Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Apparently it set the record of the single player most played on steam
    Nah, they have extremely impressive numbers to be sure, but it's not really close to what Cyberpunk 2077 pulled with their peak numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah, they have extremely impressive numbers to be sure, but it's not really close to what Cyberpunk 2077 pulled with their peak numbers.
    Weird, maybe i mixed up things.

But they got like 1.28m on twitch, that record at least is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Weird, maybe i mixed up things.

But they got like 1.28m on twitch, that record at least is true.
    Glad you posted this. I thought I read the similar headlines about steam numbers. I looked it up.

It got up to the #2 place . Nearly 500k vs the cyberpunk 1 million (I'm rounding). Elden ring nearly hit 1 million, but it doesn't technically count because it has multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    lol....and still its a 10 out of 10....

game is indeed fun. But over hyped, buggy and not nearly as good as other open world games. I really missing something that people think this is on par with the witcher 3, rdr2, gta 5, zelda breath of the wild etc....

Like for me it feels ( what you can do, and how it plays etc) and buggyness as a cyberpunk at best.
    It's less than cyberpunk for me with all the release bugs. It's still the best HP game out there so far but as an open world rpg it's still a slightly above average game for me. It's overhyped due to a bunch of reasons but hey, as long as people are having fun. That's the point of games anyway.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Another reminder to please keep discussion on the game itself, there are folks who actually want to talk about it. This is the videogame forum, and there are plenty of other places on the internet to have those discussions. Thanks y'all.
    Edge a question here. How about problematic instances that are IN the game?
    https://www.thegamer.com/hogwarts-le...-antisemitism/
    If you want to develop in a problematic IP you can try to retcon some events or at least try to NOT feature them. Why feature an event like this though? It's sad how many fantasy universes just default in using their goblins in this manner but perhaps it is because of how codified antisemitic stereotypes are that even subconscuously Western devs will replicate and project them on specific fantasy races.

Anyone else feel it was falsly advertised? Like it seemed to me this was more a "Hogwarts student simulator" with it being about you being a student at the school.

Not, start when you're a teenager multiple years in with souls-like combat as the main focus and no stuff like, Quidditch, house points, or specialized learning.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Anyone else feel it was falsly advertised? Like it seemed to me this was more a "Hogwarts student simulator" with it being about you being a student at the school.

Not, start when you're a teenager multiple years in with souls-like combat as the main focus and no stuff like, Quidditch, house points, or specialized learning.
    I mean if you did follow the difference announcements down the line they did make it clear all those things would not be in, did they not? But yeah, I also feel you are largely right and people did expect it to be more of a sandbox at Hogwarts with all the expected activities, at least early on.
    Which ofc may just have been carved out during development for future DLC material.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if you did follow the difference announcements down the line they did make it clear all those things would not be in, did they not? But yeah, I also feel you are largely right and people did expect it to be more of a sandbox at Hogwarts with all the expected activities, at least early on.
    Which ofc may just have been carved out during development for future DLC material.
    I mean for people just casually watching it. The vast majority of people, myself included, werent watching all the little announcements. They were looking at the major trailers and ads for the game which make it seem like "BE A STUDENT AT HOGWARTS LIKE IN THE BOOKS" and not "Its a straight up action game like assassins creed but with wands"

I mean for people just casually watching it. The vast majority of people, myself included, werent watching all the little announcements. They were looking at the major trailers and ads for the game which make it seem like "BE A STUDENT AT HOGWARTS LIKE IN THE BOOKS" and not "Its a straight up action game like assassins creed but with wands"
    Yeah you are largely right. Heck I'd kind of expect the victory condition to be helping your House win the annual cup.

Yeah you are largely right. Heck I'd kind of expect the victory condition to be helping your House win the annual cup.
    What people wanted and assumed and many still assume, this would be:

Persona 4 Harry Potter edition with you starting year 1 and building your character around its interests with lots of mini games like quidditch or trial and error potion making or animal raising with you gaining house points based on how well you do.

What we got: Hogwarts Creed: Legacy

What people wanted and assumed and many still assume, this would be:

Persona 4 Harry Potter edition with you starting year 1 and building your character around its interests with lots of mini games like quidditch or trial and error potion making or animal raising with you gaining house points based on how well you do.

What we got: Hogwarts Creed: Legacy
    Yup, spend 7 years, with more complex courses and practices as you advanced and have story events happen that help keep thing from just a grindy routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Loving the game so far my only problem is the targeting system loves to switch targets when i have an enemy up in the air ready to combo it decides to target an enemy 30 feet behind it.
    There is an option to enable direction aiming, although that's nice early game it doesn't work as well later on with more enemies. I suggest the dodge talent, to reposition so everything is in front and get used to using the lock on for specific targets.

