Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I’m hoping for Ethereals as a race, allied race or full.

Drakonids would be a neat allied race for DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    They will add them when subs go down, because blizz knows a certain amount of people will go bananas when they introduce new allied races
    Tell me, why add an "allied race" and not just a normal race? I honestly don't understand this fascination with the AR concept and the constant cries of "Allied races! We need more allied races! Give us moar allied races!"
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Sethrak would be neutral. Both factions worked closely with Vorrik. Besides, the Horde decided it wanted midget furries instead
    It was not a choice. It was forced on us. All Horde friends I asked wanted Sethrak. Also Vorrik gives us extra world quests.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Tell me, why add an "allied race" and not just a normal race? I honestly don't understand this fascination with the AR concept and the constant cries of "Allied races! We need more allied races! Give us moar allied races!"
    I personally liked unlocking the allied races & the story involved with it and would like to see more things like that.
    Though most of it could just be unlockable customization which could’ve worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Allied races start at level 10 and are unlocked due to doing lategame quest/rep grinds, as distinct from regular races who tend to be unlocked by 'buying the next expansion'. Also means allied races have the chance of popping up mid-expansion, as distinct from regular ones who'll only show up come expansion launch as the inevitable "Pre-order the next expansion and play 'em early" feature

Basically folks know there's no chance you're getting a regular race option mid-expansion, the only choice is allied races.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allied races have been as lazy as they could possibly be from the onset. It was over the minute they gave you light dranei

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I personally liked unlocking the allied races & the story involved with it and would like to see more things like that.
    Though most of it could just be unlockable customization which could’ve worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Allied races start at level 10 and are unlocked due to doing lategame quest/rep grinds, as distinct from regular races who tend to be unlocked by 'buying the next expansion'. Also means allied races have the chance of popping up mid-expansion, as distinct from regular ones who'll only show up come expansion launch as the inevitable "Pre-order the next expansion and play 'em early" feature

Basically folks know there's no chance you're getting a regular race option mid-expansion, the only choice is allied races.
    The whole "unlock" stuff are things you are already doing naturally, so there's nothing new there. Popping up "mid-expansion" are also an annoyance because that means if I want to play as that new race, I'll have to stop progressing completely so I can get my new character all the way to max level. Unless I pay real money to make a race change (provided the new AR can pick the class I main) or buy a level boost. None of those are a good thing in my opinion. On a "normal" new playable race, you have to start from the beginning as well and start a whole new character, but you have a lot of time to reach max level before raids even open, so you're not really hurting your guild. Not to mention that: a) you have an actual starting experience with a story being told that is part of the expansion's story, and the new playable race is showcased and is front-and-center during the expansion most of the time. (Cataclysm was said exception)

Not getting a race mid-expansion is a good thing, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2023-02-15 at 02:13 AM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    It was not a choice. It was forced on us. All Horde friends I asked wanted Sethrak. Also Vorrik gives us extra world quests.
    Vorrik gives Alliance extra world quests; as the sethrak are the only friendly faction to Alliance outside of the tortollan on that entire continent.

Also, Alliance has been begging for sethrak for years on the official forums. Are you sure you want another High Elf situation?

Vorrik gives Alliance extra world quests; as the sethrak are the only friendly faction to Alliance outside of the tortollan on that entire continent.

Also, Alliance has been begging for sethrak for years on the official forums. Are you sure you want another High Elf situation?
    You got your high elves and wildhammer customizations. You don't deserve Sethrak. They are an Horde ally. Vol'dun is not alliance land. Stop being greedy. Tortollans, Sethrak, Vulpera. They all are friends of the Zandalari. It makes virtually no sense to allign them anywhere else.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    You don't deserve Sethrak. They are an Horde ally.
    Interesting, I recall them being an *ALLIANCE* ally. Given you know, Alliance was credited with kills on 4/5 raid final bosses that expac.

