Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok can we not derail this entire threat with yet another elf debate?

On topic, I want Hozen, Sethrak, Venthyr, Mogu and Ogres on the horde side. I don’t much care what the alliance gets, though I suspect all races will be neutral going forward
    Last edited by Phaelia; 2023-02-18 at 11:44 PM.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

7+ Year Old Account
    Mogu, Vrykul and Sethrak.

Tortollan, I want a raging turtle Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Do you think blood elf demon hunters are no longer blood elves? They went through a significantly more extensive transformation process. Is Malfurion not a night elf anymore because he has antlers and feathers? Did Tyrande stop being a night elf while she was the Night Warrior and had black eyes and more glowy magic than normal?

Man'ari and Lightforged are both still Draenei. Being infused with magic doesn't inherently change your race.

"Void Elves" are a group of void infused high/blood elves. The mild version are -identical- to high elves beyond the fact that they can become infused with a surge of void magic or use void magic to teleport short distances. Is a blood elf shadow priest not a blood elf because it can infuse itself with shadow magic and grow tentacles?
    Ok you clearly don't understand the meaning of word "literally". Thanks for making it clear to all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    For in-game purposes, yes they are. You’re asking for something that cannot and will not be. Let it die. You get to make high elves of either faction, but you’re so hung up on specific vocabulary and racial abilities that you can’t see it.

Also. They actually can be literally the same thing, high elves that became void elves. They can even retain their high elf look entirely. Just because you want to nitpick and split hairs, on someone ELSE’S lore and world no less lol, will never make you right or get you what you want.

And for anyone who wants to argue about High Elves and Void Elves not being the same, save your breath, I’m a huge Elf fan and already know that. I’m just saying - you can play a high elf in wow already if you have even just the tiniest bit of imagination and don’t have the insufferable need to get everything you want exactly how you want it. I’ve been playing my high elf a la WC3 for a while now very happily. I even got a Dark Ranger now. Cool.

That being said…. I love the addition of any and all new races so by all means if they want to add more elves, I’d make one!

Edit: still Naga forever. But also, Earthen. I’d never play one but I think it would be neat to see stone dwarves playable. There’s at least one faction of them out there that would be willing to help, I think.

I really would love the addition of a couple playable races that don’t have two legs. Mechagnomes don’t have access to all armor slot transmogs, so there is already precedent there, so so think it would be easy to do! Lots more options there such as Centaur or Naga, again.
    Why would I 'ler it die"? It's something that I want in the game that isn't in so I'll keep asking for it, don't care how likely it will be fulfilled.

And Void Elf's from the aesthetic point of view are further from high elves than blood elves so it was a complete miss for me. So I will keep voicing my opinion whenever the topic is raised because Void Elves are garbage nobody ever asked for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jus to further expand what i said about races who didn't got their shot, we still didn't get:

1. Ogres(H) & Vrykul(A)
    2.Forest trolls (H) & I would say wildhammer dwarves, but they were shoehorned into the normal dwarves, so the metal dwarves(A)
    3.Ice Dwarves (A) & Ice trolls (H)
    4 Saberons(H) & Botani(A) - that made their way into azeroth from draenor back in BFA and yet we didn't saw any or much signs of then so far.
    5.Mogu(A) & Klakxi(H)
    6.Jinyu(A) & Hozen(H) probably updated versions of then, more humanoid, but they can work
    7.Venthyr(H) & Night fae/fauns(A)

And those are only the ones on the top of my head. many fo those are already part of the factions, and would be damn easy to make playable, but the devs are "no thanks".

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    Splitting hairs and dragging it out won’t change the fact that we already have playable High Elves. I’m playing one right now it’s so fun!!! The tooltip says Void Elf but with the power of not crying, I can plainly see it looks like and talks like and walks like a high elf!
    who is "splitting hairs"? they are not high elves, they are void elves, elves mutated by the void, that is their lore and fantasy. you can RP the way you want for sure, but this is not up to debate, it is in lore, and the game explicitly say they are a different race with different racials.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-02-18 at 11:57 PM.

I think people should consider what an allied race traditionally is. They reuse some of the assets or skeleton rig of another race that already exists, with some looking like a recolor, while others have extra flair and more adjustment (Like the vulpera). Kul'tirans have been described as the exception, as they added a completely new rig. Again, this is the exception.

Mok'nathal for example would be reusing the Kul'tiran rig as we've seen with Rexxar, so they'd be an allied race.
    Ogres would need a complete revamp to their existing rig, or even a new one, to even be a playable race. They'd be a regular race.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Ok you clearly don't understand the meaning of word "literally". Thanks for making it clear to all.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would I 'ler it die"? It's something that I want in the game that isn't in so I'll keep asking for it, don't care how likely it will be fulfilled.

And Void Elf's from the aesthetic point of view are further from high elves than blood elves so it was a complete miss for me. So I will keep voicing my opinion whenever the topic is raised because Void Elves are garbage nobody ever asked for.
    The point is that we have literal high elf costumizations for both horde and alliance now. We already had high elves since 2007 to be fair, but the void elves were the solution to give alliance an exact blood elf copy after years of whining. Still asking for a high elf allied race after all of this is kinda .. uh idk, very hard to get behind.

OT: Vrykul.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-19 at 12:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I think people should consider what an allied race traditionally is. They reuse some of the assets or skeleton rig of another race that already exists, with some looking like a recolor, while others have extra flair and more adjustment (Like the vulpera). Kul'tirans have been described as the exception, as they added a completely new rig. Again, this is the exception.

