10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Once again, debatable. I like it but for many ppl it's annoying and interrupts their play flow.
    Not true almost everyone in-game loves, i rarely hear from someone that they hate it. Feels like a small minority on the forums hate it. Just learn how to fly i would say.
    Dragonriding made flying immersive since ever, so they better keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda annoying that 10.0.7 doesn't have scouting map for Dragon Isles as well. I get why heirlooms are delayed to ~10.1.5, but simple things as insta discovering flight paths/map should be possible from day 1 after you do it on main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I think they are talking about how every time you mention an expansion it's midget related in either theme or class with a constant "it's coming next"
    Well that’s not really true. I was pretty sure we were getting a dragon-based expansion last time around. Even based my Dragonborne and Dragonsworn class concepts around such an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that’s not really true. I was pretty sure we were getting a dragon-based expansion last time around. Even based my Dragonborne and Dragonsworn class concepts around such an expansion.
    True, but I do think that's something everybody knew was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not true almost everyone in-game loves, i rarely hear from someone that they hate it. Feels like a small minority on the forums hate it. Just learn how to fly i would say.
    Dragonriding made flying immersive since ever, so they better keep it.
    Oh you're sure about that? Then name every player who likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "Tinkers are coming" is on the same lvl as "world revamp is coming".

- - - Updated - - -

Wut S4 gains?
    sorry not the s4 immediate but that weird little bump where suddenly raids and dungeons got significantly easier for no reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    you said "if we are going to shadowlands we are getting a tinker class like ghostbusters"
    then "if we are going to the dragon isles we are likely to get tinkers and a dragon race"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    nobody "knew" it was coming
    a ton of us guessed because of the dragon bundle and Teriz was one of the guys that went further with it saying "the mechanical dragon pet and mechanical dragon mount mean tinkers and dragons"

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Oh you're sure about that? Then name every player who likes it.
    I can tell you that I don't like it. I want normal flying back. As someone who farms a lot dragonriding is really annoying and I don't think the changes in 10.0.7 will alleviate that. I really hope dragonriding stays a DF feature, still have no clue about that. Many say it will stay but they said the same about things like artifacts and blizz is known for their one-off throw-away-ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Dragonriding wasn't a success, you'd have the forums and social media be in uproar about it, as with all things that the playerbase doesn't like.
    Instead, any post about Dragonriding has overtly positive responses.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If Dragonriding wasn't a success, you'd have the forums and social media be in uproar about it, as with all things that the playerbase doesn't like.
    Instead, any post about Dragonriding has overtly positive responses.
    This.

A Reddit thread literally from yesterday:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...dfs_launch_ok/

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I can tell you that I don't like it. I want normal flying back. As someone who farms a lot dragonriding is really annoying and I don't think the changes in 10.0.7 will alleviate that. I really hope dragonriding stays a DF feature, still have no clue about that. Many say it will stay but they said the same about things like artifacts and blizz is known for their one-off throw-away-ideas.
    Artifacts were player power systems that weren't exactly received that well (AP grind) and they weren't really removed, they got replaced. DR is a travel system that is almost universally well received. Zero chances of it going away. Easy solution for future expansion - keep both flying systems.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-02-26 at 09:32 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

There's no reason not to have both flying systems.

"Normal flying" for more accurate, slower movement, Dragonriding for quicker traversal.

And you can easily make every mount "dragon-riding" compatible. There's no need to have distinct animations for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. There were some rather intense debate on whether we were doing dragon isles, Emerald Dream, World Revamp, or a Light v Void expansion. I don’t even believe Dragon Isles was the front runner until we got the Alexstraza leak near the end of March.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    s
    you said "if we are going to shadowlands we are getting a tinker class like ghostbusters"
    Incorrect. I was commenting on a leak that stated as such. I didn't create that idea.

then "if we are going to the dragon isles we are likely to get tinkers and a dragon race"
    Again, incorrect. I stated that due to the mechanical dragons Blizzard put out between BFA and Shadowlands, there was a chance that Undermine and Dragon Isles could be a merged concept due to Blizzard clearly bringing out a class in 10.0, and there being no clear dragon class concept in WoW. Hence why I created the Dragonborne and Dragonsworn concepts to justify a Dragon-only expansion.

