Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I see Dark gray + blue.
    Do you see that in black? =/
    Do you want vantablack clothes with no discernable features? Just a shape of void with maybe the face or eyes showing?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

We are talking about a franchise that refuses to add a class based on the counterpart cosmic force of the Light aka the Void when there is so much gravity in it.

The most you can do about it is play the offshoot spec of the holy healer class.

What am I getting at? WoW really has an issue giving presence to the concept of "darkness" or "black" and no, stuff like the Legion and the Lich King/Shadowlands are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "Paradox" is what we call when we have two facts contradicting each other. There's no contradiction here, hence it can't be a paradox. WoW not having a "pure black" transmog set while other games do is not a paradox.
    On that note, paradoxa exist purely in the realm of logic. You can never actually encounter one; having what appears to be a paradox in the "real" world means that you made a logic error or your assumptions are incorrect.

I want more pure black armor too, the best looking glamour in ff14 when I still played that was the black armor sets. they looked so damn good. I'm sure blizz could make it work, don't see why not.

It seems that only those who like to dress up as the "rainbow man" are heard in this game.

Oh, and I'm not an Emo. No Sir!
    First of there are many darker or dark sets to wear. I do like what you linked. Hell rogues got a whole "batman" set in/around dragon soul if my memory serves.
    and again it does. my druid has a dark set that is pretty much grey and black. Hell we just gotten the dark ranger set for hunters.
    Think this is just you projecting your feelings about colourful things on us.

The main dark class... has zero REALLY dark xmogs.

In WoW the main dark class gets clown-like xmogs all the time with arcane lights sprinkled on every xmog item!
    The what now?

Since when has the Rogue class ever been "the main dark class" in WoW? Like, historically speaking they have been 1/3rd of a "dark" class at best, assuming you spec "Assassination" and go full in on the shadow powers Emo RP as a stretch.

The core concept of the Class though, going right back to Classic has never been about "dark" anything. Warlocks and Death Knights would have 100x more claim to that title than Rogues........

10+ Year Old Account
    More like - dye system when.

I bet it will come eventually and I'd be surprised if Blizzard did not already consider it as some major expansion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    More like - dye system when.

I bet it will come eventually and I'd be surprised if Blizzard did not already consider it as some major expansion feature.
    Yeah, they obviously have a tool similar to this on the developer side. Because that's how they're producing content for the trading post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Taking advantage of this thread about xmog... can anyone tell me where I can get this back item below??
    I know it must be on some level of the twisting corridors... but I don't know which one.
    Thank you!

https://snipboard.io/IwgjmN.jpg
    That's the Blackflame Skull Crescent, and it's a random drop from the end-boss of Adamant Vaults on layer 10 (and probably above) of Torghast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Do you want vantablack clothes with no discernable features? Just a shape of void with maybe the face or eyes showing?
    Vantablack is probably overdoing it, but ensembles based on primarily shades of black are probably the rarest in WoW, which has always been odd to me. What ensembles do exist are often striking in general tone and definitely stand out against WoW's generally more cartoonish and colorful aesthetic, making them (at least in my subjective view) all the more desirable as options. Specifically, it's always struck me as odd that Death Knights, among all their various tier sets and other ensembles, don't have a single predominantly black ensemble amidst all the other options available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah, they obviously have a tool similar to this on the developer side. Because that's how they're producing content for the trading post.
    I am really hoping the Trading Post eventually has a black version of the cloak/robe ensemble set currently available in hot pink (which I presume is a Love is in the Air thing). Perhaps this October they'll do something more in line with the Hallow's End.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

I am really hoping the Trading Post eventually has a black version of the cloak/robe ensemble set currently available in hot pink (which I presume is a Love is in the Air thing). Perhaps this October they'll do something more in line with the Hallow's End.
    Nope, we know the 12 colors already: https://www.wowhead.com/news/hoods-a...0-5-ptr-330583

The darkest is a dark-greyblue one (which will look less bright with ingame lighting)

But even with the blue replaced by black, it would have the stitches, and a brown rim or whatever that's called in English, with highlights on the creases/wrinkles to fake a 3D surface.
    But it sounds like OP and others want a complete ly black outfit, no contrasts, no details, just black.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nope, we know the 12 colors already: https://www.wowhead.com/news/hoods-a...0-5-ptr-330583

The darkest is a dark-greyblue one (which will look less bright with ingame lighting)

But even with the blue replaced by black, it would have the stitches, and a brown rim or whatever that's called in English, with highlights on the creases/wrinkles to fake a 3D surface.
    But it sounds like OP and others want a complete ly black outfit, no contrasts, no details, just black.
    Well, that's disappointing, though I do like the darkish gray/blue one all the same. I can't speak for the OP but I'm personally fine with non-black contrasts or details, just with a predominantly darker shade to the majority of the ensemble. Complete flat-black would be pretty drab, and you need the occasional bit of contrast for black to really pop (my personal preferences are accents of silver, darkened bronze, or grays). Since these appear to be data-mined, there's some small hope that there may be additional and/or alterations done before they actually hit Live.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Would be cool, on that note, will we ever get more slutmogs into the game? FFXIV has plenty and its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Would be cool, on that note, will we ever get more slutmogs into the game? FFXIV has plenty and its fine.
    I mean, and I say that as neutral as possible, Anime-esque games like FFXIV focus on "sexy" characters in the first place, some are literal playboy bunnies.
    Even the female Elves in WoW are not intended to look that way, and it's not something that WoW should try to imitate, both to keep a unique quasi-timeless look, and because it would fit neither the game's general appeal nor the engine.

