Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The first time I hit max level I was confused as hell in DF. It's was not the lack of content. It was the opposite. I too tend to play alone most of the time. Maybe once a week my wife comes along.
    I don't have a many contacts in the game. Most friends stopped playing. So I ended up alone. But there is a lot of content even then. But the game is not pointing you to it. It's not like "Oh you hit level 70, now you go and do this and that". It's there, but you have to find it yourself. You have to figure it out yourself. The first time I went to Iskaara for the cooking event I was overwhelmed. I didn't know what went on here. But I figured it out by participating again and again.

There is a lot content there, but if you wait for the content to be paraded in front of you, then there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Two months ur lucky. I got like 4 weeks.

U do all the Mythic 15's once, the raid heroic and than idk. It's not the same as old days. Unless u raid mythic there is nothing really going on outside of small side stuff. Gear farming means nothing with patch resets and no need for it (if u don't do mythic raid).
    Nothing wrong with beeing a raid content tourist for 1-3 weeks before taking a break from the game. It is not really new and for some times in WoW this worked out for mythic raiding as well, with less gearing prep required. But just remind yourself from time to time, what niche you play in this MMO.

The M+ VAULT geraprogression is a pretty great way for over time progression with a highly flexible alternative to raiding.

Not sure if mythic raiding or M+ key pushing is more gear demanding, since I dont really do neither. I am just a casual player doing VAULT keys with a bit of weekly rating progression (sitting around 2900+).

What I can say from my experience in VAULT keys, is that some (most) 6-8/8 mythic raiders struggle a lot in PUG keys if routes and situations are not going fully 100% scripted. Pre-made's consiting mythic raiders with a low amount of timed keys end up in my experience in hilarious clownshows in slightly more diificult affix weeks, with lots of individual fails that you might see in keys in the 10-15 range. Quite hilarious but I typically avoid it, since I min-max my M+ time per week and while watching 420+ geared players fail like M+ noobs on basic trash and boss mechanics, it's a waste of my VAULT farming time.
    -

Realistically, there's nothing they can add that doesn't get boring or tedious after a few weeks.
    Now in contrast it's much much better to be able to complete what you're after and then try other things as opposed to being "forced" to farm X power every day until you get burned out and start complaining that the game is shit instead.
    I'll take being done and doing what I enjoy over logging in and have the game screaming at me to do my power dailies and torghasts any day.

I found love again in my Marksman Hunter and can play it very similarly to how I played it in Legion so it revitilized the fun in gameplay, but the big NO is still here, not really much to progress outside gearing and the solo content is subpar. Though that new solo dungeon is nice.

I find fun in PvP(BGs) and some PvE which is what I do now mostly. But WoW will never be prioritized anymore like it did, its just more fun games out there.

To enjoy WoW? Find a class which is really fun and you'll forgive the expansions shortcomings(mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciadia View Post
    Except its server wide, you don't think people have alts in top 10 guilds as well?

We can easily agree the whole connected realm group is slowly dying, but got no option to move all my characters to a higher pop realm, I would in a heartbeat if I could move my 20 characters, for the cost of 1 character transfer, but I'm not going to pay 20x 1 transfer costs.

Just because you don't have issues, doesn't mean a huge part of the game population doesn't, its clearly evident in the extremely low numbers of people clearing the raids in DF compared to even SL.
    It is surely true that we lost a number of people, but that is because of the abyssmal crap that was SLs and the content draught in it. Dragonflight has nothing to do with it. We have the same amount of content for raids and dungeons we have at the start of every expansion and apart from some frustrations it's quite good.

However, even if the overall numbers are going down we are still speaking of thousands of players on every realm. If yours is so deserted that you cannot get even 10 people together (not sure if that is even possible without Blizzard shutting the server off) to form a raid group then I think switching to another server is the only option. Just pick a main to transfer and level the rest new. Not such a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Hundreds of millions, huhh? Don`t be shy..make it trillions...Btw "that cannibalized their own playerbase" just like they did with the vanilla servers? The game is good for 1 thing only..farm gold, buy tokens, put it into the Blizz account and buy other Blizzard games or services in other Blizzard games..Otherwise it`s a snorefest (with record level bugs and unstability..and heck, the bar was not too high...)
    Classic has the same sub and market research showed that a lot of those people wouldn't be subbed without it. Turned cannibalization into retention, so it was actually very smart

AAA games cost as much as movies to make now, a wow 2 would probably be 300+ million at a minimum and take 5 years (also also never happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    To enjoy WoW? Find a class which is really fun and you'll forgive the expansions shortcomings(mostly)
    That is until the next expansion where they completely redesign all the classes for no reason, and the class you are currently having fun with face plants into the lava.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Bored too and regret doing that 6 months sub... would have been enough with 2... Leveled 3 chars to max, messed around in some pug raids (stopped raiding mid of Shadowlands as it was just not fun anymore) and m+ is only that engaging. If you dont like m+ or raids, you have nothing to do that last after u messed around for a couple of months.

