Why would mounts need new animations?

Yeah, it would look goofy for some mounts, but who cares?

It is as simply as flicking a switching. There's probably a flag for the game to decide whether it's a normal mount or a dragoriding mount.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2023-02-16 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have been part of a South Seas expansion.
    Sadly most of that concept was taken by BfA, so pirates are unlikely to be more prevalent than a mega-dungeon, barring revamped Stranglethorn or similar.
    Pirates don't just go away that easily. He's not wrong, they can be a theme just not the only one going on in a possible expansion down the road. But to be fair, Pirates aren't my thing either.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-02-16 at 08:28 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Other than Tel'abim memes, I just don't see what they could do with a South Seas concept. I also just feel Avaloren itself will just be super massive and will encompass the entire expansion theme than encompassing both South Seas + Avaloren.

But, then again. Who knows.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Saw that thread, saw some commenting that this should be an entire expansion. Sorry, pirates are cool, but they can't carry an entire expansion. Be a relevant part of it, though? Sure.
    But they made a whole expansion about lizards. Who cares about colorful ugly dragons, trying to humanize them is always a bad idea. Their task is to fly and breathe fire. An ordinary greedy man drinking rum and floating on a ship is more interesting than a dragon trying to be human.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doubt we will have two chill expansions in a row. Some people are bored with theme already. I expect "world ending" expac again and Light vs Void must happen sooner or later.

What would be cool (but I doubt it will happen) is wraping main DF story in 10.2 (let's say Iridikron 10.1, Murozond 10.2), then reveal 11.0 on Blizzcon (10.2 should release around that time), then reveal 10.3 not connected to main story when time for PTR will come. Pirate island with pirate raid (and of course with Freehold and Eye of Azshara M+)? Sure why not. And it would be contrast for more 'serious' 11.0 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Doubt we will have two chill expansions in a row. Some people are bored with theme already. I expect "world ending" expac again and Light vs Void must happen sooner or later.

What would be cool (but I doubt it will happen) is wraping main DF story in 10.2 (let's say Iridikron 10.1, Murozond 10.2), then reveal 11.0 on Blizzcon (10.2 should release around that time), then reveal 10.3 not connected to main story when time for PTR will come. Pirate island with pirate raid (and of course with Freehold and Eye of Azshara M+)? Sure why not. And it would be contrast for more 'serious' 11.0 launch.
    We are still in the first major patch of the expansion though. We will likely get something more world ending and cliamctic by the time we get to patch 10.2. Plenty of time for players to want to go back to casual questing after that.

Personally I find that it's better to up the ante within the expansion itself, and then lower the stakes once you go into a new expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It feels a bit too soon since BfA for pirate stuff, honestly. I know that Alliance-side at least it wasn't really pirate-y but still it had a fair amount of nautical themes and could stand to not have that for a while still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the pirate stuff just for the Pirate holiday? I thought they said they were going to rework the holiday events.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It feels a bit too soon since BfA for pirate stuff, honestly. I know that Alliance-side at least it wasn't really pirate-y but still it had a fair amount of nautical themes and could stand to not have that for a while still.
    If its for the next expansion I don't really see the issue. That's two expansions between them. Same as the Old God and faction war stuff from MoP -> BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Eh, not really. Less than half of the zone for one faction only and two dungeons, all that three expansions ago. They didn't have problem with WoD to Legion BL theme. Not to mention that pirate thingy does not even have to be really strong in the future.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-17 at 05:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

BFA had a pirate town in one corner of the map, one dungeon (which was the same town), and one tiny quest hub for Horde on the other side. I would not say that "nautical theme" means that Pirates can't and shouldn't be a focus ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If its for the next expansion I don't really see the issue. That's two expansions between them. Same as the Old God and faction war stuff from MoP -> BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, not really. Less than half of the zone for one faction only and two dungeons, all that three expansions ago. They didn't have problem with WoD to Legion BL theme. Not to mention that pirate thingy does not even have to be really strong in the future.
    Eh I suppose. Just my own immediate reaction to that was to groan internally. I like pirate stuff usually but it just feels too soon.

I'd rather something else.

I'll say again that it's wrong to assume "Pirates!" is even a major theme. Might just be one or two areas, a dungeon like Freehold, while the main theme of the expansion is something entirely different.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'll say again that it's wrong to assume "Pirates!" is even a major theme.
    Now add Ninjas and we might have something
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-02-18 at 10:04 AM.

I'll say again that it's wrong to assume "Pirates!" is even a major theme. Might just be one or two areas, a dungeon like Freehold, while the main theme of the expansion is something entirely different.
    We have seen Pirates led by an (infinite)dragon maybe they are doing something with that but i agree that they are not enough to carry a significant portion of an expansion.
    They are just the type of enemy that pops up from time to time under new leadership so we have something else to fight than (insert expansion main theme).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    World of Warcraft - Attack of the Ninjas

There is nothing in lore that points to something like that.

Dark Rangers could have been a thing in Shadowlands.
    Dark POWER Rangers. Now that' something I would see..
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    They are just the type of enemy that pops up from time to time under new leadership so we have something else to fight than (insert expansion main theme).
    Enemy... or even friend. The Horde aligns with 2 significant factions of pirates during BfA:

During the War Campaign, a pact is made with the Fogsail to use their port as a staging ground for attacks on Kul Tiras, and while that pact probably had to be ended for the armistice after the Fourth War, there might still be friendly relations with the Freebooters.

In Vol'dun, the Horde Adventurer assisted in another mutiny, helping Jamboya and his comrades free themselves from the rule of their Pirate-King, who had cursed them into undeath. They now sail the seas, having replenished their crew (unclear whether with mortals or survivors of their former crew, now free from the King's control)
    Jamboya and a small band can be seen visiting the Trader's Post, so they still have good enough relations with the Horde to visit Orgrimmar.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    BFA had a pirate town in one corner of the map, one dungeon (which was the same town), and one tiny quest hub for Horde on the other side. I would not say that "nautical theme" means that Pirates can't and shouldn't be a focus ever again.
    BfA was pretty light on the whole nautical theme anyways. Only a single raid had ships as a featured theme, and the last patch was set in a landlocked valley and a desert.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly OT, but is there a list of grey items in the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Possibly OT, but is there a list of grey items in the game?
    https://www.wowhead.com/items/quality:0