Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Looks like the 10.1 zone name may have leaked. Spoilers!

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/16...C46ZDGhJstAAAA
    Ehh, it being the zone name seems like just one option among many. Could be a mega-dungeon, subzone, or even something instanced. Could even be the 10.1 raid for all we know.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I hope they keep Baine being somewhat wary of centaurs. Big doubt though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty in dark about next patch, but noticed Elemental Overflow will have even more rewards. We will have new sources for it or better start grinding invasions again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm pretty in dark about next patch, but noticed Elemental Overflow will have even more rewards. We will have new sources for it or better start grinding invasions again?
    Enemies will be dropping it in the Forbidden Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Rares in the Forbidden Reach drop up to 1k on the PTR.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Nice. Invasions are worst part of DF and I've done all achievs, so I guess I'll wait for patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Oh that makes me happy to hear, I really don't care for farming them in the invasions or that future area.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, it would be rather difficult to create a sequel to MoP. That expansion's story is pretty confined to Pandaria.
    Yeah because an expansion where 90% of tge story had connections with Titans and old gods and had us give wrathion powers of a titan keeper is just a story about pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yeah because an expansion where 90% of tge story had connections with Titans and old gods and had us give wrathion powers of a titan keeper is just a story about pandaria
    TBF, that's most WoW expansions.

Also as said earlier, that's pretty similar to what happened in BFA.

BfA really cribs MoP more than any of the other 'sequel' expansions, and it does not reflect well on BfA. MoP's storytelling wasn't amazing or particularly nuanced, but it blended its two major plots (faction war and Sha) perfectly in the conclusion: you fight both at once. Garrosh and the remains of Y'shaarj together. Now imagine if 5.3 concluded with the Alliance and rebel forces rolling up to Orgrimmar only for Garrosh to fuck off into alternate Draenor, then we go and do a random Sha raid in 5.4 to end the expansion.

MoP ends with a tenuous pact, a reminder of Pandaria being the biggest casualty in the conflict and for the two factions to entertain peace. BfA has no resolution, the characters all feel sad over Saurfang's death and call it day, but the extremely personal and genocidal nature of the Fourth War has no conclusion. So much so that they just threw in a timeskip to try to make you forget BfA happened as much as possible. They'll happily reference SL over anything to do with the Fourth War. I'll blame the current writing team for all my woes with SL and parts of DF, but Afrasiabi left an absolute black mark on the story with BfA that'll probably never get truly resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    BfA really cribs MoP more than any of the other 'sequel' expansions, and it does not reflect well on BfA. MoP's storytelling wasn't amazing or particularly nuanced, but it blended its two major plots (faction war and Sha) perfectly in the conclusion: you fight both at once. Garrosh and the remains of Y'shaarj together. Now imagine if 5.3 concluded with the Alliance and rebel forces rolling up to Orgrimmar only for Garrosh to fuck off into alternate Draenor, then we go and do a random Sha raid in 5.4 to end the expansion.

MoP ends with a tenuous pact, a reminder of Pandaria being the biggest casualty in the conflict and for the two factions to entertain peace. BfA has no resolution, the characters all feel sad over Saurfang's death and call it day, but the extremely personal and genocidal nature of the Fourth War has no conclusion. So much so that they just threw in a timeskip to try to make you forget BfA happened as much as possible. They'll happily reference SL over anything to do with the Fourth War. I'll blame the current writing team for all my woes with SL and parts of DF, but Afrasiabi left an absolute black mark on the story with BfA that'll probably never get truly resolved.
    This is a very good analysis and I agree. I think that the awkward pacing and disjointed sequence of stories really helped to kill BfA. The complete lack of cohesion was very terrible for its narrative.

How long until Sylvanas comes back as mary sue, do you guys think?

Since she's now being bestie with Anduin i feel we might even see her by the end of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    How long until Sylvanas comes back as mary sue, do you guys think?

Since she's now being bestie with Anduin i feel we might even see her by the end of this expansion.
    Depends on how they want to do the time difference in the SL that's been denied by watcher before launch but in the scenario was a thing

When we fight the final old god I believe we will see them return with her having powerful death magic and him a big light boi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    You need to get a new hobby dude. Seriously. Or see a shrink about your weird obsession.
    Interesting that you believe that bringing up a possible WoW expansion in a thread about possible WoW expansions is a hobby or a weird obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Interesting that you believe that bringing up a possible WoW expansion in a thread about possible WoW expansions is a hobby or a weird obsession.
    I think they are talking about how every time you mention an expansion it's midget related in either theme or class with a constant "it's coming next"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm wondering if the .0.7 power gain will be as noticeable as the s4 gains

Would be hilarious to go from 19s to 25s overnight

7+ Year Old Account
    "Tinkers are coming" is on the same lvl as "world revamp is coming".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm wondering if the .0.7 power gain will be as noticeable as the s4 gains

Would be hilarious to go from 19s to 25s overnight
    Wut S4 gains?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-25 at 07:06 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "Tinkers are coming" is on the same lvl as "world revamp is coming".
    Frankly, I'm still hoping for at least a limited revamp. Although I can't be certain that it is coming, I do feel like it remains a distinct possibility and could occur, especially if it were in a limited capacity (i.e. Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas only).

It would be cool to be a hero to people on the mainland once again, i will always prefer the "classic" architecture/look over anything else, so it would be nicel to see some zones revamped and modernized with current world systems.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-02-25 at 07:34 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Frankly, I'm still hoping for at least a limited revamp. Although I can't be certain that it is coming, I do feel like it remains a distinct possibility and could occur, especially if it were in a limited capacity (i.e. Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas only).
    After revamping leveling structure (which has build-up fix, cause they can always update 'base' expansion to more recent) Cataclysm style revamp is pointless and costly. But nothing stops them from remaking any part of old world (without removing old stuff, they are technically in the past anyway) as 70-80 zones.

It would require exactly same work as inventing another 'lost' continent where we deal with similar creatures anyway. So it's as good as any guess for next expac. Usual suspects would call it 'lazy', but most people would be more hyped to see known places with more detailed look than something completely new.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wut S4 gains?
    I think he confused mid-season power gain with completely new season.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2023-02-25 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Maybe I've just become too jaded but at this point I think we would be lucky to even get a revamp of Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

Undercity and Teldrassil 2.0 would be nice but the way they basically abandoned every other city for the past several years makes me think its not going to happen.