Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noctim2 View Post
    No. Only people without lives have done that. Just like today. There is actually no difference from today.
    We were kids, that is the difference. We played, that's what kids do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    This is just wrong. First there are mythic only mechanics and second some mechanics just do so little damage on lower difficulties that they might as well not exist at all. You can ignore almost all mechanics on even low mythic and live.
    ye .. after runing like 30 tjs on 2-5 for vp this reset ... those mechanics do do dmg. people just blindly ignore it. same like they completly ignore only 2 skills that should be interupted that matter . as i run it as tank i dont care because nothing really can kill me there but its hillarious to see people die in +2 on whole courtyard pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    funny thing is that alot of players that raided in the old days actually had 4-5 raid nights a week.
    This was hardly the case. 4+ raids per week is VERY sweaty and a pretty niche amount of players. 3 raid evenings was the go to always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    What does Using burst classes + BL have to do with mechanics ? they still have to do mechanics.
    You kill shit off before mechanics snowball into something you no longer can handle, duh. Why do you think people BL some trash packs here and there, most notably the one before last boss of TJS? Exactly because if you pump you won't need to do as much mechanics to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This was hardly the case. 4+ raids per week is VERY sweaty and a pretty niche amount of players. 3 raid evenings was the go to always.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you think raiding 4 nights a week was considered "sweaty" 20 years ago, you dont know much about how the MMORPG genre was back then. By comparison, wow was a casual scrub game in the genre. Since a whole lot (the majority) of people never reached max level back in vanilla, we can already consider those that did as sweaty. They again were raiding 3-4+ times a week, cause thats what you were supposed to do.

It was nothing compared to what was required from you in other MMORPGs at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    If you think raiding 4 nights a week was considered "sweaty" 20 years ago, you dont know much about how the MMORPG genre was back then. By comparison, wow was a casual scrub game in the genre.
    Bruh, it's ok I'm almost 40, I played MMOs before WoW was even a thing and it does not change shit.

Sweatlords who raided 4 days or more were always a bloody vast minority of WoW, because vast majority of WoW players were stuck in fucking UBRS or BRD or fucking Elwynn Forest.

You're totally off base if you think MMO players were anything to even close as sweaty as we have nowadays back then. It was a bunch of scrublords doing basic shit and thinking they are some hot stuff for it - hence the ongoing classic meme you have now.

You want to believe that people were more hardcore back then, reality - they weren't and most certainly raiding 4 days a week was not a "normal" thing to do for WoW player.

- - - Updated - - -

You kill shit off before mechanics snowball into something you no longer can handle, duh. Why do you think people BL some trash packs here and there, most notably the one before last boss of TJS? Exactly because if you pump you won't need to do as much mechanics to begin with.
    That was i was trying to point out to the person i quoted
    He made it sound like you can ignore ALL mechanics if you BL

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure which of the M+ threads deals with "toxicity", this is likely OT anyway.

I know I'm gonna catch some flak for this. Nonethelss, I healed a CoS, and looted "Jeweled Signed of Melandrus", a crit/haste ring with an additional effect of increasing your autoattack dmg. It was both an ilvl upgrade and good stats.

It doesn't matter much since it was the end of the dungeon, but I was removed from the group because people were wondering why I kept the ring since "it's for melee". If it were for melee, it would not be on my loot table and thus possible to loot.

The coin of PvE has two sides. On one hand and up to a certain level of difficulty: the most comfy way to PvE in this game is pugging; I can just clear heroic raiding as a raid leader within a few days of a raid's release (assuming there is gear available making it possible); the problem is that: that's as far as you can go (something similar happens with m+ which has a cap (say ~20 now (I don't know the exact number now (not subbed))).

On the other hand: if you must do mythic raiding and high rankings of m+: a guild or other stable team is just obligatory; the game is just too hard for anything else; it might improve if it didn't have grinding/vertical-progression because for a lot of us: unsubscribing is the only road to follow after a certain level of difficulty because the alternative needs wasting a full-time job of your real life's time in order to grind for that level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got called from a friend to tank mythic+ as a grp of 5. Best experience evar
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I'm a pug player and my experience is overwhelmingly positive. Not every key is timed, and at a certain key level it is not unexpected for people to leave when the key is bricked, but the best thing one can do is to move on and do the next key. Got to 3,5k in SL S3 and 2,8 in DF S1 so far - not high, but absolutely within what can the least be expected when playing with a new group every time.