So what is it? There are still many races who could be a great addition to the factions. Like Ogres, Ankoans/Jinyu, Saberon, Earthen, Furbolgs, Sethrak and so on. Has Blizzard given up on adding those races as a concept or will we see more of it now that a new core race(Dracthyr) was implemented? Discuss!
    You do realise creating completely different races than we already have is a huge undertaking right, creating a slightly different version like light forged drenai is a different ball park to creating a race the player doesnt use currently, it takes a whole new expansion for them to work on a new race, also most races are not that popular so if only a very small playerbase will use them they are mostly pointless and a waste of development, most of the playerbase is either nelf, belf or human, the other races have nowhere near the representation that those 3 have.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I just want Drakonids, Dragonmaw Orcs, and Wildhammer Dwarves.
    I have great news for you regarding the last third of your request.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I just want Drakonids, Dragonmaw Orcs, and Wildhammer Dwarves.
    Hate to break dreams but there is little chance for wildhammer cause their tatoos and looks were added to regular dwarves. The only thing we are missing is a flavor racial. It would be nice of them to give us that option.

- - - Updated - - -

You got your high elves and wildhammer customizations. You don't deserve Sethrak. They are an Horde ally. Vol'dun is not alliance land. Stop being greedy. Tortollans, Sethrak, Vulpera. They all are friends of the Zandalari. It makes virtually no sense to allign them anywhere else.
    They are Alliance allies too. Vol'dun really isn't horde territory either. There are also more than one kind of Sethrak.
    I think you are the one being selfish here. They could certainly at least be added to both.

Interesting, I recall them being an *ALLIANCE* ally. Given you know, Alliance was credited with kills on 4/5 raid final bosses that expac.
    Horde clears uldir and the cruicable. We don't know about the rest . Stop being arrogant. Stop claiming Horde stuff. You already have all of Kul Tiras and Mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Hate to break dreams but there is little chance for wildhammer cause their tatoos and looks were added to regular dwarves. The only thing we are missing is a flavor racial. It would be nice of them to give us that option.

- - - Updated - - -

They are Alliance allies too. Vol'dun really isn't horde territory either. There are also more than one kind of Sethrak.
    I think you are the one being selfish here. They could certainly at least be added to both.
    Zandalar is Horde Land. All of it. If Sethrak Join alliance they are Rebels who should be crushed.

Horde clears uldir and the cruicable. We don't know about the rest . Stop being arrogant. Stop claiming Horde stuff. You already have all of Kul Tiras and Mechagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Zandalar is Horde Land. All of it. If Sethrak Join alliance they are Rebels who should be crushed.

It's all ours. The alliance are coming for your races, your lands, and your jobs. We're a big scary boogeyman in the playerbase threatening everything you like and want.

Come on. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    It's all ours. The alliance are coming for your races, your lands, and your jobs. We're a big scary boogeyman in the playerbase threatening everything you like and want.

Come on. Get real.
    Good you admit it

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm no, not really. Zul'dazar is horde. They don't hold control of all of Nazmir since the Blood trolls should still exist and Vol'dun which is Sethrak controlled.
    Also, no one cares about your faction war bs. You are a human living on Earth. Sorry to break your immersion.

Hmm no, not really. Zul'dazar is horde. They don't hold control of all of Nazmir since the Blood trolls should still exist and Vol'dun which is Sethrak controlled.
    Also, no one cares about your faction war bs. You are a human living on Earth. Sorry to break your immersion.
    Horde also controls most of the broken isles. Between the Nightbourne and the Highmountain. The allied races for the alliance from legion are void elf and lightforged, neither of which have a claim. So, the horde practically controls two full continents.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there is content that you can play while unlocking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Horde also controls most of the broken isles. Between the Nightbourne and the Highmountain. The allied races for the alliance from legion are void elf and lightforged, neither of which have a claim. So, the horde practically controls two full continents.

- - - Updated - - -

Because there is content that you can play while unlocking them.
    I don't know if i would call it "most of".But, yes, horde controls Suramar and Highmountain.
    I imagine the night elves sort of control Azuna (wardens and nelf ghosts) and Val'sharah. Stormheim being controlled by the vrykul.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2023-02-15 at 06:12 AM.

The alliance is the problem. Lore and otherwise. You will not get what belongs to the red team.