View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    the whole problem with the brexit vote is that it was never defined. There was never a clear set of policies as to what it was going to be.

Which means all of the 17,410,742 Votes could have been a different brexit. The brexit vote got to capture this uncertainty of people voting for different brexits (soft/hard/swiss/norway etc etc) which is why they won. But its also why its such a fucking mess because nothing was set out before hand on what it would actually mean.

Brexit could mean whatever the government in power wanted it to mean. Which is why we got Mays Brexit and then Johnsons Brexit, and we will now get Rishi's Brexit and its looking likely we will get Starmers take on brexit afterwards.
    True. I think it isnt an outrageous assumption to think that most of the pro exit were hard exit. People tend to flock towards yes/no rather then shades of gray. I think it is fair to say no one really got what they wanted out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    The vote to leave was redone a half dozen times in hope people would vote the "right way".
    That's a flat out lie. We had one vote in 2016. Why are you lying?

Once it passed it wasn't the hard Brexit people wanted
    Citation needed. There have been NO studies carried out that indicated that a majority of those that voted Leave in 2016 wanted a hard Brexit. This is what's known in the trade as "projection", where you've decided the fact that YOU wanted a hard Brexit means everyone wanted it.

No matter your stance on pro or for the results are a depressing commentary on how little the democratic process matters.
    Leaving aside the fact that "pro or for" doesn't make any sense, I'd like an explanation of how this shows the democractic process doesn't matter. We voted to leave, we left. In the narrow, deeply flawed sense of how the 2016 referendum was set up, it was carried out. I'd argue it better shows how the democratic process can be hijacked by parties with their own agenda (*cough* Russia *cough*).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

True. I think it isnt an outrageous assumption to think that most of the pro exit were hard exit. People tend to flock towards yes/no rather then shades of gray. I think it is fair to say no one really got what they wanted out of it.
    Lies. Straight forward: lies. This is the sort of shit that has enabled Russia to commit genocide in Ukraine.

It's either blatant trolling or malicious propaganda.

And the sad thing, either way, is that the poster is getting a kick out of it.
    Last edited by LeGin v3; 2023-02-18 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

7+ Year Old Account
    We are not in the EU, we are out, not as out as I would like (looking at you ECHR) but stage 1 of Brexit has certainly been achieved.

Every day that passes we get further and further from complying with the 30 or so new EU regulations that are made and Britain gets more and more Brexity. It becomes harder and harder each day that passes to ever re-join with our growing non compliance of new EU rules that we would find unacceptable. The long term gradual trend away from any similarity with the EU is the natural process of evolution from the referendum result. I like most would love it to go faster than this snails pace we have, honouring the referendum result, but that is the fault of anti-democratic remainers and rejoiners using every trick in the book to delay the inevitable. So futile and so petty just because they lost.

In the end it doesn't matter how fast we go, even if we were to stay stationary the EU moves away from us and we get more and more of the beautiful Brexit. I like to think it's like consuming a slice of your favourite cake every day rather than stuffing yourself full in a short space of time and feeling over indulged.

Wonderful, each morning I wake and wonder what this days Brexit benefits will be as I take another piece of cake.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

What are you basing that assumption on?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    We are not in the EU, we are out, not as out as I would like (looking at you ECHR) but stage 1 of Brexit has certainly been achieved.

Every day that passes we get further and further from complying with the 30 or so new EU regulations that are made and Britain gets more and more Brexity. It becomes harder and harder each day that passes to ever re-join with our growing non compliance of new EU rules that we would find unacceptable. The long term gradual trend away from any similarity with the EU is the natural process of evolution from the referendum result. I like most would love it to go faster than this snails pace we have, honouring the referendum result, but that is the fault of anti-democratic remainers and rejoiners using every trick in the book to delay the inevitable. So futile and so petty just because they lost.

In the end it doesn't matter how fast we go, even if we were to stay stationary the EU moves away from us and we get more and more of the beautiful Brexit. I like to think it's like consuming a slice of your favourite cake every day rather than stuffing yourself full in a short space of time and feeling over indulged.

