Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    how to get the merlin cloak exclusive from twitch? i got the 4 items from watching, but it doesnt count for the cloak
    It comes from the avalanche software stream. One was yesterday, you need to keep an eye when they're streaming.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nothing about that kid is autistic.
    Respectfully disagree. Autism has many faces and features.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigenously Abled View Post
    Why does everything have to be labeled lol. Some kids are just weirdos. Like me, was a dumbass weirdo who kept bragging about my pokemon cards till I grew up and learned that other people don't care or aren't interested. Some kids are awkward. Yes, a VERY small subset of them have legitimate developmental issues. No, an awkward kid does not (most likely) have autism.

Also that American Indigenous person earlier on was definitely trolling. Can't believe people took that bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    Why does everything have to be labeled lol. Some kids are just weirdos. Like me, was a dumbass weirdo who kept bragging about my pokemon cards till I grew up and learned that other people don't care or aren't interested. Some kids are awkward. Yes, a VERY small subset of them have legitimate developmental issues. No, an awkward kid does not (most likely) have autism.

Also that American Indigenous person earlier on was definitely trolling. Can't believe people took that bait.
    Asking for inclusion is trolling now, got it.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    As a jew i would like to remind you that
    a. Not all of us are small, in fact we are an extremely diverse group as one would expect after several millennia.
    b. The nose thing is actually Armenian, like less than 10% of the jews have it. (though it is also sometimes argued that it references the capacity to grow to very old age while remaining relatively functional)
    c. Most jews were and are closer to destitute than obscenely rich, there is however a natural emphasis on being frugal due to rather obvious cultural experiences of needing to have reserves or other back-ups to draw from.

Also we tend to have a sense of perspective and humor, thus we can determine pretty accurately whether something is done in malice.

Please refrain from putting words in the mouths of others, as you are doing by complaining on "our behalf".

Such moral masturbation is highly disgusting and reminds more of the actual social manipulations involved in the horrors of the nazis than some goblins (heyyy) in a videogame ever did.
    Eh, the specific issue here has anything to do with how jewish people look but rather with specific historical events (placing a goblin rebellion at the same time as a pogrom). Why reference a historic event in this manner?

as for how far stereotypes may be from reality, very much indeed. Doesn't change that the association is there and when you tap into a set of characteristics, you are implicitly making a connection whether consciously or not. It doesn't even have to be malicious, you could craft something out of stereotypes without even realizing it simply because of how our minds work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Man, Soulslike sure is losing all meaning as a descriptor if people are unironically using it in any shape or form to describe this game. Jesus Christ. It has a enemy health bar on screen and has a dodge button, the similarities end there if people think this makes a game soulslike please go actually play a souls game.
    Heck that description seems more like Action RPG than Soulslike which should be much more specific, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Edge a question here. How about problematic instances that are IN the game?
    https://www.thegamer.com/hogwarts-le...-antisemitism/
    If you want to develop in a problematic IP you can try to retcon some events or at least try to NOT feature them. Why feature an event like this though? It's sad how many fantasy universes just default in using their goblins in this manner but perhaps it is because of how codified antisemitic stereotypes are that even subconscuously Western devs will replicate and project them on specific fantasy races.
    So when you see these, you immediately think "Jew"? Thanks.
    Looks like you're one who needs to go reeducate yourself. Disgusting.

Maybe don't peddle this bs and let this stereotype be just that - a stereotype. Don't bring us Jews into it. >.<

People like you keep conserving this. It's like you really want it to be like this. I never thought this as a kid, reading JK Rowling.

I guess baby eating monsters should be banned too, becasue you see Jews in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post

Maybe don't peddle this bs and let this stereotype be just that - a stereotype. Don't bring us Jews into it. >.<

People like you keep conserving this. It's like you really want it to be like this. I never thought this as a kid, reading JK Rowling.

Did you read the link . . .? It's not about the goblins looking like Jewish people. It's about the game (and the writer) setting events of goblin history to coincide with events in Jewish history.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post

Gringots litterally has a giant star of david
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    For people saying there is no differences between houses:

There is a slightly difference in the main quest related to your house, at least from what i saw so far, if you are gryffindor, you need to find one of the ghosts to lead you to the missing pages, so you do a quest with the gryfindor Ghost Nick, so he can introduce you to said ghost.

If your are huffle-puff though, you receive the quest from a painting of the Diggory(?) ancestor, and you go to fucking Azkaban to talk to someone who was put there by mistake, insane, you even see the dementors

At least from what i spotted so far, i dunno if its indeed locked from the houses or it need another variable.

