Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If they would add vanilla timewalking, which dungeons would you like to see?

Same with Mythic+ tbh.

I think i'd like it to be Deadmines, The Stockade, Sunken Temple and Maraudon.
    And some more ofc, but those were my favourites.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

They redid most of them already over the years.

Only untouched ones would be Dire Maul and Blackfathom Deeps I think, neither of which I would particyularily want to revisit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    They redid most of them already over the years.

Only untouched ones would be Dire Maul and Blackfathom Deeps I think, neither of which I would particyularily want to revisit.
    Dire Maul was split up and parts were sort of removed.
    Still not a fun dungeon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Same with Mythic+ tbh.

Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, The Stockade, Wailing Caverns.

And the ORIGINAL, Sunken Temple, Blackrock Depth, and all Scarlet Monastery sections.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Same with Mythic+ tbh.

Deadmines definitely. I think Stockade is too linear to be considered tbh. they usually add 6 so I would choose Deadmines, Sunken Temple, Shadowfang Keep, Scholomance, Wailing Caverns and Zul'farrak

you know what would be interesting as a bit of a trial run? both wings of Stratholme in a single run, make it like 45 minutes to an hour or something. just to see whether people will actually do it or whether they will avoid it like the plague. then you could do M+ for LBRS, BRD etc if the playerbase react well to it.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2023-02-18 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ only, as I don't enjoy the breeze through mode that TW currently is.

But M+ vanilla? Probably all of them, and pre-cata redesign at that. Yes, I'm prepared to concede that I have a healthy a pair of rose-tinted glasses on when I say that, but that's how I'd prefer it. Do whatever mechanical or graphical stuff you have to to upgrade them for M+, but don't touch the layouts or anything.

If I had to be specific? I'd probably choose the ones I ran the most before I moved on to raiding back in Vanilla. Those would be......
    - UBRS
    - Stratholme (Undead side)

Christ, did I run anything else? I don't really remember. Scholomance perhaps. I wasn't a big fan of any of the Dire Maul "wings". LBRS wasn't one I often did.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Deadmines definitely. I think Stockade is too linear to be considered tbh. they usually add 6 so I would choose Deadmines, Sunken Temple, Shadowfang Keep, Scholomance, Wailing Caverns and Zul'farrak

you know what would be interesting as a bit of a trial run? both wings of Stratholme in a single run, make it like 45 minutes to an hour or something. just to see whether people will actually do it or whether they will avoid it like the plague. then you could do M+ for LBRS, BRD etc if the playerbase react well to it.
    If they bothered to make the zombies in the Stratholme gauntlet give more XP it could become one of the more popular leveling dungeons, but I doubt they'll do that ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadmines definitely. I think Stockade is too linear to be considered tbh..
    WoW's dungeon design has always been linear. Stockade only feels like it's a bit more because, well, it's an actual dungeon and there's not much verticality to it. I mean, deadines is a cave/mine that only truly opens up at the very end.

I mean, remember Sanguine Depths? It was, for the most part, a single corridor.

10+ Year Old Account
    except Mara, DiM, U/LBRS, i love all other classic dungeons and would love to see them again, but i hate the concept of mythic+ itself in first place still
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Zul Farrak. Hands down. I feel most dungeons mentioned here were revamped with Cata, so I don't really consider them vanilla. Also I strongly dislike cramped spaces. So stockades get a hard veto from me and DM is not much better in that regard.

But Zul Farrak would be a nice m+ addition, since it gives you a lot of freedom. A problem is the number of bosses, though.

Another one would be gnomeregan. Also pretty open with many paths to take.

My 6 picks for timewalking would be:
    1. Zul Farrak
    2. Gnomeregan
    3. Ragefire Chasm
    4. Temple of Atal'hakkar
    5. Stratholme
    6. Wailing Caverns

And I would love to get Blackrock Depths as a Mega dungeon.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2023-02-18 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Zul Farrak. Hands down. I feel most dungeons mentioned here were revamped with Cata, so I don't really consider them vanilla. Also I strongly dislike cramped spaces. So stockades get a hard veto from me and DM is not much better in that regard.