Wonderful, each morning I wake and wonder what this days Brexit benefits will be as I take another piece of cake.
    you could literally rejoin the single market and still call it brexit, which is pretty inevitable.

But, but, but....

THE CAKE IS A LIE

It always fucking was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Williams View Post
    But, but, but....

THE CAKE IS A LIE

It always fucking was.
    Ergo.... do you need any further proof that Dribbles is a troll.
    If I weren't golfing in Thailand right now, where boys can still be boys and I assure you I'm far from impotent, I could link all the sources for you but head to facts4eu and educate yourself, they will have them for you. Too much Guardian is not good for you.
    the dark ages, those were probably the fault of Europe too

I've been enjoying second season of Clarkson's Farm and let me tell you how utterly surprised I was about the hilarious amount of red tape he has to master to open a restaurant or even move some soil from one part of his farm to another. I thought the sunlit meadows of brexit Chadlington did away with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    What are you basing that assumption on?
    Human nature... if people are motivated to go out of their way and inconvenience themselves to give an opinion on something. They usually are either for or against not lukewarm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I've been enjoying second season of Clarkson's Farm and let me tell you how utterly surprised I was about the hilarious amount of red tape he has to master to open a restaurant or even move some soil from one part of his farm to another. I thought the sunlit meadows of brexit Chadlington did away with all of that.
    The sunlit meadows of Brexit Britain that cost farmers tens of thousands of pounds every year in EU subsidies that the UK government has yet to replace, while simultaneously allowing the import of meat from the other side of the planet at below what it costs to raise that animal to slaughter age in the UK, pushing many farmers to bankruptcy? Those sunlit meadows?

Human nature... if people are motivated to go out of their way and inconvenience themselves to give an opinion on something. They usually are either for or against not lukewarm on it.
    Plenty of "arch brexiteer" campaigners were saying things like "it would be insanity to leave the single market/customs union" or that farmers need not fear losing the only subsidies that were keeping them competitive. It is not unreasonable to assume that at least some of the voters believed those lies.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2023-02-19 at 12:25 AM.

And the UK is literally failing because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    cost farmers tens of thousands of pounds every year in EU subsidies that the UK government has yet to replace,
    Now don't be unfair, every last Farthing of the £350m a week UK isn't sending to the EU to come back in part earmarked for farmers is going to the NHS. Priorities, good chap. You wouldn't want to pay a private surgeon if you needed an emergency thumb operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    That's a flat out lie. We had one vote in 2016. Why are you lying?.
    Seems to me that he just likes to post disingenuous stuff in general without really understanding the subject at hand.

EDIT: I can see he doesn't even engage with the people that told him he was wrong/lying.
    Last edited by diller; 2023-02-19 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    Seems to me that he just likes to post disingenuous stuff in general without really understanding the subject at hand.

EDIT: I can see he doesn't even engage with the people that told him he was wrong/lying.
    Probably thinks a secret cabal of homosexuals infiltrated the UK to sabotage the Brexit vote. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you but I can't agree that this soft exit we currently have is close to the bill of goods sold for those wanting to exit.
    are you pretending to be british?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    rofl, do Conservatives just like, genuinely lack any self awareness in the UK as they do in the US? Does she think anyone actually likes her?

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    if only we could join some sort of group...or maybe a union? how about we call it the european union.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    rofl, do Conservatives just like, genuinely lack any self awareness in the UK as they do in the US? Does she think anyone actually likes her?
    my bro worked under her and said she used to make people do maths problems and if they didnt get them right she told them not to talk to her

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Anybody with anysense can see she is clearly a nutjob who has failed upwards and turned rebelling against her leftwing parents into a job! She isn't really fit to be a MP... nevermind hold a senior goverment position! How she thinks anybody could take anything she says seriously again is beyond me and comes across as delusional!

See my sig for the type of person she appeals to...

- - - Updated - - -

So depressingly correct about the state of the sunny uplands.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    So depressingly correct about the state of the sunny uplands.
    Since the underlying paradox (you can only pick 2: leaving the EU, GFA and keeping the UK whole) can't be solved maybe the tactic is to cycle through the plans and agreements regarding NI indefinitely every couple months.