Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    World of Warcraft - Attack of the Ninjas

There is nothing in lore that points to something like that.

Dark Rangers could have been a thing in Shadowlands.
    Which is exactly why it will happen anyway.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    World of Warcraft - Attack of the Ninjas

There is nothing in lore that points to something like that.

Dark Rangers could have been a thing in Shadowlands.
    the idea was more of Pirates Vs Ninjas, WoW edition. Though we should find a way to add zombies and dinosaurs as well. and yes this is all a joke, obviously a poor one
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-02-18 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Indeed, and all them them use very widely used mount rigs.

They can expand the DR animations to every mount that shares their rig.
    Literally every Proto-Drake, Proto-Drake adjacent, Drake, Drake adjacent, Wyvern, Wyvern adjacent and Pterrodax, Pterrodax adjacent mount.
    Not Drakes. Highland Drake uses completely differentr skeleton than the old drake mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Lol, big yikes. Ozruk was well known during Cata and ppl still put his quotes as one of the most memorable in WoW history. Hell, he probably killed more players alltogether than Morchok. He still does during timewalking.

You may not remember him, but saying he's unmemorable is pure contrarianism.
    Really? Let's talk about memorable quotes.

"You are not prepared!"

"By fire be purged!"

"Too soon! You have awakened me too soon, Executus!"

"Thrall's balls!"

Which ones of those did Ozruk say, again?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Not Drakes. Highland Drake uses completely differentr skeleton than the old drake mounts.
    Even if so, all the others are not. Zero chances DR will be scrapped past DF. It's wildly popular and improves old system greatly. "It's DF feature" argument holds zero weight, when crapton of other expansion features made it to the core game, simply becasue they were good.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

"You are not prepared!"

"By fire be purged!"

"Thrall's balls!"

None of those, as those weren't his lines.
    His iconic line was 'Break yourself upon my body! Feel the strength of the Earth!'

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

"You are not prepared!"

"By fire be purged!"

"Thrall's balls!"

Are you trying to say these were the only 4 memorable quotes from the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can’t see a scenario where Blizzard has a Yrel invasion and a Pirate expansion, and goes with Pirates. Especially given the anniversaries of WoD and WoW coming up for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I can’t see a scenario where Blizzard has a Yrel invasion and a Pirate expansion, and goes with Pirates. Especially given the anniversaries of WoD and WoW coming up for the next expansion.
    Why would they celebrate one of their most hated expansions?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well, the most likely = easiest way is that their body models are considered solid, with the gaps between the wraps transparent/translucent, but covered by the 2D textures of armor.
    Don't want that? Simply mog the item to be hidden.
    There's a lot of possibilities to have customizations that would visible with e.g. a hidden Chest armor.

Going in a more general direction, I wish we could separate the 3D parts of armor from the 2D textures, to have plates, straps etc. independent from the base armor.
    I once bugged out the Wowhead Modelviewer switching from one Bastion Plate set to another:

Even this simple contrast looked quite fascinating.

To bring it back to Ethereals, hiding the armor texture but keeping 3D bits would make for some very interesting looks.

Shadreen, a stalker in Telogrus, is already confirmed to be an antagonist per the Brawler's Guild storyline.

And in general, I fail to see your point. The Void Elves were about to be corrupted by the mostly evil faction of Void Ethereals, and are now being assisted in the use of their new powers by the one Void Ethereal we assume is "good". One that is hated by both the Void-aligned Ethereals and the ones that are fighting the Void.

That's no argument that either type would prefer to join the Alliance.

Ethereals being a neutral race makes the most sense.
    Excluding the Allied Races, "all" new races since MoP have been neutral. That these two races also came with a class is no precedent, and would be offset if another race or three would be introduced as well.
    Altho a cool idea, dont you think the lack of transmog will hit hard on them? we have seen it with Dracthyr as well, this might be improved over the future, but can't help but thinking, well I will not be able to use most of the armor.