But Zul Farrak would be a nice m+ addition, since it gives you a lot of freedom. A problem is the number of bosses, though.

Another one would be gnomeregan. Also pretty open with many paths to take.
    This reminds of something that's been on my mind recently.

Jintha'Alor in the Hinterlands. For some reason I thought it was a dungeon, but it's just a normal sub-zone, but I think it'd be a good candidate to make a "new" dungeon, especially when one considers that Blizzard enjoys reusing zone assets by turning them into dungeons (Algethar Academy, Nokhud Offensive...)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This reminds of something that's been on my mind recently.

Jintha'Alor in the Hinterlands. For some reason I thought it was a dungeon, but it's just a normal sub-zone, but I think it'd be a good candidate to make a "new" dungeon, especially when one considers that Blizzard enjoys reusing zone assets by turning them into dungeons (Algethar Academy, Nokhud Offensive...)
    You're right, it always felt like a dungeon when leveling in it (in classic). But I think there are enough troll dungeons as it is, so it would bring nothing new to the table. If Blizzard were to reuse a zone asset it would most likely be Zul Gurub again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're right, it always felt like a dungeon when leveling in it (in classic). But I think there are enough troll dungeons as it is, so it would bring nothing new to the table. If Blizzard were to reuse a zone asset it would most likely be Zul Gurub again.
    Hey, according to (some) player sentiment, you can never have enough trolls.

Hmm, now that I think about it, that would make for a nice exercise:

What sub-zones or niches do people think would make a good dungeon? Particularly in vanilla.

They should bring back the original versions and give them a hard mode difficulty, making them like proper mini raids. Clearing all of Sunken Temple took so long back in the day but having in-game maps certainly helps a lot considering how often we got lost and wasted a lot of time. Wailing Caverns also got nerfed hard where they cut out a whole area that made up like 1/3 of its size.

Blizzard have said that MoP are the oldest set of dungeons that they consider viable for m+, likely because of their design in regards to CM.

That said, SM and Scholomance were both reworked in MoP and should be considered as viable candidates.

I'd love to see either of those dungeons in the m+ seasonal pool one day.

As for regular timewalking, it'd be difficult to make any of the dungeons from vanilla even remotely challenging.

They're just not designed for the kind of complexity found in modern dungeons and the skill sets players have to combat that.

Even in TBC and WotLK timewalking it's quite evident already that things are just too simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Hey, according to (some) player sentiment, you can never have enough trolls.

Hmm, now that I think about it, that would make for a nice exercise:

What sub-zones or niches do people think would make a good dungeon? Particularly in vanilla.
    Fargodeep or Jasperlode Mine. Just for nostalgia's sake.

The pirate ships and beach southwest of Booty Bay.

Also the pirate beaches in Tanaris.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Blizzard have said that MoP are the oldest set of dungeons that they consider viable for m+, likely because of their design in regards to CM.
    Which makes no sense to me at all, considering they put SBG in the current rotation and had two incredibly simple (and buggy) WoD dungeons in the last rotation.
    Pretty much every Cata dungeon is superior in terms of mechanics to MoP and especially WoD dungeons. CM wasn't even "hard". Sure it was somewhat hard since you could not outgear it. But in most of the CM dungeons the difficulty comes from simple numbers, not from mechanics.

I think dungeons like Grim Batol, vortex pinnacle or even Halls of Origination (maybe with a rotation of 2 of the 4 final bosses?) were mechanically superior to most new dungeons in WoD and MoP.

Same with Mythic+ tbh.

No thank you to those suggestions.

Stratholme, the dark iron dwarf city (forgot the name) come to mind. That place in Ashenvale with the hydra. Zul'farrak.

Though they should make them a bit more rewarding, like some of them should count as two runs for the purpose of completing the weekly quest, because you'll want them as they were.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Well, they just restored Stratholme as one whole dungeon if you enter normally ie not in dungeon finder. So, they could easily do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    No thank you to those suggestions.

Stratholme, the dark iron dwarf city (forgot the name) come to mind.
    You mean Shadowforge city? Stratholme is up north in The Eastern Plaguelands.

I think that would basically be the old BRD Emperor run.

wont happen the modern wow player cant handle the length of the dungeons.