Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    It's amazing how many of you have such strong opinions about something that will never involve you in any way, shape, or form. I've been in the office, every day, since the pandemic started. Working from home was never an option for me. And I really don't care what Blizzard, or any other company, does. I don't work for Blizzard. I'm never going to work for Blizzard. I just shut up and do my job. Would be nice if more people tried that, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we've found Mr. Never Worked a Day in His Life, everyone. Only someone who fits that description could come up with such a ridiculous, overblown take on the situation.
    ^^^ This pretty much. I own my own business nowadays but I worked for others for years. Part of being a good boss is being able to be a good worker and follow order/direction. I used to complain about my working conditions sometimes. We all did. It was considered venting. But honestly when I started my own business I began to see things in a different light. I know the struggles from the other side now that I never took into consideration before when I worked for others. Budgets, deadlines, meeting customer expectations. These all become much more real when you start to answer to them yourself. Customers aren't some nameless beings in the background anymore. Then I realized the real truth is that unless you somehow become very wealthy and then move to some remote place you will always be beholden to someone. As an employee it's your boss, as a boss it's your customers.

I don't complain anymore because it's all about perspective.

Good, they should return to work. If they don't like it, then they can find another company that will suit their priorities. That's the beauty of our capitalist system. If you don't like the company you work for, you find a new one.

A lot of Corpo simps in here against WFH. Keep being brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    A lot of Corpo simps in here against WFH. Keep being brainwashed.
    I dunno. There are some people who just rather have that in person contact when working. I personally like WFH so I don't have to drive to work, but I kind of miss having that one on one interaction with my Co-workers and getting together to get lunch and interacting with them about random stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Can a person drive truck from his house? No? Maybe switch industries. They chose to drive truck, they choose to work away from home the same as these devs will choose to quit instead of moving to a city that is unlivable with the shit wages they offer.

- - - Updated - - -

People who claim WFH are lazy are just purely American's who are either Jealous, brainwashed or just uninformed. Just let Blizzard flounder already, Hybrid schedules are absolutely worthless. To live in Irvine costs more than what they pay to entry level devs, so those devs will just seek out greener pastures. This is on top of the fact that Acti-Bllizz pays peanuts to its devs.

This whole anti WFH scheme is thought up by real estate interests in Major cities and middle managers who see their days of being worthless micromanagers at an end. Manhattan alone is losing out on 12 billion a year because people wanted to live somewhere affordable.

Europe is already embracing it, most every industry has seen more productivity from their employees because they don't commute 2 hours a day to work in a depressing cube.

It's unfortunate because America is a brainwashed, captive state. It's one giant race to the bottom, If Johnny wants WFH, Ted will talk about how he worked bad jobs so therefore, everyone should have a bad job. Brainwashed by corporate overlords or their political lackeys, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    So far my work place here in Denmark embraces it to the extend that we're obligated (not forced) to get to the office when we have meetings that are best suited for face-to-face communication (workshops etc). So yeah, it's so far from my reality that I just can't comprehend how those employers expect to be able to keep people working for them. It's clear as day, the more restrictive you are the more resistance you'll get. It's built into each and every one of us to resist being forced to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    So far my work place here in Denmark embraces it to the extend that we're obligated (not forced) to get to the office when we have meetings that are best suited for face-to-face communication (workshops etc). So yeah, it's so far from my reality that I just can't comprehend how those employers expect to be able to keep people working for them. It's clear as day, the more restrictive you are the more resistance you'll get. It's built into each and every one of us to resist being forced to anything.
    Hardly. Millions upon Millions of Americans ahve no issue commuting to work and working in the office. The only ones resisting are the 209 somethings reeking of entitlement who think they get to dictate to their employer the rules. Employers can expect it because there are plenty of people who will come to the office to work and don't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Great news.....take your lazy ass back to work.

Why should someone who WFH make almost as much as a Truck Driver who sees home once every 3-4 weeks for 3-4 days?
    Maybe the issue is not that people that can work from home work from home but that the truck drivers are not compensated fairly. The bad guys in this story are not the WFH workers OR the truck drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Hardly. Millions upon Millions of Americans ahve no issue commuting to work and working in the office. The only ones resisting are the 209 somethings reeking of entitlement who think they get to dictate to their employer the rules. Employers can expect it because there are plenty of people who will come to the office to work and don't have a problem with it.
    You do understand that arguments like "we always did it this way" and "everyone else is doing it as well" are no real arguments at all, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crimpson View Post
    I dunno. There are some people who just rather have that in person contact when working. I personally like WFH so I don't have to drive to work, but I kind of miss having that one on one interaction with my Co-workers and getting together to get lunch and interacting with them about random stuff.
    Almost all places give you the choice. You want to go to the office to socialize or because the kids at home are too loud? Sure, go ahead.
    You prefer WFH because it saves you 3 hours every day? Awesome, let's go!
    However, if you think it's ok to force ME into the office, because YOU want to socialize, that's a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    Tell that to warehouse workers and Uber drivers lol
    Come on man. It's obviously about jobs that CAN be from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You do understand that arguments like "we always did it this way" and "everyone else is doing it as well" are no real arguments at all, right?
    Yes they are real arguments because it debunks the notion that the minority who want to WFH are a maissve revolution. They are not. As I said, there are far more workers who will come into to take those jkobs than the few who are whining because they have to get off their rear to go to work.They are highly replaceable.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2023-02-23 at 08:16 PM.

Sure, but that's expensive (time consuming) for a business to replace their employees often. I guess we're talking about the few who resists the anti-WFH to their bones. But you can go a long way by planning on-site meetings in advance and having the arguments up-front, instead of just throwing the "because I said so" in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    Sure, but that's expensive (time consuming) for a business to replace their employees often. I guess we're talking about the few who resists the anti-WFH to their bones. But you can go a long way by planning on-site meetings in advance and having the arguments up-front, instead of just throwing the "because I said so" in their faces.
    It's not throwing anything in their faces. They made an announcement. It's the twenty somethigns who are throwing a fit over it, a fit they would still throw if they had those meetings you talk about. IT does not matter how you do it, those people will cry about it because they think they get to dictate all the rules and they run the company, not those who own it.

Yes they are real arguments because it debunks the notion that the minority who want to WFH are a maissve revolution. They are not. As I said, there are far more workers who will come into to take those jkobs than the few who are whining because they have to get off their rear to go to work.They are highly replaceable.
    Ok that was answer tells me everything about you I need to know.
    I am assuming at this point that you are trolling hardcore btw - and you made me bite! Congrats, you are doing it very well!