I agree it will look off, to slap the old 2d pieces on them, but they would need A LOT of options to make them cool and not boring after finding out, farming transmog or w/e will not be as fun. Since this is all about esthetics, it does raise an eyebrow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Altho a cool idea, dont you think the lack of transmog will hit hard on them?
    To be clear, I was saying Ethereals should have all Transmog slots, with the wraps and jewelry and other customization doodads visible when you choose to hide that slot.

And on top of that, my idea to let all characters use the 3D parts of armor independently from the simple textures.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Blackrock Mountain being reworked could be interesting.
    For M+ as dungeons? Or total rework?
    I'd suggest both would be very cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    For M+ as dungeons? Or total rework?
    I'd suggest both would be very cool.
    This place has like 3 raids and 4 dungeons from different time periods. I think total rework is out of the question. The place that really needs an update is Dire Maul.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This place has like 3 raids and 4 dungeons from different time periods. I think total rework is out of the question. The place that really needs an update is Dire Maul.
    Modern day Dire Maul with M+.
    Sounds juicy!
    What do you guys think, will Blizz go beyond MoP dungeons for Mythic+ pool?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds juicy!
    No, unless it's a reworked version, like UBRS. They did say that pre-MoP dungeons are too anachronistic for M+, and they already had to make lots of changes in Jade Serpent to make it work.

Sounds juicy!
    They would need to come up with 3 times more new mechanics for these than they have now. Most of the old dungeons were tank and spank.

Edit: well maybe not Cata and Wotlk, but vanilla and tbc were very poor in mechanics terms.

7+ Year Old Account
    They could very well include some cata dungeons.

SBRs popularity this season shows that the dungeons don't need to be pumped with mechanics to work.
    Same with Temple.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They could very well include some cata dungeons.

SBRs popularity this season shows that the dungeons don't need to be pumped with mechanics to work.
    Same with Temple.
    SBR is from an expansion later, and we have seen in SL that WoD dungeons mostly hold up in M+. Meanwhile, they had to implemented a crapton of new trash with new abilities in Jade. Fish guys in the water wing with an extra pack in boss room. Removing one of the bosses in scroll wing. Possessed pandas and big Sha dudes being spread around later section. Boss room having previously only a single trash pack, now has three small and one big pack. And these were only trash changes. Fish dude for example got entire phase 1 removed. That's probably why Blizz does not want to go any deeper into dungeon pool.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-19 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I don't see why a pirate theme wouldn't be possible. It was a bit the theme of BfA, and Dragonflight is literally just an expedition to the dragon isles where we help them. A soft theme does not mean that it will be centered only on that.

Personally I would like to discover the other hemisphere of Azeroth. Just imagine new lands... really new while staying on Azeroth. New races and cultures, new landscapes and new challenges. So yes. A theme about pirates who discover the lands beyond the veiled sea would be very interesting.

But it is better not to have too many illusions. By dint of dreaming we end up being disappointed with reality.
    i felt they should have done a fork off of WoW Classic instead of doing BC Classic and Wrath Classic (because you quickly run out of material once you reach Cata). The way it would work is that it would be focused on smaller adventurers that fit between Vanilla and BC, so it doesnt disrupt the lore. You can fit a small Scarlet xpac in there, a small pirate xpac in there, a small murloc xpac, etc. Things that are minor and dont change the world. Lorewise, you can say "oh, those things happened as well but we didnt cover it until now".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Altho a cool idea, dont you think the lack of transmog will hit hard on them? we have seen it with Dracthyr as well, this might be improved over the future, but can't help but thinking, well I will not be able to use most of the armor.

I agree it will look off, to slap the old 2d pieces on them, but they would need A LOT of options to make them cool and not boring after finding out, farming transmog or w/e will not be as fun. Since this is all about esthetics, it does raise an eyebrow for me.
    My primary point was more along these lines—I think any transmog at all would bad on them, so the option to use integrated armor pieces feels like it would be useful.