Mok'nathal for example would be reusing the Kul'tiran rig as we've seen with Rexxar, so they'd be an allied race.
    Ogres would need a complete revamp to their existing rig, or even a new one, to even be a playable race. They'd be a regular race.
    Ogres could just re-use the kul'tiran skeleton as well.

Thing is, allied race is no different from normal race at this point, the dracthyr share skeleton with another unit, that i forgot now, incubi i guess, and the visage model is an elf and a human

the big difference was that with allied race you could do more without a starting zone, and they even said in some interviews that allied races was the way to go to add new races for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrakoa for Alliance and Ogres for the Horde.

Also they need to remove all requirements for existing allied races by 11.0.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Arrakoa for Alliance and Ogres for the Horde.

Also they need to remove all requirements for existing allied races by 11.0.
    Ogres deserve a mention and spot in the horde, but I feel it's one of those races that gets mentioned every time (like walrus people) but will end up being played less, because of proportions/clunkyness and overral dull looking. I don't think Kul'tiran animations will help with that. Ogres would need a complete redo, if high maul orges are anything to think about, it will just be panda level excitment.

You might think.. noo way you are crazy, we are talking ogres!! , but most people end up liking the normal/aka human proportion models. Thats my prediction with Ogres tbh.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-02-19 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ogres could just re-use the kul'tiran skeleton as well.

Thing is, allied race is no different from normal race at this point, the dracthyr share skeleton with another unit, that i forgot now, incubi i guess, and the visage model is an elf and a human

the big difference was that with allied race you could do more without a starting zone, and they even said in some interviews that allied races was the way to go to add new races for the future
    I could see something halfway between allied race and core race. Perhaps they won't share a skeleton anymore, and seem more like a true core race, but they won't have a capital city or a unique starter zone either. Maybe their integration into the greater world will be limited to a few NPCs in the faction capitals and only new quests moving forward. They could also be added mid-expansion or end of expansion, instead of needing to be released with the expansion too.

And even though it's a lot less added for each new race, it also means you could get them in greater quantities. I'd rather have 10 new ones without new cities than 2 with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul but for both.

Northrend Vrykul for the Horde.
    Classes DK, Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Shaman, Warlock
    Unique skins. Undead, Frost

Broken Shore Vrykul for the Alliance.
    Classes Paladin, Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Shaman, Mage
    Unique skins. Iron, Valarjar

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You can just not bother replying instead of painfully trying to sidestep a post because you don't actually have any counter-arguments. It's way simpler.

The Steward owl people from Shadowlands.

You can just not bother replying instead of painfully trying to sidestep a post because you don't actually have any counter-arguments. It's way simpler.
    Literally the same means exactly the same. 1:1.

If they are the same but transformed by void magic then they are not exactly the same..how can it be so hard to understand?

Your demon hunter comparison makes no sense because demon hunter training isnt the same as void transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The point is that we have literal high elf costumizations for both horde and alliance now. We already had high elves since 2007 to be fair, but the void elves were the solution to give alliance an exact blood elf copy after years of whining. Still asking for a high elf allied race after all of this is kinda .. uh idk, very hard to get behind.
    Been a fan of HE mostly because of WC2 nostalgia, but otherwise I don't care much if Blizz adds em or not since they're practically playable through customizations.

Question is to me though is why even bother dancing around them this long and not just make and give proper High Elves, like players actually wanted. Not sure why we ended up with Void Elf that ended up having to be given High Elf customizations. It's not like people were asking for Void Elves to begin with.

I get that it's a strange request to be asking for HE at this point, but if they're already this close, it isn't really that hard for them to just tack on a new set of racials, give em the official name, and just get it over with. They even gave us official Mag'har. It's not like they needed to make 'Void Orcs' with customizations to look brown skinned to make it happen. And if that were the case, I think a request for real Mag'har could still be quite valid.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-02-19 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand that Void Elves are literally made up of Blood and High elves who have been infused with void magic.
    But Void Elves are not High Elves anymore, they are Void Elves. Just like Blood Elves aren't High Elves anymore either, just like Void Elves, they went through a transforming factor and stopped being High Elves.

Else we might as well call Night Elves for Trolls if transformation/changes don't apply?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What is obvious is that High elves will never happen at this stage of the game. We already have Void elves, who are literally stated to be a version of "High elves" by Game Director Ion. Furthermore, many High elves have plunged themselves into the study of the Void in Telogrus Rift, which is why the Ren'dorei also have biological Untainted High elves in their ranks and customization options pool, not just the Void-infused High elf variant (the one that was originally shipped in 2017).

Lorewise, Vereesa Windrunner seems to be subservient to Alleria Windrunner and just follow her wherever she goes.

The time of the Untainted High elves is over and I cannot foresee any scenario in which they are added as a playable allied race.

But enough about the allied races that will NEVER be added.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some new variant of Naga race that can turn into a sort of Drowned-corrupted elf. There are some interesting concepts on this very forum from a few years ago. I think Naga could work either way, I wouldn't exclude the possibility of them being an allied race with some transformation gimmick. They would obviously make more sense in the Alliance due to the presence of Void elves (fellow Void-transformed elves) and Night elves (their untainted kin).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2023-02-19 at 02:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I don’t get why people keep saying “High Elves”.
    What would even differentiate them customization wise from Void Elves enough to warrant a new allied race? They’re just Blood Elves with blue eyes, which we’ve got with Blood Elves and now Void Elves.

We should get Undead & Worgen based allied races though before we backpedal into the races that’ve already got one.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-02-19 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Mogu, Vrykul and Sethrak.
    Oh, yes. Forgot the Mogu!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..