But yeah, "soon" Diablo 4 so we'll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    The first time I hit max level I was confused as hell in DF. It's was not the lack of content. It was the opposite. I too tend to play alone most of the time. Maybe once a week my wife comes along.
    I don't have a many contacts in the game. Most friends stopped playing. So I ended up alone. But there is a lot of content even then. But the game is not pointing you to it. It's not like "Oh you hit level 70, now you go and do this and that". It's there, but you have to find it yourself. You have to figure it out yourself. The first time I went to Iskaara for the cooking event I was overwhelmed. I didn't know what went on here. But I figured it out by participating again and again.

There is a lot content there, but if you wait for the content to be paraded in front of you, then there is none.
    One of the best comments in this thread.

If you don't watch WoW YouTube videos and read wowhead and icy veins, it's hard to just figure exactly what to do all on your own in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    So, wait... you want gearing to take longer than it already does?
    How is that gonna help you get more stuff to do?
    Gearing is pretty much the stuff we do. Players feel nonplussed when they can't gear anymore. At that point, they either switch to alts, or find other rewards to chase (transmog, mounts, etc.). Sometimes they help friends.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    It's fine to be done with WoW.

in contrast to Legion, BfA and SL, DF is designed in a way that makes it okay to be done with the content. Just take a break. maybe wait until 10.0.7 or 10.1 and try it again.
    wod was designed to be done with wow and it created a huge backlash. its just weird to praise wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joveon Lightbringer View Post
    Gearing is pretty much the stuff we do. Players feel nonplussed when they can't gear anymore. At that point, they either switch to alts, or find other rewards to chase (transmog, mounts, etc.). Sometimes they help friends.
    twinking proved that wrong. it was getting so popular blizz killed it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    That is until the next expansion where they completely redesign all the classes for no reason, and the class you are currently having fun with face plants into the lava.
    I know, happened to my beloved MM Hunter from Legion to BfA, ruining a lot in BfA.

That was my point. If you have fun playing your class, the content does not matter much. But if you don't have that, then the features can ruin the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I know, happened to my beloved MM Hunter from Legion to BfA, ruining a lot in BfA.

That was my point. If you have fun playing your class, the content does not matter much. But if you don't have that, then the features can ruin the whole expansion.
    There’s also a time factor here. A lot of people, me included, started to play WoW when playing 4+ hours per day ALL days wasn’t an issue.

Nowadays, even if things have been made a little easier even for non blasters, it’s still clear that the more time you have to play, the better.

For me for example this is kinda annoying, with time passing by and with spare time constantly diminishing, I have developed a subtle and often unconscious “hate” for games that rewards more people that play more regardless what they do in-game.

That’s why I almost naturally moved to single player games and/or ARPGS where you can play at your own pace and achieve outstanding results even without blasting 24/7 (hello D3) and without feeling gimped just because you can’t be a nolifer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Bored too and regret doing that 6 months sub...
    Some could hope this would be a learning experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Some could hope this would be a learning experience...
    Ok, thanks for sharing! First and last time I buy that shit, so I guess yay me?? I learnzz!! I am brain!

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    There’s also a time factor here. A lot of people, me included, started to play WoW when playing 4+ hours per day ALL days wasn’t an issue.

Nowadays, even if things have been made a little easier even for non blasters, it’s still clear that the more time you have to play, the better.

For me for example this is kinda annoying, with time passing by and with spare time constantly diminishing, I have developed a subtle and often unconscious “hate” for games that rewards more people that play more regardless what they do in-game.

That’s why I almost naturally moved to single player games and/or ARPGS where you can play at your own pace and achieve outstanding results even without blasting 24/7 (hello D3) and without feeling gimped just because you can’t be a nolifer anymore.
    Yeah, agree with that. Lots of factors of course. Didn't mean to exclude any reasons, its just that when you have fun with something, the shortcomings of any expansion or game even is easier to deal with.

Overall of course, the demographic has changed during the years. I am one of them myself.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This expansion encourages exploration off your own accord. Even if you did all that I'd say make a heal evoker alt and get your moneys worth with some gathering profs. The game is the most fun and interesting it has been in a long time and if you're still bored imo go look at their roadmap for the year and/or take a break for a few days. Resub when there's something new you want to check out. Everything in moderation afterall.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I finally bought this expansion. It is ok. I understand about being bored. No matter the expansion, there are rarely ever any major systems changes. We all do the same things every expansion. Level, quest, dungeon, pvp, raid. WoW really needs more extensive systems innovation than just (barely) tweaking things that already exist. They can also update old systems that have been left behind.

I'm glad they brought back mage tower but there are so many other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    smh people out there doing months of M+ for minor gear upgrades to do the exact same content 0.1% faster, than a new patch comes out and makes their effort trivialized (wasted)
    It's almost like people enjoy playing said content. *gasp* i know right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    huge false statement there. id say vanilla wow was mostly a leveling mmo.
    actually if you go by the numbers, WoW was mostly a 'leveling MMO" until after ICC was released but before cata came out.
    back then they still released numbers and metrics, and i specifically recall seeing that after ICC had been out for a couple months it was the first time ever that over 50% of the active players were max level.

the massive systemic issue at the core of WoW's design philosophy has been there since the start: they never had a plan on what to do once people were max level.
    they spent the first 5 years of WoW's development life being so utterly obsessed with making sure that WoW wasn't everquest, they never bothered to actually figure out what WoW is.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2023-02-13 at 11:23 PM.