I rarely meet toxicity in groups, but had an instance of one DPS calling another player's DPS as insulting him/her as "piss rat". The DPS then left and I'm glad he did. Such behavior is just intolerable, even with frustration involved.
    Toxicity is only "helping" you vent, it does not make the game a better place or help anyone improve weak DPS.

Pugging will always be vastly inferior in every aspect when compared to a team that plays together regularly, uses voice and has planned through every pull in every dungeon, but it can also be a great time when you adjust your expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It doesn't matter much since it was the end of the dungeon, but I was removed from the group because people were wondering why I kept the ring since "it's for melee". If it were for melee, it would not be on my loot table and thus possible to loot.
    Why does it matter if you were removed from the group (especially if it's in a PuG) after you got the ring (from End of Dungeon chest)? Unless there was some compelling reason to continue to stay with the group for another run?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by sospec View Post
    I rarely meet toxicity in groups
    That's cause you only do easy stuff. For me pugging can relatively easily get me up to clearing heroic raiding; towards the last bosses of that: you already start seeing heavy toxicity by randoms vs randoms; unfortunately even that level of difficulty doesn't have much depth for me.
    This game has its greatest depth for a lot of us only when it goes deep into mythic raiding; but that had an extreme level of commitment requirement to be done in a way that makes you feel you are doing it well; it would be better if it didn't have so much vertical progression.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's cause you only do easy stuff.
    I wouldn't consider 3.5k in SL S3 (that's 0.3% of the highest rated players in the world) "easy", nor 2k8 in DF. Stop belittling people.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2023-02-18 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

5+ Year Old Account
    Just stop pugging

"form a guild or community, invite people who are cool and are good".

People nowadays are barely capable of saying "hello" anymore in WoW. The social aspect of the community is equal to that of a slice of sandwich.

Trying to get someone to help you, with the outlook of you being able to help back, is close to zero.

After playing from vanilla up to shadowlands, I preferred to ditch m+, and just did lfr and some solo stuff - so I don't have to deal with most of the people anymore. Why? Because it just was not worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I wouldn't consider 3.5k in SL S3 (that's 0.3% of the highest rated players in the world) "easy", nor 2k8 in DF. Stop belittling people.
    I wasn't responding to you. Also: if you do go to extreme levels of difficulty on PvE (or PvP) and do it only on pugging, I do not believe you didn't do it with a lot of toxicity from randoms (you probably found specific people and kept them sort-of constant to some extend which is not what pugging is).

Bruh, it's ok I'm almost 40, I played MMOs before WoW was even a thing and it does not change shit.

Sweatlords who raided 4 days or more were always a bloody vast minority of WoW, because vast majority of WoW players were stuck in fucking UBRS or BRD or fucking Elwynn Forest.

You're totally off base if you think MMO players were anything to even close as sweaty as we have nowadays back then. It was a bunch of scrublords doing basic shit and thinking they are some hot stuff for it - hence the ongoing classic meme you have now.

You want to believe that people were more hardcore back then, reality - they weren't and most certainly raiding 4 days a week was not a "normal" thing to do for WoW player.
    I don't know in the american servers, but in the spanish servers all the recruiting guilds you saw did raid from Sundays to Thursdays, 5 days a week, even the bad ones (like mine lol). The vast majority did raid 5 days a week and SOMETIMES you could see one guild that only raided on weekends. People would raid five days and just chill, do tries and kill at the pace each guild had while laughing and having a good time (being 0 tryhard), or being more serious if they were tryhards.

In recent expansions it's been starting to change and you see more and more guilds that do only 3 days a week, but still you see some doing 5. I play since Wrath and it has always been like that.

I wasn't responding to you. Also: if you do go to extreme levels of difficulty on PvE (or PvP) and do it only on pugging, I do not believe you didn't do it with a lot of toxicity from randoms (you probably found specific people and kept them sort-of constant to some extend which is not what pugging is).
    I know you weren't, but implying that 3k5 in SL S3 is easy is abysmally dumb.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2023-02-21 at 07:11 AM.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I know you weren't, but implying that 3k5 in SL S3 is easy is abysmally dumb.
    nobody brought those numbers in the discussion but you. I don't even know where you found them.
    are you bragging about your rankings or did you find that other person's rankings from somewhere?

nobody brought those numbers in the discussion but you. I don't even know where you found them.
    are you bragging about your rankings or did you find that other person's rankings from somewhere?
    From the person you were replying to...

But since you don't read what people write, and reply with small quotes taken out of context I guess I'd have a hard time understanding too.

Azharok - Dalaran EU