Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I wouldn't mind the mission table returning, with a few major changes.

1) Using the Legion system

2) Everyone gets a toy or something in their bags that allows them to summon a table where they are to interact with it, so our hearths aren't tethered somewhere specific

3) Instead of a new system every expansion, it just adds a few tab of missions for each expansion you can send minions out on. These missions reward pet battle currencies, old reputations or old currencies. No power gear or the like. Just letting you complement older, legacy content, as opposed to being a way to maximise current expansion stuff, and no gold.
    I think this is a very good idea.

1) I would rather have the BfA system tho, the Legion system was much more involved with all the troop upgrading things.
    2) 100%
    3) It could also add the new Trading Post currency plus it would be really nice to earn some kind of "epic mission" from various parts of the world (maybe tied to expansion?) where it could give you mounts even.

They could also add ways to find new "followers" or "troops" whatever via achievements or doing specific things in the world.
    They could all have different abilities and maybe offer unique missions upon being unlocked.
    The whole system could be an evergreen pet battle type thing but in mission table style.

It's a fine idea if Blizzard can come up with mission table gameplay that people actually enjoy. So far they failed at that. Not talking about the rewards incentivizing missions, it's the moment to moment gameplay. Clicking buttons to send followers on missions. That needs to be fun for it to make any sense at all.

Otherwise, the "reward players with neat cosmetics for doing whatever content they prefer without incentivizing them to do stuff they hate" niche is pretty well filled by the new Trader's Post, don't you think?

Nearly every person I see claiming they like the table say the same thing - "I made a lot of gold". But what GAMEPLAY does it add? If it's just gold, would you be just as happy if blizzard sent you 20k gold every day you logged in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nearly every person I see claiming they like the table say the same thing - "I made a lot of gold". But what GAMEPLAY does it add? If it's just gold, would you be just as happy if blizzard sent you 20k gold every day you logged in?
    A significant chunk of WoD's content was finding followers out in the world and optimizing your teams so they can clear missions more efficiently. The gold missions and profession buildings were a plus, for sure, but not the whole point.

I mean, take a look at this guide. Does that not look like gameplay to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    A significant chunk of WoD's content was finding followers out in the world and optimizing your teams so they can clear missions more efficiently. The gold missions and profession buildings were a plus, for sure, but not the whole point.

I mean, take a look at this guide. Does that not look like gameplay to you?
    Those followers were obtained as a result of gameplay, yes, but nearly all of that content you would be doing anyway. The actual process of using the TABLE I don't really count as gameplay in the context of a PC game - mobile maybe...

Thing is, saying that you have to play the game to get the followers as rewards = gameplay, means that loot is gameplay. Which i really dont think anyone would agree it is. Rewards/loot dont = gameplay.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2023-02-02 at 02:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Missions tables are trash, the only people that want them back are no lifers with alt armys to generate loads of free gold.

Spend that development time on literally anything else and its better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Those followers were obtained as a result of gameplay, yes, but nearly all of that content you would be doing anyway.
    Not quite. Plenty were acquired from doing achievements that were off the beaten path, from doing Reputation grinds that didn't interest all players, or from exploring Draenor zones and completing puzzles (I believe they used to call this Targeted Exploration). As an example, I remember Archmage Vargoth took quite a bit of legwork to get, so did Harrison Jones.

The actual process of using the TABLE I don't really count as gameplay in the context of a PC game - mobile maybe...
    Fair argument, a lot of people thought it was a mobile minigame. But if it ties into activities that you participate in regularly, it is effectively gameplay (or a gameplay loop, as it is called nowadays).

No thanks, I would like some more dailies and WQs though.

Absolutely not. When I have spare time to do side objectives, I intend to do the trading post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Last night I had a dream where I read about a future patch where they introduced a mission table sort of thing in Brackenhide Hollow where you could send troops to do stuff or make cocoa. I was genuinely excited but then I woke up.

Mission table - is the best implementation of FOMO content in this game. Abandoning it - is big mistake.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Missions tables are trash, the only people that want them back are no lifers with alt armys to generate loads of free gold.

Spend that development time on literally anything else and its better for the game.
    I agree.

Say no to mission tables!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Therw would be no reason to do it then. even with gold and items, it would not be mandatory. That would be a you problem since you have no self control.
    If people are enjoying it for the gameplay then can keep doing that. I dont mind it giving minor rewards but it should not be able to be used as a passive gold income - the economy in wow is laready inflated enough.

You can keep your passive aggressive projection to yourself Ranger Ray
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

5+ Year Old Account
    Screw mission tables. Lame Facebook games are - - - - - - > that way, especially when no one would bother with them if they didn't give a huge chunk of gold literally for just logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So then if you didn't play alts you would be further behind than the no-lifer who has an army of 49 alts? (+1 Main)
    How are you behind? This isn't a competition and there is no reason to care how much gold someone else has since you can buy a wow token and sell it for far more gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Screw mission tables. Lame Facebook games are - - - - - - > that way, especially when no one would bother with them if they didn't give a huge chunk of gold literally for just logging in.
    Yes. I never asked for that, never liked it, and they never contributed anything to retaining me as a player. SL's final iteration in particular was just another part of what repelled me from the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    How are you behind? This isn't a competition and there is no reason to care how much gold someone else has since you can buy a wow token and sell it for far more gold.
    Gold earning missions (as an example) can affect the economy. As the player availability of earning gold increases so then does the costs of [virtual] goods. Just look at the transition from Legion to BFA to SL where the initial market prices of goods on the AH were high because the excessive gold that players had earned/accrued from gold missions.

Fortunately the regional AH does lower commodities market down to more reasonable levels but non-commodity items are still sold at high premiums on non-high pop servers.

So ultimately it's not about caring that Bob has X much gold but rather how more players having X gold means that AH items will be that much higher in cost.

Going to a WoD design where the garrison can supply nearly everything for consumables isn't useful either as those players with enough alts can be self-sufficient while players who don't have alts (or don't have the time to play alts) will be subject to the whims of the market.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Yes, of course. Everybody who didn't borderline exploit table missions is many millions of gold behind, and that inflation from WoD, Legion, and Shadowlands made everything vastly more expensive.

You could make a lot of money in BFA, and now in Dragonflight too, but you need to actually play the game to do it-- you need to fly around and do WQs. Back in the end of Legion I could "play" for 15 minutes per day, refreshing table missions on 12 characters 2-3x, and make ~45k gold/day. Every single day of the week, for months and months on end.

The mission table sucked. As long as it's not compulsory in some way give it to the skinner box weirdos that need a daily fix.

It was fine in BFA because you couldn't make much money with it, but I'd still question how many people actually enjoyed using it, the actual gameplay as opposed to the gold rewards. Most people nearly or even completely ignored the BFA mission table for that reason. And if most people don't like it, and you agree the gold rewards are a real problem, why add it at all?