7+ Year Old Account
    For people saying there is no differences between houses:

There is a slightly difference in the main quest related to your house, at least from what i saw so far, if you are gryffindor, you need to find one of the ghosts to lead you to the missing pages, so you do a quest with the gryfindor Ghost Nick, so he can introduce you to said ghost.

If your are huffle-puff though, you receive the quest from a painting of the Diggory(?) ancestor, and you go to fucking Azkaban to talk to someone who was put there by mistake, insane, you even see the dementors

At least from what i spotted so far, i dunno if its indeed locked from the houses or it need another variable.

- - - Updated - - -

It was always featured as something like a souls-like.... a proper HP RPG, it would not make nearly as much success as a "student simulator".

It actually deliver more, way more than i expected

Quidditch was probably cut cause it would need way more time and effort to make it in a good way.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Falsely advertised? Wut. They made it very clear what the game was from day 1.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

So far I'm pleasantly surprised by the game.
    Wasn't interested initially, but since then (the last few days) I haven't been able to avoid information on the game and the more I heard to more I liked what I've heard.

Runs very well on my machine, even defaulted to ULTRA and works great. Didn't expect that.

Got into Ravenclaw, combat seems fun.
    We'll see what happens.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Edge a question here. How about problematic instances that are IN the game?
    https://www.thegamer.com/hogwarts-le...-antisemitism/
    If you want to develop in a problematic IP you can try to retcon some events or at least try to NOT feature them. Why feature an event like this though? It's sad how many fantasy universes just default in using their goblins in this manner but perhaps it is because of how codified antisemitic stereotypes are that even subconscuously Western devs will replicate and project them on specific fantasy races.
    As a jew i would like to remind you that
    a. Not all of us are small, in fact we are an extremely diverse group as one would expect after several millennia.
    b. The nose thing is actually Armenian, like less than 10% of the jews have it. (though it is also sometimes argued that it references the capacity to grow to very old age while remaining relatively functional)
    c. Most jews were and are closer to destitute than obscenely rich, there is however a natural emphasis on being frugal due to rather obvious cultural experiences of needing to have reserves or other back-ups to draw from.

Also we tend to have a sense of perspective and humor, thus we can determine pretty accurately whether something is done in malice.

Please refrain from putting words in the mouths of others, as you are doing by complaining on "our behalf".

Such moral masturbation is highly disgusting and reminds more of the actual social manipulations involved in the horrors of the nazis than some goblins (heyyy) in a videogame ever did.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-02-11 at 01:28 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Man, Soulslike sure is losing all meaning as a descriptor if people are unironically using it in any shape or form to describe this game. Jesus Christ. It has a enemy health bar on screen and has a dodge button, the similarities end there if people think this makes a game soulslike please go actually play a souls game.

10+ Year Old Account
    how to get the merlin cloak exclusive from twitch? i got the 4 items from watching, but it doesnt count for the cloak
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    As a jew i would like to remind you that
    a. Not all of us are small, in fact we are an extremely diverse group as one would expect after several millennia.
    b. The nose thing is actually Armenian, like less than 10% of the jews have it. (though it is also sometimes argued that it references the capacity to grow to very old age while remaining relatively functional)
    c. Most jews were and are closer to destitute than obscenely rich, there is however a natural emphasis on being frugal due to rather obvious cultural experiences of needing to have reserves or other back-ups to draw from.

Also we tend to have a sense of perspective and humor, thus we can determine pretty accurately whether something is done in malice.

Please refrain from putting words in the mouths of others, as you are doing by complaining on "our behalf".

Such moral masturbation is highly disgusting and reminds more of the actual social manipulations involved in the horrors of the nazis than some goblins (heyyy) in a videogame ever did.
    While I do understand there has always been a lot of outcry from the Jewish community regarding the HP Goblins and pretending there isnt is just dishonest to an extreme. As you said, there are all sorts of Jews, so of course not all of them will find offense to this, but that doesn't mean the concerns are unfounded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Man, Soulslike sure is losing all meaning as a descriptor if people are unironically using it in any shape or form to describe this game. Jesus Christ. It has a enemy health bar on screen and has a dodge button, the similarities end there if people think this makes a game soulslike please go actually play a souls game.
    Yeah, I saw that getting posted everywhere and it's incredibly confusing. People have completely associated dodging enemy attacks with a dedicated button as "souls-like". It's closer to the Batman games if anything.