza is the best! I always get it even though I know my flatmates hate it.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    So true, I'm not a big fan of garlic powder. During Christmas I made garlic butter, but instead of using fresh/raw garlic I made garlic confit and used that instead. My entire family really loved it. and while it was nice it reminded me of the thing I don't like about garlic powder, so next time I'm using fresh garlic again. In dishes that require cooking that's a completely different story. esp. if you're not a really good/experienced cook.

If your dish requires you too chop up onions and garlic and fry it a little at the start before adding other ingredients (like with a lot of fresh curries) and you let it sit for just a little too long you'll lose most of the flavors you're after and just end up with fried garlic fritters (which would be perfect for an aglio e olio but would be completely wasted in a curry). In that case it would serve you much better to use the garlic powder at the end to finish up the seasoning of the dish.
    underlined and bolded is basically why my opinion is unpopular. you do not have to be inexperienced or bad at cooking to do just fine with garlic powder or dried herbs! you can accomplish delicious food and interesting flavor profiles.

do you know why I use them? because its easier and faster and because they do not spoil as quickly as fresh ingredients. because I only have so much energy to spend in a day, and if having to deal with extra chopping or crushing or whatever prevents me from cooking because it uses up energy I need for something else? then it defeats the purpose.

and on that note - frozen fruits and veggies are perfectly good. its not the same texture as fresh, but its still good texture, they still taste good AND.. once again, you are not limited as much how quickly you have to use them up, as they last longer. AND unless you are getting your produce from a farmers market or growing it yourself - they are more nutritious then "fresh" stuff that had to travel for days to get to you.

and following along the same lines - canned legumes are great! humus and falafel tastes great with canned chickpeas, for example and is much easier and faster to make that way. the only real benefit IMO that dried legumes have over canned? price. they are cheaper.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2023-02-09 at 05:25 AM.

Black Panther is weirdly overrated. It was an okay MCU actionfest, nothing more.

I don't like driving. I'm able to just fine, but I simply don't like it. Can't wait for autonomous cars to reach the level they can be fully relied on.

I don't really get bored of a dish, can eat something I generally like for weeks on end. Did so last year, having macaroni casserole for lunch basically every work day. It's inexpensive, simple to make, easy to carry with me to work, and has that comfort food quality to it. Not very nutritious, but I balance it with what I eat at home.

Fine dining sucks. The portions are often too small and the cost way too expensive for me to really enjoy the food. And even though I generally like the company of my friends I don't really care for table discussions, as if the topic doesn't interest me it's not like I can leave and see what others are talking about. I'll be stuck where I sit, having to engage with something I don't care about or zone out. While paying through the nose for it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

You don't need to be a hobo to eat food straight from the can, especially baked beans.

Loyalty/fanatism to a team or celebrity, who don't know you even exist, is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Byleth View Post
    Pineapple on Pizza is the best! I always get it even though I know my flatmates hate it.
    Heathen
    Last edited by Daedius; 2023-02-09 at 10:52 AM.

Steve Irwin was a moron whose fatal flaw was that he just couldn't stop molesting animals that would've preferred to be left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Steve Irwin was a moron whose fatal flaw was that he just couldn't stop molesting animals that would've preferred to be left alone.
    He died as he lived, with an animal in his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I genuinely dislike the narcisism in rap and hip hop. Yeah yeah we get you have a lot of money and women. You dont nees to make the 12th album abt it
    Rap/hip hop has for the most part devolved into incomprehensible garbage.

anyone to the right of social democracy should be [redacted]
    ACAB includes all Australians
    Dogs are objectively superior to cats
    Men under 6ft should have to work jobs suited to their height and not have free speech(jockeys or picking vegetables in fields)
    Firefly sucked
    Tomato Ketchup is the worst condiment
    Dark chocolate is the best chocolate
    All baths should be replaced for big showers
    Most swimming pools are rubbish, only lap pools are good
    Golf should be banned