Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vault of the Incarnates Horde Hall of Fame is Now Full

Vault of the Incarnates Horde Hall of Fame is Now Full
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Horde Hall of Fame for Vault of the Incarnates has now been filled with the first 100 guilds to defeat Mythic Raszageth. Congratulations to all players who earned a spot in the annals of raiding history this season!

As of this post, 25 Alliance guilds have defeated Mythic Raszageth, leaving 75 available spots for Alliance guilds to claim their fame in history. Please note that we are aware and are working on a fix for the Hall of Fame webpage not updating recently to reflect this information.

Good luck champions!

thank gawd i mean alliance was about to pull it's first full win but the Horde like always managed to out shine again ! well done !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phagelives View Post
    thank gawd i mean alliance was about to pull it's first full win but the Horde like always managed to out shine again ! well done !!!!
    I mean why not the horde. They have all the cool racials, and alliance doesn't. So it will ALWAYS be the horde
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Why wow story don't reflects horde domination and we are sidekicks to allys heroes?
    Last edited by Danuel; 2023-02-10 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I mean why not the horde. They have all the cool racials, and alliance doesn't. So it will ALWAYS be the horde
    Nah. There were actually quite a few decent Alliance PvE guilds up until Cata/MoP. That's when Blizzard let Horde racials stay better than anything on the Alliance side for two entire expansions so many guilds swapped factions. The raiding population imbalance has never really recovered from it which is why it is the way it is today.

Cross Faction Guilds when?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much movement is required in mythic raiding to avoid shit, so racials like Goblin rocket boost or w/e are king.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Nah. There were actually quite a few decent Alliance PvE guilds up until Cata/MoP. That's when Blizzard let Horde racials stay better than anything on the Alliance side for two entire expansions so many guilds swapped factions. The raiding population imbalance has never really recovered from it which is why it is the way it is today.
    Same happend in wod for pvp. Leaderboard was 90% alliance in top 100 cause of human racial and nightelfs. They had to make a horde only cut off for glad. But they atleast fixed the racial imbalance by now. Hope they do it for pve too

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Same happend in wod for pvp. Leaderboard was 90% alliance in top 100 cause of human racial and nightelfs. They had to make a horde only cut off for glad. But they atleast fixed the racial imbalance by now. Hope they do it for pve too
    The class balance for PvE is fine at the moment, really. The thing is, most of the succesful, long standing guilds are horde because they were made horde back in the day both to have better racials, and to have a larger player pool to draw from, why would they go through an expensive and inconvenient faction change just to remain even at best?

The way forward is cross facction guilds and raids from day 1, not 3 months after season. That will eventually kind of even the number of horde vs alliance characters in high tiers, because then your race will be a personal choice, not a mandatory requirement to raid succesfully at all.

I dont play Retail anymore. But cant you play with Alliance and Horde together now? So why the 2 Lists?

Quote Originally Posted by supermany2 View Post
    I dont play Retail anymore. But cant you play with Alliance and Horde together now? So why the 2 Lists?
    You can only non-mythic raids ... because that's how blizz likes to do things. Guess the world will end if they allow cross-realm/faction mythic raiding right from the start. Can you imagine all those pugs clearing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You can only non-mythic raids ... because that's how blizz likes to do things. Guess the world will end if they allow cross-realm/faction mythic raiding right from the start. Can you imagine all those pugs clearing it?
    The more accessible raiding becomes, the less "exclusive" it is, and the less the weirdos will attribute their sense of self worth to it. Post shadowlands, WoW needs to conserve all the weirdo diehards they can because we're basically all that's left. Dragonflight is a good start in bringing back the normal players but it will take a lot of time to rebuild all the lost trust.

In the mean time, all these silly arbitrary rules will remain in place so that we can maintain our sense of big fishery in the small pond that WoWs become.

Cross faction has been available.

Cross server is the only thing that was missing. Had to be the same server for cross faction to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The more accessible raiding becomes, the less "exclusive" it is, and the less the weirdos will attribute their sense of self worth to it. Post shadowlands, WoW needs to conserve all the weirdo diehards they can because we're basically all that's left. Dragonflight is a good start in bringing back the normal players but it will take a lot of time to rebuild all the lost trust.

In the mean time, all these silly arbitrary rules will remain in place so that we can maintain our sense of big fishery in the small pond that WoWs become.
    Honestly, this is more likely the case of "too little, too late" when it comes to the cross-faction feature. At this point in the game, the raiding scene is so lopsided in terms of faction coming into all of this that the die has already been cast, and even expanding cross-faction to mythic raiding would only have a minor effect (especially if you can't have cross-faction guilds).