I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to speculate during leak seasons.

This is a very good analysis and I agree. I think that the awkward pacing and disjointed sequence of stories really helped to kill BfA. The complete lack of cohesion was very terrible for its narrative.
    The issue with BfA is that the expansion felt like it was originally supposed to come to an end with a cliffhanger at the Eternal Palace of Azshara. The heart of Azeroth is depleted there and sylvanas treachery can be dealt with at the same time and makes more sense with how each faction forces are depleted or dispersed.

Ashvane is freed and conspires with Sylvanas only for her to be in the next scene leading naga armies. This still makes no sense after shadowlands because there clearly was supposed to be more leading up to Nazjatar.

Nathanos using the black blade to doom his own ship into Nazjatar only to completely disappear during the whole campaign is also a symptom of this.

They did learn from this in shadowlands and stuck with a shorter and less "all over the place" campaign but I fear for Dragonflight when they can't even artistically conceptualise a dragon capital city that feels like the rightful domain of the aspects or zones that feel part of the "dragon" isles. Remove dragon npc and nothing can indicate that this place is dragon territory.

Easy solution for future expansion - keep both flying systems.
    That's what I'm hoping for.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    My issue with Dragonriding is that it is very likely to be a abandoned feature which again leaves the potential of the system into the dustbin of history like everything else where people noticed some potential if continual development was allowed.

Again, they aren't going to continue developing it I bet. There's not going to be Player-ran Routes, Better Multiplayer Support + Running Your Own Races, More Challenges etc.

If we're lucky we get to see more Races on the Content Islands they will add, but again I think thats' about all we're going to get outside of Addon Supported stuff if they add Dragonriding later on to EK and Kalimdor.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    There's no reason not to have both flying systems.

"Normal flying" for more accurate, slower movement, Dragonriding for quicker traversal.

And you can easily make every mount "dragon-riding" compatible. There's no need to have distinct animations for that.
    Honestly when 10.7 rolls in and you can slow down and refund vigor when you want to grab a mining node or herb, even that is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    My issue with Dragonriding is that it is very likely to be a abandoned feature which again leaves the potential of the system into the dustbin of history like everything else where people noticed some potential if continual development was allowed.

Again, they aren't going to continue developing it I bet. There's not going to be Player-ran Routes, Better Multiplayer Support + Running Your Own Races, More Challenges etc.

If we're lucky we get to see more Races on the Content Islands they will add, but again I think thats' about all we're going to get outside of Addon Supported stuff if they add Dragonriding later on to EK and Kalimdor.
    Why is it certain to be abandoned though? M+ is now an integral part of the endgame, despite being introduced as a slightly more rewarding variant of Challenge Mode dungeons.
    If Dragonriding stays popular then I don't see why it wouldnt continue to be supported.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why is it certain to be abandoned though? M+ is now an integral part of the endgame, despite being introduced as a slightly more rewarding variant of Challenge Mode dungeons.
    If Dragonriding stays popular then I don't see why it wouldnt continue to be supported.
    This guy has a habit of painting any feature/development in a negative light and always assuming that future will be shit. Go check his reaction to Trading Post announcement.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    This guy has a habit of painting any feature/development in a negative light and always assuming that future will be shit. Go check his reaction to Trading Post announcement.
    I mean, its literally a retention mechanic to keep subscriptions going.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean, its literally a retention mechanic to keep subscriptions going.
    So are any content patches between expansions by this logic, pal. Fkin Blizz giving us 9.0.7 with new content to keep us subbed!

1+ Year Old Account
    So are any content patches between expansions by this logic, pal.
    Well, I mean I can unsubscribe and wait for content patches unlike the Trading Post which is meant to exist so that my subscription never lapses due to the fact that I want every Monthly reward from the Trading Post otherwise I will have to wait a long time before it becomes available for purchase in the Trading Post again.

Anyways, this topic will never go anywhere because people play dense because it suits their weird obsession with this billion dollar company.

Nihil.