10.0.7- The Nightsquall

Looks as though there is a new faction of pirates being built up, lead by a new(?) Night Elf Pirate called Nightsquall. The book mentioned in this twitter thread explains that he traveled through the "western storms" that are known to be difficult to pass through, which may be related to the other side of Azeroth. He's also collecting members from all the other pirate factions, as well as the Defias.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...0587663323139?

It was mentioned that Jaina couldn't attend Lor'themar and Thalyssra's wedding due to an issue with pirates. Considering this has been teased twice now, maybe this will be a serious plot for a future expansion?

15+ Year Old Account
    They always seem to give us patches that we think are suitable expansions. My guess is this is a patch feature. Perhaps the new zone they flagged for release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the Pirate holiday I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the majority of Night Elves are around or close to 10'000+ years old in lore Nightsquall sounds like an in-universe fictional character otherwise he'd literally be one of the oldest pirates alive and no one has mentioned him till now.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Considering the majority of Night Elves are around or close to 10'000+ years old in lore Nightsquall sounds like an in-universe fictional character otherwise he'd literally be one of the oldest pirates alive and no one has mentioned him till now.
    There are plenty of younger ones, they are just not the main cast characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Just because he might be 10000 years old doesn't mean he was a pirate through all of those years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    There are plenty of younger ones, they are just not the main cast characters.
    Plenty? On another note, this feels like a great set up for a Burning of Teldrassil joke. Like there 'were' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Just because he might be 10000 years old doesn't mean he was a pirate through all of those years.
    I mean the book stating he started when he was boy at least suggests for a significant part of his life he was doing piraty things even if it he hadn't done so for every single year of his life. Even so that wouldn't invalid my statement that he would be one of the oldest pirates alive with no mention till now.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    A night elf pirate?

Cool, we'll get to see him be second fiddle to a human in no time
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

And when we meet him, he won't be the original Dread Pirate Rob... er, Nightsquall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A night elf pirate.. seems more like some hearthstone npc who s gonna make it live throught some holiday quest.

not some big lore news or w/e.