I would not downplay that raiding, especially mythic raiding, has been subject to silly arbitrary rules for so long that Blizz cannot affect it unless something major changes to shift the player sentiment. However, something that large would require drastic changes to mythic raiding and raiding itself similar to (or maybe larger than) events as when mythic raiding was introduced. Basically, you'd need to have a raid size, raid difficulty, and/or design/restriction changes to raiding and the game itself to where the status quo has to change, and even that has no guarantee of causing great shifts unless it was a massive change.

All this being said, the HoF was introduced with the goal of balancing the factions in the raiding scene according to Blizz. Obviously it didn't achieve this goal, I don't think any rational person would've expected the HoF to even make a dent in faction balance even though Blizz apparently did. The real question is does it even serve a purpose at this point, or even if it causes more harm than good (especially since it's completion has typically been used to enact blanket raid nerfs and other raid adjustments). If anything, HoF has always felt like another aspect of the game that holds the game hostage for a larger audience, otherwise there'd be no need to make adjustments to the game based upon when HoF gets filled up or not. Until Blizz actually addresses this issue of adjusting/throttling changes to the game seemingly (or literally) in favor the extreme minority of players at the expense of the larger player base who are affected by said changes, I would not expect anything meaningful to change to the raiding scene and the game as a whole.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

They need to simply do away with factions. They're an outdated concept in a modern game. Have a system where you "pledge your allegiance" (like Wrathion/Sabellian) to either the Horde or Alliance, and that controls what cosmetics you have access to. But other than that, it's a free for all with all players in one pool.
    It'd be a radical change, but I think it needs to happen. Yes, the 20 people who like shouting For the Horde/For the Alliance at Blizzcon will get angry, but it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Honestly, this is more likely the case of "too little, too late" when it comes to the cross-faction feature. At this point in the game, the raiding scene is so lopsided in terms of faction coming into all of this that the die has already been cast, and even expanding cross-faction to mythic raiding would only have a minor effect (especially if you can't have cross-faction guilds).

I would not downplay that raiding, especially mythic raiding, has been subject to silly arbitrary rules for so long that Blizz cannot affect it unless something major changes to shift the player sentiment. However, something that large would require drastic changes to mythic raiding and raiding itself similar to (or maybe larger than) events as when mythic raiding was introduced. Basically, you'd need to have a raid size, raid difficulty, and/or design/restriction changes to raiding and the game itself to where the status quo has to change, and even that has no guarantee of causing great shifts unless it was a massive change.

All this being said, the HoF was introduced with the goal of balancing the factions in the raiding scene according to Blizz. Obviously it didn't achieve this goal, I don't think any rational person would've expected the HoF to even make a dent in faction balance even though Blizz apparently did. The real question is does it even serve a purpose at this point, or even if it causes more harm than good (especially since it's completion has typically been used to enact blanket raid nerfs and other raid adjustments). If anything, HoF has always felt like another aspect of the game that holds the game hostage for a larger audience, otherwise there'd be no need to make adjustments to the game based upon when HoF gets filled up or not. Until Blizz actually addresses this issue of adjusting/throttling changes to the game seemingly (or literally) in favor the extreme minority of players at the expense of the larger player base who are affected by said changes, I would not expect anything meaningful to change to the raiding scene and the game as a whole.
    I hate that you speak truth in this post. It's the reason for these days I don't feel more than a tingle of accomplishment when I get CE. A few expansions back there were 10 million players, then getting Realm First or HoF meant something. Now there is not even 1/10th off that, and getting HoF basically means you landed with a guild that are generally not drooling idiots and hopefully you're only carrying a couple of people that are the GM's bf/gf.

It's what it is. WoW has made too many mistakes, and while I do like DF, Vault of the Incarnates is a dull raid with dull lore, and it's hard to imagine it will get better at any point.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2023-02-10 at 07:06 PM.

Cross faction was available on day 1 in the mythic raid. World first Echo had void elves in their team among the horde mains. They just didn't switch on day 1 because it messes with lockouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    They need to simply do away with factions. They're an outdated concept in a modern game. Have a system where you "pledge your allegiance" (like Wrathion/Sabellian) to either the Horde or Alliance, and that controls what cosmetics you have access to. But other than that, it's a free for all with all players in one pool.
    It'd be a radical change, but I think it needs to happen. Yes, the 20 people who like shouting For the Horde/For the Alliance at Blizzcon will get angry, but it's time to move on.
    I actually agree with this, and I used to be a diehard faction warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Definitely. They do way more harm than good in pretty much every way. Hard to justify it for lore reasons when even in lore there are hardly any real differences between them and they always end up working together anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Definitely. They do way more harm than good in pretty much every way. Hard to justify it for lore reasons when even in lore there are hardly any real differences between them and they always end up working together anyway.

Imagine the day that we get crossfaction everything (chromietime for faction with customization for 2nd faction?), lifted mog restrictions, nelf paladins, accountwide everything (reputations etc), and a reasonable way to grind mogs and mounts that have been FOMO'd.