Thread: D3 season 28

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Might actually be fun to level without a cache again for a change. Easy to skip a lot of interesting brackets where some underused abilities get to do stuff. If even for an hour.

The extra time to max isn't that big a deal, really. Sacrificing an hour to get what, a day or so of extra Altar time seems a fair trade for me. But it also makes total sense that people who don't jam it bonkers style on that first weekend would see things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I have a hard time seeing GOD doing a 150 without more pierce. Natalya's though is going to be quite strong, possibly one of the strongest builds in the game.
    Yep you're right now I look, I thought it was stronger for pushing going off the primary skills damage increase to 27,500%. But will make a very good starter set.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

I'm excited for this one. Most of all for the deterministic primals. Casuals might not care much about this, but it changes everything really. There has never been a better season to try out hard to roll for builds like LoD WoL (though it will still be relatively hard to roll for).

I also decided on wizard. Talrasha for farming and pushing, typhon for t16/bounties. Not the fastest for primal farming, but ez 150. A nice way to say goodbye to this game and perhaps diablo as a whole, because who the fuck knows what's really going to be under the hood of D4.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm excited for this one. Most of all for the deterministic primals.
    Only one primal as it will be unique equiped much as this seasons theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Its not a seasonal restriction fyi, you can do it right now on non-seasonal characters. I've knocked out a GR 130 on my WD after being able to get a +13% damage buff from creating the perfect primal weapon. The stats are randomized, but it shouldn't take but a couple rerolls to get it perfect.
    Still living in season 27, sorry... I did mean last season's theme where you could use only one of the crafted items at a time. Useful, but hardly game changing.

do u think they will shut down d3 after d4 is released or keep it in maintenance mode

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    do u think they will shut down d3 after d4 is released or keep it in maintenance mode
    Maintenance mode, they did that for D2 for years.

The new season looks fun, I usually play every other season and this lines up for me to enjoy the final season before D4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still living in season 27, sorry... I did mean last season's theme where you could use only one of the crafted items at a time. Useful, but hardly game changing.
    I dunno, I ran Season 27 as a Necro and with a Rathma's build with the crucible effect that caused Army of the Dead to constantly hit everything on-screen as a passive, and that was pretty damned game-changing. I didn't try and push GRs that high, but I was farming like GR90 just by running around, occasionally needed to pop an actual AotD cast on elite packs, but it'd be resetting every 10 seconds or so with the build I was using. Non-elites just near-instantly died.

Cause all the Rathma's and other buffs all applied to the crucible effect.

I also leveled up a Wizard mostly to knock out the last Conquest I needed, and none of their Crucible effects were nearly that insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I dunno, I ran Season 27 as a Necro and with a Rathma's build with the crucible effect that caused Army of the Dead to constantly hit everything on-screen as a passive, and that was pretty damned game-changing. I didn't try and push GRs that high, but I was farming like GR90 just by running around, occasionally needed to pop an actual AotD cast on elite packs, but it'd be resetting every 10 seconds or so with the build I was using. Non-elites just near-instantly died.

Cause all the Rathma's and other buffs all applied to the crucible effect.

I also leveled up a Wizard mostly to knock out the last Conquest I needed, and none of their Crucible effects were nearly that insane.
    welcome to wizard life, almost universally given the shit end of the stick because of a decade old meme.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    welcome to wizard life, almost universally given the shit end of the stick because of a decade old meme.
    Tbh, Tal'rasha is likely one of the easiest to play and the strongest builds in the game atm. So Wizard isn't that bad off come season 28.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Tal'rasha is likely one of the easiest to play and the strongest builds in the game atm. So Wizard isn't that bad off come season 28.
    that's mostly down to blizzard making new legendary powers on items that didn't have them previously and making it a braindead easy build to play now, previously it was one of the hardest most hoops to jump through builds you could play as a wizard, and that's saying something cos there's been a few of those in recent times.

They are expecting 150 clear on day 1 with Tal'rasha.

Here is the solo tier list for S28 on Maxroll. Many of the build's outside S tier will also be able to clear 150 with higher paragon.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    They are expecting 150 clear on day 1 with Tal'rasha.

Here is the solo tier list for S28 on Maxroll. Many of the build's outside S tier will also be able to clear 150 with higher paragon.
    Guess I'll try Crusader again. AoV looks fun, and I just mained Necro for 27.

I'm going dh because full circle, and want to try the new Natalya. The spin to win free set is anyway already viable to do everything really easy.

I don't even care about the GR, i'm just going to fill.up the altar and call it a day.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Guys what would be best class to jump into the season and just blast all the challenges and altar as fast as possible with minimal time investment? Did not played for months, wanna just jump in while waiting for D4 but I'm pretty sure I will be bored very fast so nothing that will require alot of farming specific gear or set.

Maybe something that works great with the starter set?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Guys what would be best class to jump into the season and just blast all the challenges and altar as fast as possible with minimal time investment? Did not played for months, wanna just jump in while waiting for D4 but I'm pretty sure I will be bored very fast so nothing that will require alot of farming specific gear or set.

That's the fastest. See the link to Maxroll Iliena gave a few posts up. See the builds with the Haedrig's Gift icon, those are the ones where you can pretty trivially get that set with the first few Season Journeys, and you're picking up the set 2 pieces at a time so each is a force multiplier as the set bonus activate.

That starter set means you're not waiting and trying to farm things at a lower Torment first, so your farming goes faster. If they're A-tier, they're pretty darned good, too, so you don't even need to try and get another build going, like you would for a non-Haedrig's set. Beyond that, "best class" is really subjective; I've never enjoyed Witch Doctor even though it's super powerful and some people's favorite. But that's not about class power, that's just my personal preferences. I tend to stick to Wizard/Necro/Crusader. Pick whatever suits your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post

DH starter is considered the best farming and speed set this season, on PTR I was clearing GR 100's in under 3 minutes with just a couple of upgrades and flew through T16 key farming as soon as I finished the set, so will also be really fast for bounties and finishing the Altar.

Here is a guide

Hmmm, I think Im gonna roll with Necro. Seems theres few viable interesting builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm going dh because full circle, and want to try the new Natalya. The spin to win free set is anyway already viable to do everything really easy.

I don't even care about the GR, i'm just going to fill.up the altar and call it a day.
    I think I'll come back for the weekend but I am going for Marauder Sentry with Multishot. One of my favourite D3 builds and it is expected to perform really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I play WWrend-Barbarian. But I think I'll take the DH for Haedrigs gift, since its a nice and fast playstyle. Almost like tanking as DH, but with damage.