Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My friend's reaction "€100!".
    Me: "yeah that's €100 for PC and €100 for PS5".

Disappointed with Physical CE so I won't be getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    My friend's reaction "€100!".
    Me: "yeah that's €100 for PC and €100 for PS5".

Disappointed with Physical CE so I won't be getting that.
    I think it’s funny when people say 100 Eu is a lot.

It’s like they have no idea what stuff even goes for anymore.

How much people spend daily or Monthly in Various different Mobile games or MMORPGs.

Heck, To get an outfit in Vindictus you have to dish out like 300 EU on their RnG boxes.

1 person spent 1700 Euro on Genshin impact between 2020-2021

Diablo immortal made 49Mil in it’s first month
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2023-02-21 at 09:23 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

How much people spend daily or Monthly in Various different Mobile games or MMORPGs.

Heck, To get an outfit in Vindictus you have to dish out like 300 EU on their RnG boxes.

Not sure what kind of fantasy world you live in, but with increased costs of electricity, food etc. I don't think I can say that putting out 70 euro on a game is good for most people atm.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Not sure what kind of fantasy world you live in, but with increased costs of electricity, food etc. I don't think I can say that putting out 70 euro on a game is good for most people atm.
    Dude if you can’t spend 70 euro 2-3 times a year for 2-3 games, maybe you have more serious issues than worrying about gaming.

70 euros is just a cheap dinner in a random cheap restaurant for 2 people (at least in Italy).

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Without trying to belittle anyone for whom $70 is subjectively a lot of money (and there are many such people), games are luxuries. They're entertainment products. And as such, they are probably better value overall than most alternatives.

A game like D4 can be expected to provide HUNDREDS of hours of entertainment. Easily THOUSANDS for the big-dick grinders.

You'd be hard-pressed to find many other entertainment products where $70 buys you hundreds of engaging, varied, and constantly updated hours of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's funny when people don't think 300 or 1700 used on a single game is stupidly huge amount of money and then use "someone else spent X amount on game Y" argument to justify game Z being expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Without trying to belittle anyone for whom $70 is subjectively a lot of money (and there are many such people), games are luxuries. They're entertainment products. And as such, they are probably better value overall than most alternatives.

A game like D4 can be expected to provide HUNDREDS of hours of entertainment. Easily THOUSANDS for the big-dick grinders.

You'd be hard-pressed to find many other entertainment products where $70 buys you hundreds of engaging, varied, and constantly updated hours of entertainment.
    Path of Exile, and the upcoming rework PoE2. Both of which have and will continue to provide more than d3 and d4 will for free.

Activision is greedy as eff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavein View Post
    Path of Exile, and the upcoming rework PoE2. Both of which have and will continue to provide more than d3 and d4 will for free.

I wish people would stop using Path of Exile as an excuse that a game provides content for free.

It doesn't. It has a cash shop that completely ruins my in game experience.

Yes, I want to have a good looking character and gear drops that make it look cooler. Path of Exile doesn't offer this, the game has ugly characters, drops that look like crap even their in game shop costumes look terrible.

Diablo IV with it's €100 price tag is a better buy for people like me than Path of Exile would be even if they paid me to play the game.

Makes single player games so much more appealing...

The people moaning about spending 70 euros on a game that will probably give them thousands of hours of gameplay are probably the same people that spend 70 euros in a good restaurant and have nothing to show for it an hour later, yet can justify the latter but not the former because "Activision are greedy".

Never really understood the moaning either, if you can't afford to buy something for that price then don't, no need to say Activision are greedy because of it. Can I afford a Rolex? no, do I sit here crying saying Rolex are greedy? no. Sure games are a luxury but so is most things in life, do people need to spend 70 euros on a jacket or probably double that? no.

Just another classic case of people moaning for the sake of moaning, most of the folk moaning probably have no intention of playing D4 but hey, why not moan about something as that seems to be a hobby for everyone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Makes single player games so much more appealing...
    I don't like em.

Games with a definitive "end" just leaves you empty and depressed imo, with a massive "What now?" feeling.

But maybe because i get attached to things very easily.

I rather play the games that are infinite.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I don't like em.

Games with a definitive "end" just leaves you empty and depressed imo, with a massive "What now?" feeling.

But maybe because i get attached to things very easily.

I rather play the games that are infinite.
    I'm the actual opposite right now, i want to reach the point when i'm done and can do something else. Doesn't matter if it takes longer or it's a seasonal thing where i come back periodically, but i want to get stuff done.

If there's nothing like that, i'm just quitting the game forever, because nothing i can do has value since there's no end to the game until it gets closed or i get bored.

The absence of an end goal kills any interest. I've grown out of the "one game forever" phase. Because it simply doesn't exist - either it never changes and you eventually get tired of it or keeps evolving to the point is not the game you liked anymore.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2023-02-21 at 02:25 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm the actual opposite right now, i want to reach the point when i'm done and can do something else. Doesn't matter if it takes longer or it's a seasonal thing where i come back periodically, but i want to get stuff done.

If there's nothing like that, i'm just quitting the game forever, because nothing i can do has value since there's no end to the game until it gets closed or i get bored.