Sorry to say, but if you want the gimp suit that was mentioned here earlier, you have to play the game where that suit actually fits the playable race models.

However, stepping away from comparisons to games as far removed as possible while staying in the same general genre.......
    We've seen the datamined chain bras, since those have no known source yet, I guess they'll pop up on the Trader's Post from time to time - first month was likely intentionally 'tame'.

I mean, and I say that as neutral as possible, Anime-esque games like FFXIV focus on "sexy" characters in the first place, some are literal playboy bunnies.
    Even the female Elves in WoW are not intended to look that way, and it's not something that WoW should try to imitate, both to keep a unique quasi-timeless look, and because it would fit neither the game's general appeal nor the engine.

Sorry to say, but if you want the gimp suit that was mentioned here earlier, you have to play the game where that suit actually fits the playable race models.

However, stepping away from comparisons to games as far removed as possible while staying in the same general genre.......
    We've seen the datamined chain bras, since those have no known source yet, I guess they'll pop up on the Trader's Post from time to time - first month was likely intentionally 'tame'.
    They can keep the quasi timeless look and add more mogs to the game. Also who made you the arbiter of the games general appeal? I bet tons of people would be happy if they added more revealing mogs to the game. No one is making you put on a certain transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Also who made you the arbiter of the games general appeal? I bet tons of people would be happy if they added more revealing mogs to the game.
    I addressed revealing/sexy mogs in general. To speculate a bit more, they're coming, but WoW is always slow to shake things up.

But "just copy FFXIV!" is a more recent opinion by a vocal minority, and something that is doomed to fail.
    WoW has always copied aspects of other games, and it seems to adopt some aspects of 14's storytelling. But both games have their own "ecological niches" in the genre, in this context I mean especially the artistic approach.

I addressed revealing/sexy mogs in general. To speculate a bit more, they're coming, but WoW is always slow to shake things up.

But "just copy FFXIV!" is a more recent opinion by a vocal minority, and something that is doomed to fail.
    WoW has always copied aspects of other games, and it seems to adopt some aspects of 14's storytelling. But both games have their own "ecological niches" in the genre, in this context I mean especially the artistic approach.
    I guess that's fair but it feels stupid seeing literally every druid with the same pair of shorts because there is no other option that's even remotely revealing.

One of my first posts on this forum (a few years ago) I commented on this strange philosophy of Blizzard.
    Time has passed and the "black xmog paradox" remains strong in the halls of Blizzard.

In any MMORPG you enter now... the assassin classes (and even other classes not so "nightwalker") will have 100% or 99% totally black xmogs.

I was very Influenced by Michael Keaton's batman in 1989 (who looks like he's going to come back as the main protagonist in the new Flash movie.. hahaha) and since then the black color in the costumes has ALWAYS been my favorite in superheroes, mmos warriors, animals in the wild, and demons inside our closets etc etc!

But then came the TRADING POST and my hype caught fire. Finally I thought: This is it!! Come on me full black xmog!!!
    BUT... Look at the xmogs planned for future additions to the Trading Post:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/appeara...age=2#p5549873

It's a fact: I don't have optimism for this anymore. The most Blizzard makes is a Dark Brown (with lighter details) or Dark Gray (also several lighter details) xmog.
    I lost hope in that. It seems that only those who like to dress up as the "rainbow man" are heard in this game.

Oh, and I'm not an Emo. No Sir!
    I was born at the time of their grandparents. I just think medieval or cyberpunk black costumes are incredibly beautiful.

Let's be frank:
    A game that's the age of WoW and the size of WoW yet doesn't have ANY xmog at least 90% real black and 10% dark gray for its main assassin class is really a monstrous laziness... or just lacks the obvious creativity that the developers should have.

Give it time, they seem to be going for more grounded stuff as options as of late.

As options, not as major sets though.
    *Dons fire-storm themed plate shoulders*

Also i will never understand the appeal of slutmogs i think.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

BC literally brought bikini plate armor...
    Its merely the new batch of replacement devs that started censoring in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    BC literally brought bikini plate armor...
    Its merely the new batch of replacement devs that started censoring in recent times.
    Sorry, but fucking no. All those platekinis are still in the game.
    You seem to be referencing the portrait of a woman replaced by a bowl of fruit. While we can't be absolutely sure, there are those with trusted sources within Blizzard that say this and other things were removed/changed because of who made them, or which real-life person the painting was supposed to represent, not because they were vaguely erotic.

The chain bra alone I mentioned in the post you fullquoted contradicts you.

WoW always had, has, and will receive more 'sexy' armor etc. in the future, no amount of repeating bad-faith from some streamer will change that.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2023-02-16 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, that's disappointing, though I do like the darkish gray/blue one all the same. I can't speak for the OP but I'm personally fine with non-black contrasts or details, just with a predominantly darker shade to the majority of the ensemble. Complete flat-black would be pretty drab, and you need the occasional bit of contrast for black to really pop (my personal preferences are accents of silver, darkened bronze, or grays). Since these appear to be data-mined, there's some small hope that there may be additional and/or alterations done before they actually hit Live.
    Yeah or even a slight change in how matte or glossy the black is can make the difference.