[COLOR="#41739
    To expand on this as ravenclaw You get a quest from the wand guy and go into a tomb

I'm enjoying the game more and more. I have 20 hours play time (although a few of those hours ive been idle coz i've been busy) The combat seems basic to start but I love the amount of combos you can make. I've been testing out various builds trying to work out what I like best. When I find a good one I can spec into those spells to boost the combo further. Which leads me to my biggest complaint, I've unlocked all the spell groups but it's still not enough buttons, I really wish the pets and room of requirement spells had a different bar or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post

Literally everything is somewhere on the spectrum nowadays... hell, if you enjoy the peace and quiet... to be left alone, you're autistic apparently. -.-;

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigenously Abled View Post
    Disagree all you want; you are wrong. I’ve seen, known and taught legions of people with various forms of autism - this kid is just wierd. The end.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I took a google search and supposedly the scene in the first Harry potter movie where this David Star can be seen was shot at at the Australian High Commission in London and the floor happens to have that symbol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittymovie...rs_stone_2001/

That's just how the floor of the High Commision of Australia, the location where they shot the scene you're referencing, looks like. In later films they used another location, with different marble patterns
    Also, that might be Commonwealth star, a symbol that looks similiar to the david star at a distance.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_Star
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2023-02-11 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I took a google search and supposedly the scene in the first Harry potter movie where this David Star can be seen was shot at at the Australian High Commission in London and the floor happens to have that symbol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittymovie...rs_stone_2001/
    Man, people really do obsess with making claims of the intentions of others based on absolutely nothing.

the "I work in film" dude is correct with time. But also incorrect in that even the most obvious stuff gets missed constantly in film.
    I've seen a straight up camera man with a huge ass camera on them get swung (they were on a carusel thing) past another camera and no one noticed it during edit. And it wasn't even quick... Even in blockbuster movies and series stuff gets missed. Viserys green-screen finger for one. And that's one they knew about since they used a green sleeve on it, but STILL got missed/forgotten up until release.

Saying "They left it in" as a way to claim it's intentional is plain dumb. Add to that they also decide that the entire film set also drew the conclusion it's a star of david instead of the commonwealth. "I think of this as X... THAT MEANS EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO".

OT:
    Been playing some more hours. The optimization seems to be a bit all over the place. Some areas and sections play smoothly others are a lagfest.
    I faced the first armored troll in Hoegsmed and it lagged throughout the entire battle.

I like the puzzles so far, shame it seems to be the same solution for all the number doors though. Wish you had the find the pattern of numbers in each and every door. Once you solve one, you've solved them all, so far for me at least. Opened 3 or 4 I think.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-02-11 at 06:24 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Man, people really do obsess with making claims of the intentions of others based on absolutely nothing.

the "I work in film" dude is correct with time. But also incorrect in that even the most obvious stuff gets missed constantly in film.
    I've seen a straight up camera man with a huge ass camera on them get swung (they were on a carusel thing) past another camera and no one noticed it during edit. And it wasn't even quick... Even in blockbuster movies and series stuff gets missed. Viserys green-screen finger for one. And that's one they knew about since they used a green sleeve on it, but STILL got missed/forgotten up until release.

Saying "They left it in" as a way to claim it's intentional is plain dumb. Add to that they also decide that the entire film set also drew the conclusion it's a star of david instead of the commonwealth. "I think of this as X... THAT MEANS EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO".

OT:
    Been playing some more hours. The optimization seems to be a bit all over the place. Some areas and sections play smoothly others are a lagfest.
    I faced the first armored troll in Hoegsmed and it lagged throughout the entire battle.

I like the puzzles so far, shame it seems to be the same solution for all the number doors though. Wish you had the find the pattern of numbers in each and every door. Once you solve one, you've solved them all, so far for me at least. Opened 3 or 4 I think.
    3070 Ti here with the i7 13700k everything set on Ultra. I have encountered a small amount of frame drops. However, that patch they released on the 10th increased the amount of frame drops for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Imagine wanting to be professionally offended all the time you look for symbolism in a kids movie to fill your narrative. You realise you can do this with anything right? You should watch the movie 23 staring Jim Carey. Great film and how looking for things can drive one mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Edge a question here. How about problematic instances that are IN the game?
    https://www.thegamer.com/hogwarts-le...-antisemitism/
    If you want to develop in a problematic IP you can try to retcon some events or at least try to NOT feature them. Why feature an event like this though? It's sad how many fantasy universes just default in using their goblins in this manner but perhaps it is because of how codified antisemitic stereotypes are that even subconscuously Western devs will replicate and project them on specific fantasy races.
    Nope, this opens too many cans of worms and has gone terribly in too many threads unfortunately. Sticking to the game, most of the other topics are both fairly well documented and with plenty of other places to discuss those on the internet. As already evidenced a bit. Please keep discussion on topic y'all.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-02-11 at 07:16 PM.

A friend of mine bought the game. I will probably wait until she has played some before I buy it.

It's funny, when I was a kid this type of game would have been Nr. 1 for me. hehe

But *cracks spine* when you get older... everything kinda dries out. But yeah, there's an itch...

Would advise against anyone visiting certain subreddits that are against the game as they seem set on spoiling the ending to everyone. Honestly don't know how some people live with so much hate in their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I mean, just shows that running with a narrative without double checking isn't a completely one sided issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Would advise against anyone visiting certain subreddits that are against the game as they seem set on spoiling the ending to everyone. Honestly don't know how some people live with so much hate in their hearts.
    Well when you're demented, delusional, stupid, and lie about almost everything, it's probably not too hard.