The absence of an end goal kills any interest. I've grown out of the "one game forever" phase.
    Yeah same with me, I'm fully satisfied with a game when it ends or I reach a goal I put for myself in the game. I do play infinite games, but usually it's for the community rather than just having more generic stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah same with me, I'm fully satisfied with a game when it ends or I reach a goal I put for myself in the game. I do play infinite games, but usually it's for the community rather than just having more generic stuff to do.
    Yeah, it depends on a lot of factors. Right now given my sparse and limited free time, anything that's pure single player of fully playable solo with occasional/non mandatory co-op (example, FF14 but playing only the story) automatically is 1000x better for me because i can jump in and out whenever i like without consequences.

I am waiting for D4, and i'm totally gonna play seasons - they need to be relatively easy to "complete" though. I mean clearing the battlepass, or achievements whatever and reaching a degree of power with my character. I'm not one that plays multiple characters per season or push ladders. If seasons are too long, i think i'm either sticking to non seasons but will lose interest pretty fast due to how many things i know i would miss.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I wish people would stop using Path of Exile as an excuse that a game provides content for free.

Yes, I want to have a good looking character and gear drops that make it look cooler. Path of Exile doesn't offer this, the game has ugly characters, drops that look like crap even their in game shop costumes look terrible.

Diablo IV with it's €100 price tag is a better buy for people like me than Path of Exile would be even if they paid me to play the game.
    It's not an excuse for anything though. I was responding to someone who posited the question of value. They challenged the notion that you would have a hard time finding fun//entertainment//value et el for under the absolute gauging price of d4.

I simply retorted that there was another game that provides such.

Yes PoE has a shop. You would be wise to spend $20 for some currency tabs. Aside from that (which if you don't want to, or don't have a spare twenty, you absolutely do not need to) the game is free. Not only this, but every three months they release what would equate to a diablo expansion (another $40 or more) for free. Every three months.

They also have league (seasonal for you diablos) achievements where you earn cosmetic rewards for free (because apparently that's the only thing preventing you from enjoying the game)

I digress, fair play, if you care a lot about aesthetics, and are willing to pay that amount just for that, good on ya! I personally won't, and that's fine too, but as stated at the beginning of this next to useless post, I was simply providing an answer to a myopic and poorly constructed question that one could answer easily and confidently within seconds, because aesthetics aside, PoE is vastly superior in almost every way to d3, and I'd be willing to wager a d4s price worth that PoE 2 will be infinitely better than the aforementioned competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was simply providing an answer to a myopic and poorly constructed question that one could answer easily and confidently within seconds, because aesthetics aside, PoE is vastly superior in almost every way to d3, and I'd be willing to wager a d4s price worth that PoE 2 will be infinitely better than the aforementioned competition.
    I tried PoE ages back, and I went back to D3, which I already owned, so cost wasn't a factor at all. I found PoE absolutely frustrating to play by comparison. I made that choice entirely on gameplay and aesthetics. Particularly the focus on trading and how loot drops function as a result.

Don't confuse personal preference for objective quality.

Yes PoE has a shop. You would be wise to spend $20 for some currency tabs. Aside from that (which if you don't want to, or don't have a spare twenty, you absolutely do not need to) the game is free. Not only this, but every three months they release what would equate to a diablo expansion (another $40 or more) for free. Every three months.
    I have also played POE quite a bit, but I don't like the combat as much as Diablo's, it feels disconnected and laggy even with good latency.

Over the years I have spent far more on PoE than I have on D2 or 3, sure I could have given them no money with being F2P, but that it hardly fair on the game developers of a game I've sunk over 500 hours into.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

People's entitlement in this thread is utterly despicable and reeks of cheap n00bz who feel they are too good to purchase a game. Guess what, no one cares. If u can't buy a game because of money issues, we sympathize for you but necessities do not include games, as games are entertainment and do not constitute as a necessity. For those that can afford but are bitching about the price tag, I have no sympathy for you. Get over your gross and dysfunctional entitlement and either pay for the game or GTFO and move on. No one cares. The world doesn't revolve around YOU nor does anyone want to hear your entitlement bullshit. Now, KFO.

Children need to leave now, lol. FFS!
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

But in PoE you look like complete clown unless you buy some MTX and theres tons of QoL in the shop like premium or specialized stash tabs. And do you even know how much full armour set cost in PoE shop? Add to this some MTX for skills for your build and the total cost for 1 character will be muuuuuch higher than this 70$ for D4.

I know not all people care about aesthetics but default look of the ingame armour is just awful to the point that I just straight away at level 1 put some MTX on my build while playing (I played for years so I accumulated few sets from challenges and bought some from shop).

And even when PoE is f2p I already spend alot more than 100$ just to have better playing experience (tabs + visuals + character slots because i don't like deleting high level invested builds even when i don't play standard).

So yeah, you can play PoE as f2p but for me its totally different experience when you invest money into it and if you wanna see some greedy practises just go into PoE shop and buy 1 armour set just for 200$. Oh, and don't forget to spend another 200 or 400 on the mystery boxes and buy the new awesome Kirac pass
    Last edited by Mamut; 2023-02-21 at 10:40 PM.

D4 is going to have a similar cash shop to path of exile, and the "cool" looking gear will be cash shop only.
    So....

That aside, we know what stuff poe offers in their shop - and aside inventory space, it's all cosmetics.
    D4 is yet to prove itself. Chances are, with what we've seen in WoW, that it's going to have more than just cosmetics.